Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy IX
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy IX The crystal comes back! Discuss Square's final installment to the FF series on the PSX.

Old 09-23-2006, 05:37 AM   #1

Mega Flare
Moogle Farmer

Boss Tips

This is my thread about bosses everytime i come on i will post a tip about a certain bosses if u have a request for any certain bosses post it here and i will post a tip 4 u.

Hilgigas

Team: Eiko, Garnet, Zidane and Vivi

Stratergy: Zidane is mainly for stealing really but his psyhical attack is useful 2. the items worth stealing are, Fairy flute, Mythril fork and a phoenix down.

Vivi's bio can cause some serious damage to it so use focus a few time 5-6 a nd the use it for some nice damage

Eiko and Dagger are the healers and summoners in the group but mainly for summoning though keep an eye on the hp of yuor characters as it can drop quickly when not kept in check.

He uses Curaga if not beaten quickly enough but use reflect on him and it will bounce onto one of your characters instead.

There tht's one for now i will try to do one for 2mora but i have a busy work day ahead so.

If you still need more information regarding the signature size limit, see this thread: http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1098
Mega Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:31 AM   #2

dappa
Master Summoner

Re: Boss Tips

Megaflare Have you ever managed to steal the fairy flute from hilgigas? I've played the game 8 or 9 times and zidane can steal the other items but not the fairy flute. Even with his ability which increases his stealing accuracy.

When I fight him I usually cast silence on him but reflect is cool aswell as it heals your party instead.
dappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:18 PM   #3

Mega Flare
Moogle Farmer

I have actually stolen the fairy flute as i am very persistant and don't stop till i steal all the items bosses have.

Next Boss: Gizmaluke

Parties: Zidane, Vivi, Freya or those three plus Quina.

Strategy: Zidane: Get him to steal as gizamaluke has a weapon for vivi called the ice staff which is useful in Burmecia. After tht get him attacking.

Freya: Get her to use Jump as this does about 350 points damage per shot

Vivi: Use thunder as tht's his weakness and watch out for his Silent voice attack.

Quina : Get him/her to be the healer of the party make sure to have plenty of echo screens and tht he/she is in the back row for the battle along wit Vivi so Gizamaluke doesn't do as much with crash.

Tht's bout it really not a hard boss but stealing the ice staff is well worth the effort.

If you still need more information regarding the signature size limit, see this thread: http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1098
Old 10-21-2006, 09:12 PM   #4

Mega Flare
Moogle Farmer

I know this is double posting but no one posted between this one and the last so.

Next boss: Tantariun

Team(s) Zidane, Vivi, Freya and Steiner or Zidane, Vivi, Amarant and Freya.

Stratergy: Put them all in the back row as Paper Storm and Edge do alot in the front row. Hit him till he opens then do this:

Zidane: steal as he has some cool items (can't remember off the top of me head but will edit it when i remember.0

Vivi: focus a few times then hit him with Fira to cause nice damage.

Steiner: Minus strike makes sure he doesn't pop back into the book.

Freya: is the healer as her Reis wind casts auto regen.

Amarant: use throw and stock up on crap weapons to cause heavy damage.

He casts poison when out of the book so have antibody equip to block it other than tht an easy fight to win.

Old 10-23-2006, 11:03 AM   #5

Yggdrasill
Cruxis Angel

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrasill

Fairy Flute is the hardest item in the entire game to steal, some people have tried stealing it for 20 mins, myself included, with no luck.
Personally I'd rather just wait and buy it later instead.

Homer: I've learned that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.
Yggdrasill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:49 PM   #6

dappa
Master Summoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
Fairy Flute is the hardest item in the entire game to steal, some people have tried stealing it for 20 mins, myself included, with no luck.
Personally I'd rather just wait and buy it later instead.
Yeah I agree with you on that one, I had my characters in the 60's level wise plus zidane with his spirit stat quite high plus the ability which enhances his stealing ability and after half an hour, nothing, I was well peeved off I can tell you.

But the author of this thread has managed to steal it, kudos for your persitance man!
dappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 04:24 AM   #7

Xartex
Gunblade Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Xartex Send a message via MSN to Xartex

I have stole it as well, because... well.... i am very stubborn, after a while u get very tierd of it but just keep trying, eventually you will get it. think i have gotten it both the times i've played through the game.
Xartex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:26 AM   #8

Yggdrasill
Cruxis Angel

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrasill

Does Fairy flute give you Esuna magic?
From what I can remember it does and if does it must be worth it, Esuna is very helpful.

Homer: I've learned that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.
Yggdrasill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:14 AM   #9

Xartex
Gunblade Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Xartex Send a message via MSN to Xartex

Fairy Flute - Esuna & Haste & Regen

so yes it does give esuna so it is quite worth it
Xartex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:24 AM   #10

Unknown Kaze
Cactuar Thorn

If anyone has beaten the Final Boss after Trance Kuja, could you please tell me, cos I find it impossible to beat him....
Old 10-25-2006, 03:10 PM   #11

Mega Flare
Moogle Farmer

Ahaha wkd time for a necron tip hehe

Final boss tip: Necron

Stratergy: For starters equip the auto abilities: Auto regen, antibody, and all the ones tht stop status effects.

Party: Any

Zidane: He's a physical attacker as stealing the elixers from him is pointless as he's the last boss.

Vivi: His Flare and Meteor magic causes a nice amount of damage to him so stick with those.

Garnet/Eiko: They are the healers mainly but use Odin or Bahumat for Garnet and Madeen for Eiko.

Stiener: His Shock ability is a good thing to use here as it causes 9999 damage.

Amarant: Is a revivever and an attacker, his revive ability helps and his No mercy causes lots of damage. His Chakra helps with mp.

Freya: Jump protects you from Grand Cross attack and his Necron ring and other attacks, and her dragons crest attack does 9999 damage.

Tht shud be enuf for you to beat him easy enuf.