Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Original Fan Fiction Art
Community Mark Forums Read

Original Fan Fiction Art Forum for member created Final Fantasy Fan-Fiction, drawings and art.. Show off your creativity here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2007, 11:52 AM   #1

Patraw
T-Rexuar Snack

FFTA Viera Red Mage action figure WIP

This is a Viera Red Mage action figure, based on the character from the Game Boy Advance video game Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, that I'm working on. Nineteen working points of articulation so far [ears (2), neck (2), waist, loin cloth, posterior cloth, shoulders (2), elbows (2), wrists (20, hips (2), knees (2), and ankles (2)]. With the ears fully erect, she stands about 4 1/2 inches tall. All I have left to make are two ponytails, the hat, and a sword (the official artwork depicts her with a staff, but rapiers are the only weapons they can use in the game). I think I'm going to repaint the lower arms gray or something too, as they're too close in color to her flesh right now. I'm also considering making a chunk of tiered battle map (probably 3x3 or 4x4 squares, I don't want anything too huge), like what's in the game, as a base/playset--it's a neat-o idea, and would look nice for display purposes, but I don't know how much enthusiasm I'll have left after I finish her up.

Here’s a quick (20 second) rendition of what the final version will look like, scribbled in Microsoft Paint.

For comparison purposes, below are two images of a Viera Red Mage. The first, on the top, shows the character portrait art (left) and game sprite (right) from the status screen menu in the video game. The second, on the bottom, is the official Square-Enix artwork for the Viera Red Mage.

Patraw is offline   Reply With Quote