Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Other Video Games
Community Mark Forums Read

Other Video Games Here you can find info on games that are not FF related. Post the games you want to talk about in here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2010, 08:36 PM   #1

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to TherathxRikku
Birth by Sleep: Kingdom Hearts (Contains Spoilers)

http://denhurd.files.wordpress.com/2...newfrench5.jpg
http://darkfayte.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/kh2.jpg
http://khdestiny.fr/screenshots/fin_secrete_0002.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsNEwm0Vp8w

The following post contains my opinions based on footage and reviews I've read, it is not to be taken literally, these are only assumptions.

GAME INFO

Birth by Sleep is one of the trilogy of KH games that has come out recently, including 358/2 Days, and Encoded. The release date for EU, NA, AU have not been confirmed yet, but NA is sure to receive it by the end of 2010. It released in Japan on Jan. 7th, 2010 and has already sold close to 20,000 copies.

STORY

The story takes place more than ten years prior to the first Kingdom Hearts title, it features three characters, Terra, Aqua and Ven (Ventus). It takes place sometime after a certain Keyblade War, where millions of Keyblade Masters took up arms against each other, info on the war has not been released.

Taking place in the past, the story also shifts back in time for the Disney worlds, Olympus Coliseum features older characters from the FF universe, such as Zack Fair from FFVII, and Hercules is also in his teen years.

BATTLE SYSTEM

The battle system is similar to that of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, instead of a battle menu taking place in an open dimension battlefield, it has "sets" of skills you can assign to your character, MP and magic abilities have been wiped from battle completely, instead you have a "Command" bar that slowly fills as you execute attacks. When the bar is full, you can unleash Focus mode, which allows you to perform powerful attacks and skills.

CHARACTERS

Disney characters have not all been confirmed, but the main characters are as follows...

Terra, one of the three knights seen in the secret ending to Kingdom Hearts II, and also the main protagonist. His past is unknown, and his Keyblade appears archaic.

Aqua, one of the three knights and secondary protagonist. Her character has not been explained in full detail yet.

Ventus, one of the three knights and protagonist. Bears a striking resemblance to Roxas of KHII, his connection to Sora and Roxas have not been released.

Xehanort, not the antagonist of Kingdom Hearts I, but an ancestor, or a relative with the same name and appearance.

Dark Soldier, apprentice and cohort of Xehanort, his identity is unknown.

This is all I know of the game, if I find more updates, I'll post back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clief101_ View Post
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!

Last edited by TherathxRikku; 02-11-2010 at 06:57 PM.
TherathxRikku is offline   Reply With Quote