Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > RPG Stories > The Story of Palis
Community Mark Forums Read

The Story of Palis A continuing story of worlds trapped in war, where their only hope are Heroes from other worlds.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2005, 10:39 AM   #28

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Palis, The Year 0 Aikia, The Battlefield

Magus parried another blow and cut down his sixteenth demon. He was aware that the demons had suddenly grown fearful, because their commander had been cut down.

A few demons later, he leaned against the wall, relaxing. Another demon came up behind him, catching him unaware. He was knocked to the ground, and the demon raised its weapon high...

The monster's torso fell to the ground, the legs following it soon after. Magus gripped the gloved hand that was extended to him and got pulled up. "Lower thy guard and thou'rt allowing thy enemy in."

Magus blinked. "Frog? That you?"

The green-haired man cracked a smile. "'Tis me, Glenn. How hast thou come to this place?"

"Looking for Schala - she was teleported here according to Gaspar. What about you?"

"I hath served Guardia in human form for a year. I'd gone to the mountain to meditate whence I saw a portal." He shifted uncomfortably. "I had the notion 'twas a Gate, but whence I saw 'twas impossible to return, and I hath seen a battle with unholy wretches..."

"You just had to help. Well, it's good to have you here, Froggy boy. You can meet my friends, they'll like you here. Battle's not over yet... c'mon, let's kick some demon ass."

Glenn jumped at his opponent, sword extended for a leaping slash. The demon was split straight down the middle.

Magus whistled. "Still got it, I'll admit that. How are Masa and Mune anyway?"

Glenn chuckled. "They refuse to speak, for they art not required to. Now, Magus, willst thou offer thy assistance?"

Magus twirled his scythe. "Let's do it, Croaker."

"GRRIBBIT!" shouted Glenn in agreement. Magus turned his head slightly. Glenn blushed. "'Tis a habit I've not yet broken."

Magus laughed. "Well, let's head over to where that giant demon corpse is while we take 'em down. You ready?"

"As thou wouldst say, 'Let's kick some demon ass.'"

Palis, The Year 0 Aikia, Center Of The Battlefield

Belial nodded. "Here comes Magus now. Looks like he's got a friend, too."

Magus and Glenn chopped through several demons to reach the two demons and Nichi. Magus took a deep breath. "Guys, this is my friend Glenn. He's... he came from Earth, just like me. He might talk a little funny, and sometimes croak like a frog, but he's pretty damn strong."

Nichi looked over the newcomer. "I'm Nichi. Glad to meet someone who might make Magus open up to us."

Belial smiled. "I may be a demon, but that doesn't mean I'm against you guys. Nam'e Belial. And this one over here is Osirus - don't think you've met him either, Magus."

Glenn bowed. "'Tis a pleasure to become acquainted with each of thee."

Magus looked around. "What happened to Titania? Last I saw her, she was taking out demons like nobody's business."

"She got herself captured so she could save Malice. So... Glenn, is it? What won't Magus here tell us? Why is he always so wrapped up in himself?"

Magus shook his head. "Later. I swear on Ishia's grave that I will tell you guys later tonight. Let's finish this battle and save our friends, eh?"

Nichi smiled. "I'll hold you to that word, Magus, but you're right. The war comes before storytime."

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member

Last edited by FFnut; 04-26-2005 at 10:59 PM.