Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:37 AM   #1

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor
The hardest choice you have ever made...

And I mean an important choice in life that changed it, either in a big or a small way, or a choice that just helped you grow, and that you got something out of the descision that you made.

As for me, it would have to be my descision to try to recover from anorexia and depression. I felt as if I would never pull out of the pitch black, seemingly endless abyss of fear and sorrow I was in...I thought I was never going to make it out alive.

But something dawned on me, somthing that told me that I could try to make my life better, and all I had to do was TRY.

I tried, and I slowly recovered. I don't have anorexia anymore, but it's been difficult, even after two years, to let go of feeling depressed. Sometimes I cry for no reason, or I feel like I really wish to die more than anything else. I'm just afraidI'll end up alone, forever... But I think that someday I'll find someone, so I won't have to fear of being alone anymore.

For now, that fear still lingers...sometimes I wonder about the choice I made, and other times, on some days, I'm glad that I'm still alive.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:13 AM   #2

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

Re: The hardest choice you have ever made...

We're all glad your alive too Faust we love you and your like our sister.

Mine was probably the decision that religion wasnt important to me. I mean it doesnt sound like much but when your raised in a very religious area, it becomes one. Because religion alway weighed down on me and I never really beleived in it so removing it from my life removed alot of weight. And its not that im not spiritual but thats very different than being religious. So like i said it might not sound to hard but to me it was very difficult.
blackstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:57 PM   #3

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstar
We're all glad your alive too Faust we love you and your like our sister.

Mine was probably the decision that religion wasnt important to me. I mean it doesnt sound like much but when your raised in a very religious area, it becomes one. Because religion alway weighed down on me and I never really beleived in it so removing it from my life removed alot of weight. And its not that im not spiritual but thats very different than being religious. So like i said it might not sound to hard but to me it was very difficult.
Same here.

I believe in God and all that, but I don't want another shoving beliefs into my mouth. I believe what I want, not what another influences me to believe.

The hardest choice for me, ironically, was to date. I knew if I got commited to a deep relationship, I couldn't go around flirting and looking at everyone, and that was the kind of person I used to be. I was the kind who would love a girl for so much time, then if it wasn't working, despite her feelings, dump her and try elsewhere. But when I got one to work, it baffled me. I had to decide "Is this really what I want?"

And it was.

There's a lot of other stuff I could talk about, but I'll save it for later.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:47 PM   #4

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Send a message via AIM to Avathar Send a message via MSN to Avathar Send a message via Yahoo to Avathar Send a message via Skype™ to Avathar

The most important choice so far: was at the end of the second year of high-school.

I was seriously stuck in this boring stuck-up Modern Language & Economics college. But when back in elementary school, and the first year of high school: my older bro encouraged me, continueing this professional degree of college.

Thing was, at the same time, second year of high school. I was getting so much more involved with my own drawings and things, which only included my spare-time activities, absolutely nothing professional.

And I am so bleeding glad I made myself make the decision of going for art college in the third year of high-school. I sometimes seriously wonder of all the things that WOULDN'T have happened, if I didn't go to art college. 'Cause it was a liberating choice, I felt and still feel more free, that I can do the things I want with the media that fully interest me.

And I look at it like this: I might have been more smart (to say it in such objective terms) if I went to finish some economics degree, but I definatly feel more happier by now, and learned more (a feeling, such as intelligence vs. wisdom) nonetheless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis
Now, contemplate the tuttifrutti powahs in my avatar!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
Last.fm YouTube DeviantArt Last.FM TheShrine DinoButt
Avathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:30 PM   #5

Gackt Camui
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to Gackt Camui Send a message via Yahoo to Gackt Camui

This happened awhile ago. And being young and all I had no idea what was going on. But I was around 6 and my parents had a huge huge HUGE fight. My mom called the police and everything because she though that my dad was going to take us away. We ended up staying downstairs, our landlords lived right down the stairs from us, until like 2 in the morning, my dad got arrested, he spent the night in jail, and thats when they split up. Later on that week my dad told me to chose either him or my mom. And being a 6 year old it was something that I just couldn't understand. I didn't make a decision and my dad told me he would give me the week. If by then my mind wasn't made up he would just leave me with my mom. But he warned me that I would never see him again. Well both him and my mom worked out a play to switch off and on with me and brother, that was still hard. But it saved me from having to make the decision. They eventually got back together. And here we are today. Pretty dang happy.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:19 AM   #6

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

Mine I already posted in the 'Cheating' thread. That was my toughest decision to date...and it cost me the most. However, it also taught me some valuable things. Like I don't always know what's best for me and that healing can come through brokenness...also, I don't believe I would be the same person today if I chose NOT to make that decision, and I probably wouldn't be co-leader of my homegroup.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote