Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy I - IV
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy I - IV The Classics from 1987-1991. Revisit the classic stories.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:00 AM   #1

Staircase
Shinra Owner

Send a message via AIM to Staircase
Final Fantasy II - easy leveling

FF2has 2 features, 1, you dont level, you get better in certain skills by using them alot, and you can attack your own team. Using the two found out that if you have everybody attack themselves, and a white mage curing everyone the battle will last forever. And after a while of doing it, finish the battle. Your whitemage/black mages MP and Magic level will be off the roof because MP levels by using alot of MP in one battle, your warriors HP and endrance will go up, because they lost alot of hp in one battle, and everyone gains exp with that weapon. Its very easy to get ur stats up this way.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:45 AM   #2
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Re: Final Fantasy II - easy leveling

Yeah, the advancement system in FFII is weird that way...they could've executed it a bit better to prevent stuff like this.

Besides beating up your own people, you can do the Attack/Cancel trick to raise your weapons and spells' levels. Just select a target with an attack or spell, and then cancel. Re-select a target, and cancel again. The proficiency of that weapon/spell will go up 1 point for each time you re-target/cancel, regardless of if you actually used it or not. This'll work for everyone but the fourth member of your party (who you usually don't bother to train extensively anyway, except Leon.) This won't work in the Gameboy Advance version.

Another way to increase your HP/MP is to use the magic spell, 'Swap'. (Or 'Change' in some versions.) Use this on the weak vine enemies near the first town (or the enemies inside the Semitt Falls Cave if the world map encounters have changed yet), and since your HP and MP have gone down to the level of the weak monsters, your HP, MP, and various other stats will be raised, just from one battle! Unfortunatley, you'll be weakened and out of MP, and you can only get Swap in Mysidia, which is very far into the game. This trick works in all versions of the game.

Of course, you'll have to level it up some to make it successful most of the time, but it doesn't take too long to max out all your characters HP/MP this way, and it really makes the menu screen look awesome with maxed out stats. xD Of course, some initially melee fighters like Guy/Gus may have a hard time using their brain to cast a spell.
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:04 PM   #3

Staircase
Shinra Owner

Send a message via AIM to Staircase

Yea, darn. I looked at gamefaqs and they already had it. Would be sweet to sumbit ur own code to gamefaqs and every1 sees ur name =P. But yea, it kinda stops working after firion hits 400's on himself and he only as 600 hp =/.
Old 07-22-2006, 03:36 PM   #4
richboywonder
Swordmaster

i have everyone 9999hp and 999mp.
richboywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 06:26 PM   #5

ChocoboMan
Moogle Farmer

Thanks for the hints guys.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:22 AM   #6

dappa
Master Summoner

If you go early in the game but not too early to cid and get him to give you a lift to that castle where theres a chocobo forest next to it ( i think its called kasion). Catch a chocobo and ride it all over the world till you reach mysidia then buy up all the items there. Make sure you have lots of money though.
dappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:54 PM   #7

dappa
Master Summoner

Life3 on thread

Here is my favorite one. Use this attack/cancel trick on your characters to make their speed and evasion go to the max.

You should have a shield proficiency of lv16

Wear light armour like ribbons and other armour which grants your charcters various effects.

It dont matter that some of this armour and accessories you've equiped aint the strongest cause nothing is gonna hit you anyway which is the best bit. For added safety also cast blink 16 on your characters.

Word of warning dont think that just because you have maximum stats for everything and are wearing the strongest armour in the game that you are safe from the black knights in pandaemonium castle (final dungeon). They will make mincemeat out of you with their bloodswords.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:00 AM   #8
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Oh yes...the speed trick. I've never gotten to try it, but I've always heard of it. It's pretty much the only way to escape those Black Knights without substantial injury.
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:59 PM   #9

dappa
Master Summoner

Especially if its a full party of black knights, I watched a mate of mine years ago get slaughtered by them. They aren't to be underestimated if your party hasn't got shields and heavy armour equipped.