Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > RPG Stories > The Story of Palis
Community Mark Forums Read

The Story of Palis A continuing story of worlds trapped in war, where their only hope are Heroes from other worlds.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2005, 05:09 PM   #14

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Palis, The Year 0 Aikia, Somewhere Else

Gamma heard laughter coming from Kain's throne room. Looking over Schala, who was still strapped to the stone slab, he gave Beta orders to watch the girl as he entered the throne room.

Inside the throne room, Kain was laughing so hard he was having trouble staying on his chair. Gamma raised an eyebrow. "Lord Kain?"

Kain calmed down enough to speak. "Ha. You'll love this one, Gamma. I've just heard from Valmarus - watch this."

Kain beamed an image into Gamma's head - that of Dacono beheading Ishia. Gamma felt Kain's glee and went back to Beta and Schala.

Palis, The Year 0 Aikia, Gracia Castle

Magus sat in his room. At dawn the demons would return, and the war would restart. Malice was preparing for the next day's battle, and Nichi had gone to talk to Belial. Aikia was now running Gracia, and Titania was helping with the soldier-healing. Only Magus himself had nothing to do.

He left his room, strolling down the hall. He began to think of everything that was happening, and about the shapeshifter that had knocked him away like nothing. He went outside and watched the men who were stripping down the Lavos Spawn's shell and making it into better armor.

Someone in this world knows who I really am, but how? Only Schala also came from Earth and knew who Janus was, but she wouldn't know that Magus and Janus were the same person. Nobody knows me as Janus Zeal. There's no way..

The festival continued. Magus quickly dodged through the crowd, remembering the last time he had been at a festival - to buy a clone to resurrect his friend Crono back on Earth. He thought back...

Earth, The Year 1000 AD, Truce Village

Magus watched as Marle copied the clone's movements. Dr. Bekkler clapped, admiring her imitative skills. "Splendid! Have the clone!"

They grabbed the clone and stopped off at Crono's house for a quick rest. His mother was there.

"How is Crono doing? Where is he?" she asked. Marle started blinking away tears, but Frog spoke up. "Milady, Crono is fine. He hath suffered a minor injury. We shall bring him this doll in order to raise his spirits."

Magus shook his head. He looked back at the happy faces at the festival - all of them oblivious to Crono's death thirteen thousand years prior. He sighed. "Ignorami*..."

Palis, The Year 0 Aikia, Gracia Festival

"Sir Magus? Are you alright?" asked one of the soldiers.

Magus looked up, eyes bloodshot. "I'm fine. How long to dawn?"

"Only a few hours," grunted another guard.

Magus hurried back to the castle to rest up before the coming battle.

*I'm pretty sure ignorami is the plural form of ignoramus - if not, then just replace it with whatever the real plural is.

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member