Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy VII
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy VII The Legendary Final Fantasy! Come talk about this classic Hit from 1997

Old 05-13-2007, 06:00 AM   #166

ultimecia
Moogle Farmer

Send a message via MSN to ultimecia
Re: Help beating the ruby and emerald weapons

not much to do with what you asked for but im going to give a definition of all the weapons in FFVII:

Final Fantasy VII
In the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, there are seven Weapon (also spelled WEAPON): Jade Weapon, Sapphire Weapon, Ultimate Weapon, Diamond Weapon, Emerald Weapon, Ruby Weapon, and Omega Weapon. Unlike many games in the series, the Weapon play a major role in the Final Fantasy VII storyline. According to the game, these entities were created by the Planet as self-defense mechanisms to deal with the threat of Jenova, with the exception of Omega, whose purpose is evacuation. However, once Jenova was contained by the Cetra, the Weapon were no longer needed and entered hibernation beneath the ice at the Northern Crater. Jade Weapon is the first to be activated, as a result of the events of Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis. Five years later, when Meteor is summoned by Sephiroth, the other fighting Weapon are activated to fulfill the reason of their existence: protecting the Planet by targeting every potential threat to it and "reducing everything to nothingness".[1] Unfortunately, other than Sephiroth, who created the barrier on the Northern Cave to keep the Weapon from him, the ancient monsters saw humans as an equal danger and began attacking humanity as a result. The final Weapon, Omega, is awakened three years after the destruction of Meteor and its fellow Weapon to serve its purpose as an "ark" for the Planet's Lifestream.

Only three Weapon creatures featured in the original Japanese release of Final Fantasy VII; these were the Sapphire, Diamond, and Ultimate Weapon, although others such as the Emerald and Ruby Weapon are briefly visible in the cinematic in which the Weapon are released. The Western release (and the later International release) added the Ruby and Emerald Weapon as optional battles, as well as a mandatory battle against the Diamond Weapon.

Jade Weapon
Jade Weapon appears in the Weapon Mode of Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII. Jade Weapon is the first Weapon to be awakened since the first Jenova incident. It appears in response to the summoning of Zirconiade to destroy the planet. In Weapon Mode, the Turks are charged with not only stopping Zirconiade and Fuhito but Jade Weapon as well. Jade Weapon looks like a hybrid of a blue-green manta ray and a beetle with a sharp and metallic form. It has long pink and grey horns and six arm-like apendages, three on the underside of each fin. Much like Ultimate and Omega Weapon, Jade Weapon is flight-capable. It is unclear whether Jade Weapon is intended to be a part of the larger canon, as it appears only in a special mode independent of the game's storyline.

Sapphire Weapon

Sapphire Weapon in FFVII.Little is known about Sapphire Weapon beyond its destruction at the hands of Shinra at Junon. Much like the Emerald Weapon, Sapphire Weapon is aquatic. Before being destroyed, the Weapon launches an attack on Junon that allows Tifa to escape from an attempted execution. The Weapon is destroyed when its head is blown off after a direct hit at point-blank range from the Junon Cannon, a massive artillery cannon mounted over the town that fires mako-enhanced shells. The name Sapphire is not actually mentioned in the game, but it was confirmed by its database entry in the fourth disk of Final Fantasy VII International and then in an official collectible figurine release.

Ultimate Weapon

Ultimate Weapon in FFVII.Ultimate Weapon (Ultima Weapon in Japanese versions) is an aerial stricking with a body configuration reminiscent of a centaur and a head reminiscent of a dragon. The party's first encounter with Ultimate Weapon is in Mideel, when it attacks shortly after Cloud is discovered there. Following the demise of Diamond Weapon, Ultimate Weapon hovers over a lake near Junon and can be fought by ramming into it with the Highwind. After this, the Weapon flies around the world and must be continually battled—again, by ramming it first—to slowly deplete its HP. Eventually, Ultimate Weapon hovers over Cosmo Canyon after flying over Junon and Fort Condor, where it can finally be defeated. Cloud receives his eponymous Ultima Weapon from the battle and the shallow crater formed by Ultimate Weapon's plunge allows the player to gain entrance to the Ancient Forest without the aid of a chocobo.

In the capability of being constantly battled by the player, this Weapon shares a trait with the boss Death Gaze from Final Fantasy 6.

When Ultimate Weapon is defeated, the player is able to fight Ruby Weapon, which has partially emerged from the desert floor in Gold Saucer.

