Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > FFnet RPG Hack
Community Mark Forums Read

FFnet RPG Hack For all information, discussion, questions and answers on our forum RPG hack, the lottery and gil.

Old 10-11-2005, 12:25 AM   #61

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

Re: RPG Latest

I've done something really major this morning that will probably affect most of you.

Discovered how to add different class types so now instead of us all being "generic", we are split into generic, mage, warrior and scholar. Which one you are depends on your class. For example knights and my amazon are now warriors. Gamblers are now scholars, the mages are under mage and some classes remain generic ect.

You will need to go into your headquarters and update your character to put its new class into effect. This also affects the items you can buy from the itemshop. All items have been set to apply to all or only certain types. Example again, warriors can now only buy level 1 spells, scholars can buy level 1 and 2, generic and mages can buy all spells. Weapons and armour are affected the same way.

If you can't buy an item under your new class type, it won't show in the itemshop for you anymore.

The next stage of this for me is going through and adding lots of new weapons, armour ect so each class has a decent choice.

Hope this makes the RPG a bit more interesting for you all. If you are having problems, have questions or comments ect, tell me .

I will also eventually go through and edit the items the generic class can use so they don't have access to everything, just a mix of warrior/mage/scholar type items. I want to get the other classes itemed up first though .

Last edited by Arkacia; 10-11-2005 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Adding info
Arkacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 01:58 AM   #62
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

yay!! thats a definite improvement! however, what if people just decide to change jobs at the spur of the moment? (not that im forsaking geomancer...)also, i like how my selection fit my class (i can use terrain, like earth and wind, etc.)
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:15 AM   #63

Xartex
Gunblade Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Xartex Send a message via MSN to Xartex

that's really cool, changed my job like three times so, just wondering if i can use my butterfly edge on my new samurai, just want to know (dont want to go into battle because i have so little hp)
Xartex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:49 AM   #64

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart

Good work, Arkacia
Memories will fade
ShadowHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:25 AM   #65

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
yay!! thats a definite improvement! however, what if people just decide to change jobs at the spur of the moment? (not that im forsaking geomancer...)also, i like how my selection fit my class (i can use terrain, like earth and wind, etc.)
If people switch between jobs, it won't affect anything except what they can and can't buy in the itemshop. I'm not sure if weapons and armour they already own, but that cannot be used by their new class, will still work or not. Haven't tested that. Perhaps someone who does can give me some feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xartex
that's really cool, changed my job like three times so, just wondering if i can use my butterfly edge on my new samurai, just want to know (dont want to go into battle because i have so little hp)
Yes, you can. The samurai is a warrior and they can use all the sword weapons .

If you want to get your experience up and practice battles, you can go into the monster arena. The early ones are pretty easy to beat and good to learn on .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowHeart
Good work, Arkacia
Thanks .

Last edited by Arkacia; 10-11-2005 at 06:27 AM.
Arkacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 12:25 AM   #66

Totorosama
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Totorosama

YAaay! You know, 2 days of me being gone and here's what happened. I'm so proud...I can't wait to get new stuff! (Of course, I don't have much gil right now...)
Totorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:54 AM   #67

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

Thats ok Totorosama, I've only revamped the shields so far. This will require a big shake up of the items and will take time for me to do.

As I do have real life to handle as well, it won't happen overnight, theres no hurry .
Old 10-12-2005, 11:35 AM   #68

Totorosama
Highwind Pilot

Also, do the items have to be so expensive? It's not worth paying 50 gil (or is it 100?) for a potion just to heal 100-150 hp. And the others aren't really useful when there are no status effects so far....
Old 10-12-2005, 11:59 AM   #69

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

I'm redoing everything in the itemshop and prices are being looked at in relation to what they do. I don't want to make it too easy though, but will try to make the lower impact items (plain potions ect) more affordable.

The status items may go because I can't find any way to make them do what they are supposed to do. If that happens, I will replace them with more items for health, magic and combinations of the two.

I've done the shields and armour so far. Both sections have items now that cover level 30 - 35. Once all sections are done, I'll go through them again and add items for higher levels.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:39 PM   #70

Totorosama
Highwind Pilot

Uh, you didn't need to do those for levels 30-35. No one's even halfway there yet.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:49 PM   #71

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

I know, just making sure something is there for when someone does get that high .

Eventually there will be stuff for levels into the 90s .
Old 10-12-2005, 07:56 PM   #72
Rorschach
Moogle Farmer

Ohh....
The only way someones gonna get that high is if they spam lol....
*looks around sneakly*

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. There is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.
Remember... remember the fifth of November
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 05:56 AM   #73

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart

Rather if they fight in the monster arena like crazy. It would probably take posts in the 100,000 range to get all the way to level 90+ on jsut posting Well, it certainly feels like it
Memories will fade
ShadowHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:22 AM   #74

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

You have a point there Shadowheart.

So, those of you who are really into the RPG, tell me what you think a fair amount of experience for posts and threads would be?

I'm open to increasing it but don't want to make it too easy to get to the very high levels. You have to do some of the hard work yourselves .
Old 10-13-2005, 01:27 PM   #75

Spiff
Kung-Fu Fighter

Send a message via AIM to Spiff Send a message via MSN to Spiff

You've done a great job. Although, I was a little upset that I had to sell my weapon, but I like being a Red Mage.

Note: I tried using Cure in Battle and it uses the MP but doesn't give me any HP. The page says it did but nothing happens.

Last edited by Spiff; 10-13-2005 at 02:23 PM.
Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote