Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy IX
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy IX The crystal comes back! Discuss Square's final installment to the FF series on the PSX.

Old 12-04-2005, 08:55 AM   #1

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Send a message via AIM to Avathar Send a message via MSN to Avathar Send a message via Yahoo to Avathar Send a message via Skype™ to Avathar
Lightbulb The many "What if..."'s

Offcourse there are many "What if.." scenario's, it's in every game. You can make it simple like: "What if Vivi didn't get on the Theatre ship, would they made it trough Evil Forest and the Ice Cavern?" But there are better ones, i think:

"When Zidane, Garnet, Steiner and Vivi arrive in Lindblum with the Cargo Ship, there is a meeting with Cid. But instead of making plans to research Brahne's evil plans, he wants to watch the Festival of the Hunt.
EVEN after the Festival, a Burmecian soldier comes to tell his last tale about the fall of Burmecia, by Alexandria. BUT Cid doesn't really care, he just wanted to start eating...

SO WHAT IF CID has send his army on time to Alexandria, he would have stopped Brahne on time (Kuja that's another matter, but still).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis
Now, contemplate the tuttifrutti powahs in my avatar!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
Last.fm YouTube DeviantArt Last.FM TheShrine DinoButt
Avathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 08:59 AM   #2

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: The many "What if..."'s

Wow,.. I've never seen someone talk about "what ifs" about a game... this should be a neat forum. I'll check back often.

As for FFIX. I have to play the game again. I'm sure I'll have more to post afterwards.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 07:34 PM   #3

Totorosama
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Totorosama

Speaking of what ifs, I played the beginning of FFIX (Vivi in Alexandria) too many times in a row, 'cause I couldn't find the save place (for some reason or another) and so when I passed the signmaker, Vivi didn't trip! I was shocked, adn kept on running back and forth near the spot where he is supposed to trip. In that case, I would have never made it anywhere. Later, though, it fixed itself and he tripped.
Totorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 12:25 AM   #4

Phoenix Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totorosama
Speaking of what ifs, I played the beginning of FFIX (Vivi in Alexandria) too many times in a row, 'cause I couldn't find the save place (for some reason or another) and so when I passed the signmaker, Vivi didn't trip! I was shocked, adn kept on running back and forth near the spot where he is supposed to trip. In that case, I would have never made it anywhere. Later, though, it fixed itself and he tripped.

Hey, that's odd...how long did you play until it caught you eye?
Old 01-08-2006, 08:05 PM   #5
gcarev10
Master Thief

more destruction in the gaia but i dont remember that time when he send his army in alexandria. Can you giv me more abaut that time sorry.
gcarev10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 05:14 PM   #6

Phoenix Flame

Usually it would be because of an overlooked action event sequence...but only you would know if you didn't talk to someone until later.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:23 AM   #7
gcarev10
Master Thief

If i understand y good, i was not here because i have holiday's and hapy to y also so how abaut that time i dont remember that, i have more problems with ozma and treasure hunt but now i have all treasure and ozma is there to beet , i mast have more lv and hpto my charcters zidane, freya,albert and armant.i hope that y will understand that.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:02 PM   #8

Squall Leonhart
Balamb Headmaster

What if instead of going to Lindblum at the very begining they all went to Alexandria?

Squall Leonhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:25 PM   #9

Tiny Bronco
No Scoped

WHAT IF... in FF7 Zack had reacted to the Jenova cells instead of Cloud. Or better yet what if they both reacted. By the way I'm new.

OHH! Sorry I didn't realize this was a FF9 forum, just ignore my post.

Last edited by Tiny Bronco; 01-17-2006 at 10:41 PM.
Tiny Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:36 AM   #10

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Send a message via AIM to Avathar Send a message via MSN to Avathar Send a message via Yahoo to Avathar Send a message via Skype™ to Avathar

Quote:
What if instead of going to Lindblum at the very begining they all went to Alexandria?
I suppose you mean when Zidane, Dagger, Vivi and Steiner are in the village of Dali? Well, let's see:

*The only reason why they'ld wanna return to Alexandria, is that Steiner has taken control over Zidane's plans of taking the princess to Lindblum. So when they go by Cargo Ship to Alexandria, they wouldn't have been bothered by the Third Black Waltz, since they are going to Alexandria, and they're not kidnapping princess Garnet. So what would happen later on when back in Alexandria:

* Steiner could get promoted and continues his career as Captain. Brahne finds out that Lindblum becomes a "treath" to Alexandria and sends the army towards Lindblum (and Burmecia).
* Zidane would have been executed.
* Garnet, powerless as she is, can't stop Brahne's warmongering plans and remains in Alexandria castle.
*Vivi......... he escapes from Alexandria and goes to Treno. From there he meets the rest of the Tantalus group, who were on the way to Lindblum. So together they'ld go to Cid, and revise their plans to stop Brahne.*

Well, that's one version.

Quote:
Old 05-07-2006, 08:32 PM   #11
gcarev10
Master Thief

not nesesery they will not have concract t stole dagger from the castle and she will stay in there so dagger will jojin our party later maybe when brahne is dead by bahamut and kuja
albert will stay in aleksandria allso and become our enemy, freya will join our party after barcemia thing, eiko will be in our party coz we will be soner or later on that continent and she dont have much to do with that mogle guys and she love zidane our party will act on undergraund base and have cold war with aleksandria by headquaters in lindblum chif will be cid will meet dagger in the moment aleksandria attack lindblum by caunter atack order by cid cot he is her uncle and he will pool her out from heands of her crazy mother,but what with albert albert will be our enemy or he will go after dagger depends of his filings i think he will go after dagger and we will have him in aur party but brane is dead and who will put baunty on party head mybe kuja guy after brahne is deah he will take control over aleksandria and col armant t hunt as and we have him on that way so this is my opinion SL.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:28 PM   #12

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

No offence, Gcarev, but could you try typing seperate sentences, 'cause i can't make anything sensable out of this. I'm trying to read it, though.

Quote:
Old 05-10-2006, 06:51 PM   #13
gcarev10
Master Thief

i will do that sorry