Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy Game Information
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy Game Information This forum is for information on the FF games. Walkthroughs, screenshots, cheats and tips, game summaries ect.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:57 PM   #1

Yggdrasill
Cruxis Angel

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrasill
FFVII (PS1) Cheats and Tips

Here is a list of all the cheats and tips I know for FFVII, (I did not copy and paste any of the information I post here)

Counter=Mime Trick:
This is probably the most damage dealing and most abusable trick in any Final Fantasy and here's how to do it, you'll need:

-Ultima Weapon
-Minerva Band or Imperial Guard
-7 Counter Materia
-7 Mime Materia (To get more; master a current Mime materia in your possession)
-Omnislash or KoTR (to make it effective)
First, connect all of the Counter and Mime materia's in the linked slots so they look like this 'Counter=Mime', once you've done that you're ready to do the trick.
Get into a battle and use Onmislash or KoTR as soon as the battle begins, after, just wait, as soon as the enemy attacks; you will counter by using Mime, meaning, you will use Omnislash/KoTR 7 times in a row, this is the most effective way to kill Emerald or Ruby.
NOTE: Do NOT use anything after the 7 Omnislashes, just wait for the enemy to attack so you can do it again.

Getting the "Master" Materia's:
A "master" materia is a materia you get which allows to use any command in that class, there are 3 Master Materia: Master Command, Magic and Summon and there are two ways to get them:
-Beat Emerald to get an item called "Earth Harp", take it to a guy in Kalm for him to reward you with one of the Master Materia's.
-Master every materia in that class and go to Cosmo Canyon, when there go to the place where Buganhagen showed you his "galaxy model" and where you also placed the 3 Huge materia, go up to the colour of the Materia which you've mastered and select "inspect the huge materia", it will reward you with the Master Materia for that class.

Quadra magic without a river chocobo:
There is a way to get the Quadra magic materia without the need of having to get a river Chocobo, here's how to do it:
Go to the south-western part of the world-map and you'll notice one of the secret caves, fly towards Mideel until you see a upraised piece of land; fly the highwind right on the corner of the up-raised piece of land (you should still be on the grass part) and land your ship but hold R1 as you're landing, the game will land with your ship but with it stuck in the land and with you able to walk right into the cave which you shouldn't have been able to enter without a River-Chocobo.

W-Item glitch:
Using this materia you can duplicate any item which you can use in battle, (including elixers!) here's how to do it:
First, equip the W-Item materia on any character and enter a battle, use the W-item materia and select and use the 1st item but for the 2nd item just pick the item and place the cursor on someone, press cancel, select the item again and press cancel again, keep doing this to have the item you keep trying to use duplicate by one.

Tons of AP trick:
When your party decides to split-up in the north-crater (right and left path) make sure Cloud goes along the left path, after you've gone left there is an area with an enemy called "Magic Pots" and to hurt them you need to feed them Elixers, (use the W-item trick to get a lot) feed them elixers until they die, Magic pots give 1000AP each. They are the best AP-giving enemy in the entire game!

Best places to Level-up: (Written by Doctor Faust )
The absolute two best places to level up, are the Northern Crater and the sunken plane (The Gelnika). The northern crater is the main choice, especially for AP (and getting the monster skill "Pandora's Box", but training at the Gelnika from levels 50 to at least 75 is best, you can be more confident about training in the final area. The way one trains is up to them, but the place they train at is what matters most. But even if you get stuck in a battle with extremely weak enemies, fight them anyway--any experience at all is just another step closer to reaching Lv. 99. Locating and having everyone's ultimate weapons helps out with training as well.
Note: The enemies in the 2nd room of the Gelnika (where it's zoomed in on Cloud at the beginning of the room) are the best enemies to battle against, you can get nearly 4,000 EXP a fight and they are the easiest enemies on the Gelnika.

How to Obtain Maximum Stats: (Written by Zeromus_X )

This trick involves Yuffie and the Conformer weapon (which can be found in the Gelnika). Have Yuffie use Morph with the Conformer equipped, best paired with Slash-All or Mega-All. The special damage formula of the Conformer will allow Yuffie to deal spectacular damage even with Morph, and with the above Materia combo, you can Morph several enemies at a time. Use this and Morph the enemies in the Gelnika to get every kind of Source item (the items that can increase your stats). With enough patience, it's possible to max out your characters stats!

For reference, the following monsters in the Gelnika will Morph into the following Sources:

-Unknown: Power Source

-Unknown 2: Guard Source

-Unknown 3: Magic Source

-Poodler: Speed Source

-Bad Rap: Luck Source

Where to obtain the Enemy-skills: (In alphabetical order)
-Angel Wisper: Gotten from an enemy called "Pollensalta" in the Northern crater.
-Aqualung: Gotten from either Harpy in the Gold-saucer desert, Serpent in the Gelnika or Jenova*LIFE in the City of the ancients.
-Bad Breath: Obtained from Malboro on either Gaea's Cliffs or in the Northern Crater.
-Beta: Gotten from Midgar Zolom.
-Big Guard: Gotten from "beach plug" near Costa del sol. (using manipulate)
-Chocobuckle: Use L4 suicide on a Chocobo.
-Death Force: (I'll have to find this out, it'll be put here soon)
-Death Sentence: Gotten from "Bound fat" in the Bone city.
-Dragon Force: Gotten from the "Dragon" enemies on Gaea's cliff or in the Northern crater.
-Flame-thrower: Gotten from the "Dragon" enemies in Nibelheim mountains or in the mythril mine.
-Frog Song: Gotten from "Toxic frog" in the City of the ancients.
-Goblin Punch: Gotten from the "Goblin" (on Goblin island).
-Laser: Gotten from the "Dragon" enemy in the Northern crater (using manipulate)
-L4 Suicide: Gotten from "Mu" (near the Chocobo farm).
-L5 Death: Gotten from "Parasite" in the Northern Crater.
-Magic Breath: Gotten from "Stilva" on Gaea's Cliff or "Parasite" in the Northern Crater.
-Magic Hammer: Gotten from "Razorweed" on the Western continent.
-Matra magic: Gotten from "Custom Sweeper" (near Midgar).
-Pandora's box: Gotten from "Dragon Zombie" in the Northern Crater.
-Shadow Flare: Gotten from Ultima-weapon upon kill.
-Trine: Gotten from "Materia Keeper" (Boss of Nibelheim Mountains) or Godo (Wutai)
-White-Wind: Gotten from "Wind-wing" (Whirl-wind maze) or Zemzelett in the Condor Mountains.
-??????- Gotten from either Behemoth or Jersey. (Sector 8 and Shinra mansion)

I'll update the thread once I can think of some more useful tricks.

Homer: I've learned that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Last edited by Yggdrasill; 02-04-2007 at 06:36 PM.
Yggdrasill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:53 PM   #2

Tiny Bronco
No Scoped

Re: FFVII Cheats and Tips

For any FF7 information that you could ever need, want, or use just visit CavesofNarshe.com ;hai ;hai ;hai ;woo please just look at this site.

It has literally everything and I think Zeromus will back me up on that. (I think hes a member there?)

Also, good backup sources are Gamefaqs.com
and

FFcompedium.com

You can find every little fact on Materias, items, weapons, armors, accesories, enimies, locations, and easy ways to beat bosses. + all the secrets and hellpfull things like the code to get huge materia in rocket town or using an x-potion on the Gi ghost kills it.

Last edited by Arkacia; 02-03-2007 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Making links normal size
Tiny Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:26 PM   #3

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

Tiny Bronco, we don't want lists of links to other sites. The aim of all this is to have the information available here and give this forum some relevence as a reference site.

I'll add the 'no links' bit to the purpose and rules thread.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:25 AM   #4

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor

Battle tip:

The absolute two best places to level up, are the Northern Crater and the sunken plane. The northen crater is the main choice, especially for AP (and getting the monster skill "Pandora's Box", but training at the sunken plane from levels 50 to at least 75, you can be more confident about training in the final area. The way one trains is up to them, but the place they train at is what matters most. But even if you get stuck in a battle with extremely weak enemies, fight them anyway--any experience at all is just another step closer to reaching Lv. 99. Locating and having everyone's ultimate weapons helps out with training as well. (Except for Tifa's--Premium Heart is actually pretty weak compared with everyone else's, for some reason.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
W-Item glitch:
Using this materia you can duplicate any item which you can use in battle, (including elixers!) here's how to do it:
First, equip the W-Item materia on any character and enter a battle, use the W-item materia and select and use the 1st item but for the 2nd item just pick the item and place the cursor on someone, press cancel, select the item again and press cancel again, keep doing this to have the item you keep trying to use duplicate by one.

Tons of AP trick:
When your party decides to split-up in the north-crater (right and left path) make sure Cloud goes along the left path, after you've gone left there is an area with an enemy called "Magic Pots" and to hurt them you need to feed them Elixers, (use the W-item trick to get a lot) feed them elixers until they die, Magic pots give 1000AP each. They are the best AP-giving enemy in the entire game!
I was also going to mention these tricks, but I guess my battle wisdom is going to have to do, for now. XD
Old 02-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #5

Yggdrasill
Cruxis Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Faust
I was also going to mention these tricks, but I guess my battle wisdom is going to have to do, for now. XD
Yeah, lol.
Plus, your right in saying the Gelnika (sunken ship) is the best place to level up.
You can get nearly 4,000 exp a battle in there, in the 2nd room (where it's really zoomed in on Cloud at the start of the room) is the best place to level, the enemies in there are the easiest and offer the most EXP.

Homer: I've learned that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Last edited by Yggdrasill; 02-09-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:11 PM   #6
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

How to Obtain Maximum Stats:

This trick involves Yuffie and the Conformer weapon (which can be found in the Gelnika). Have Yuffie use Morph with the Conformer equipped, best paired with Slash-All or Mega-All. The special damage formula of the Conformer will allow Yuffie to deal spectacular damage even with Morph, and with the above Materia combo, you can Morph several enemies at a time. Use this and Morph the enemies in the Gelnika to get every kind of Source item (the items that can increase your stats). With enough patience, it's possible to max out your characters stats!

For reference, the following monsters in the Gelnika will Morph into the following Sources:

-Serpent: Mind Source
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:44 AM   #7

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

Why one would be so inclined to max out their character's stats, though, is beyond me since the weapons are simple enough w/a level 60-70ish party (if you've got the materia and items/equipment for the challenge that is!

Although this coming from the guy who just HAD to have 99k Hp for everyone in X... XD
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:01 PM   #8

Catalyst
Chocobo Jockey

Send a message via AIM to Catalyst Send a message via MSN to Catalyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasoniamalive
Why one would be so inclined to max out their character's stats, though, is beyond me since the weapons are simple enough w/a level 60-70ish party (if you've got the materia and items/equipment for the challenge that is!

Although this coming from the guy who just HAD to have 99k Hp for everyone in X... XD
Dude that's downright sick. Anyone who masters the sphere grid...with every...character. ;a06
Old 02-09-2007, 12:04 PM   #9

Yggdrasill
Cruxis Angel

Mod Edit:

*SPOILERS*

I only felt the need to get my characters in FFX to around 6000HP, anything in the game can be beaten with that amount of HP. (except maybe; Penance) The final boss didn't need any work either, Jecht was easy and when battling Yu-Yevon it was impossible to die.

Last edited by reasoniamalive; 02-10-2007 at 12:51 AM.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:50 PM   #10

Catalyst
Chocobo Jockey

Send a message via AIM to Catalyst Send a message via MSN to Catalyst

If you wanna ever play an RPG that you can master within a day and beat it etc, play Ys Book I and II. Book II usually takes up an afternoon, and Book I takes up a few hours - especially the mine boss near the beginning after the shrine. It's a pain in the ass - having to hit it on the head.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:52 AM   #11

Phoenix Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst
If you wanna ever play an RPG that you can master within a day and beat it etc, play Ys Book I and II. Book II usually takes up an afternoon, and Book I takes up a few hours - especially the mine boss near the beginning after the shrine. It's a pain in the ass - having to hit it on the head.

Obviously you really like these games! I think this is the third (maybe fourth) thread I've seen you post about em.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:59 AM   #12
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Well, usually only completionists would want to max out their stats in FFVII (the same can certainly be said for FFX O_O; ), though it would help alot for say, solo-ing or something.
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:26 AM   #13

Phoenix Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
Well, usually only *fanatics would want to max out their stats in FFVII (the same can certainly be said for FFX O_O; ), though it would help alot for say, solo-ing or something.

*fix'd
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:46 AM   #14

ultimecia
Moogle Farmer

Send a message via MSN to ultimecia
Re: FFVII (PS1) Cheats and Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
Here is a list of all the cheats and tips I know for FFVII, (I did not copy and paste any of the information I post here)

Counter=Mime Trick:
This is probably the most damage dealing and most abusable trick in any Final Fantasy and here's how to do it, you'll need:

-Ultima Weapon
-Minerva Band or Imperial Guard
-7 Counter Materia
-7 Mime Materia (To get more; master a current Mime materia in your possession)
-Omnislash or KoTR (to make it effective)
First, connect all of the Counter and Mime materia's in the linked slots so they look like this 'Counter=Mime', once you've done that you're ready to do the trick.
Get into a battle and use Onmislash or KoTR as soon as the battle begins, after, just wait, as soon as the enemy attacks; you will counter by using Mime, meaning, you will use Omnislash/KoTR 7 times in a row, this is the most effective way to kill Emerald or Ruby.
NOTE: Do NOT use anything after the 7 Omnislashes, just wait for the enemy to attack so you can do it again.