Diamond Weapon

Diamond Weapon in FFVII.Diamond Weapon (Diamo Weapon in Japanese versions) is a land-based Weapon that emerges from the ocean and begins to travel towards the city of Midgar. The party intercepts the Weapon and engages it in combat. Despite being "defeated", the Weapon simply walks away, apparently unfazed, "sensing murder". A short time later, Shinra fires the Sister Ray, the mako-powered energy beam cannon recently relocated to Midgar from Junon, at the energy barrier Sephiroth erected around the Northern Crater - while the Diamond Weapon stands directly between. Sensing the incoming blast, the Diamond Weapon fires a barrage of energy bolts at the beam's origin, though obviously too late. The Weapon's energy bolts strike the Shinra building, incinerating the upper levels and injuring Rufus Shinra. Meanwhile, the Sister Ray's beam destroys the Weapon and neutralizes Sephiroth's barrier.

Ruby Weapon

Ruby Weapon in FFVII.Ruby Weapon is a fire-based Weapon added to the North American and International versions of Final Fantasy VII. It can be found in the Corel desert near Gold Saucer after Ultimate Weapon's defeat. To initiate battle, the player must run into the Ruby Weapon's innocent looking head, slightly above the sand, with either the Highwind or a Golden Chocobo. Among its many abilities are the magic spells Ultima, Comet2 and a variety of status effects inflicted by its tentacles. It also possesses a technique, Whirlsand, that will completely remove one character per casting from the entire battle until only one remains. It drops the Desert Rose, an item that can be traded to the treasure collector in Kalm for a Golden Chocobo. The Golden Chocobo given by the old man is an extremely ineffective Golden Chocobo (being very slow and have very little stamina).

Emerald Weapon

Emerald Weapon in FFVII.Emerald Weapon is an aquatic Weapon added to the North American and International versions of Final Fantasy VII. It meanders about the waters between the two main continents and can be fought after the player gains access to a Shinra submarine. A special materia called Underwater is necessary to remove a 20-minute timer that represents inability to breathe underwater. The Emerald Weapon has two "eyes" on each shoulder that act independently of the Weapon. One of its more noteworthy attacks is Aire Tam Storm (Aire Tam is Materia spelled backwards), which does 1,111 damage to each party member for every piece of Materia they have equipped. Upon its defeat, Emerald Weapon drops the Earth Harp, which can be traded in Kalm for three pieces of "Master" materia.

Omega Weapon
Omega Weapon is the final and most powerful Weapon to be activated and appears in Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII. It has a humanoid torso with four feather-blade wings and three segmented tentacles from the waist down. The wings glow and further extend and become longer than Omega itself when it is departing to the void of space. While the other Weapon creatures were made to protect the Planet, Omega was made to absorb the Lifestream and unite all life on the Planet into itself, before departing for another world to transplant the Lifestream.

Omega Weapon in Dirge of Cerberus-Final Fantasy VIIHowever, it can only be activated when the Planet detects its end is near. In Dirge of Cerberus, the Deepground SOLDIERs intended to activate Omega, using the research provided by Grimoire Valentine. However, Vincent Valentine held the key item to that plan, the ProtoMateria that grants control of Chaos, Omega's "squire to the lofty heavens". It is Chaos' duty to act as the harvester of life when the end comes, by destroying all of the planet's lifeforms, thus returning all spirit energy to the Lifestream so that it may be absorbed into Omega. Omega and Chaos have been described as brothers who are the anti-thesis of one another, a concept that is somewhat similar to Cloud and Sephiroth.

In the course of Dirge of Cerberus, the Tsviet Weiss became one with Omega as Vincent is to Chaos. However, due to Nero integrating with Weiss prior to it, Omega became corrupted. As Vincent travels inside Omega he is able to defeat Weiss, causing Omega to begin leaving the Planet with what little lifestream it managed to obtain. However, Vincent, using the power of Chaos, is able to neutralize Omega in a final all-or-nothing attack, returning both spiritual beings to the Planet until they are truly required.
[quote from wikipedia]
Old 06-03-2007, 09:32 PM   #167

dappa
Master Summoner

Hmmmmm, Emerald weapon:

I'd level up as high as possible if you are gonna try to defeat it. Final attack materia linked with phoenix or life three is useful. counter mime on everyone using kotr is very useful. Just hammer away at it with limits, spell etc and heal your party when needed.

