Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > RPG Stories > The Story of Palis
Community Mark Forums Read

The Story of Palis A continuing story of worlds trapped in war, where their only hope are Heroes from other worlds.

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 09:54 PM   #31

Mong00se
Moogle Farmer

A great noise echoed through the streets, and Belial quickly turned to see one of the men blowing into a conch horn. With a flick of his wrist, the queen of spades embedded in the soldiers neck, and he topped to the ground.

The noise still lingered in the air as Malice approached his goal. The red haired man stood at the top of the palace steps, looking meniacly at him. His eyes burned flames, which only added to the insanity blatantly drawn on his face. Malice had grown up with this man. He was a fire adept named Boiz. As a child he'd always been wreckless, abusing his powers. Like Malice, he'd been gifted in the art of spellcasting, and he quickly learned to maximize his powers at a young age. He had been first in his classes, with Malice only a hair behind. They had become friends purely because of their skill.

Then something odd happened. One day, Boiz seemed to change unexpectedly. He became even more rash and hard headed. He refused to work as a team with Malice, and it had almost cost him his life on a few occasions during time trial exams. Slowly he'd grown distant. Malice had noticed the change, and had tried to talk to him, but his stubborness would not hear it. After a month of this unusual behavior, he had snuck into the crystal quarry, and had stolen crystals of fire, his element of kin. Upon exit of the caves, he was discovered by the village elder. He absorbed the power of the fire crystals, and with his newfound strength, he burst through the Theirian guards and had fled the island.

Malice reached the bottom of the stairs, and looked up at Boiz. "So it is you who is behind the crystal corruptions," he said.

Boiz laughed a sinister laugh. "Not I, my boy, but another force. He supplies me with unimaginable power, and in return I spread the crystal plague. Not a bad deal." He laughed again, a shrill laugh.

"I'm sorry Boiz, for you were once my friend, but for the sake of Theira and Gracia, I can't let you do it." Malice pocketed his daggers. "Lets do this the old fashioned way."

"I have no time to deal with filth like you. Maybe once you could compare to my power, but now I am the strongest Theirian mage."

Boiz drew his weapon, a double edged sword. He swung it around, and the two blades caught fire. "If it is a fight you're asking for, then I will deliver. I doubt I'll even work up a sweat."

Boiz leapt into the air, his fiery blades creating a ripple in the air. He briefly twirled the blades above his head, and with a piercing yell, he brought the sword down upon Malice. Malice rolled to the side, evading the attack. The sword hit the stone ground, spraying sparks in all directions. The bloodlusted Theirian looked to the right, where Malice had just been, but he was not there.

"Please Malice, don't try your cheap tricks on me. I grew up with you. I know exactly how you fight."

A fiery insignia burned on Boiz's hand, and he shot a fiery burst into the air. The flames hit their mark, and Malice fell from the sky, now visible. Before he hit the ground, he summoned an air current, which caught his fall. He windwalked once again and charged towards his enemy. Boiz felt the current coming, and slashed forwards with his sword. It was just as Malice had planned, and he vaulted over the sword slash, laying a foot to the back of Boiz head.

Boiz staggered forward, but quickly regained his balance. Malice was trying very hard not to be seen, and it was frustrating Boiz. His temper flared, and his body heated up to molten temperatures. The air rippled, and Malice's form appeared at the top of the steps. Boiz laughed again, and shot flaming bursts towards Malice. Malice was ready for it this time, and he uncloaked and dodged to the side. His motions were a blur as the wind propelled him sideways, out of the way of the projectiles.

"Where is this unbeatable power Boiz?" Malice taunted. With a burst of air, Malice shot forward, and landed a punch to Boiz stomach. Boiz spat fire at the impact. Before he could bring about his sword, Malice executed an uppercut to his jaw. Boiz actually lifted from the ground. And Malice spun around and kicked him into the side of a building. Dust shrouded Boiz as he hit the building. Malice strained to see through the dust, but he couldn't. He cautiously walked forwards, preparing for the worst.

Suddenly, three fiery projectiles were hurled at Malice. He summoned the wind and knocked the bullets aside, but he wasn't ready as Boiz leapt from the dust slashing with his double bladed sword. Malice dodged the first slice, but the second blade sliced through his vest, creating a deep gash. Malice held his chest as the pain shot through it. The blades came down again, and Malice summoned a current that boosted him high into the air. He forgot the pain and focused on the battle. Boiz was now throwing fire at Malice, and he was having a hard time focusing. Determined, Malice spread his feet at shoulder length and put his arms out to the sides. The blueish insignia flared on his palms, and he screamed the word that he hoped word end the battle.

"HURRICANE!!"

Malice started slowly spinning. The firebolts hit the air and dissipated. The spin became faster and faster until a funnel of air started to appear from his body. He lowered himself to the ground, surrounded by the cyclone, and walked towards Boiz. Boiz still held his insane look on his face, and didn't seem worried that the tornado was nearing. Everything around them was being picked up and thrown, and Masuto ordered the others to take cover to avoid flying debris. The bodies of the dead soldiers were picked up and tossed effortlessly aside. The only thing that rested on the ground besides Malice was Boiz.

