Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy X
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy X The FF that made the new generation graphics really take you back and go.... Wait, really?

Old 08-24-2006, 07:42 PM   #1

Zeon
Master Thief

Location: where the tonberry lies, i'll be there, where the sea meets the sands, i'll be there...hell :)
Send a message via MSN to Zeon
Thumbs up who struggled to beat or has tried to beat.......

has anyone ever tried beating nemisis or penace without the use of zanmato?? its bloody hard and ive come close against penace but never done it. including the use of 255 stats for everything except luck and also ribbon, break hp/damage limits and also the overdrives maxed out at the beginning of the battle. my party consists usually off yuna, tidus and wakka due to their limits doing the most damage (eg: wakka atk reels 12X 99,999 damage, yuna grand summon anima doing about 500,000 - 1,000,000damage and tidus 8 maybe 9 X 99,999 damage (which actually can sometimes do less for some reason but oh well.....)) not matter what i do i cant ever win. penace has 12million hp which at best ive removed 8mill of it before losing (which im proud of) but i just cant do it no matter what i try. nemisis was not tht hard but did take ages to do. at least 4 hours of attempts over and over (im sad like tht) has anyone else done these??? and if they have explain to me how u did it
Zeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:53 PM   #2

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra
Re: who struggled to beat or has tried to beat.......

God, it's so freaking hard dude. XD

Some people like to take the "Mix" Rikku way. And others like the "Attack Reel+Entrust" way. A select few ways of doing it WITHOUT Zanmato.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:14 AM   #3

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: who struggled to beat or has tried to beat.......

Dark Kefka had a few videos on defeating Penance. He went the entrust + attack reels way. Killed the arms first and just kept whackapooing him for 12 x 99K damage till he went down in about ten minutes. There's a link somewhere in the forums for it...so try taking a look at that and see if it helps.

By the way - some of the faqs I've read say that you NEED a high luck stat to have success w/him, so you may want to raise it a bit by fighting Earth eater and Greater sphere several times respectively. Can't hurt to get a few more criticals. Probably lay off of using Tidus' overdrive and just entrust it to wakka. Quick hit to kill the arms and attack reel the body till he bits it!

Hope that helps!
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote