Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:19 PM   #1

Marius
Highwind Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via MSN to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius
Unhappy Im rly confused here.

How do you deal with guilt. I mean like if someone you truly loved did something hurtful..Then lets say you run off and do something exactly as hurtful as they did.Cause i feel really worse than i did before Is it possible to get passed it? Or do you press on and give up trying.See i found out from another female whom i can't stand already that like early this year around January. She & D.R slept together. I got angry and rushed into the arms of another man. So i told D.R everything. But it hurts ya kno im afraid that we may never trust the way we did before. IDK what does one do to get passed something like this. ? Im sorry everyone this is painful for me to even type without tears. I need strong good advice so it could help me decide what to do next.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:50 PM   #2

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra
Re: Im rly confused here.

He's to blame for breaking your trust, and you're just to blame as he is for seeking revenge. It didn't help the situation any by you going to another man in the time you needed to sort things out with DR. Now I'm guessing you've hit rock bottom with him, and you're trying to crawl your way back up?

If you two love each other, then forget your regrets and try again. As long as you have regrets for one another, there's no way you can fully trust the other. And what's marriage without trust? Yer married, right? You'd be lying to the other if you won't let go. It's hard to bare, I know, but all you can do is either leave each other and go on with your lives, or start anew.

There's only so many times you can do something before you just get sick of it, right? If this ever happens again, with either of you, IMO, you aren't right for each other. I can understand that a man has weaknesses that makes him do things he wouldn't normally do.( I get that way sometimes. D: ) But still, there's no excuse for what he did. And all you did was add fuel to the fire. Now taming that fire is going to be as hard as ever.

It's not going to be easy to trust each other again, but like I said, if you truly love him, and he truly feels the same about you, just put it all behind you, and start over. You have children, and it'd get VERY complicatied if you gave up now. It's your decision, but I think you two should try it one more time. For the sake of a second chance, and your children. It'll be rocky at the start, but I think you two can pull through. Just don't let anything that drastic happen again, or you'll be right where you are now. Broken, scarred, and having second thoughts. And that's a bad way to feel.

(Insert Bible quote from Reason)

~Finish~

:3 I'm kidding reason. But seriously, does anything else have anything to say about this? If you two have any questions, or need reassurance, just post here. Or PM me one. Either one.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:14 PM   #3

Marius
Highwind Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via MSN to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra
He's to blame for breaking your trust, and you're just to blame as he is for seeking revenge. It didn't help the situation any by you going to another man in the time you needed to sort things out with DR. Now I'm guessing you've hit rock bottom with him, and you're trying to crawl your way back up?

If you two love each other, then forget your regrets and try again. As long as you have regrets for one another, there's no way you can fully trust the other. And what's marriage without trust? Yer married, right? You'd be lying to the other if you won't let go. It's hard to bare, I know, but all you can do is either leave each other and go on with your lives, or start anew.

There's only so many times you can do something before you just get sick of it, right? If this ever happens again, with either of you, IMO, you aren't right for each other. I can understand that a man has weaknesses that makes him do things he wouldn't normally do.( I get that way sometimes. D: ) But still, there's no excuse for what he did. And all you did was add fuel to the fire. Now taming that fire is going to be as hard as ever.

It's not going to be easy to trust each other again, but like I said, if you truly love him, and he truly feels the same about you, just put it all behind you, and start over. You have children, and it'd get VERY complicatied if you gave up now. It's your decision, but I think you two should try it one more time. For the sake of a second chance, and your children. It'll be rocky at the start, but I think you two can pull through. Just don't let anything that drastic happen again, or you'll be right where you are now. Broken, scarred, and having second thoughts. And that's a bad way to feel.

~Finish~

:3 I'm kidding reason. But seriously, does anything else have anything to say about this? If you two have any questions, or need reassurance, just post here. Or PM me one. Either one.
Exactly what i was feeling the other night.Im rly afraid for him right now. he's been rly distant & meloncholy and i kno he's got every reason to feel that way.....I just don't want him to get arrested..............again. But your right about one thing we gotta think about the kids. Poor carlos was sooo upset when D.R left the house when i told him everything. He's been drinkin excessively and i kno whenever he goes there someone gets their butt kicked or he gets arrested...I want to talk to him so he could calm down some how..but he keeps roaming in and out the house....but im gonna fix this i have to. thanks hydra.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:19 PM   #4

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

You just have to make him sit down and talk about it. He's got to be aware of the consequences, and what's at stake. We guys don't really think about that all the time, but we think about taking the pain away, and he's just probably numbing the pain. And everytime the numbing goes away, he just goes to numb it again, right? It's not the right thing to do, but it's hard to face your problems.

Just have a long talk with him, and consider everything. Your lives, your relationship, your future, your children. You'll get something straight. Good luck. =D
Old 09-22-2007, 06:42 PM   #5

Marius
Highwind Captain

thank you. im gonna do my best to fix this mess. your right we can't fix our mistakes but it can hurt more to remain hurt and unresolved...we have to find a way to heal if we are to get passed this.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:48 PM   #6

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

You two need to work together. It'd be in vain if one of you didn't learn anything about this. ^^;

But again, good luck. I know you two can do it, but you just have to work hard and put it behind you. Starting new is the most important part. It makes sure you don't have any regrets, and you're ready to focus on the future, and not the past, and to be smarter than you were in the past. Just remember that.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:59 PM   #7

Marius
Highwind Captain

gotcha..we just gotta stay further away from my ex & that female..whom i rly feel like cussing out right now . but enough is enough they've been trying to break us up from day one..im not gonna let them win. D.R you were right. just in case you read this . when you come home lets talk ok.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:39 AM   #8

Darkreno
Gunblade Expert

i kno meeha.., its ok now ..dang girl you got me drunk and emotional here. look we both screwed up majorly.but to honest 7 kat helped me see this you would've hurt me more if you'd have carried the lie with you.unlike me i was the one who kept it bottled up thinkin i would never have to deal with it. but i think it would 've killed me had you continued to lie to me.now seeing as im able to feel that way i realize that thats what i did. i killed you with my lie & thats what led you to do what you did. im deeply upset and very sorry over this. but i kno who i rly want who i've alwayz wanted and im blessed to still have by my side.when you & kat revealed the song you puton your profile.man it brought back a lot of good memories. i listened to it and realized we are worth fightin for.this time you found me.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:31 AM   #9

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra

~Finish~

I know you were kidding Jake, but please don't use my spirituality as a pun.

Dre, a lot of what you put in that last post I can really relate to (seeing as I did the same thing you did.) Its was easy to be deceived into thinking that my sin wouldn't come back to haunt me. I just thought that life would go on, that I wouldn't have to talk about it.

- but it came back to bite me in the ass. As I've told Merie, the most important thing is that you both learn from your mistakes. IMHO, the first mistake you made was getting drunk that night...or any night. Yeah, its fun...at least for a little while, but wrecking a relationship or your life...or becoming an alcoholic isn't worth any amount of 'fun.' It definitely won't improve your quality of life any. I'm not saying DON'T DRINK, and I'm not perfect. You can choose not to listen to me and that's fine, but I'm only trying to help.

*cough* that goes for you too Merie *cough cough*

D:

Perhaps it would help if you two sought counseling from a couple you both respect? Perhaps it may be time to do some goal-setting of your own? Whatever happens, I wish you both all the happiness and blessings God can give you.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:08 PM   #10

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

yeh, i can relate back to this situation aswell, except the keeping it from my girlfriend part

if ive learnt anything about u 2 from listening to u in this forum, its that u do love eachother very much, and that something like this shouldnt break u 2 apart, especially if u both did the same thing...fair enuf, D.R was in the rong coz he kept it from u and even did it in the first place, but Marius is in the rong aswell for doing the same thing instead of talking to D.R

we all make mistakes, and there only made because your wound up in the heat of the moment...if i were u 2, i wuldnt let sumthing like this get in the way of sumthing so much better. bsides, now that this has happened and u no how much pain has been caused by it, im sure that neither of u wants to do it again, so therfore u'll do everything u can to oppose the temptation, trust me wen i say u can get past it, and it wont taske as long as u think it will, especially if u try and act the same way towards eachotha b4 this all happened, u'll soon go, 'wat were we mad/sad about again?'
Old 09-24-2007, 01:47 PM   #11

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

From personal experience, Find a time you two can be alone and sit down and talk about it explain your thoughts and feeling take turns talking about it and then when your both done forgive each other and forget about it.
blackstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:42 PM   #12

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

Blackstar....

Forgiveness does not = forgetting. TRUST ME! 0.0!
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:49 PM   #13

Kat
k i t t y .

Send a message via AIM to Kat Send a message via MSN to Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstar
From personal experience, Find a time you two can be alone and sit down and talk about it explain your thoughts and feeling take turns talking about it and then when your both done forgive each other and forget about it.
i agree with my homie.
=]

Quote:
Originally Posted by John
Blackstar....

Forgiveness does not = forgetting.
always worked for me. =/

The perfect Example of: Imperfection
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:41 PM   #14

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

When it's something this big, you can't just forgive and forget. You have to work hard, and regain everything you lost. That doesn't mean it never happened, and that doesn't mean you can ignore it and make it go away, because it'll always rear it's head when you least expect it. o.o;
Old 09-25-2007, 12:07 AM   #15

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

dun worry peeps...everything will work out 4 u 2, i jus no it!!!