"You have become strong Malice, but you have yet to see my real power," mocked Boiz. The flames on his sword grew larger, until his whole body seemed to ignite. He spun his sword above his head, and created a fiery vortex. With great strength Boiz threw his sword into the hurricane. Instead of being shot out like the rest of the debris, it lit the hurricane. The fire surrounded Malice, searing his skin. Releaseing his anger, he shot stright out of the eye of the storm. The pain distracted his focus, so no cloud of air met him as he fell. He hit the ground with a thud.

Boiz was upon him in seconds. He'd already retrieved his sword, and it was now pointed at Malice's neck.

"See, you cannot match my power. And as I promised, no sweat," he said, demonstrating by wiping his forehead.

Malice couldn't form the words to respond. His strength had left him, and e knew it was the end.

"Prepare to die. I'm sorry things had to be this way. Oh wait a second, no I'm not." Boiz said, laughing his crazy laugh once more. He raised his blade to swing, but froze in midslice as a menacing growl split through the air.

"No," Boiz said humbled. "Not now. The Zera Shaal cannot be here now. Not in my moment of glory. No."

The growl grew closer, until it seemed right over top of Malice. Malice saw the demon through his blurred vision, but couldn't make out the details. He saw the flicker of Boiz's sword as he blocked what appeared to be the arm of the Zera Shaal. The last thing Malice saw was Boiz being thrown high into the air. After that, all he saw was black.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:04 PM   #32

Drazniich
T-Rexuar Snack

Belial watched all of this as he guarded Masuto. Masuto finished his two guards artistically. "Is that Zera-Shaal?" Mastuo pointed.

Belial's jaw dropped. "Nothing... can be remade... that fast." he gasped. He holstered his cane. "Damn it. I'm taking him down the hard way."

Masuto shook his head. "Hello? Goodness?"

"Not after its first remade. It would need to recharge its forces to become immune again." Belial took off sprinting. Finally, he lept straight up into the air, spinning like a top and flinging card after card into the body of Zera Shaal. It screeched in pain.

Masuto raised a hand over his eye. He disapeared.

Belial landed over the body of Malice, catching Zera-Shaal's fist as he attempted to finish Malice off. They strained against each other, as Belial slowly lifted the sleeper off the ground. He hammer-threw the demon into a building.

Masuto appeared over him in the rubble. He unslung his sword from his back. A piercing chours of screams silenced everyone who wasn't evil within a mile and a half. One billion suffering cries all escaped at the same moment. "Time to go back to sleep." Masuto smiled.

He brought the blade down into Zera-Shaal's face again and again. The sleeper kicked Masuto up into the air, then off into the distance. Belial was there waiting, five feet from Zera-Shaal's head.

A large blast of un-making erupted again, this time, directly at Zera-Shaal's face. The decapated demon slowly started regenerating.

"We need someone holy." Belial looked around. "Someone who can kill this thing."

Malice lay unconcious. Belial lept over, crouching next to him. "Damn it. Can't they make these things tougher?" he growled as he began to heal the downed fighter.
The Via Hyron, Road of the Hive, dictates that you shall protect your loved ones, fight to preserve your way of life from outside threats, and never forget you follow the road. This road is, by far, one of the most honorable roads known to the vampire clans, short of Galconda only. The Via Hyron is only practiced by one clan, the second clan of Ashur-called-Cappadocius, namely, the Baali, the original infernalist clan...
Old 03-30-2005, 12:07 AM   #33

Zerlina
Chocobo Jockey

…where am I? She lay still.

Pulling her weight up to rest on her forearm, a maiden, drenched in Gaian rainwater and barely conscious, let out a soft and inaudible cough.
Dazed, she made the beginnings of what could have been standing up, but fell back when the water on her hands met no resistance from the marble roads. Her head pounding, she groaned and did nothing for some time.

How long had she been there? How had she come there in the first place? It seemed all too much to try to comprehend. Perhaps the storm had blown her to a nearby town, or perhaps… she’d died?
As the water-fog from her eyes began to ease up, she finally took a look around. It all seemed so strange, like something out of a book. The air was thick and had to be taken in slowly, she noted. Perhaps this was on a mountain? Or a cliff? Maybe a cavern?
Whatever it was, it felt uncomfortable- eerie almost.

Finally managing a clumsy rise, she stood still for a moment to regain her balance, like a babe newly trained to walk.
“Hello?” the barefoot girl called out shyly, and thought she may have heard her own voice echo “Is…someone here?”
Habitually, she lay her fingers on the silver flute hidden in one of the pockets of her clothes.

Last edited by Zerlina; 03-30-2005 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:20 AM   #34

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~
Zera-Shaal had almost completely regenerated. Belial tried to wake Malice and get him to fight for him. Masuto lay downed in the middle of the road, slowly getting to his feet. In the distance Masuto could see a girl walking down the street a faint holy aura surrounded her. Zera-Shaal was completely healed now, it looked from side to side for its closest victim, and it made its choice and started to charge the girl.

The girl looked frightened as the huge beast ran towards her. She looked around for help but no one was there that she could see. She drew her flute and held it ready to use, but the monster was on her too fast to cast any spells.

