Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy VII
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy VII The Legendary Final Fantasy! Come talk about this classic Hit from 1997

Old 06-16-2007, 02:59 AM   #16

Darkreno
Gunblade Expert

Re: reno and axel??

we r not stressed about that it is a nice way to at least. have a good connection between the two of them they are both way cool characters. wether or not not their intwined or not u can't help but think they have a remarkable familiarity to them . they r both unpredictable . and lets not 4get 2 mention edgy. nothings wrong with admiring them from afar. i like them both they ROCK. they are both survivors!
Old 06-16-2007, 12:39 PM   #17

Gackt Camui
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to Gackt Camui Send a message via Yahoo to Gackt Camui

Zeromus I dont know what you problem is but if you have a hard time dealing with people just expressing there opinions on characters and all seeing how its not off topic. Then don't read the thread okay? I don't know what has crawled up your butt and set you off but you've been acting like a complete ass. We can discuss Reno and Axel however we like. That is the thread topic is it not?
Okay so yeah...as I said...I don't really see the simalarities besides the hair.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:07 PM   #18

Darkreno
Gunblade Expert

yeah two spikey haired men with all black uniforms. different weapons and both versatile. yep out of ideas much.axel is not as quircky as reno is though. he's more of a fight now ask questions later kind a guy.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:26 PM   #19
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt Camui
Zeromus I dont know what you problem is but if you have a hard time dealing with people just expressing there opinions on characters and all seeing how its not off topic. Then don't read the thread okay? I don't know what has crawled up your butt and set you off but you've been acting like a complete ass. We can discuss Reno and Axel however we like. That is the thread topic is it not?
Okay so yeah...as I said...I don't really see the simalarities besides the hair.
The topic creator started this thread with a theory stating that Axel was Reno's Nobody. I gave facts disproving that theory. After it appeared that they didn't understand how they were not connected, I restated my facts in a more understandable way. I am in no way acting like an ass and nothing has certainly crawled up my butt, and I apologize if you feel that way. Although I will definitely admit that I do get annoyed with fan-theories that ignore established canon (Rinoa=Ultimecia, etc.)

It was my understanding that this was a theory thread, but if the topic of the thread is indeed just discussing the two characters then there is no problem with that.
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 06:41 PM   #20

Darkreno
Gunblade Expert

no the topic creator of this thread was wondering if axel and reno were one in the same. it was me who stated that axel may be reno's nobody.and well if kingdom hearts and ff are not in the same canon then maybe square enix should pull out all their ff characters out of the game. cuz lets face it not everone got the game to play with disney characters. well at least i kno i didn't. oh yeah by the way the title of the thread is reno & axel??. so discussing the characters is no harm.

Last edited by darkreno; 06-17-2007 at 08:00 PM.
Darkreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:25 PM   #21
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Okay, one in the same. My point being that it was a baseless theory.

The Final Fantasy characters appear as cameos in the Kingdom Hearts series; in the Kingdom Hearts universe they have their own backstories (they didn't appear from their own respective games).
Old 06-17-2007, 07:32 PM   #22

Marius
Highwind Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via MSN to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius

yes they are cameo appearences in the game . but wether you love it or hate it the fact remains reno & axel came from the same square enix designer. gives it its own reason to ponder the theory. u kno
Old 06-17-2007, 07:36 PM   #23
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Well, I'm going to stop because I can't think of anything else that can explain it more clearly without me looking obnoxious.

Quote:
in the Kingdom Hearts universe they have their own backstories (they didn't appear from their own respective games).
Quote:
Kingdom Hearts isn't of the same canon as Final Fantasy. Axel cannot be Reno's Nobody and is not the same person since they don't exist in the same universe. The fact that they were both designed by the same person or that one may be based off of the other is irrelevant.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:56 PM   #24

forever yours
Moogle Farmer

idk??? the organization has an X added into the nobodys name.... roxas is sora with an X, xemnas is ansem, i don't think axel would be renos nobody,, his name would prolly be like xenor or something????
Old 06-17-2007, 10:13 PM   #25

Darkreno
Gunblade Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever yours
idk??? the organization has an X added into the nobodys name.... his name would prolly be like xenor or something????
probably? most definetly. but hey like marius said axel is dead supposedly. but how many times we thought reno died too? but hey thats up 4 the designers to decide.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:52 PM   #26

Big Boss
Vivi's Minder

My guess is that Axel was modeled after Reno of FFVII. Now they decided to make a Nobody out of Reno, but we can't be sure about that. If Axel was Reno's nobody then that means that Reno in Kingdom Hearts was swallowed by the darkness. Now Reno is lost in the darkness of the heartless, since his heart was taken away by them. That is if, Axel is his nobody.
Big Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:35 PM   #27

Gackt Camui
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to Gackt Camui Send a message via Yahoo to Gackt Camui

I know he thinks so differentely than other "nobodies" huh? Along with Roxas. They should just do a complete story on Axel and all that great stuff. Were Reno has his own appearance. No...just kidding. I have no idea why I thought that.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:44 PM   #28

Darkreno
Gunblade Expert

cuz the very presence of reno in a K.H"S game is a smart idea to think of. and not to mention u and marius would be the first two i kno that would start a riot at the mall to make sure to get the game lol
Old 06-23-2007, 01:36 AM   #29

Marius
Highwind Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via MSN to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius

no kidding, if only it was a fact that reno and axel were one in the same. i'd like to see how that story would play out.i'd be happy and completely zoned to the story.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:08 AM   #30

blackrose
T-Rexuar Snack

wow this is a touchy subject,well i like the idea though. if only it was more than that the designer did a good job with axel and reno. its really tough to compare. i like em both