Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > General FF Discussion
Community Mark Forums Read

General FF Discussion Talk about the game series in general.

Old 09-09-2005, 01:27 AM   #1
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

general ff help thread

ive started this thread so that everyone can use it, and we dont have to make a million help threads for each game, now we can just have one ill start with a question(i have alot of them...), but i want everyone to ask questions...or else this thread isnt so useful...i have confidence that the people here know alot ...but, anyhoo, with my first question, in ff7, where is the best place to catch chocobos? like, where is there a place where you encounter excellent chocobos often? (the first time i played , i only got one excellent. but now im playing the game again! ) this is part of the reason i never got into chocobo breeding, but i do remember where to get the zeio and carobo nuts..(those vlakorados and goblins...)
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 02:46 AM   #2

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart
Re: general ff help thread

Excellent chocobos? There's only Good, Great and Wonderful besides bad ones

Anyway, there's something about chocobo catching that most people don't seem to know. Chocobos encountered with the exact same kinds and numbers of enemies will always be the same. For example, a chocobo encountered on the northern continent alonside one lone Jumper (rabbit-type monster) or 2 Jumpers will always be a Wonderful chocobo, while a chocobo encountered on the northern continent alongside one wolf-type enemy or one wolf and one Jumper will always be a really bad chocobo. The problem is that you will encounter chocobos along with either 2 wolves or 1 wolf and 1 rabbit most of the time, so it will seem like it's really difficult to find Wonderful chocobos while all it takes is watching what enemies appear with the chocobo.

I really recommend the Chocobo Raising Guide for FFVII at GameFAQs, it has all the data about what types of chocobs comes with what types and number of enemies, among other things
Memories will fade
ShadowHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 01:37 AM   #3
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

thanks! by excellent , i meant wonderful...its been a while this time through, ill try to do the chocobos and weapons...does anyone else have help questions? i hope this is a good thread.
add on: ok, ive heard that theres a way to slow down the slots (tifa and kitty siths limit breaks, and the battle arena slots) by tapping a certain button. is this true?

Last edited by Zeromus_X; 09-11-2005 at 03:09 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:42 PM   #4
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

urgh...sorry to double post, but i wanted this post to show up in "new posts", so people would see it really really sorry!
but , anyhoo, can someone explain to me each characters ultimate weapons in ff7. i know what ultima weapon does(its the same in alot of ffs , your hp , right?)
heres what i think they do:
princess guard, missing score, venus gospel, and red 13's ...i have no clue
conformer: easier to mug or morph maybe it increases luck...
death penalty: how many monsters vincents killed?
hp shout: how much hp kitten sith has compared to his max?
like i said, i dont know what they do, so can any one tell me? thanks!
Old 09-14-2005, 02:17 AM   #5

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

* Ultima Weapon, HP Shout: Damage bonus based on how much HP you have compared to your max HP (x3 damage at full HP).

* Venus Gospel, Limited Moon: Same as above except for MP.

* Missing Score: Damage bonus based on the total amount of AP of all the materia equipped on the weapon, there's no cap on how high damage bonus you can get (well, theoretically you get the most by equipping 8 mastered KOR materias, which would be x25 damage :P). To get the same bonus as Cloud at full HP (x3), you need ~500,000 AP.

* Conformer: Damage based on the enemy's level, higher damage against higher level enemies.

* Premium Heart: Damage bonus based on the level of Tifa's limit break and how full her limit break meter is.

* Death Penalty: Damage bonus based on how many enemies Vincent has killed in total since he joined your party (so you don't need to kill with Death Penalty for it to count, some ppl wonder about that). To get normal damage, you need to kill 768 enemies with Vincent. To get the same damage bonus as Cloud at full HP (x3), you need to kill 4864 enemies with Vincent. Technically there's no cap on how high damage bonus you can get, since you can just keep killing enemies, but it will take a tremendous amount of time to even power the weapon up to x3 damage bonus (probably ~15 hours, facing 4 enemies per battle in average, if you start from 0).

* Princess Guard: Damage doubles when one party member is KOd, triples when 2 party members are KOd.
Memories will fade
Old 09-17-2005, 01:41 AM   #6
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

thanks for all your help! (although it looks like im the only question asker...) well, i was wondering how much damage "Aire Tam Storm" does. does it always do 9999? my friend thinks it does damage related to how much materia you have. ("aire tam" is "materia" spelled backwards ) anyone know?
Old 09-17-2005, 03:34 AM   #7

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Yes, it is directly related to how much materia you have equipped. If I recall correctly, it will do 1111 damage per matera your whole party has equipped, so if you have equipped say 6 materias in total on your current party, it will do 6666 damage to everyone. 9 or more materias will be 9999 damage. There are strategies involving using as little materia as possible to avoid high damage from Aire Tam storm, but I always fight Emerald/Ruby for the huge AP bonus, nothing else really, so I rather have as much materia equipped as possible to master
Memories will fade
Old 09-17-2005, 11:26 AM   #8

Max the Man
Master Thief

Send a message via MSN to Max the Man

Question from FFVIII! How do you beat Seifer at Galbadia Garden? My party is Squall lvl 30, zell lvl 25 and Rinoa lvl 24. I have 100 waters junctioned to each of their attacks. any help?

Click on JunJun's face for a rad song~
Max the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 12:55 PM   #9
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

oh, is he the one that uses "demon slice"? thats and annoying attack... well, what i always did, was my setup for most of the games: cerberus, haste,shell, protect, and regen everyone. (do you have aura at that point in the game?) but, for some reason, i never found the bosses in that game to be difficult (well, except bahamut, and the weapons...) thats what i usually did. does diablos work on him? i usually had his compatibiliby at 1000 on the person who used him, between trying to get the tonberry king

yay! thank you for using my thread! i hoped i helped...shadowheart will probably have a better strategy though
Old 09-17-2005, 02:22 PM   #10

Dayne
Vivi's Minder

Send a message via AIM to Dayne

I remember that battle.