Zera-Shaal jumped over her and hissed as it fell onto her. She held her hands up in defense. Zera-Shaal fell on her flute as she held it out, the holy power contained in the flute. The beast screamed in pain as the holy powers tore away the flesh of the creature like it was butter.

Titania stood up and looked at the beast the now lie in two. ‘What the heck is going on here?’ She thought to herself.

Masuto came up behind Titania. “Impressive, you must be favored by the god’s.”

Titania turned to see Masuto standing over her. “Who are you? What the hell was that? Were the hell am I?”

“Whoa whoa, hold up. That is a demon, and you killed it. This is Palis; this is the city of Falgon. Me I’m Masuto, the others are just up the road from here. It seems you just came here so we might be able to help you.” Titania nodded her head and followed Masuto.

Malice had finally gotten to his feet and Belial was sitting recovering from unmaking the Zera-Shaal. Magus was attempting to conjure some sort of healing spell but was not succeeding very well. Titania walked over to Magus. “Who are you trying to heal?”

“Malice got pretty beaten up there; I was just trying to help him out.” Magus turned to look at the young girl leaning over him.

Titania walked over to the man who she was told was Malice and started to cast a minor healing spell on him. “Feeling better?”

“Much thanks.” Malice stood up and bowed. “Who is this?”

“She seems to have just come to this world, she killed Zera-Shaal.” Masuto said sitting down on the side of the street.

“Are you ok?” Titania said looking at Masuto and Belial who both had massive cuts all over their bodies.

Masuto raised an eyebrow. “Healing us would probably kill us. It’s best to leave us alone until we heal by ourselves.”

Belial nodded. “So you’re a maiden of the ways of holy magic.”

Titania nodded and sat down looking really confused. “This place is just a little confusing.” Looking at Belial and Masuto she asked. “Why is it that my magic would hurt you?”

“Demons don’t take holy magic too well.” Belial said poking at the gash in his arm. “Lucky for us things like this don’t take long to heal.”

People started to come out of their houses and seemed very confused. They looked like that had been under a trance for some time now. The heavy air left the city and the presence of evil had left.

“Looks like we are finished with this town, where are we off to next?” Malice said breathing in the cleansed air.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:49 PM   #35

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Palis, The Year 699 Ishia, The Road From Falgon

Magus cast a wary eye at Belial before leaning in towards Malice. "Hey," his voice rasped, "what do you think Belial's going to do now?"

Malice raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

Magus shook his head. "You don't remember? When Belial joined us, he said he needed us to kill the sleeper. Now that Zera-Shaal's dead, what's going to stop him from killing us and leaving?"

Belial had been eavesdropping on their conversation and quickly strolled up next to them. "How about my word?"

Magus stopped and looked at Belial. The Earthim's red eyes met the demon's silver ones. "The word of a demon?" Magus almost laughed, then paused to reconsider his past. A grin spread across his lips. "I've had some luck with promises from things other people consider evil. I guess I can trust you, if only for a little while."

Belial grinned as well, his devilish teeth glinting. Lowering his voice so only the two of them could hear, he continued. "Plus, that girl over there took out Zera-Shaal by accident. Imagine if I tried to double-cross you. She'd be able to vaporize me in an instant."

Magus glanced at Titania, who was walking a little bit behind the group. "Another good reason to bring her along."

Malice looked at him. "You're not sure if we can trust Belial, but you think we can trust her? She's not even from Palis."

Magus smiled. "Neither am I."

He stepped back to talk with the girl.

"So what kind of world are you from?" he asked her.

She looked at him awkwardly. "What do you mean?" she inquired.

"You're obviously not from Palis... and I'm not either, to be honest. Where were you from before you came here?"

She glanced up at the sky. "I'm from a place called Gaia. My village was attacked and..." she trailed off, not wanting to reveal more.

Magus nodded. "Don't want to reveal your past, huh? It's alright, neither do I. These guys know next to nothing about Earth, where I'm from." He shouted to Masuto, who was leading the group. "Where're we off to now?"

Masuto turned around and kept walking down the road, backwards. "The town of Adinem. Don't know what to expect there, so keep an eye out." He turned back around and kept walking, everyone else behind him.

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member
Old 04-02-2005, 05:50 AM   #36

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~
Three days it would take to get to Adinem. The group had been pounded by the sun all day long and it was taking its toll, so they pulled off the road to rest for the night. Belial and Ensayne talked while the others rested. Titania was watching the stars, they were very clear tonight.

Off out of listening distance Belial talked with Ensayne. “I just thought of something very important about our friend Masuto. Do you know the name of the first mortal to ascend to being a god?”

Ensayne looked at Belial annoyed by the question. “You know damn well it was Masuto, Aikia Masuto….. Oh wait I see what your saying. Wasn’t Masuto supposed to be Aikia and a girl, not a guy?” She peered at the camp only to notice that no Masuto was there.

“I’m interested; do you think she’s been putting up an act just because she is stuck in Nichi’s body?” Belial said looking around for Masuto.

Masuto appeared by the camp, he seemed to be carrying something. “I’m going to go see what he’s up to.” Ensayne said flying off.

Masuto hid behind a large old tree that was near the camp. He laid on the ground a fox pup that was asleep. Masuto took out a small knife and cut his finger and dripped some blood on the fox’s head. ‘A sacrifice Ensayne thought. What could he be trying to conjure at this hour?’

Masuto started to concentrate energy into his hands and they glow a feint yellow. The fox did as well. Then the Fox woke up and opened its eyes and let out a scream.

Masuto’s eyes rolled up. Hearing the noise Malice, Titania and Magus all came to see what was going on.

“What in the hell is this?” Malice said looking at the glowing fox that started to get bigger and bigger. “Stand back he might have summoned something to kill us.”

Magus shook Masuto only to notice something was very strange. “Hey guys, why does Masuto look like Nichi again?”

Belial hearing this ran as fast as he could taking of his jacket as fast as possible. “Don’t look at the fox or you’ll be very sorry.” Belial yelled.

It was too late with that warning Malice and Magus Turned to look at the fox who not looked a lot like a girl. Titania forced them both to turn their heads. “Come on we can wait on the other side of the tree.” She said trying to move them back.

Belial threw his jacket over the fox.

“So I guess it worked.” Nichi said coming out of the trance he was in. “She’ll finally be given her own body; (phew) you have no idea how hard it is to listen to a girl talking to you about their problems non stop for days.”

Belial looked at Nichi with disbelief. “What the hell? How did you come back?” Belial looked at the Girl lying on the ground now. “You can mean that I was right and she Masuto is really Aikia?”

Nichi nodded. “Yup that’s why I let her take over my body, she needed to be in control long enough to gain enough power to do a change of bodies. I don’t really understand it all but you’ll see what I mean once she wakes up.”

The Girl moved and opened her eyes. “It worked? Oh my god it worked!” She sat up forgetting she had no clothes on yet.

Nichi and Belial turned their heads away as fast as they could.

“What, why are you not looking at me, did I screw it up, do I look hideous?” She said as she looked at herself noticing that she was completely naked, and she quickly pulled up the jacket to cover herself. “I’m sorry that was my fault. I didn’t think that through, now if I can only conjure some clothes.” Aikia attempted to conjure clothes but noticed she was completely out of energy after changing bodies.

Belial handed her a stack of cloths. “These should do till we get to the next town.” With that Belial and Nichi stood up and went back to the camp.

At the camp Malice and Magus looked as though they had been trying very hard to explain to themselves what they just saw. Then seeing Nichi back Malice almost fell over. “You’re alive? I can’t believe it. Masuto said he took over your body permanently.”

“That was the idea at first but Masuto realized that she didn’t belong in a man’s body any longer then she had to be in one.” Nichi said

“Wait your telling me that Masuto is a she?” Magus looked at Nichi in wonder.

“Yeh, she told me not to let you guys know until she was able to find her own body.” Nichi stretched like he hadn’t moved in a very long time.

A tall young girl with silvery white hair came out from behind the tree. The same awe inspiring presence that Masuto had when in Nichi’s body was there just more elegant. She was wearing all white with a black Jacket that came all the way to her feet. “Well I guess the secrets out.” She smiled.

Titania looked at her and laughed. “You have fox ears!”

Aikia felt he head and sure enough she had fox ears. She had expected as much, thankfully she hadn’t gotten a tail with the package. “Well it’s what I get for not using a human’s body to move into.” She sat down and sighed, it feels good to be back to being me again. Well mostly me at least.” She laughed.

The next day came and so did the sun. Everyone went on towards Adinem. It was only a few more miles till they got there.

Arriving in town they noticed that it was very calm, and that the presence of the crystal shroud was not very think in the area.

Nichi looked around, and then he noticed something. “Someone else has been through here and taken out the crystal before us.” He picked up the remains of a shattered crystal.

“Who else would be able to do this?” Malice said looking around and feeling the air to see if anyone else was in the area.

“This was done a while ago it would seem, and they have been gone for some time now.” Aikia said sitting down on a bench. “It seems like we get to take a rest.”

Nichi nodded, with no other towns in the south coast they were to wait here until notified by Ishia what the next town was to be. “Well let’s get a couple of rooms in the inn.”

Magus went into the Inn and reserved 3 rooms. “Ok Nichi and Belial, you guys are in one room, me and Malice are in another, and Titania and Aikia will be in the other.” Magus handed out the keys to everyone.

Aikia took her key. “Well I don’t know about you guys, but I’m taking a shower, something I haven’t had in almost ten thousand years.”

Titania nodded at Aikia. “I think I’ll take one too, coming into this world by that storm has left me rather dirty feeling.” She looked at her cloths which were spotted with dirt.

Belial took his key and smiled. “I’m going to go have a good hard drink. I think I deserve one.”

Nichi took his key and said nothing just walked out of town and sat under a tree and fell asleep.

Malice followed Nichi after taking his key. Malice had much he wanted to ask Nichi. He let him sleep and sat down near him and thought about all that had happened in such a short time. ‘I wonder if his eyes are normal again?’

Magus went around the town asking everyone he met if they had seen a girl. No clues came up in the time he spent, but he found out that a man in a silver cloak had killed the demon controlling this city.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:36 PM   #37

Zerlina
Chocobo Jockey

((I still don't really want to control anyone else's characters yet because I don't know you well enough to do so...sorry))

To be completely honest, Titania had lied. Though she pretended to make her way up to a shower, she instead turned and left the inn.

Kicking up a little bit of dirt with every step, the girl far from home made her way down a town road, trying to make sense of the situation. So she'd been blown off to some other world, it seemed. Or perhaps she had merely hit her head and was hallucinating.

Casting a weary glance back at the inn, Titania continued down the road with an unintelligible look on her face. The once proud girl walked with her head down and her hands in her pocket, confused and crest-fallen, not knowing whether she would ever see the Gaian moons again, or smell the sweet grasses of the Mountain Path.

For some time, she continued on like this, considering all her options. Firstly, she could follow the group…they seemed to know what they were doing. But really, the only reason they wanted her, she thought, was because she destroyed the demon in the other town. Scared to be left behind, she hadn’t even considered speaking up about how much of a fluke that was. In truth, she was a terrible spell caster and had learned a long time ago her magic was unreliable.

After about half an hour, Titania realized that she had no idea where she was.

“Damn.” She muttered and turned a few times to take in the geography of the town.

It seemed she had somehow made her way to a square that she thought marked the center of the place. So that meant that eventually they was probably going to besomeone around from whom she could ask directions. Perfect! Feet aching, the girl made her way to the fountain and sat on the edge of it. Suddenly wishing she had stayed and showered, she dipped her hands beneath the water and began to scrub them. For the first time in her life, she could see the accumulated dirt leaving her fingers and palms. Oh how she wished to go home!
Old 04-05-2005, 10:34 PM   #38

Mong00se
Moogle Farmer

The world spun around her in a blaze of confusion. Nausea hit Titania as she realized how terribly lost she was. She staggered forward, then back, looking in all directions, but only mountains surrounded her. She put her arm out against a tree to brace herself.

"Why madame, that certainly is a very far shower," came a voice from behind her. Titania spun around, but saw nothing.

"Who...who is there?" she asked feebly, not knowing enough of this land to know of its inhabitants.

In front of her, Malice materialized, as if appearing from the air itself. His form wisped into shape, and he smiled. "Sorry, didn't mean to follow you, but I thought you might need a guide, seeing as you don't know the terrain. I will offer you my humble services and become your makeshift guide." Malice bowed, a sarcastic grin on his face.

"I'm sorry Malice, but I cannot accept your offer. It seems that your group can do without me, and I wouldn't want to be a mere accessory." She had a serene quality about her, and Malice knew the words she spoke were the truth.

"If this is regarding your confrontation with the daemon earlier, think nothing of it. We are not asking you to stay because of your magical abilities, but rather because we are all lost to this world in a way, but together our team is strong. And we'd like you to be a part of it."

Titania blushed. She did not know if the words he spoke were true, or if it was just a rouse to add her to their roster. After thinking, she spoke.

"And who is we? Is this the teams decision, or yours? And anyways, I am not very competant when it comes to magic use. To tell you the truth, the whole daemon trick was really a fluke. I was never really good at magic."

Malice looked shocked. She had the demeanor of that of a White Wizard. "Then let me make a proposal," he said quickly, jumping at the idea that had just popped into his head. "I am adept in magic. I am a wind elemental of the Theira tribe. I am not framiliar with your sacred art of holy magic, but I have seen it used many times before. Magic is not about ability; it is about concentration and determination. This I can teach you. So what do you say?"
Old 04-05-2005, 11:01 PM   #39

Zerlina
Chocobo Jockey

Titania couldn’t help but let a smile appear on her face. If he was willing to teach her how to use her magic, then she could go with the others and not feel like some kind of burden.

“You would really help me?” she asked, her smile growing as he nodded.

Still, she felt ashamed somewhat, and brought up her hand to push some hair out of her face (the real reason for this not being that her locks annoyed her, but rather, that she could hide her grin behind her sleeve).

“I’ve heard that before, you know...” she brought her hand down “‘magic is not about ability; it is about concentration.’
Where I come from, we have a tradition in the art, and our elders and parents teach us about it. They used to say things like that all the time. The problem is that it makes no sense until you understand it. And when you understand it, there’s no point in hearing it.” She laughed and then once again hid her smile.

“Right, well,” she cleared her throat, trying to seem serious “do you think you could answer one question for me? I’ve been wondering it for…the past half hour. I suppose you’re expecting it, anyways.
Is there- is there any way of getting back home to where we came from?”
Old 04-06-2005, 05:02 PM   #40

Mong00se
Moogle Farmer

The question hit Malice hard. He bit his lip, stalling for a solution. She was too pure and innocent to know that they hadn't yet found a way home. The details would crush her already fragile spirit.

Titania saw him bite hip lip, and noticed the stall for time. The wave of realization swarmed her fast. "Oh," she said softly, relieving the pressure from Malice. "There is no way back is there?" Her head sunk down.

Malice felt horrible to crush the lost girls hopes. He saw her head drop out of sadness, and did his best to calm her. "Titania, do not lost hope yet. We're working on a solution. We're searching as best we can, but as of yet, we havn't found anything relative to an escape from this corrupt world. Please do not dismay."

