Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy VIII
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy VIII Bring back the memories of the great adventure of a Man and his Gun.... Blade

Old 08-26-2006, 04:10 PM   #1

John Smith
~Wizard~

Send a message via MSN to John Smith Send a message via Yahoo to John Smith Send a message via Skype™ to John Smith
Unhappy Help on defeating Omega Weapon?

Title

The characters I use are: Squall, Rinoa and Selphie.

I've been trying to use Rinoa's Comine Limit Break so that I can use Invincible Moon, but it just doesn't seem to come. If this succeeds or not, I make Squall use Aura on Selphie, so that she can last a little longer to find "The End" in her Roulette Limit Break. I've read this technique in a walkthrough, although in vain. I've ran into The End a couple of times, but I hit the button so fast that it passes right in from of my eyes >.<

Oh, by the way, I hope I'm not confusing Omega Weapon with Ultima Weapon =P

Click here to read Dragon Ball Multiverse! Includes several languages! =D

Last edited by John Smith; 08-27-2006 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Adding Information
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 05:08 PM   #2

Zeon
Master Thief

Location: where the tonberry lies, i'll be there, where the sea meets the sands, i'll be there...hell :)
Send a message via MSN to Zeon
Re: Help on defeating Omega Weapon?

yer omega is pretty simple to beat with/without inviciblity but can get annoyingly repeatitive

with inviciblity:
starts battle with lvl 5 death so have death junctioned to stat def to all
cast eden and cerburus with characters (not squall) and have squall cast treble aura
depending whos in battle use either limits (if rinoa use combine for invincible moon) or cast meltdown, item:holy-war and then squall renzokuken.
continue pounding until death (if u come out of holy war use quick )

without invincibility:
starts battle with lvl 5 death so have death junctioned to stat def to all
cerburus and eden (just for extra damage at start and plan ahead )
start with triple of squall and have him cast treble haste/aura (either or but next turn use the other tht u didnt) recommend haste so next turns occur faster.
next attack he uses is meteor which is fine.
treble curaga to get characters to max as next attack does 9998 damage to all
use gravaja so just attack him hard as it cannot kill and healing is pointless (see next part and ull see y )
next attack will deffinatly kill (terra break EVIL) have one character defend reduces all hits to 0 damage then use tht character with full life double to revive others
repeat process until death

AND THERE YA GO!!! u have won (hope it goes well i can offer other methods to win but more a test than a method really )
item mega-elixer, limit break rezokuken and with

Last edited by Zeon; 08-27-2006 at 05:11 PM.
Zeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 05:51 PM   #3

John Smith
~Wizard~

Send a message via MSN to John Smith Send a message via Yahoo to John Smith Send a message via Skype™ to John Smith

Thanks, I gotta try this... (I haven't played FF8 for like a month or 2 :S) (Stuck in Omega Weapon). Actually, if Lion Heart happens, I'm pretty sure it deals more damage =\

Last edited by John Smith; 08-27-2006 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Removing repeated information
Old 08-27-2006, 05:52 PM   #4

Zeon
Master Thief

Location: where the tonberry lies, i'll be there, where the sea meets the sands, i'll be there...hell :)

nope this does indeady work on EVERYTHING but i dont use coz i find it kinda cheating but by all means use it i tested it myself so i know it works.

Last edited by Zeon; 08-27-2006 at 05:59 PM. Reason: correct typo error (use*)
Old 08-27-2006, 05:59 PM   #5

John Smith
~Wizard~

YAY!!! GOODY GOOD-Y DOO!!! =D =D =D

Thanks for all the help Zeon =D =D =D

Old 08-27-2006, 06:37 PM   #6

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart

You can easily beat Omega before he uses Terra Break, if you are set up properly.

This is how I do it:

* Junction max Strength on Squall and Zell (that is, 255)
* Get as much Speed as possible on everyone, that is, junction whatever magic that gives the largest Speed boost possible and equip the +60% Speed ability (I think that's the highest Speed bonus you can get from GFs, if I remember correctly)
* Set battle speed to the slowest (in the config menu)
* Get your Vitality and Spirit as high as possible, and junction 100 Death to Status-Def (if your levels are in multiples of 5)
* Equip Iniative if you have any room left, you can do without it I guess.

Then for the battle.. Cast Meltdown on Omega, Aura on everyone (well, Zell and Squall at least, the 3rd party member is only there for support, like healing), you could Haste up too if you like (unless you have Auto-Haste). Zell will perform Armageddon Fist* and Squall will do Renzokuken. Just repeat, over and over. The 3rd party members heals when necessary.

Since your Speed is ridicolously high and you are Hasted, you should be faster than Omega and be able to kill him before he pulls off his first Terra Break. I did, and I'm far from the best, so you should be able to too. When I did, it took 3 Duel (ie Armageddon Fist) and 3 Renzokuken (one of them ended with Lionheart) to finish him. If you've got some confidence, you could even leave your whole party at 1 HP after his Megiddo Flame and just go all out.

* Armageddon Fist - if you don't know, this is simply repeating Zell's 2 simplest moves in Duel over and over. Booya and Heel Drop I think they are called. They both require 2 key presses and can be performed extremely fast if you're good at it, and therefore you can pull off very many of them in the span of one single Duel. I've personally dished out 250,000 damage with Zell per Duel doing this (and if you're really really good at it, you may be able to go as high as 400,000+), and that is actually on par with Lionheart and you don't need to rely on luck. With 255 Strength and fighting a Meltdown'd monster, each hit will do 4000-5000 damage and 9999 if critical.
Memories will fade
ShadowHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 06:42 PM   #7

Zeon
Master Thief

ok good strategie but there are errors. zells duel can be done extremely fast and if u do punch rush it can be as short as 0.13 of a second (which rocks) with this method i manged to beat omega before i got to gravaja (the attack before terra break ) cocky i know but still. also i wouldnt wanna post this method as a first way to kill omega as its more fun to make the battle a challege
Old 08-27-2006, 06:45 PM   #8

John Smith
~Wizard~

The hardest monster in FF8 can be killed that easily? =O X_X

Old 08-27-2006, 06:53 PM   #9

Zeon
Master Thief

yer its sucks dont it??? omega is really tht simple to beat. kinda depressing
Old 08-27-2006, 07:10 PM   #10

John Smith
~Wizard~

No problem to Squall, Zell and Quistis eh? (All Level 100 =D)

If it's even tougher than Ultimecia and Griever and Ultimecia with Griver junctioned... I don't want to think about this >.>

Old 08-27-2006, 07:13 PM   #11
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

I was going to post ShadowHeart's strategy from awhile back, but it seems I've been beaten to the chase.

Yeah, he's pretty easy...unfortunately. :/
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:17 PM   #12

Zeon
Master Thief

has anyone tried beatng him with angel wing?
its determined by what magics in rinoas inventory so meteor 255 magic and angel wing doing around 7000-8000 damage X8 and haste and boosted speed from angel wing makes it awesome combo
4 meteors before 1 of omegas turns and uve got the other 2 for healing and stuff as well
Old 08-28-2006, 01:39 AM   #13
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Oh, I forgot to point this out but the 'Armageddon Fist' is actually Booya and Punch Rush, SH.
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:32 PM   #14

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart

Oh right :P Haven't played FF8 in like 1½ years
Memories will fade
ShadowHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:15 PM   #15
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner