Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > RPG Stories > The Story of Palis
Community Mark Forums Read

The Story of Palis A continuing story of worlds trapped in war, where their only hope are Heroes from other worlds.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2005, 03:38 PM   #1

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~
Chapter 3: In The Clouds

They had somehow made it all the way back to Falgon within the night. Belial had summoned a great beast to take them there as fast as they could get there. The city they had only been to a few weeks before was now thriving once again and greeted them with open arms. Sleeping didn’t come easy to most of them. Malice and Magus paced back and forth both thinking of the loss of Nichi but unable to say anything about it. Titania had managed to fall asleep but could be heard talking in her sleep, a nightmare had her as well thinking of Nichi. Even Osirus and Belial were in morn of Nichi.

Brain wondered who this person was. Brain sat on top of the town’s water tower playing cards by himself and listening to music from his computer. The man known as Glenn sat at the base of the tower sleeping, holding his sword near.

Brain thought about the happenings of the day and then dug through his backpack in search of food. He pulled out a health bar and started chewing on it. The stars never came in so clear in Japan. He watched as shooting stars came and went. This place was a paradise; he didn’t even need his gas mask to breathe the outside air.

As the sun rose group gathered around the base of the water tower.

“Good morning all, though I doubt this is a very good morning for most of you.” Brain said as he climbed down from the tower.

Malice lightly shook his head. “Well we were not meant to loose the battle. It would seem we are in a seriously bad situation. Does anyone have any ideas what we can do next?”

Everyone just sort of looked at each other with a blank look on their faces.

“I have an idea.” A voice said from behind.

A short man with a long orange beard and long whit hair said coming towards them.

“Hello my name is Gregory Highwind.” He smiled “But most people just call me Captain.”

Malice looked at the man inquisitively. “Your idea is?”

Smiling again very widely Captain went on to say. “Well ye know of the great Galmon Crater do you not?”

Malice looked puzzled. “You mean the legend of the crater created by a giant ship that landed in the mountains but disappeared just leaving behind the giant Crater?”

“Well I says it isn’t no legend m’boy it’s real we just need us a way to get in, and me thinks that boy right there can do it.” Captain said pointing at Brain.

“How exactly are we to get there? It’s supposed to be on the southeast continent that no one has set foot on because of the reefs around it.” Malice said sternly.

“We isn’t taking no boat m’boy we is taking an airship! Me own airship.” Captain said grinning.

“What the hell is and airship, I mean I get the idea from the words but is that even possible?” Malice said looking very confused now.

“They are real! In my world they are everywhere we use them for travel all over the planet.” Titania said.

“We have them in my world as well, though I doubt that they are like the one the good Captain is speaking of.” Brain said.

“Me ship will be ready in the morning I’ll show you to your rooms” Captain said smiling.

“One second what do you have to gain by helping us?” Belial said taunting.

“I get to see the greatest city in all existence.” Captain said with a boy’s enthusiasm

A few hundred feet outside the gate of town in the valley was an awe inspiring machine flying only a few feet from the ground. Six giant propellers held it in the air and on large one in the rear would propel it. The occasional puff of smoke rose from centers large black stack. The entire ship ran in the length of 500 feet long and had 20 cannons to a side.

All silent with amazement they followed the captain onto the ship each taking to their rooms for but a moment before exploring the ship.

“It will take one month and 20 days to get to the crater once we leave.” The Captain said as he left to his room. “Make sure ye bring your fighting spirit the skies are not the safest place I have known.

A new adventure started and they left behind the place they had grown to know as a home. The people of Falgon and the other cities could be seen from the airship on boats heading to the surrounding islands to escape the flood of demons on their way.

Sleep came easy that night.