Titania raised her head, her eyes red. She brushed away her tears, and looked at Malice. "Thank you Malice."

Malice scratched his head and giggled, accepting, but not relishing in the appreciation. She was a fragile soul, and he felt compelled to protect her, at least until her skills improved. He took her hand. "Lets head back to town, the others will be worried. You should get some sleep, for we leave early tomorow."

They disappeared into the currents, and flew silently towards Adinem.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:17 PM   #41

Drazniich
T-Rexuar Snack

Belial sat there, staring at the water glass full of whiskey. He idly rotated the glass on the bar. "Pious energies make me feel all tingly."

He reflected on the latest turn of events. It was a neat trick, createing a sort of kitsune body out of a fox. Belial would love to be able to alter others with a simple sacrifice. Instead, his always required a sort of... more mundane touch...

He sat, wondering to himself. COuld he? Without matierals? It was always worth a shot... he'd screwed up and undone worse.

He stepped out into the street. He drew a circle on the ground, and an eight pointed star. "Hmm... concentrate on form..."

He began to dream... what had he looked like back then? Who had he been? It was so long ago he had that body. A very long time... had he changed after, or was that his last one? He wasn't very fond of the warlock look he had going...

Wait, hadn't he tried a female form then? Was it that time he had one? It was confusing... his mind was fading from the recent unmaking, and he was very tired... but the ritual had begun. Crap... he was mixing images.

Anyone else saw a pillar of black flames, shifting and forming.

He thought he had it. It was bound to work. Besides, now the twins wouldn't recognize him.

He dismissed the ritual. His clothes were the same, and very much no longer fitting. He had lost mass in the change, going down to about 5'9". His hair was no longer a cursed metal, but a nice electric blue. His eyes had changed, looking more mortal, matching his hair. His ears came to points, something he hadn't counted on. Apperantly, he'd been some sort of elven like creature, most likely, that was the female form he'd been thinking of.

His hair was a little shorter than he preferred. It simply came down past his chin in front and got shorter goin' back. The hardened leather clothes were far too large, as he was now gaunt thin. He held out his arms, admiring the blue tattoo work he'd done. The left arm had Reckoning written on it, the right Staysane. He didn't need to see his back to know that the image he'd wanted was there. [Post later] Now, it was just a matter of conjuring clothing, something he could do easily.

He couldn't really come up with something interesting, so, for the time being, a long black skirt bedecked in silver chains, and a holder on his back for his chain. He pointed, incinerating his old clothes. In the heat, he saw himself, and realized he'd made another sort of mistake...

There was a blue eightpointed star surrounding his left eye. "Uhoh..."

The particualar runes involved marked it as his star. Now, any rudimentary knowledge of him would identifiy him as Belial. "Ah well... time to bug Nichi."
The Via Hyron, Road of the Hive, dictates that you shall protect your loved ones, fight to preserve your way of life from outside threats, and never forget you follow the road. This road is, by far, one of the most honorable roads known to the vampire clans, short of Galconda only. The Via Hyron is only practiced by one clan, the second clan of Ashur-called-Cappadocius, namely, the Baali, the original infernalist clan...
Old 04-06-2005, 07:46 PM   #42

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Palis, The Year 699 Ishia, Adinem

Magus looked out onto the horizon. He felt apprehension of some kind. He slowly walked out past the edge of town, scanning the ground for a clue. He found it.

Bending down, he picked up a small red rock nearly identical to the one he'd found earlier. He closed his eyes and concentrated on it.

Palis, The Year 698 Ishia, Outside Adinem

"Shut it, you stupid girl!" grunted the man.

Schala groaned. "Janus... Janus..."

"I said SHUT UP!" he shouted, slapping the girl. "Whoever this 'Janus' is, if he even exists, he'd do well to know not to try and fight against Lord Kain."

Schala sat up groggily as the man and his dragon continued on, Schala being strapped to the dragon's back. She broke off a piece of her pendant and looked into it. "Janus," she whispered, "if you do come here, help me. Please. Help me. Please. Help me... Janus..."

Palis, The Year 699 Ishia, Outside Adinem

The image faded from Magus's mind, and he gasped. Schala... I'm here... Janus is here for you. Please, Schala, where have you gone? Where? I miss you... I've missed you for the past... he suddenly stopped the train of thought. How long ago was the last I saw of Schala? It depends on how you look at it. It could be roughly ten years, from when I last saw her as Janus, in terms of my physical age. It could be roughly fourteen thousand, from the time between her coming to Palis and me coming to Palis, earth time. It could be a week, the same way in Palis-time, or only a few days, physically from when I was the Prophet... He shook all thoughts from his head and went back to Adinem to get some sleep.

Official Ex-Member
Old 04-07-2005, 01:03 PM   #43

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Nichi looked up into the leaves of the tree he sat under and though about how it was to be so light as to fall to the wind and ride on its current. Is this what it was like to be alive again? He looked at his hands and still could not believe that he was back in the same old body that he had before. Only a little was different. Lucky for him his bracelets were never removed in the whole ordeal. He still had his ace hidden from the rest of them. He had replaced his training weights now that Zera-Shaal was dead he didn’t need to be on high alert. He thought about what it was like in his home world these days. He had met one other from his world that came almost a thousand years after him, the world had changed much, they no longer controlled the elements, and they were the elements.

Aikia walked out of the Inn in clean cloths that she had conjured. Wearing white pants and a blue blouse her already strange elegance was even more amplified. She noticed a strange boy walking her way. He gave of a strong demon aura. “Belial?”

Belial looked up at her; his head had been sunk in shame due to his strange appearance now. “Yes?”

“What exactly happened to you? You look well um younger, and well different.” Aikia said pointing at his eye.

Belial shook his head. “I attempted to copy your powers, and remake a body. As you can see it might not have worked as well as I’d have liked it to.” He sighed.

Aikia started laughing uncontrollably. “You’re so cute; just wait till Nichi sees you.”

Belial went red in the face for the first time he could remember. Just what he needed was the other to laugh at him.

Nichi could see Aikia coming his way. He could tell it was Belial near her. “Um Belial what are you doing?”

Both Aikia and Belial looked a little shocked that Nichi wasn’t laughing at him.

“I got bored.” Belial said giving out a sigh of relief.

Nichi shook his head. Nothing could surprise him with what had been going on recently, until he saw from the corner of his eye Malice.

Malice was smiling widely and looked too happy to be human. Titania in arm with him was riding the wind through town. They stopped at the inn and Titania went in, she looked like she had yet to take a shower. Malice left her and came over to join the others.

“How’s it going guys?” He then noticed the odd looking elf boy. “Who is that?”

Aikia started laughing again.

Belial sat down and shook his head. “It’s me Belial; you could say I had a mishap with some magic.”

Malice looked at him and smiled. “I like that form more. You look more trustworthy as a kid.” He laughed.

Nichi looked at Malice and smiled. Nichi was really glad that he had loosened back up since Nichi had gotten back his body. “So lover boy how’s our new comrade?”

Malice shook his head quickly. “It’s not what you think! I’m just going to teach her how to use magic.”

“I didn’t ask for excuses I wanted to know how she is. Knowing there is little or no hope of going back to her world.” Nichi said amused by Malice’s reaction.

Malice shook his head some more. “Umm I think she is ok. I haven’t the heart to tell her no person has ever left this world.”

Nichi stood up and started to stretch. “Well that’s not true. There is a way to leave, isn’t that right Aikia?”

Aikia nodded. “The only problem is it’s in the center of the Black Spire.”

Belial looked interested. “What is in the middle of the Black Spire?”

“There is a portal that can send you wherever you wish to go.” She said.

Malice looked at Aikia oddly. “Then why would those demons care to destroy the world over not being able to return to their own worlds?”

“That’s because demons can’t use it.” Nichi said. “You can’t be a full demon to use it.”

Malice scratched his chin in thought.

Magus walked in on the group talking, having heard about the portal. “That great news, I wont have to stay here forever.” He gave out a sigh of relief.

Nichi looked into the sky. He wondered if he too should return to his world.

Titania came out shortly after and sat with them as they all talked of the adventure so far. They sat there until the sun set and then went to turn in for the night.

The next morning Nichi was again under the tree only this time he was practicing his fighting. Only he and Belial were awake at his hour. Nichi unleashed some of his best moves over and over again on different minor demons that Belial summoned.

Meanwhile two weeks riding distance from them.

The front gate had been shattered by the force of the bettering rams that hailed the doors. The army of Gracia stood fast against the legions left by none other then Valmarus. Ishia and her army of Angelitus tore through the enemy forces with ease. Lucky for Gracia Valmarus was only there to test the forces of Gracia and did not stay long enough to loose all of his troops and have to take the city himself. The battle lasted two weeks, but Gracia was well prepared and casualties were minimal.

Ishia sat in court for the first time since her 699th anniversary. “We have just seen the beginning of the movement that will determine if the world as a whole will live of fall. Have he heard anything of were Nichi and his companions are?”

“We have, they recently took the second city and should be done with the third.” A member of the council said.

“Good someone send an envoy to tell them of the attack and to come as soon as they can to help with re-securing the city.”

“Right away madam, just one thing, we heard rumors of the silver knight being in the same area as them.” The man reported.

Ishia looked at him in horror. ‘Dacono lived!’ “Send warning of this to Nichi as well.”

Dacono was Nichi’s older brother from the same world as him. Dacono’s mind was torn apart when he entered this Palis and had made him into a madman, a madman with insane power.

(Remember its going to take a while for the messenger to come so don’t post anything about it getting there, I’ll take care of that.)
Old 04-07-2005, 04:45 PM   #44

FFnut
Master Thief

Magus walked out of the inn, noticing Nichi and Malice practicing their fighting techniques. He took a deep breath of the clean air and smiled. As he started walking towards them, he remembered something and started gliding quickly.

Belial looked up from the minor demon summoning and noticed Magus floating a few inches above the ground towards them. He grinned. "Now this one's here. What does he want?"

Nichi turned towards Magus. "What's up?"

Magus stopped abruptly and lowered himself to the solid ground. "Nichi... who's Kain?"

