Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Non-Gaming Related > The Entertainment Domain
Community Mark Forums Read

The Entertainment Domain Discuss everything from Television, Movies, Music, Comics, Anime, Cartoons, DVDs To Home Theatre Setups! And Anything Related to it.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:43 AM   #1

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

Talking Favorite "Lord of the Rings".

Whats your favorite "Lord of the rings" movie?

Well my favorite is the first one. I don't know why, but to me I think the first one was the best.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:07 AM   #2

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Send a message via AIM to Avathar Send a message via MSN to Avathar Send a message via Yahoo to Avathar Send a message via Skype™ to Avathar
Re: Favorite "Lord of the Rings".

Well, I look at it like this:

The Lord of the Rings movies as a whole: I can't look away to the comparison with the book. Peter Jackson just changed a lot of things, and removing quite a few memorable parts from the book. But then again, to make Lord of The Rings as a succesful film, he made it quite good, in not making an overload.
If he'ld literally made the film version of Lord of The Rings: It would be more than three films. :O For that matter, he made an excellent adaptation.

Fellowship of The Ring:

This is quite bizarre to look at. Although it's like the introduction to Middle-Earth, every sequence is cramped up, and very hasty (when you look at the vast distances they travel in Fellowship of the Ring only). But then again, my review is quite critical, since I actually read the books. So, Fellowship of The Ring is the slowest advancing movie, and therefore the worst of the three.

The Two Towers:

Oho, this is like The Empire Strikes Back in Middle-Earth. The action is taken to a further higher level; more character development, although the most disturbing, and quite unavoidable factor is:
The fellowship is split into three parties, and filming sequences of the three different parties is becoming quite annoying (like the battle of Helmsdeep /WOOP/ change back to Gollem's malfide /WOOP/ back to the sleepyness of the Ents /WOOP/ back to battle. xD

The Return of the King:

Peter Jackson really changed way too much here. But that's not really bothering, since cinematically: everything looks terrific. Every parts blends in so sublime, it's one of the better films of this decade, for sure. The ending was a tiny wittle bit long-going. But very touching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis
Now, contemplate the tuttifrutti powahs in my avatar!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
Last.fm YouTube DeviantArt Last.FM TheShrine DinoButt
Avathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:24 AM   #3

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

Wow! I see why you get paid the big bucks. I used to be a big time Lord of the rings fan, but after it I really didn't start to care about it. But now I'm back hook on it, just not as hook as I used to be.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:32 AM   #4

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Send a message via AIM to Avathar Send a message via MSN to Avathar Send a message via Yahoo to Avathar Send a message via Skype™ to Avathar

Well, I still love every bit of Tolkien's literature more than these three movies. There's more to Middle-earth than the Lord of The Rings. Hm..

Come to think of it:

Lord of The Rings = Sauron

Is Lord of The Rings the only movie where title of the movie = the bad guy? (It's the only one I can think of now xD )

Quote:
Old 08-02-2006, 09:46 AM   #5

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

I have "The one ring" on my sims. And I made a poster for my sims too. I been looking for a good book to read so I guess I will try out the lord of the rings book. One thing I don't understand is that some book be better than when they become a movie. (Maybe because the movie be cutting out a lot of stuff.) And some movie be better than the book version. (I guess because of how sometimes in the process of making a movie they try to make it better and add better scenes and stuff.)
Old 08-02-2006, 01:29 PM   #6

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by empresscrystal
I have "The one ring" on my sims. And I made a poster for my sims too. I been looking for a good book to read so I guess I will try out the lord of the rings book. One thing I don't understand is that some book be better than when they become a movie. (Maybe because the movie be cutting out a lot of stuff.) And some movie be better than the book version. (I guess because of how sometimes in the process of making a movie they try to make it better and add better scenes and stuff.)
Hm...I can't think of a movie that's better than the book it's based on.

Quote:
Old 08-02-2006, 01:42 PM   #7

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

I know a few, but really not trying to think about them. But I know it was some movie I saw that was way better than the book.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:46 PM   #8

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Well, there are two where I'm not so sure: Clockwork Orange and Trainspotting. The books were terrific, and the movies came pretty close to the exact standard.

When it comes to movies based on computer games.. only one that is better than the videogame: Silent Hill.

When it come to movies based on comic books.. Only a few, I think (Sin City, Batman).

Quote:
Old 08-02-2006, 02:22 PM   #9

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

Wow! I really never seen the movie Silent Hill or played the game. Is it good?
Old 11-16-2006, 09:24 PM   #10

dappa
Master Summoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressCrystal
Wow! I really never seen the movie Silent Hill or played the game. Is it good?
There are a few of them games. I have never played any of them but I have watched people playing them. They are kinda 'survival horror' genre.

As for lord of the rings I'd say the second movie. The battle at helms deep was cool plus those tree monsters fighting the forces of darkness was excellent.
dappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:50 PM   #11

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

Yeah that one was pretty good, I like it when Gandolf camed back.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:02 PM   #12

Tawsie
Cactuar Thorn

I liked them all, First one introduced you to the charcters and the story, second one showed yout he struggle they had to keep thier land and third one showed you the end.

Over all a great trilogy of films.

Which FF Character Are You?
Tawsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:45 PM   #13
richboywonder
Swordmaster

two towers.was the only one i played
richboywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:44 PM   #14

Tiny Bronco
No Scoped

Out of the movies (which were great) The Two Towers takes the cake. I love Ents.

Out of the books (which made the movie's look like a pree-school coloring book) I'm going to have to say that the prequal to The Lord of the Rings takes all the cake's in the world.

The Hobbit is still the most enjoyable book I have ever read. The storyline takes the classic treasure hunt tale and turns it into a spectacular adventure that later spwans the stuggle that decides the "world".

A question for avathar: Is Middle Earth more of a continent or is it the middle section of a giant land mass and the Northern wasteland is its border to the North and to the south is the barbarian lands with the Oliphauntes?

Who thinks that we should start a petition for The Hobbit to be turned into a movie.
Tiny Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:33 PM   #15

Staircase
Shinra Owner

Send a message via AIM to Staircase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Bronco
Who thinks that we should start a petition for The Hobbit to be turned into a movie.
An animated version of the book was produced as a television movie in the United States in 1977.