Getting the "Master" Materia's:
A "master" materia is a materia you get which allows to use any command in that class, there are 3 Master Materia: Master Command, Magic and Summon and there are two ways to get them:
-Beat Emerald to get an item called "Earth Harp", take it to a guy in Kalm for him to reward you with one of the Master Materia's.
-Master every materia in that class and go to Cosmo Canyon, when there go to the place where Buganhagen showed you his "galaxy model" and where you also placed the 3 Huge materia, go up to the colour of the Materia which you've mastered and select "inspect the huge materia", it will reward you with the Master Materia for that class.

Quadra magic without a river chocobo:
There is a way to get the Quadra magic materia without the need of having to get a river Chocobo, here's how to do it:
Go to the south-western part of the world-map and you'll notice one of the secret caves, fly towards Mideel until you see a upraised piece of land; fly the highwind right on the corner of the up-raised piece of land (you should still be on the grass part) and land your ship but hold R1 as you're landing, the game will land with your ship but with it stuck in the land and with you able to walk right into the cave which you shouldn't have been able to enter without a River-Chocobo.

W-Item glitch:

Tons of AP trick:

Best places to Level-up: (Written by Doctor Faust )
The absolute two best places to level up, are the Northern Crater and the sunken plane (The Gelnika). The northern crater is the main choice, especially for AP (and getting the monster skill "Pandora's Box", but training at the Gelnika from levels 50 to at least 75 is best, you can be more confident about training in the final area. The way one trains is up to them, but the place they train at is what matters most. But even if you get stuck in a battle with extremely weak enemies, fight them anyway--any experience at all is just another step closer to reaching Lv. 99. Locating and having everyone's ultimate weapons helps out with training as well.
Note: The enemies in the 2nd room of the Gelnika (where it's zoomed in on Cloud at the beginning of the room) are the best enemies to battle against, you can get nearly 4,000 EXP a fight and they are the easiest enemies on the Gelnika.

How to Obtain Maximum Stats: (Written by Zeromus_X )

Where to obtain the Enemy-skills: (In alphabetical order)
-Angel Wisper: Gotten from an enemy called "Pollensalta" in the Northern crater.
-Aqualung: Gotten from either Harpy in the Gold-saucer desert, Serpent in the Gelnika or Jenova*LIFE in the City of the ancients.
-Bad Breath: Obtained from Malboro on either Gaea's Cliffs or in the Northern Crater.
-Beta: Gotten from Midgar Zolom.
-Big Guard: Gotten from "beach plug" near Costa del sol. (using manipulate)
-Chocobuckle: Use L4 suicide on a Chocobo.
-Death Force: (I'll have to find this out, it'll be put here soon)
-Death Sentence: Gotten from "Bound fat" in the Bone city.
-Dragon Force: Gotten from the "Dragon" enemies on Gaea's cliff or in the Northern crater.
-Flame-thrower: Gotten from the "Dragon" enemies in Nibelheim mountains or in the mythril mine.
-Frog Song: Gotten from "Toxic frog" in the City of the ancients.
-Goblin Punch: Gotten from the "Goblin" (on Goblin island).
-Laser: Gotten from the "Dragon" enemy in the Northern crater (using manipulate)
-L4 Suicide: Gotten from "Mu" (near the Chocobo farm).
-L5 Death: Gotten from "Parasite" in the Northern Crater.
-Magic Breath: Gotten from "Stilva" on Gaea's Cliff or "Parasite" in the Northern Crater.
-Magic Hammer: Gotten from "Razorweed" on the Western continent.
-Matra magic: Gotten from "Custom Sweeper" (near Midgar).
-Pandora's box: Gotten from "Dragon Zombie" in the Northern Crater.
-Shadow Flare: Gotten from Ultima-weapon upon kill.
-Trine: Gotten from "Materia Keeper" (Boss of Nibelheim Mountains) or Godo (Wutai)
-White-Wind: Gotten from "Wind-wing" (Whirl-wind maze) or Zemzelett in the Condor Mountains.
-??????- Gotten from either Behemoth or Jersey. (Sector 8 and Shinra mansion)

I'll update the thread once I can think of some more useful tricks.
whoa how long did it take you to write this!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 11:24 PM   #15

Katastrofik
Vivi's Minder

Send a message via AIM to Katastrofik Send a message via MSN to Katastrofik Send a message via Yahoo to Katastrofik

You Should Put Up The Gameshark Code To Play As Sephiroth