Nichi and Belial looked like they had just been hit by bricks. "How do you know about Kain?" Belial's voice was a low whisper. "Who told you about..."

Magus was surprised. Is this Kain person really that bad? he wondered.

Nichi whispered as well. "Kain is... well... how do you know about him?"

Magus took the second piece of Dreamstone from his pocket. "The Dreamstone. I found another piece outside the town. I got a memory hidden within it transported into my brain, or something. That's why I wanted to know when it had last rained when I found the other one - the memory was of a rainy day. Now the person in this memory mentioned Kain. Who is it?"

Nichi nodded to Belial, who looked around to make sure nobody could hear before continuing. "One of the demons of the Spire of Khan. They're the rulers of Drasonia - the entire area outside of Gracia's jurisdiction."

Magus gasped. Schala... dammit... "So when are we going to this spire and killing these demons?"

Belial let out a cross between a cough and a laugh. "Killing these demons? You really think we can deal with these demons ourselves?"

Magus shook his head. "We have Titania. She took out your sleeper, didn't she? She should be able to take out these damned demons. I think we can- GAH!" He fell to the ground, looking as if a hurricane had just hit him. He was clutching his ears and rolling around on the ground.

The sound assaulting Magus's ears was deafening. He could feel it all around him, even if nobody else could. The sound grew ever louder...

Palis, The Year 699 Ishia, Somewhere

Schala screamed. She heard the same horrifying sound that Magus heard so far away. She held the sides of her head, trying to block it out. She felt the amazing force grow around her. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

The sound subsided. The feeling vanished. Magus stood up, looking as if he'd gotten a little drunk. He looked over at Nichi and Belial. "That was... the black wind..." he rasped. "It... travels through time and space... and worlds, as well... whenever some powerful evil occurs, it blows. It blew many times back on Earth... but never... it was never that strong..." He regained his composure. "Some sort of unbelievably terrible thing must be happening now. I mean, things that threatened the world itself never caused more than a slight breeze. That felt like a tornado. Only I can feel it... at least, back on Earth only three of us could. Myself, my mother and..." he trailed off. He closed his eyes. After a few breaths, he opened them again. "Well, guys, care to invite me to your little practice session?"

Official Ex-Member
Old 04-07-2005, 10:33 PM   #45

Zerlina
Chocobo Jockey

Titania quietly returned to the room, closing and locking the door behind her for fear of what murderous demons might emerge after dawn to hunt. As it stood, her thoughts did not travel far enough in the future to wonder whether going to sleep with a locked door would be good for the poor unfortunate who was supposed to share her room.

With a sigh, she sealed the windows and closed the drapes as well. For one so unfamiliar with the world it is hard to imagine what horrors the outside might hold, and so it is often found best to merely shut it out.

Her room a little safer, she sat on her bed and stared down at her dirty feet, wishing that her flight to the eidolon wall had taken place when she was wearing shoes.

Who could imagine that a hurricane had sent her so far away from home! Letting herself fall backward onto her uncomfortable mattress, she thought of everything she’d left behind, and soon realized that it would be a long time before she ever saw it again.

This new world was sickening. It was full of confusing cities, demons, darkness, and air so thick it stole your breath. The ground was rocky, foxes came to life as human spirits, and men went mad with hallucinations. The group was already established and she felt like an outsider, finding the only person she could really talk to so far was Malice. The entire journey to the town had made her aware of how much she was only watching the group- she was not yet part of them. So where in all of this chaos did she fit in? Why had she come here? Was Phoenix punishing her for some deed she never knew had been committed? …Perhaps then there was a way to return... maybe if the eidolons were appeased! But what would they want?

She thought for some time, letting the minutes pass arbitrarily.
Goodness perhaps? Or strength? Maybe devotion to the traditions of Madain Sari as some kind of proof of trust in the eidolons?
Crawling beneath the covers, she considered a hundred possibilities, the several voices of reason chattering on in her head like hungry vultures ready for a kill. Unable to think, unable to sleep, the Madain Sari girl climbed out of her bed, and took up a quill. People here seemed to speak the same language, so why shouldn’t they be able to read it?

Gone out. Don’t worry. Will be back before sunrise.

-Titania

Tying up her once-white robe, she stepped outside, placed the note in a crack in the door and took off for town.

Some time later, she arrived and waited on the ledge of the fountain, digging through her pockets for a small chisel that was once used to carve on the eidolon wall. Picking up a stone, she began to shape the crude figure of a bird, skilfully avoiding her fingers with the sharp edge. When at last her job was finished, she removed from her pocket a small jewel that had been given to her.

Oh well she thought, and cut off a piece, pressing it against the petrified bird to make a makeshift eye.

Suddenly something did not feel right.

Before she could ponder longer, she saw a shadow moving near an alley, and made for its direction

“Excuse me!” she called and ran barefoot in its direction, obviously having grown up in a fairly small community “Do you know whom I could trade for a pair of shoes? I have this...”

She produced the bird from her pocket and tried to get a better look at whoever it was she was conversing with, his momentary silence making her uneasy. With her free hand, she laid her fingers on her flute, just in case.

Last edited by Zerlina; 04-07-2005 at 11:48 PM.
Closed Thread