Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy V
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy V The controversial classic released in 1992 with two different translations.

Old 09-26-2005, 01:22 AM   #1
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

omega and shinryuu

anyone beaten them? from what i hear , they arent as tough as 7's weapons, or warmech, but im too chicken to fight them .
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 03:03 PM   #2

Coelie
Moogle Farmer

Location: I live in Memoria.....place where all memories are.
Re: omega and shinryuu

I really never heard of those...prob becoz I haven't really completed ff5 yet but ok

You don't need a reason to help people.

The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty.

Guns don't kill people..........people kill people
Coelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 08:13 PM   #3
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

both of them are in the final dungeon . omega is near the waterfall, and shinryuu is in a treasure chest in the final area. (no kidding) thankfully, you can run away from the treasure chest one. cant seem to run from omega... kinda funny
Old 09-27-2005, 10:01 AM   #4

Coelie
Moogle Farmer

aha that's the problem...never been in the ff5 dungeon never took the time to complete it...

Old 09-27-2005, 08:45 PM   #5
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

yes , i knew you didnt complete it just telling you where it is =) how far did you get last time you played?
Old 09-28-2005, 11:21 AM   #6

Coelie
Moogle Farmer

ah heck I dont remember

Old 06-12-2006, 05:58 AM   #7

Sephiroth v.2
Airship owner!

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth v.2

i killed omega on lvl 29 (its relly mysterius) i fighted him after the pyramid in world 3 i walket a bit wrong and begun to fight omega hes relly hard!
Sephiroth v.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:23 AM   #8

dappa
Master Summoner

I've beaten both of them. They are two really nasty bosses but if you are patient you will defeat them. For omega you should cast float on your characters before you begin the battle. Equip your characters with weapons and armour that protect against fire and increase your magic defense stats plus weapons that increase the strength of your magic stats you also need to equip everyone with the reflect ring (refect ring obtained by mugging the monsters in the phoenix tower). This is not a battle where physical strength is needed as its about magic. omega doesn't attack with physical attacks only magic. There is a weapon in the sealed castle that increases the strength of elemental spells. I think it might be called the magus rod. The strategy is as follows. You need everyone on mime plus you need the item ability for your characters. Have at least one character with time mage abilities. At least one with black mage abilities and blue mage and white mage abilties. Any spare ability slots should be used for beneficial effects for your characters. You cant directly attack omega with spells as he is on permant reflect. You cant dispel it either. Omegas main weakness is lightning so thats what you reflect at him. Summon magic is useless as it heals omega even the lightning summons do aswell. This is a battle about patience. omegas main weapon is its soul cannon which does around 2000 hp each time so you have to endure it then heal your characters by the whitewind spell then have everyone keep miming it till omega unleashes his next spell which will probably be another cannon spell, these spells put your characters hp on a countdown so if your hp is very low you need to act fast and heal yourself or your dead. Hitting omega with magic or physical attacks makes him counterattack with four different spells some bad to the really bad (worst case scenario is he uses the encircle spell which removes a character from battle permanently up to two times) Repeat healing yourself with whitewind and miming it but not attacking him and eventually he will try to use the target spell on one of your characters. The reflect ring will bounce his target spell onto him which will cause him to attack himself with his own spells for a few turns. This is when you unleash a reflected bolt3 onto him (choose reflect bolt3 on all your characters and it will do the damage of 4 spells) and have everyone mime it once, only once as he will soon recover from this and resume his normal attack pattern. When his target spell is on him when he counterattacks your spells with his they all hit him rather than you but after a few reflected bolt3s he recovers and goes back to his normal attack pattern. Repeat the pattern I mentioned earlier and wait for him to again try to use the target spell on your party. About half an hour later you will eventually defeat him. Note during the healing process you may have to or want to slip in the odd elixir or bounce the haste spell off him or too so be quick and resume the whitewind and mime strategy asap. You will get an omega badge for defeating him. This will unlock a secret movie scene after the game credits have ended when you defeat Neo x death
dappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:35 AM   #9

dappa
Master Summoner

Shinryuu is another annoying boss. You need all 4 party members equipped with the coral ring as his first attack will wipe the party out straight away Its up to you what party ability setup you have but you need the reflect spell and haste spell. Equip everyone with the strongest armour and weapons. First cast reflect on him to stop him from casting the guardian spell on himself. Cast haste2 on your party then the guardian spell on yourself. His physical attacks do a lot of damage so keep yourself healed. All you really have to do is stay healed and attack him every now and then then cast flare on him then get everyone to mime the flare and stay healed, dont attack him with holy. You may have to revive the odd character from time to time but it shouldn't be too hard. You get the powerfullest sword in the game ragnarok and an item which restores your health when you fight dragons.
dappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:38 PM   #10

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

I haven't got that far yet.
But when I do come in contact with them....muhaha I shall win.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:03 AM   #11

Heartless Angel
Vivi's Minder

Beaten both of them, but isn't there an undead kind of Shinryu that you fight after you beat the other one? In the dragon cave?

I think I fought him too, and won after much anguish as most of my attacks did nothing.
Heartless Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 07:25 AM   #12
HarietteE
T-Rexuar Snack

Man it is very difficult from truth about Dianabol 7's How To Lose Weight Fast How To Get Skinny Fast How To cut weight sarms cycle where to buy sarms sarms online testogen gnc Legal steroids for sale – How it works? Legal steroids GNCweapons, or warmech, who said this to you when you try it you will khnow

Last edited by HarietteE; 10-09-2021 at 05:21 AM.
HarietteE is offline   Reply With Quote