Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

View Poll Results: Do you think gays should be able to marry?
Yes 24 82.76%
No 5 17.24%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2006, 10:34 AM   #1

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

Same Sex Marrige

Do you think people of the same sex should marry? explain your answer.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:11 PM   #2

Unknown Kaze
Cactuar Thorn

Re: Same Sex Marrige

Being a Christian, it goes against my religion, so no but I also cant stop it, so meh.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:51 PM   #3

John Smith
~Wizard~

Send a message via MSN to John Smith Send a message via Yahoo to John Smith Send a message via Skype™ to John Smith

Yeah, they're people after all and they have the same rights as everyone else. They're people, not rocks or trees or any of thar stuff. I think they should be able to marry.

To the people that think otherwise, why shouldn't gays marry?

Click here to read Dragon Ball Multiverse! Includes several languages! =D
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:26 PM   #4

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

Yeah, I agree, but can you guys get more in detail for me. This is a essay for me. I not asking for you guys to write it for me, but all i need is a few good reasons why or why not.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:54 PM   #5
richboywonder
Swordmaster

so you want us to help you on your essay
richboywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 02:13 AM   #6
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

I don't really care, no. This is the twenty-first century and everything.

I apologize for not providing too much info other than my indifference, but you should probably state that you want information for an essay in your first post, rather than giving the impression that this is another Serious Discussion thread.
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:35 AM   #7

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Kaze
Being a Christian, it goes against my religion, so no but I also cant stop it, so meh.

Uuurgh! :mad:

Nothing against you Unk. Kaze, but I get sick of people using the 'religion' card. If you don't know WHY you believe something, you're better of saying nothing at all...then again - I'm not trying to say you don't know, but stating that something is right or wrong based simply off of some standard handed down in any church doesn't tell the other person anything. Religion isn't what matters...its relationship! God created man. He created him to be in fellowship (closely dependant) on God and others "It is not good for man to be alone." came from the Creator himself.

Next, He (God) created woman from man. That is why 'Man will leave his father and mother and cling to his wife and the two will become one." It's more than just verses...we were meant to experience intimate love with ONE member of the opposite sex. Period. That is the main reason why ANY sex outside of marriage is wrong. I look at homosexuality the same way I look at opposite-sex-permisquity...as something that man made up while trying to think that he knows better and can do whatever he wants to do and doesn't need any gods to tell him what is what...just like in the garden of Eden.

I realize that my belief/understanding is what it is because I believe that God's Word is Truth, and I cannot make anyone else see that - its not up to me. So I do what I can to teach others and pray that God will reveal it to others through His Word and me.

Then there's the whole plug and a plug and a socket and a socket don't go together... But that's my laid-back answer.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:47 AM   #8

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

Dang. :O I'm all for it.

The first thing people think of when people mention "Gay Marrige" is, ''Two women? I'm all for that. But two dudes? Eww...no." But that's not all you need to look ati. The majority of people think about sex when they hear that. Love isn't just about sex. It's being happy with your loved one, and keeping your vows true.

I don't have a problem with two women getting married. (Dang! :O). I don't have a problem with two men getting married either. They say it's okay for women to get married to other women because women have been out of the closet a lot longer than guys have. That really doesn't matter.

I'd rather see a gay happy couple than a straight sad couple. If they're happy, hell, let them do what they want. It's want they want with their life, and their desires don't need to be stomped upon because we think it's nasty for two dudes or girls to be married.

Besides Texas has been doing it for a long time, people unaware. I see you Texas! :O Anyway, yeah, that's about it. They have the full rights to get married, because as long as they're happy, it doesn't matter. I doubt seeing a gay couple would piss people off to the extent of something drastic anyway.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:53 AM   #9

John Smith
~Wizard~

Send a message via MSN to John Smith Send a message via Yahoo to John Smith Send a message via Skype™ to John Smith

As Leónidas Hegenberg (Philosopher) (I don't know his name translation into english, sorry) said, and I quote, "While he beleives, man does not need to think".

With this, being it directed to Unknown Kaze, I mean that you believe in what you're told, not on what you believe in. Do you know what autonomy is? Believing in what you're told is not having autonomy, but being automated (Automated: Person that does what other people tell him/her what to do; not thinking by thyself)

Old 10-28-2006, 01:13 PM   #10

Spec Highwind
The Portuguese Dragoon

Send a message via MSN to Spec Highwind Send a message via Yahoo to Spec Highwind

Zeromus' opinion = My oppinion

"My hopes live on in those who remain"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
omg.
that quote is totally going in my sig.
Spec Highwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 03:40 PM   #11
Slider
Master Summoner

That was a harsh reason!!!
I mean COME ON, you even agree with Kaze
as for me, I refuse because I think it's useless for same sex, and that's aside from any religious influence, that's my personnal oppinion
(I also know it's merely a matter of time before ToD finds out I said something and comes to disagree )
Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 05:05 PM   #12

John Smith
~Wizard~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider
Try to understand the difference.

Kaze said that it goes against his religion, so he follows it. He doesn't even give a reason as to his reply.

And I DON'T agree with Kaze on this.

Old 10-29-2006, 05:46 PM   #13

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider
That was a harsh reason!!!
as for me, I refuse because I think it's useless for same sex, and that's aside from any religious influence, that's my personnal oppinion
(I also know it's merely a matter of time before ToD finds out I said something and comes to disagree )

LOL @ ^!

ToD's cool,.. that eyebrow wigs me out . Ne way, want to know more pep's opinion about the subject.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 05:49 PM   #14
Slider
Master Summoner

um... John
I said REASOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!
I also see the diffrence, but I still think REASONIMALIVE was harsh on Kaze althought they support the same oppinion, besides it's a good thing to follow your religion!
Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:36 AM   #15

Staircase
Shinra Owner

Send a message via AIM to Staircase

I think same sex marriage is alright. As Hydra said before, i'de rather see a happy gay couple, than a sad straight couple. I'm a strong Christian, but i don't believe that it is wrong to have same sex relationships. I think the bible has some things in it that aren't true, that people have passed over time. I don't think Jesus himself said that Gay marriage is unacceptable, i think it was an older Christian belief from BC when the Churches were used more as a ruling power than a church. But then again, i may be totally wrong and anger some people, but thats just my belief on the subject at hand. =)