Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > The Crypt
Community Mark Forums Read

The Crypt Resting place for locked threads. RIP

Old 02-15-2005, 11:28 PM   #31

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo-bo
Okay I would have never agreed with you until you mentioned the fact that Sephiroth blames everything on his mother. Now that you have brought that to my attention I realize it's my mother's fault that I'm currently unemployed and also her fault that I play too many video games. I may just quote you to my mother the next time she says that I'm playing too many games. Your argument was so good that now i believe that Kefka and Sephiroth are tied for the best villain ever in a video game. (I will also include Bowser because he was so difficult when i was six )
I'm not being literal when I say he "blames" his mother - but he claims that it's his right to take over the world because of everything that happened to his mother when she was alive. He thinks it's a way to balance out the world. He even claims several times that he's taking over the world for his mother. Kefka, on the other hand, takes over the world because he wants to. There's no "my family was treated badly so now I'm gonna balance out the universe by taking over your planet" thing, it's more of a "I'm a bad guy, my job is to take over the world" type of thing. Too many bad guys have had terrible pasts and that's why they want to kill things or take over the world. I like the bad guys who take over the world because they like power, not because they want vengeance. Vengeance is only cool if a good guy does it, in my opinion.

*MOD EDIT*

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member

Last edited by Arkacia; 08-23-2005 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Deleting flame comments
Old 07-31-2005, 08:53 PM   #32
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Re: which is your favorite final fantasy

ok, ok, ive got it. ive done alot of thinking, but in the end i have to say that ff 4 is my favorite. probably because it was the first one i played and beat, and i love the story , music, etc. my second favorite is ff6, then third would be ff7.

and i also think Kefka is pretty cool. i would save my game so i could hear him do that awesome laugh...no onomatapeia for it though... sorry, little off topic. but, yeah, ff4 is definitely my favorite. i just only wish the enemies in the programmer's room gave exp/gil... anyhoo...
Old 08-07-2005, 01:53 AM   #33

Lionheart250
Cactuar Thorn

Location: In the Northen Crater helping Sephiroths real body!
Send a message via AIM to Lionheart250

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavens cloud
The tital says it all, which is your favorite ff? and you might want to say why!
mine is ffvii, I think it is the best because it has the best characters fun character graphics, good reply value, good music, good graphics, good story and it was the first ff I played
Dude, everyone knows that in between all FF, FF7 is the best!!!!!
Old 08-07-2005, 01:56 AM   #34

Lionheart250
Cactuar Thorn

Guys, I'd make this question a bunch of lies if I was the comp;
Old 08-07-2005, 02:02 AM   #35

Lionheart250
Cactuar Thorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo-bo
Okay I would have never agreed with you until you mentioned the fact that Sephiroth blames everything on his mother. Now that you have brought that to my attention I realize it's my mother's fault that I'm currently unemployed and also her fault that I play too many video games. I may just quote you to my mother the next time she says that I'm playing too many games. Your argument was so good that now i believe that Kefka and Sephiroth are tied for the best villain ever in a video game. (I will also include Bowser because he was so difficult when i was six )
Quote:
Originally Posted by byFFnut
I'm not being literal when I say he "blames" his mother - but he claims that it's his right to take over the world because of everything that happened to his mother when she was alive. He thinks it's a way to balance out the world. He even claims several times that he's taking over the world for his mother. Kefka, on the other hand, takes over the world because he wants to. There's no "my family was treated badly so now I'm gonna balance out the universe by taking over your planet" thing, it's more of a "I'm a bad guy, my job is to take over the world" type of thing. Too many bad guys have had terrible pasts and that's why they want to kill things or take over the world. I like the bad guys who take over the world because they like power, not because they want vengeance. Vengeance is only cool if a good guy does it, in my opinion.

Hey, Sephiroth takes all the role of the world, in fact, he shouldn't even die by have 0 Hp!

What is this a discribe forum. ....jeezz....
hump... Final Fantasy Chocobos could at least published this FF crap story!!!!...

Last edited by Arkacia; 08-23-2005 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Fixing quotes and merging posts
Old 08-07-2005, 06:59 AM   #36

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart

And what happened to letting people having their own opinions?

Anyway, you just made 5 posts in a row.. you should rather have edited the first post and put everything in the same post. Not that I personally care, but I know some ppl consider that spamming (and spamming = evil in their mind).
Memories will fade
Old 08-07-2005, 08:14 AM   #37

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

It is spamming and I'm one of those that thinks its evil .

I've noticed some posts in here where people take the FF games way too seriously. They are just games after all and even though we all enjoy playing them (or we wouldn't be here)there is really no need to snipe, snarl, insult and flame each other over them. We are all going to have our individual loves, hates, likes and dislikes. For example, I don't like FF8 much, others here love it and think its the best of the series.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:40 AM   #38
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

ok, now i think ff6 is the best. 4 second . 7 third. i think i got it.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:45 AM   #39

mooglesarethebestest
T-Rexuar Snack

Send a message via Yahoo to mooglesarethebestest

FF6 for sure. The characters and story line are top notch. All of the moogles helps too, of course. Even though it's not the only one that's done this, I really love how there is no set lead charcter. Everything about it...oh love!
Old 08-17-2005, 05:38 AM   #40

Coelie
Moogle Farmer

Location: I live in Memoria.....place where all memories are.

Well, 1st ff I played was ff10 but, since I don't have a ps2 I can't play it anymore so I'll go with the 2nd ff and that is FF9!

You don't need a reason to help people.

The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty.

Guns don't kill people..........people kill people
Old 08-19-2005, 07:50 AM   #41

Xartex
Gunblade Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Xartex Send a message via MSN to Xartex

It seems this discusion is no longer about wich game you liked the most anymore nut I'm going to say it anyway... FFVII
Old 08-19-2005, 04:32 PM   #42
Luis
ˇˇ Fresón rebelde ˇˇ

The best? Uhh..I couldn't choose one between those I've played...I've only played FF7, 8 and 9, (I also played to FF6, but I stopped playing it, as the graphics are awful. I hope I do not hurt anyone's feelings..)
I liked FFVII a lot, graphics were not those ones of the earlier ones, and story was amazing.
FFVIII had also a very good story, and characters became more 'human', than the polygons before. FFIX was also good.Maybe, I would discard FFIX and I'd stay with 7 and 8! xp
Old 08-19-2005, 07:06 PM   #43
SquallLionheart
T-Rexuar Snack

ff8!!
Old 08-19-2005, 09:24 PM   #44
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

i definitely cant decide. im playing ff5 again, and i want to play ff8, because i just thought of the trippy story. ...i love them all so much!!!!
Old 08-23-2005, 04:27 AM   #45

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

I have decided to close this thread. There is another one on the same subject and while this is the older thread, and normally would take priority, the duplicate has a poll while this one doesn't.

**Closed**