Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

Old 07-16-2006, 11:27 PM   #1

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra
World War 3

i'm not gonna bring the whole story here from MSNBC. but if you want to read the full thing: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13853565/

BEIRUT, Lebanon - Israel tightened its seal on Lebanon, blasting its air and road links to the outside world and bringing its offensive to the capital for the first time Friday in order to punish Hezbollah — and with it, the country — for the capture of two Israeli soldiers.

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Israel would not halt its offensive until Hezbollah was disarmed. He made the comment in a telephone call with U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan, Israeli government officials said. Olmert agreed to let a U.N. team come in and try to mediate a cease-fire, an official close to Olmert said on condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to speak to the media.

Warplanes again smashed runways at Beirut’s airport with hours of airstrikes, trying to render it unusable, and destroyed mountain bridges on the main highway to Syria. Warships blockaded Lebanon’s ports for a second day. Smoke drifted over the capital after strikes exploded fuel tanks at one of Beirut’s two main power stations, gradually escalating the damage to Lebanon’s key infrastructure.

Lebanese guerrillas responded by firing a barrage of at least 60 Katyusha rockets throughout the day into northern Israeli towns. The Israeli army ordered residents of Haifa into bomb shelters on Friday, a day after Israel's third largest city was hit by rockets.

Hot spots are just getting more intensified each and every passing day. Iran developed nuclear weapons, N. Korea has been testing thier long range missiles, the US occupation in Iraq is still being prolonged, the genocide in africa(mainly darfur in sudan) shows no sign of letting up and the UN does nothing but stand by and talk, a coup in somalia may be a new haven for bin laden and others in al-qaeda, and Israel is attacking whoever borders them in the name of defense. if Israel keeps this up, Iran might test out on of thier nuclear missiles as well, plunging the entire mid-east deeper into chaos.

Hell, some might say WW3 began once the US entered Iraq, but this might be the straw that broke the camel's back.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:50 PM   #2

Spiff
Kung-Fu Fighter

Send a message via AIM to Spiff Send a message via MSN to Spiff
Re: World War 3

It probably is the begining. All that needs to happen to create a full blown out war would be for Iran to get their hands on nuclear weapons and then it's on.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:38 PM   #3

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Hmph... it's like a middle school fight. Two fight, and others jump in. Two countries fight (USA and Iraq/Iran) and other countries(rumored Korera) jump in. It's crazy. =\ You can only hope though.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:19 PM   #4
richboywonder
Swordmaster

so you mean we are going to have a world war 3.i didn't think this would ever happen.
richboywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:23 PM   #5
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Luckily I live in Arizona.
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:50 AM   #6

Spiff
Kung-Fu Fighter

Quick question: If there was a call of duty, would you join the military and fight?
Old 07-26-2006, 01:28 AM   #7

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Our government isn't worth fighting for. Our country maybe, but not our government. Too many theories and no answers, everyone is basically pissed and sick of it all. So, what else of redemption would we seek besides dying for our country?

I wouldn't like it. I might. I've got alot to live for, and alot of people die in war.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:25 PM   #8

Spiff
Kung-Fu Fighter

Well, the first battle has ended and each side can now re-stock its supplies. Any thoughts?
Old 08-30-2006, 10:00 PM   #9

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Bleh. If Bush raids every country for oil like Iraq (concluded there was no Iraq relation of 9/11, and they're having the war in the WRONG country), then there will indeed be a WW3. If terrorists want their country to not have the same laws as we do, let it be. Everything can't be like America, and wasn't faught for to be like America. Well, mostly. =P Bush just wants to be all powerful, by the strings of the government. Either way, we're fighting for the wrong reasons, in my opinion. =O
Old 08-31-2006, 10:56 AM   #10

Spiff
Kung-Fu Fighter

I'm pretty sure this will out-last Bush. It will become a decision for a new president and depending on who they are will affect the direction the US will take.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:13 AM   #11

