Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:49 AM   #16

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor
Re: Im rly confused here.

I like the point that Reason made. You CANNOT and SHOULD NOT just forget about something like this, because this is a situation that you can grow, and learn from....I've been through some experiences myself that I thought I would never get anything out of, and I wanted to just wallow in my own misery. But we're all human...we all go through these things nearly the same way, even when you don't realize it.

But I'm just a teenager...I couldn't POSSIBLY know what it really takes to keep a relationship together, and a strong one like you and D.R. have.

You should follow everyone else's advice, and keep this in mind; if you're going to get over it, and if you guys are going to forgive each other, do it for your children, as well, if you really do love them and each other....(I don't know how many kids you have, so I'm guessing. XP )

And I'm sorry that I had to disagree with you, blackstar...but yeah, you can't just forget about things like this and pretend that they never happened. =P
Old 09-25-2007, 01:29 PM   #17

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

I never said it would be quick and forget may not be the correct term but you understand what i mean. And Reason i said im my exp. that doesnt mean it works for everyone.
blackstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:43 AM   #18

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Faust
But I'm just a teenager...I couldn't POSSIBLY know what it really takes to keep a relationship together, and a strong one like you and D.R. have.
im sorry but i duno if u were being sarcastic or not about this, but i have to say that even tho ur a teenager, that dusnt mean u dont know anything...im only a teenager and i bet i no more about this stuff then alot of ppl out there...not that im trying to make myself look big or anytin, but i just know it...its like its already in my head i duno...but yeh

anyway, i only partially no u and D.R, and from the sounds of it u both want to move on from this
Old 09-27-2007, 06:11 AM   #19

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

o_o'' I'll...just........go by what I said originally. XD

However, I don't know ANYONE who's ever forgotten a major wrong that was done to them. You might get over it and push it to the back of your mind, but the first thing that reminds you of that person and it comes back...and you may have to remind yourself that you've forgiven that person...if you HAVE forgiven them that is.

...difficult to believe how time heals wounds though...even major ones. But the scars of this life only make you stronger - if you let them.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:26 AM   #20

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

i agrre with reason...u cant just 4get about it coz its always goin to haunt u if u do...u have to deal wif it so solve the problem...

ive realised this convo is startin to change to jus a way of how to solve any1's problems...not jus D.R's and Marius's
Old 09-27-2007, 07:11 AM   #21

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

Hmmm...you're kinda right.

To be helpful, I'm going to say a blanket statement like "you two should try to talk about things to make it through" or 'do it for your kids' isn't what's going to help....BTW you guys, they're Merie's kids if I remember correctly.

What I've found is that most people want the breakthroughs but aren't willing to go through the breakdowns to get to em. That's like saying you want the rainbow but no rain. Bottom line is, you are going to have difficulties if you two stay together. You have to be committed to going over, around, or under any problem you two face together - if not, it's better you two go your seperate ways now, then drag it on and worsen things for both of you.

I knew it wasn't going to work out with my ex - but I dragged things out because I was blinded by my love and I thought that with enough effort and 'trying hard' to change myself that things would change for us, but they only got worse until what we were left with was one great big ball o s#!+ ...

Umm...that's it. Hope it helps.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:16 AM   #22

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

yeh...ya cant stay 2getha for reasons like because of the kids...its just rong....but i no u 2 will pull it all together, suk it up and try and get past it
Old 09-27-2007, 05:28 PM   #23

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

To clarify by what i meant by forget is sorta what reason said dont "forget" but dont let it be your main concern learn from it and dont let it happen again but dont dwell on it for the rest of yuour life
Old 09-28-2007, 01:18 PM   #24

Marius
Highwind Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via MSN to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius

thankx everyone you guys are awesome....needles to say D.R would be here......if only he didn't pummel my ex and scrape up his hands...he looks like a cross from satan or the mummy right about now..but he's doin better now....man i rly wanted to avoid all this drama..but we've been talking and spendin more time together. its like we didn't kno things we kno now ya kno?? its like a different kind of us...its changed in a better way now. perhaps all this drama rly brought us closer..i kno we can never forget what happened but i kno if we never press on and dwell in our mistake we'd be empty inside. it would linger there and hurt us if we allowed it to go there..that wouldn't be right especially for the kids.Carlos is happy he gots his daddy back.now leeloo gots her human punching bag too lol..
Old 09-30-2007, 05:08 AM   #25

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clief101_
yeh...ya cant stay 2getha for reasons like because of the kids...its just rong....but i no u 2 will pull it all together, suk it up and try and get past it
Alright alright...I get it. It was wrong for me to say "do it for the kids" and blah blah blah. And blackstar, I guess you weren't completely wrong. You've made yourself clear; that's fine.

And Marius, I'm very glad for you at this time...I'm happy that the experience enabled the two of you to grow closer, and that you both may have learned something from it. =]
Old 10-06-2007, 09:01 PM   #26

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius
thankx everyone you guys are awesome....needles to say D.R would be here......if only he didn't pummel my ex and scrape up his hands...he looks like a cross from satan or the mummy right about now..but he's doin better now....man i rly wanted to avoid all this drama..but we've been talking and spendin more time together. its like we didn't kno things we kno now ya kno?? its like a different kind of us...its changed in a better way now. perhaps all this drama rly brought us closer..i kno we can never forget what happened but i kno if we never press on and dwell in our mistake we'd be empty inside. it would linger there and hurt us if we allowed it to go there..that wouldn't be right especially for the kids.Carlos is happy he gots his daddy back.now leeloo gots her human punching bag too lol..
*claps* I probably diddnt help much but im really glad everythings getting better now.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:54 PM   #27

Shinra Soldier 1
Chocobo Jockey

Send a message via ICQ to Shinra Soldier 1

These things will pass, but it's harder for me to give advice, the longest relationship i've ever had was like, two months? It hurts at first, but hey you'll get over it, you have to! People seem to think we need someone else to be with us to complete us, but you just gotta have friends
Old 05-19-2008, 06:39 AM   #28

Dhruv
Vivi's Minder

Quote:
Originally Posted by clief101_ View Post
dun worry peeps...everything will work out 4 u 2, i jus no it!!!
Yeah, it always does.