Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Off-Topic
Community Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic All things related to anything that doesn’t have to do with Final Fantasy should be posted here. (Keep it clean or be banned.)

Old 06-16-2007, 12:59 PM   #1

Gackt Camui
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to Gackt Camui Send a message via Yahoo to Gackt Camui
Lets dicuss a beloved artist...GACKT!!!

Okay so yeah this was attempted once before but the thread ended up being moved to spam so lets start over shall we.
This is not just a place for pics okay? We are going to discuss Gackt, his career, life and his music etc. What he plans to do in the near to far future. What we like so much about him or what we happen to not like about him. And if all you have to say is that he looks femanine then don't bother okay. We already know thanks.
This can also be a place for people that might not know much about him and wish to know more...to ask questions. Don't be afraid to say your opinion. I won't hurt anybody but just be weary that if you say something...I won't hesistate to put in my two cents, so if you don't like, for all of those who know how I feel about him if you don't want to hear it from me, just watch what you say. Thanks
PLEASE DO NOT SPAM THIS SECTION OKAY? If you have nothing constructive so say or comment on please come back later when more have posted to see if maybe you have something to say then.
Now that all of that has been dealt with lets begin!!!
Okay lets see Gackt was born July 4(isn't that awesome?) 1971.
His real name is Gackt Oshiro.
He is 5' 10"
His was orginally first apart of the band Malice Mizer, it was Cain's feel and then later Malice Mizer.(I have never heard any music by Cain's Feel no doubt in my mind that its good because well it had Gackt in it lol.) Even though he might be exceptionally good at, he always really hated playing it. He is extremely competative at everything he does. Always wanting to be the best at everything he attempts.
He plays piano, guitar, drums, trombone, trumpet, bass, and tuba.
Some little tidbits about Gackt :
He prefers candles over electric lights.
Was once a member of the famous Japanese band Malice Mizer.
Was forced to learn the piano and even though he hated it, still became very good.His name is spelled "Gakuto" in Japanese.
Reported to maintain a personal friendship with singer Ayumi Hamasaki.
He has two pets, a female Maine coon cat named Mei, and a female miniature dachshund dog named Belle Constantine Chappy.
The actors/actresses he admires are Sandra Bullock, Meg Ryan, John Travolta, and Nicholas Cage.
Final Fantasy characters, Cloud Strife, Squall Leonhart and Tidus are based off him.
Prefers Apple computers to PCs, and is such a fan of Apple that he owns no less than five machines and has become an unofficial spokesman for the company.
Was voted number one in ORICON Magazine's 'Sexiest Male Singer' ranking in September, 2005.
Why I like him so much:
What can I say. Not only is he extremely attractive but he is very talented and that is also very hot. He has such a suductive voice...high at some times low at others. Not to mention those blue eyes. Those crystal blue eyes. Kind seem like they are calling to you . If only they were huh?
I won't really say that I have a fave song...because I really don't they are all so good. I do really like Kimi ga matteiru kara, I could listen to that song over and over again right up until the day I die and still never get tired of...same with all his other music.
Now that I have told you a little bit about him and what I like..which you probably already knew. What do you guys have to say?
Old 06-16-2007, 01:25 PM   #2

dappa
Master Summoner

Re: Lets dicuss a beloved artist...GACKT!!!

I didn't know tidus and cloud were based on him too. I heard squall definately is. Squall appearance wise is closer to him than the other two.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:01 PM   #3

Gackt Camui
Master Summoner

See learn something new everyday. I do kind of see the Cloud resemblance...but thats only when he has the blonde spiked hair like Cloud. Any other time I would have to say that there is no resemblance. As for Tidus...No I don't see it but hey thats okay with me. Tidus is a cutey neways as is Gackt :P. Squall I don't kind of see it in the hair and all. That one from tactics or whatever you would have to ask Tifa what it is was supposed to be modeled right from Gackt's look and I must say they did a very good job because I can see it!
Do you by any chance have fave song by Gackt? Do you listen to his music at all?
Old 06-16-2007, 10:44 PM   #4

Tifa-chan
Gunblade Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to Tifa-chan

^^ First let me start by saying what a wonderful topic. Not lets all stay on topic shall we?

I have to agree, I can't say I have a favorit song by him. I truly do enjoy them all. Although when it comes to top songs, I would have to say his newest single: Returner- Yami no Shuuen-, Emu for my dear, tsuki no uta, Last song, and redemption are right up there.

Kelley I believe you are refurring to Genisis in Crisis Core. That is the most recent that Tetsuya-sama modled after him. He is also the voice actor for Genisis.

One of the things that really atracts me to him, besides looks, is his personality. Some say he is stuck up and self centered, but personaly I do not see it. I see a guy who likes to be funny, without really showing it. Who loves life, and his fans, even though it takes a lot for him to show it. His talent also gets to me. The fact that he has the drive to want to do good at everything is also a big plus for me. I find that very atractive in a guy.

My newest sig, please view with much love.
Tifa-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:01 PM   #5

Gackt Camui
Master Summoner

I know I just love the topic hence why I started it...again. :P

Yeah I agree with Tifa as she already knows but this is for anybody else who doesn't, all his songs are good. Some can get annoying if you listen to them to much like his fire song in my opinion for instance...but non the less good. :P. The songs that Tifa named are good if you were to listen to any songs by him for the first time along with Kimi ga matteiru kara and Vanilla are also some others you should listen too. *whispers* Lust for blood too!

Yeah thats the one I was talking about...Tactics. I got them confused lol. But yes that would be the one I am refering too. Sorry this is so small but this would be all I could find with out actually finding Gackt pics lol

Yeah I hear that he is but guess what? In a way I guess you can kind of say he has the right in some ways to be that way because he has earned it. I mean don't walk around punching people not saying that he does...but he can walk with his head held high because look at how famous he is! He's achieved so much; he's still going at it too.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:25 AM   #6

Tifa-chan
Gunblade Expert

*nods* I agree to that last part as well. But I watched a video on youtube yesterday. It was from his deoblose tour. He had a fan come up on stage and gave her a bunch of things, like his ring and guitar! And a hug -^_^-; Kawaii.

As for Genisis I have some scans on about it. I will post the link for them.
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...0Core%20Scans/
Also I just found out that Genisis' last name is Rhapsodos.

Anyhow this is the first to solidly be clamed to be based of Gackt. Which I find amazing. Not to sound mean, but if I had to modle someone famouse play a bad guy, it would be Gackt. He's just got the look for a bad guy character ^^

Old 06-25-2007, 07:43 PM   #7

dappa
Master Summoner

I'm not into this kind of music but I have heard the one that gackt did for ff7 dirge of cerberus, I quite liked it but didn't understand one word of it, lol.

He does look like he could be a film villain of some sort, maybe a martial arts film perhaps?
Old 06-26-2007, 07:32 AM   #8

Spec Highwind
The Portuguese Dragoon

Send a message via MSN to Spec Highwind Send a message via Yahoo to Spec Highwind

Square said that Cloud, Squall and Tidus aren't based off her... oops "^_^ 'him'.

Only "G", the misterious character from Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus/Crisis Core.

That character is even voiced by him.

But I don't think Cloud would be based off him... FF7 was released in 1997... Cloud must have been created in 1996, or something like that... in 1996 he was in a not-that-well-known band. According to Wikipedia, he started his solo career in 1999..

"My hopes live on in those who remain"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
omg.
that quote is totally going in my sig.
Spec Highwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:59 AM   #9

Tifa-chan
Gunblade Expert

lol, yesa but the resemblance is still quite there. And I wouldn't trust wiki too much there.

Yes Genisis is based off Gackt-sama and he voices the character, we know this ^^ I think it was a good idea to us him. I think it will help pull in more fans, because Gackt-sama is there. This is a plus for me because I am a fan girl of both ^^ So that is another reason why I am playing CC not just because it is a VII compilation and I have to know/own everything about it.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:47 PM   #10

dappa
Master Summoner

I think that squalls outfit is what makes him look like gackt.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:32 AM   #11

Tifa-chan
Gunblade Expert

*nods* I agree. He wore it durring his days in Malice Mizer. It was for their song Illuminati. ^^ I like the video...yes I know...creppy....but don't take it that way! Yes there was a lot of...sex...and blood in the video....but it's still a good song.

Anyhow! Back on topic. I am looking for a topic I found once that has pictures of Gackt and who he rezembles.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:50 PM   #12

Gackt Camui
Master Summoner

Gackt doesn't look like any body, its characters and such that look like him. He has been around longer. I think the whole Squall bull...is an insult because I can't stand his character.

But yeah he's been in a movie before refurring back to Dappa's comment; Moon Child its called...I am sure you already know lol. But yeah, he wasn't bad in that movie but none the less hot. I like his acting actually. Whether it was the fact that he was acting with somebody he knew very well(Hyde) or he's just that talented. Probably both . But it was good...if you haven't seen it, I suggest doing so because its good. Except for the ending. Watch and you'll find out.

Tifa isn't he suppose to be in another movie? Or am I just losing my mind?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:46 PM   #13

Tifa-chan
Gunblade Expert

^^ Yes and he started in a Tv for the last ep! Fuurin Kazan ^^ The movie he is going to be in is called the "Prestige"
Also Gackt-sama's new Group Skins will be in Los Angeles on June 29th for their first single and they will be performing! Miyavi is also going to be a guitarist in the group, along with (For all you Luna Sea fans) Sugizo ^^

Also here are some cute quotes from Gackt-sama put together on www.gackt-camui.net, under their Gacktisum section ^^

"A woman's flexibility and a man's strength . . . put them together and you'll have a body like mine."

"We'd be better off if we only had the words 'I love you.'"

"I like both men and women as long as they are beautiful. I'd be so happy if everyone in the world became cute... "

"My enemies are: sugar, cockroaches... and then, women (laughs)."

"With each sadness a woman gets more beautiful. I wonder if with each sadness a man gets stronger."

"I'm the most natural when I'm naked. I'm often buck-naked at home." <---- O_O GACKT-SAMA I WANT TO BE HOME WITH YOU!

O_O whoa...Gackt-sama is 1/4th FRENCH! and 3/4 Japanese! No wonder he likes french stuff!

[Quoted from Gackt-camui.net]

adores Hyde, vocalist of L'arc-en-ciel (in French means Rainbow). Once has even sad: "Lets take Hyde, for example... When I'm with him I always think: Even this is love... Or at least a sentiment very close to it. That smile is a sin [...] If he was a girl, I probably would fall in love with him: I like this kind of person. [...] If there was a girl kind and sweet like Hyde, I think I would fall in love with her.
Together they have acted in the film MOON CHILD and they had much success!!! I would really see it in Italian!!!
Moreover, listen to what they have told during a press conference for the film Moon Child:
Gackt: I think it was destiny to meet him... And he said the same thing. Hyde: Once I was sleeping. When I woke up, the face of Gacchan (Hyde always call him this way!!!) was just in front of mine and he said I was really surprised!
Gackt: fufufu... (laughing) He's so cute! Even men fall in love with him!
[End Quote}

SO CUTE!

Old 07-03-2007, 12:57 PM   #14

Gackt Camui
Master Summoner

Yeah for anybody who wants to know a little more about SKINS check out their website that Tifa gave me. http://www.skin-online.net/main.html

He is to cute! I have been obsesively listening to his song Returner since I took it off esnips. I would have to say right now at this moment in time it is my fave song lol.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #15

Tifa-chan
Gunblade Expert

^^ I got to listen to some of S.K.I.N's songs Via Youtube, from their live debue at Anime Expo over the corse of the weekend. Amazing, I can already tell this is going to be awsome. Gackt as vocals and piano *I do hope he also places his acustic guitar!*, Miyavi as guitarist, Toshiki on drums and piano, and Sugizo on violin and guitar! *sigh* Simply and amazing group put together. I am looking for any clues as to when their first Single comes out, but so far nothing. I can imagine with their debute though, it has to be soon though. None the less I shall keep looking and keep everyone posted.