Underwater materia is a must too.

Another way to avoid his super attack 'air tam storm' is to get your luck stat to 255 and your defense % stat to around 70%. You will find air tam storm will miss your party quite alot should you be unlucky enough for it to attempt that attack on you.

I could sit here for ages explaining the loads of different ways I have defeated it but am not as I cant be bothered
Old 06-04-2007, 06:31 PM   #168

Tifa-chan
Gunblade Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to Tifa-chan

I just barley beat Dimond weapon and it took me a few tries. Mind you I am only a level 60 at presents, so keep at it make sure you have lots of summons and phenoix downs along with other potions and you should be okay. Also make sure to put your party members in the back row to help minamize damage resived.

My newest sig, please view with much love.
Tifa-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:06 PM   #169

dappa
Master Summoner

dont you mean emerald weapon? I found diamond weapon easy to defeat.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:26 PM   #170
Winterkill
Cactuar Thorn

Send a message via AIM to Winterkill
Re: i need to kil the wepon under water

I've never been able to actually beat Emerald weapon, but I know you have to get the underwater materia from the ghost ship..which I THINK is at the underwater reactor..not sure....you have to morph it into a book, and bring it to someone * i cant remember who..i think the Kalm traveler*, and he gives you the underwater materia. You should use Mime and KOTR. I know emerald weapon zaps your magic points away like nothing. and I think its ruby weapon that counters KOTR with Ultima. good luck!!
Winterkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:51 PM   #171

dappa
Master Summoner

Re: i need to kil the wepon under water

When emerald weapon opens his arms and lets off its eight attacks against your party it will after the eight attacks have finished sometimes unleash its super attack 'air tam storm'

From what I have noticed if your keep attacking it with Knights of Round it is more likely to use this devastating attack as its ninth attack when his arms are opened regardless of wether you have destroyed all the canons on his arms
Old 07-01-2007, 07:20 PM   #172

zen la
Moogle Farmer

Re: Final Fantasy VII Weapons/Hardest Bosses, etc.

I used w-summon knights the round with cloud and then mimic all the time if you have hp absorb you are healled each move you take simple if you get it all sorted have max hp too with a few mstered hp+
zen la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:32 PM   #173

dappa
Master Summoner

Thats what I do for when I fight ruby weapon. I take it you are talking about emerald weapon Zen la?
Old 07-07-2007, 09:52 AM   #174

zen la
Moogle Farmer

well not just emerald ruby aswell this method works for both it is kick ass it works pretty much anything
zen la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:17 AM   #175

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

Aren't there far fewer options to pwning Ruby then there are Emerald?
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:26 PM   #176

Shinra Soldier 1
Chocobo Jockey

Send a message via ICQ to Shinra Soldier 1

Ruby weapon was one of the hardest, I never did defeat him, kinda ticked me off. It took me two years of off and on play, a walkthrough, and a gameshark to even beat the game. Good luck.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:11 PM   #177

dappa
Master Summoner

Its been mentioned before in this thread, that ruby weapon is vulnerable to the stop status, if he is stopped he cant do much to your party, the hades summon has a good probability of inflicting the stop status on him.

And try not to complete this game using gamesharks!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2007, 06:43 AM   #178

Phoenix Flame

'Complicate'?! Whaa?!

I dunno what you're talking about fine sir *whistles some more* XD;

Nothing wrong with 'sharkin every now and again...especially after you've done gone through the game 8 or so times and gotten everything it has to offer. x3

The only think I'd really use it for at this point is just to get all the materias off the bat....or the weapons/accessories and such.

Anyway, back to the conversation.

The only way I've ever beat him was via gameshark x3, or legitimately by being on/close to level 99, having two of my party members killed when the battle starts, then by using (I think! It's been a while) a combination of Hero Drinks to raise your attack, Double-cut materia, Hades - MAYBE, and/or KOTR summon. It still takes F.O.R.E.V.E.R. to kill him even if you're NOT using KOTR because of his high defense and HP.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:13 PM   #179

dappa
Master Summoner

lol, sharking is ok if you've cleared the game before, but not ok in my opinion to first time players. My gameshark has been gathering dust for years now as i rarely use it lol.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:34 AM   #180

Phoenix Flame

I just used mine for Dragon Quest VIII. XD; It's sweet starting with all the best equipment/items off the bat.

...not too challenging afterwards though. ._.;