Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > RPG Stories > The Story of Palis
Community Mark Forums Read

The Story of Palis A continuing story of worlds trapped in war, where their only hope are Heroes from other worlds.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2005, 03:12 PM   #18

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~
Re: Chapter 3: In The Clouds

The others seemed to be finally free of the dream world. Brian however stood there glassy eyed and smiling like a madman.

~~~

Deep inside his own mind Brian’s memory replayed the great battle of seven hundred years ago.

A great warrior stood weapon in hand commanding a great demon army. Hector, Bathoris, Kain, and Valmarus stood in front of the great warrior reading over battle plans. The figure turned so that Brian could see its face. It was a girl with a beautiful and kind looking face, however somewhere in the face Brian could see his own face there.

She started to speak to the demon lords that were reading themselves for the war; she had the same voice as the demon that had spoke to him while he fell from the airship. Quickly visions of a past life ran through his head, visions of hate, murder and war. Something inside him snapped and he started to realize he was not here to be helping the mortals, but rather to be helping the demons destroy this world.

~~~

Brian’s eyes opened a dark shadow formed around them. He started laughing madly.

“You’re all going to die, die! DIE DIE!!” He said laughing as more and more black lightning crackled around his body.

Malice and Titania still dazed and hurt from the encounter with the mental onslaught were unable to move. A gigantic ball of black lightning came from Brian’s hand Malice and Titania sat holding each other in fear of being destroyed. Osirus caught the ball of lightning in his chest knocking him back at first then sending him flying into the woods as it exploded. Osirus now stood in-between Brian and Belials comrades.

“Someone better get them out of here, this guys a whole different class of badass then we are Belial.” Osirus said as a wall of book pages came up in front of him to deflect what may be coming next.

Brian just kept laughing and laughing. “You’re all going to die why you are trying to save yourselves. Your have no chance none at all, and you still fight It.” the insane laughing continued.

The ghostly form of Nichi stood next to Osirus now. “It would seem I misjudged my choice when I brought you to this world.” Nichi turned to Malice and Titania. “We are expecting another guest soon please be waiting for her to arrive.”

Nichi cast a barrier to back up the one that Osirus had put up himself. Another ball of lightning came crackling against the back of the wall slowly burning though. Osirus caught this one and also was thrown into the woods. Nichi put up another barrier and hoped to the gods he could hold it off, with no real body to take the impact Titania and Malice would surely be killed and just as he thought that Magus joined in to protect them. “I’m staking my life on this barrier we best not fail them Nichi.” Casting another even greater barrier Magus turned and winked at his old friend.

The next lightning blast came and was tearing away at the barriers when a great explosion came from behind them. The lightning blast disappeared just before making its way through the barrier.

A girl stood on the other side of Titania and Malice. She seemed a little dazed and very confused. “Whoa a forest, no shit a real forest. I could have sworn we had destroyed them all a long time ago.” She said this as she ran over and hugged a tree. The girl stood there holding the tree tightly. On her back was the same sword that Nichi had wielded the day he died. She wore a lightly clad set of black plate armor and long dark blond hair that went down most of her back in a braid.

Brian looked at her and smiled wildly.

She stretched and then took in her surroundings. “So what is going on here? Hmm” Looking down at Malice and Titania who seemed scared, and then looking at the ghost form of Nichi who she recognized from a dream, then looking at Magus who was sweating trying to keep up the barrier. Finally she looked at Brian who was smiling like a pervert who just got his first peak at someone’s underwear. It made her shutter with disgust.

“Please help us Syne! We need to get him away from here.” Nichi said motioning at Brian.

Drawing her sword she nodded. Using her sword like a giant fan she swung it and made a vortex of dust and leaves that headed right into Brian’s side. Brian tried to dodge it by jumping back but the top of the vortex bent to grab him and threw him into the air. Then jumping high into the sky she hit him broad side with the sword knocking him into the woods.

Nichi and Magus sat down exhausted by the power use they had just endured. “Thanks Syne.” Nichi said.

“No problem at all it was no problem.” She said this as she walked over, then tripped on a root and fell on her hands. “Hehe. Happens all the time, no worries.” She said with a smile and a little laugh.

Titania and Malice had gotten themselves over to sit and see what was going on. Osirus and Belial, while burned up a little seemed fine and joined the rest of them again.

Nichi smiled. “Well good to see you all are alive and somewhat ok still. I’m sorry that you all seem to have had such a rough time here. I am also sorry for replacing my help with the evil half of who I am.”

“The evil half of who you are?” Malice said inquisitively.

Explaining the situation Nichi went on to explain that the three of them, Brian, Nichi and Syne were all once the great demon that ruled over Palis 700 years before. When Nichi died he wanted to draw the good side of him to help finish the war, but it would seem that that’s not what the world wanted so it sent him the evil side first.

“I see so you all have been drawn back to this world.” Titania said.

Nichi nodded.

“So I’m supposed to fend off him? The pervert?” Syne shuddered.

“Something like that.” Nichi looked at his body which was once again disappearing. “It would seem I must go for now once again. Be safe.”

~~~

Meanwhile in the woods Brian had gotten to his feat and had opened the full power that he was entitled to. “It seems that its time for me to return to the command of the army, my army.” He said as he laughed.