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Of course. But why are we fighting? To take away everything a country has, because we want more of it? It's unethical. I don't even see why they attacked Iraq. It was average(as average as it can get over there), before the 9/11 incident, which they even had no part in. We were supposed to believe Iraq was the source of 9/11, and we're fighting for the country, which most people can agree, that's not why we're there. But, yeah. If I were smart, I'd talk about alot of the reasons why we're having the war in Iraq. I just can't word it right. XD
Old 08-31-2006, 11:57 AM   #12

Staircase
Shinra Owner

Send a message via AIM to Staircase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra
Of course. But why are we fighting? To take away everything a country has, because we want more of it? It's unethical. I don't even see why they attacked Iraq. It was average(as average as it can get over there), before the 9/11 incident, which they even had no part in. We were supposed to believe Iraq was the source of 9/11, and we're fighting for the country, which most people can agree, that's not why we're there. But, yeah. If I were smart, I'd talk about alot of the reasons why we're having the war in Iraq. I just can't word it right. XD
Exactly. The government just wanted an excuse to finish up what was started before in iraq. Its almost as if we think countrys are worse than ours, so we invade and force them to become more like us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiff
I'm pretty sure this will out-last Bush. It will become a decision for a new president and depending on who they are will affect the direction the US will take.
Im not sure the next president has a choice. Bush has dug a hole to deep to just jump out of. If we just evacuate iraq/iran now, it will be pure chaos because they will have no order. We took that away from them.

Last edited by Staircase; 08-31-2006 at 12:00 PM.
Staircase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:58 PM   #13

SethirothVII
Moogle Farmer

Send a message via MSN to SethirothVII

That is true about iraq i beleive we shouldnt of even went to war now we are going to invade iran cause of nuclear technology what they do have and isreal is very unstable you gotta be pretty blind not to notice that ww3 is coming we need wars to survive anyway when a wars begins new tchnology is developed the nuclear bomb gives you most energy today and will do for a long time so war isnt too bad as long as you survive it.

http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1098
SethirothVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:04 PM   #14

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

It's like these past years have warped the USA from being an independent free country, to a dictating, controlling power hungry nation. It's wrong. o_0

It started before 9/11. As far back as I can remember, Bill Clinton had the oppertunity to capture Osama Bin Laden. But he was too busy having that affair problem. XD Then a few years later, in 2001, the Towers incident happened. And with Bush, as stupid as he is, he just thought "War to save the country!". But meh. The government is far more complex can we can ever think of it as it may be. If that even made sense, I would break it down. =D

There are a lot of major higher ups incidents that involve the CIA and the government acting alone. It's like a big school ground girl squad that gossips and has all of the secrets. And the boys don't know. -_-" It's very possible that there are many reasons besides war and oil that we're fighting in Iraq.

It's weird. o.o I don't know what to think about Bush. Is he smarter than he looks, or is he just a big puppet for the government? Either way, I bet every country's pissed at him, and he doesn't know what to do with firepower. There's going to be a WW3. This president or next, his actions and future actions can't help much, now that everyone in the nation has second thoughts about said actions.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:18 PM   #15

SethirothVII
Moogle Farmer

Send a message via MSN to SethirothVII

Bush will probbly be assassinated not my point of view but if you belive what notridomus says the world leader of the new world shall be struck down. WW3 would of happended anyway you cant stop war. Bush knows nothing he is always bugged and told what to say by the CIA,NID,FBI,SPEC OPS the government so he is like the puppet for the government. When 9/11 happended war on terr began is it still going probbly not Bush cares about money as it was proven his family were paid to help with excustions of jews by hitler. Bush doesnt care about bin laden or america if is more focused on the middle east america will lose all its allies and be destroyed because of bush and thats why ww3 will happen notridomus says it and codes in the bible up to you if you wanna beleive them but bush shall be killed either as a president or civillian

http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1098
SethirothVII is offline   Reply With Quote