Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:03 AM   #16

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: AFterlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinra Soldier 1
I don't like to get into arguments with him about things like that, it wouldn't help either of our cases

That pretty much sums it up - I could make a huge case about what I believe, but in the end you'll only believe what you want - or what you've been 'led' to believe at this point in your life. God works in mysterious ways - you've heard said, I'm sure. I believe that (He) does exist, that all of life, the world, and space points to a maker - that He's quietly working behind the scenes and in/through us everyday and in every way.

It blows my mind to try and comprehend 'free will.' My finite mind can't wrap around it. Especially when the bible says that some are 'predestined' for eternal life, while others are made for 'wrath.' I just take it as faith - that, and I've seen/felt His presence in my life and around me in different ways.

Just to reiterate: you'll believe what you're 'led' to believe. Its good that we have a lot of thinkers here - life would be pretty boring w/o free will - dont'cha think?!
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:03 AM   #17

Spec Highwind
The Portuguese Dragoon

Send a message via MSN to Spec Highwind Send a message via Yahoo to Spec Highwind

Oh... and what makes me think you stop existing is that you are no more than a group of atoms. And your thoughts are actually neurotical impulses that won't go anywhere when you die...

"My hopes live on in those who remain"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
omg.
that quote is totally going in my sig.
Spec Highwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:35 PM   #18

Shinra Soldier 1
Chocobo Jockey

Send a message via ICQ to Shinra Soldier 1

Our minds aren't just atoms, Look at what you're doing, you're reading comprehending, thinking about things. We are more than atoms, we have an intense thinking process, that doesn't involve atoms, but our perceptions
Old 02-12-2008, 12:11 PM   #19

white mage
Chocobo Jockey

Send a message via Yahoo to white mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinra Soldier 1 View Post
I have a friend who's an atheist that just thinks we quit existing, I don't like to get into arguments with him about things like that, it wouldn't help either of our cases, but he really just says there is no proof there is a good, then I say, there's no proof there isn't...
I have a friend thats Christian, and two Atheist friends (Im Agnostic) and I love arguing about that kind of stuff!!!! She usually gets quiet when we go too far.... That uaually doesnt take long, lol.

I dont know. I think that, because there are so many different religions and beliefs, that we can choose where we wanna go. We dont say, "I wanna go to the Christian Heaven." But I do think that we affect this with our beliefs, which is how Hell keeps from getting crowded. lol If reincarnation is true, who, or what, were the first spirits, and how was the modern human body created, etc. I guess we'll never know.

MOD EDIT: Please notice the 'Edit' button on the bottom of your post next time, before double - posting. I've merged your posts.

Love me.
Hate me.
Just stay out of my way.

Last edited by Luis; 02-12-2008 at 08:26 PM.
white mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:42 PM   #20

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

I say our spirit just becomes part of the energy of the universe. I don't really know and I don't suppose I really will until I die. So if im wrong about everything I guess "I will See you in Hell" Sorry random Aiden song moment.
blackstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:27 PM   #21
Luis
ˇˇ Fresón rebelde ˇˇ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Highwind View Post
You stop existing.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:24 PM   #22

kb-sama
Master Summoner

Send a message via AIM to kb-sama

I don't think there is one,you Die,your soul gets in line then you Reincarnate (Hope i spelled that right) then you just Re-start as a new life you mite be a girl or boy old or young,abd you DON'T remeber ANYTHING of your old life

"I Have No Idea Whats Go'in on"
kb-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:15 AM   #23

white mage
Chocobo Jockey

Send a message via Yahoo to white mage

You've got a good point kb, and it does have some logic, doesnt it? If your spirit, soul, whatever, were to retain the memories of your past lives, the current one would go completely mad. But here are a few of my questions: Where do the memories go? Will the process end, and if so, when? And do you believe that we can be reincarnated into animals, or is it only humans. And: is there an afterlife for those we consider animals?

Love me.
Hate me.
Just stay out of my way.
white mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:57 AM   #24

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

'Born-again'
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:52 PM   #25

Andrew Scaves
Moogle Farmer

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Scaves

Hmm this is a real cerebral topic and i think there are many possibilites. With about 6 billion people on Earth right now and much more in the total years of our existence I wonder if genes are repeated? I think there can be only so many different types of faces, but I'm getting off topic now. I think there's a possibility of a heaven or after life and also of reincarnation, but with the idea if we come back as animals or if animals have their own after lives, my guesses are that humans are the most intelligent being on Earth and really the only ones with souls. i would think if reincarnation is what happens then we only come back as other humans or possibly dolphins since they have the same intelligence as us, but what for when this planet is destroyed, I'm not really sure on that one, I read the Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman not that long ago and they had an after life, but the spirits could become part of the living world again as atoms when they step back into the world of the living. It's just really complicated.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:41 AM   #26

Shinra Soldier 1
Chocobo Jockey

Send a message via ICQ to Shinra Soldier 1

Yeah see if the world wasn't supposed to end, it would be a much easier question to answer!
Old 02-16-2008, 07:36 PM   #27

kb-sama
Master Summoner

Send a message via AIM to kb-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Scaves View Post
Hmm this is a real cerebral topic and i think there are many possibilites. With about 6 billion people on Earth right now and much more in the total years of our existence I wonder if genes are repeated? I think there can be only so many different types of faces, but I'm getting off topic now. I think there's a possibility of a heaven or after life and also of reincarnation, but with the idea if we come back as animals or if animals have their own after lives, my guesses are that humans are the most intelligent being on Earth and really the only ones with souls. i would think if reincarnation is what happens then we only come back as other humans or possibly dolphins since they have the same intelligence as us, but what for when this planet is destroyed, I'm not really sure on that one, I read the Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman not that long ago and they had an after life, but the spirits could become part of the living world again as atoms when they step back into the world of the living. It's just really complicated.

i think if the Earth Gets killed When we'er Dead we Just Reincarnate into Angles or Demons Of Course if the earth get PURGED (don't yell at me if my spelling is off) By god or the Super Devil are Souls (if your on earth at the time)get wiped out to

"I Have No Idea Whats Go'in on"
kb-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:03 AM   #28
Indigo Truth
Vivi's Minder

I think there is an afterlife but i think you get resurrected. I mean think about deja-vu. Maybe you have already been here in your previous life and you made the wrong decision, and you can remember that so your body is bringing it back up so this time you may be able to make the right decision.

I.T

..::I am a post whore! And im coming to a forum near you =] Mwahahaha ::..
| Sig 2-Click Me | | Sig 3-Click Me |
Indigo Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:09 AM   #29

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

I believe the belief in an afterlife of any description, whether reincarnation, heaven, ect, comes straight from the natural fear humans have of death. The idea of just ceasing to exist is so horrifying, that all these other beliefs have sprung up to give people hope and some sort of reassurance that they will go on, in some way shape or form. It also gives comfort to those that have lost loved ones that they will meet again on some other plane of existence.

My personal belief is at death, we cease to exist. All consciousness is gone. Like turning a light off.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:48 PM   #30
Nemo12
T-Rexuar Snack

Our bodies are just shells for out spirits. If you believe this is all there is, that there is nothing more beyond this life, then those beliefs will rot in the soil with your body. But if you believe your spirit will soar, unto the heavens it be! XD Ahaha, but I'm not saying "if you believe in magic". I doubt out minds can create our future.