Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2007, 08:07 AM   #1

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Thumbs up Level-up your life!

Ok...now I know this may seem like an odd-topic and seemingly may not belong in the SD&D section...but I assure you I am very serious w/a semi-serious Title

Everyone who plays role-playing games knows the benefits of leveling. (ie: a level 50 character is stronger than a level 20 character.) Simply put - gaining levels is (typically) a good idea. ;hea ;a06

My reason for posting this topic is this:

WHAT IF PEOPLE TREATED THEIR LIVES THE SAME WAY?!?!

Now, here's where I'm going, if I sound a little wierd - please just follow me the best you can...

Its difficult where to put a level one person at...I suppose the best place you could (honestly) say a level one individual would be would be in the body of an infant - just born. One would have basic health, dexterity, you can pass gas, eat, etc. etc. XD

Fast-forward about 7 years...I would put the average level of a 7 year old at about...4 or 5. You know a LOT more than you did as an infant. You're weaned, (hopefully) o_O you can fend for yourself in the kitchen if mom and dad aren't looking. Your survivability increases.

Fast-forward again about 10 years. Graduation! = D From H.S. = O! Honestly - compared to where you could possibly go - although you've learned SOOOO much, I would put a 17 y/o at about a level 10-12.

Why am I making this rediculous statement?!?! Because I believe its the God's honest truth. I think if more people treated their lives...not just their schooling - like a RPG the impact would be huge. What would a level 50 YOU look like, talk like, feel like? What would a lvl 75's bank account look like??? Put-aside the hair-braindedness of it for a minute and conceive (if you can) people reading for the sake of learning and growing as individuals...instead of beause they like war novels or the poets or Shakespeare...Imagine people actually learning to defend themselves for reasons other-than combat - ok...maybeh that's a bad example >_> But still. I'm going to use myself as an example.

When I graduated H.S....honestly, I feel like I was like, level 8. I got a sub-par education - although I value certain aspects of it...but - on average I was about an 8. I couldn't write an opus, I couldn't navigate around the world, I couldn't tell you 10 of the players on the Chicago Cubs or NY Mets at that time....I was far below average at best. (Hey, I'm just being honest - not berrating myself.) Currently, I feel like I'm about level 12 or 13....I'll tell you why later.

What I want to know is...what do YOU feel your current level is...and WHAT KIND/HOW MUCH experience will it take for you to 'level-up!' I think it makes for an interesting way to look at the world. Instead of trying to 'get by' or 'survive one more day.' It's a unique spin on personal development.

....of course, you're always going to have people who go for a 'low-level challenge.' By that I mean they're not doing it on purpose. They just couldn't care less and it shows in they're attitude about life, the government, they're relationships... Do you know anyone like this?
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.

Last edited by reasoniamalive; 07-21-2007 at 03:09 AM.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote