Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy VII
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy VII The Legendary Final Fantasy! Come talk about this classic Hit from 1997

Old 08-15-2006, 11:39 PM   #1
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Solo KITTEN SITH challenge!

I thought of trying this to prove that KITTEN SITH is the greatest FF Kitty character known to man!

But unfortunately, you don't get Kitten Sith for a ways into Disc One. I'll just play as solo-Cloud until then.

What do you guys think? If I get good enough (I'm not really that great at FFVII), I may challenge the Weapons with Kitten Sith!

Edit: Right after I steal the Chantage from Meliadoul...maybe I should just go ahead and beat Tactics first. I have the Math Skill mastered for three people, it shouldn't be too much.

Last edited by Zeromus_X; 08-15-2006 at 11:42 PM.
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:51 PM   #2
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Re: Solo KITTEN SITH challenge!

I'm at the Train Graveyard now, Cloud's at Level 14. I'm slaughtering enemies so I can get Meteorain and hopefully be able to kill Reno before he Pyramid-izes me.

170 more kills to go. >_>

Edit: Wow, it really does just say 'Game Over' when you're Pyramid'ed solo. Cloud leveled up to 17 and got Meteorain. I used it once on Reno (lots of lovely 200s and 100s popped up) and used a Deadly Waste to finish him off. Snagged the Sense Materia at the playground, and stocked up on items at Wall Market. It's time to enter the Shinra Building...probably do that tomorrow. At least the annoying part is over.

Last edited by Zeromus_X; 08-21-2006 at 01:31 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:10 AM   #3

Griever
He is legend

Send a message via MSN to Griever

Then when you get to junon you get to fight bottemswell or whatever, and i think if you get trapped by it's bubble thing, you get a game over too if you are the only one in the party.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:38 PM   #4
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

-Continued to Kalm and did annoying flashback thing.
-Tifa is stupid.
-Went to Chocobo Farm. Tried to learn Beta in vain. I can kill the Midgar Zolom easily, but learning Beta just isn't working, even with Elemental/Fire on my armor. I'll just go buy a Fire Ring from Costa del Sol later.
-Went through Mythril Mines.
-Went to Fort Condor
-Went to Junon. Killed Bottomswell. Thankfully it didn't use the Bubble attack.
-Am now at upper Junon. Heidegger is stupid. Doing annoying pose thingie.

At least I got six potions instead of 'send that idiot a bomb!'. I can never do that part correctly. xD
Old 08-23-2006, 12:09 PM   #5

Yggdrasill
Cruxis Angel

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrasill

There is a really easy way to beat the weapons and only Cloud is needed, you'll need:

Materia needed:
5 "Mime" materia's.
5 "Counter" materia's.
Underwater materia

You'll also need the Omnislash Limit-break.
To beat Emerald easy just put the Mime and Counter in linked slots like this Mime=Counter.
Once you begin the battle have your limit-break already filled and have Cloud use Omnislash, now as soon as Emerald attack's you, you'll use Omnislash 5 times in succession. It's a pretty easy and sneaky way to beat Emerald and Ruby, the same thing works if you use 'Knights of the round' instead of Omnislash.

Homer: I've learned that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.
Yggdrasill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 05:06 PM   #6

Zeon
Master Thief

Location: where the tonberry lies, i'll be there, where the sea meets the sands, i'll be there...hell :)
Send a message via MSN to Zeon

oh thts cool didnt know tht.........awesome might have to try tht............wait cant........already beat them. and wouldnt u know it my bloody discs no longer work :'(

ill try it eventually though just gunna have to get a new set tis all
Zeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:09 PM   #7
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Oh yes, I know how to pwn the Weapons by now. xD

I don't feel like using Knights of the Round though, because it is cheap, and I loathe lengthly summon animations. Kitten Sith doesn't have power limit breaks, and Joker Doom is very rare to get (though I have killed Emerald with it before in a normal game). 4x Cut spammage might be in order...I'm still trying to figure out what should be forbidden to make it not so easy.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:44 PM   #8

Wezzy
Chocobo Jockey

Send a message via MSN to Wezzy

I was thinking forbid all summons...? Maybe that will make it harder although the only time i have used a summon on my file is to own those little squirrel thingies at Bone Village it's so fun ^_^ i used Bahamut ZERO on them for my friend to see and we laughed for a long time watching those squirrels get blown to smitherenes ^_^.
Sorry went a little off-topis there XD
Old 08-24-2006, 04:47 PM   #9

Zeon
Master Thief

Location: where the tonberry lies, i'll be there, where the sea meets the sands, i'll be there...hell :)

mmmmm tht would make it pretty much impossible as u need phoenix minimum to revive ur character each time.......
Old 08-24-2006, 05:02 PM   #10
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Don't worry Wezzy.

Yeah, that might be a good idea. But I don't really like most of the summons in FFVII anyway. Loads of MP to cast, with annoying animations. That might be a good idea. Of course, when Kitten Sith joins the party, he'll be at a high level because Cloud is. Hopefully Barret's level will recalculate for the Dyne fight as well...

Edit: Oh yeah, they gain a little experience anyway. I didn't know that. :I

Went through Junon. Got all the Sources, bought a Revive Materia (level it up as I go along so I'll have Life 2 at some point for Final Attack, if I'm using those). Got a 130 on Rufus' mood guage ("Keep up the good work for Shinra, Inc.") and got the Force Stealer. Double AP Growth!

Stole a Shinra Beta from the Marine enemy. Killed off Tifa and Aerith. Saved on the ship. Level 19.

Opened the chest with the Wind Slash. Fought Jenova-BIRTH. Took a few tries, just put Cloud in the back row Hypered. Three Meteorains put Jenova in its place. However, it attacks like four times in a row sometimes...for whatever reason.

Leveled up, got Cloud to level 20. Now at Costa del Sol. Let's talk to Hojo on the beach!

Last edited by Zeromus_X; 08-24-2006 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:50 PM   #11
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

This warrants a double post.

Went through Mt. Corel. Collected the items. Went on...to the Gold Saucer.

AND I MET KITTEN SITH! I'M NAMING HIM AS WE SPEAK!

Now the true 'Solo Kitten Sith' challenge has begun!
Old 08-27-2006, 01:35 AM   #12
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Things didn't start off good. Kitten Sith was at level 12.

Kitten Sith was safe in the back ranks. Using his magic, he blasted the monsters in the Corel Prison. After Barret duked it out with Dyne, Cloud did the Chocobo Race. Freedom!

Kitten Sith used our newfound buggy and was off to save the world. He leveled up to about 15 near Gongaga. Putting on his trusty Fire Ring, he fought Reno and Rude. After buying supplies (and getting the Double AP Growth Black Megaphone in Gongaga), we were ready to go! We also went back to the beach near Costa del Sol and got Big Guard.

Kitten Sith's next stop was the Cosmo Canyon.

"Who's Nanaki?"

"Nanaki is Nanaki!"

I'm doing that on every game from now on.

With the assistance of Hi-Potions, Kitten Sith leveled up some more in the Gi Cave. (Delibrately tripping the traps). I got a Game Over on the Stinger monsters, but with some Graviballs and a well-placed Dice, Kitten Sith got rid of it. Whew. *Exit and saves*

Still with the Fire Ring on, the Gi Nattak's flame henchman were powerless. I Cure 2'd the Gi Nattak until he "died". Hi-Potions helped alot as well.

After that, we continued through Nibelheim. Got some free items from the Jenova junkies. Went through Mount Nibel. Went through confusing maze, confusing pipe puzzle, and was once again reminded of FFVII's overall confusing psuedo-3D pre-rendered backgrounds. Killed Materia Keeper. That was close. I was knocked down to about 50 HP! A quick Cure 2 helped alot. I learned Trine in the battle.

I also stole a Gold Armlet from the Dragons in Mount Nibel. Yay for Flame Rings!

Met Cid in Rocket Town. Sat down and drank our GODDAMN TEA!! Kitten Sith had a hard time with Palmer. Fire Ring nullified one of the attacks of his Mako Gun. Trine was good for 500 or so damage. I finally just Hasted Kitten Sith, put him in the front row, and smacked Palmer for around 100 damage, around five times before he could do his wierd laughing thing. (Meh, can't complain for a free round). Before long, Palmer got hit by a truck. Poor guy...

Tiny Bronco crashes. Went to Gongaga Weapons Seller. Went to Golden Saucer. Cloud entered the arena battle already dead. xD My friend and I were laughing like crazy.

Got the Aerith date! Yay! Character development and foreshadowing! Kitten Sith was a bad kitty, however. But we can forgive him, he's a kitty.

Went to Temple of the Ancients. Funky Escher painting maze. Rested and saved, and am still trying to get the Ribbon...

Kitten Sith is at level 23.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:32 AM   #13

Spec Highwind
The Portuguese Dragoon

Send a message via MSN to Spec Highwind Send a message via Yahoo to Spec Highwind

Quote:
"Who's Nanaki?"

"Nanaki is Nanaki!"
I'm familiar with those lines

"My hopes live on in those who remain"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
omg.
that quote is totally going in my sig.
Spec Highwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 04:58 PM   #14

Zeon
Master Thief

hey wait.............wat about kitten siths death??? when he gets the black materia? >< NOOOO poor kitty........should tht count? :P i mean it is using a second kitten sith after all :P :P :P
Old 08-27-2006, 07:06 PM   #15
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Kitten Sith doesn't actually leave the party, for that case.