Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy VII
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy VII The Legendary Final Fantasy! Come talk about this classic Hit from 1997

Old 05-30-2005, 03:32 PM   #1
goku
T-Rexuar Snack

Send a message via MSN to goku
Wink sometime cloud said to tifa him love her?

many peaples said had seen tifa was fallin in love with him.it's truth or false.
in your opinion.would cloud stay together with her?
Old 05-30-2005, 04:23 PM   #2

Spiff
Kung-Fu Fighter

Send a message via AIM to Spiff Send a message via MSN to Spiff
No, on average couples get divorced in about three years.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:32 AM   #3

Wezzy
Chocobo Jockey

Send a message via MSN to Wezzy
i think that they would stay together...purely to do with the fact it's final fantasy. But that is only if they got together in the first place. He may still be hurting from Ares's death (i thnik he loved her) so i really don't know
Old 06-04-2005, 05:13 AM   #4

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

I don't really see any lovey dovey in that game at all. Just childhood friendship between Cloud and Tifa that has them close but only as friends who shared the grief of losing friends and family when their home town burned down, and a bit of flirting between Cloud and Aeris (geez its hard to remember their real names, I have a default set I always change them to ).
Old 06-04-2005, 10:40 AM   #5

Wezzy
Chocobo Jockey

Send a message via MSN to Wezzy
I never change their names.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:19 AM   #6

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart
Arkacia, have you forgot the scene at the end of the 2nd disc, where everyone has gone home except Cloud and Tifa who are left alone? They are sitting together on a rock below the Highwind and Tifa is leaning against Cloud, and she says "This day will never come again, so let me have this moment" when he wakes her up when it's still dark.. and then she gets embarrased back on the Highwind when she realizes Barret and Cid were watching them
Memories will fade
ShadowHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 03:46 PM   #7

johnnylumpkin
Moogle Farmer

Send a message via AIM to johnnylumpkin
nope,I wouldn't.
johnnylumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 06:38 PM   #8

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowheart
Arkacia, have you forgot the scene at the end of the 2nd disc, where everyone has gone home except Cloud and Tifa who are left alone? They are sitting together on a rock below the Highwind and Tifa is leaning against Cloud, and she says "This day will never come again, so let me have this moment" when he wakes her up when it's still dark.. and then she gets embarrased back on the Highwind when she realizes Barret and Cid were watching them
I still think thats more close friendship than anything else. Those two have a unique relationship because of growing up together and what happened to their town. The comment could have just meant the chance to rest and enjoy a little peace after all the battles and danger they'd been through and the embaressment could have been because she thought Barret and Cid were thinking the wrong thing .

I guess its down to the individual players interpretation and mine is that they're more like brother and sister than anything closer .
Old 06-13-2005, 06:47 PM   #9

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Heh. Well, I do think Tifa developed feelings for him during the course of the game. Not sure what Cloud thought though, he never seem to share his emotions on such matters.

Oh and btw.. after you fight the Demon Wall at the Temple of the Ancients, Cait Sith comes in through the door and Aeris asks him how compatible she is with Cloud.. Cait Sith starts doing his predicting moves, then turns his back towards the others and says "This isn't good. I can't say it. Poor Tifa.". This is, in my opinion, a direct hint that Tifa has feelings for Cloud. Why else would Cait Sith say this? The prediction is that Aeris and Cloud are "perfect for each other", why didn't he want to tell them if Tifa merely considered Cloud a friend?

What do you think?
Memories will fade
Old 06-13-2005, 09:22 PM   #10

Zerlina
Chocobo Jockey

You're all guys, aren't you?
Old 06-13-2005, 10:19 PM   #11

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

Nope, I'm not a guy .

Shadowheart, you could be right about Tifa having feelings for Cloud (I'd forgotten about that part of the game), but neither of them acted on that. In fact I doubt Cloud even knew or cared .

Personally I hate romantic twadle in computer games, especially RPG/action games where the aim is to run around killing things, not the boy meets girl rubbish. Why developers try to put kissy kissy into them is beyond me. If its to attract female players, then its backfired on them because that has never made me want to buy or play a game. The romatic stuff in FF8 and FF9 annoyed the heck out of me and I tend to rush through those parts of those games just to get past the crap.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:15 AM   #12

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Re: sometime cloud said to tifa him love her?

Heh, I don't mind romantic "twaddles", if they are done well. I don't mind the one in FFVIII as I don't think it's that bad, and the one in FFX is just beautiful in my opinion (I'm thinking about the water scene, and it adds a lot of emotions to the ending as well). And I have to disagree with you on RPGs being about running around killing things - I think RPGs are about the story, how the characters interact, develop and about exploring an entire world. Monsters/fights in general are a natural part of this, and bosses usually come with the story. If you only wanted to kill things, then you may as well go play an action game or something like Diablo which has a little bit of story but in the end is mostly about killing monsters and equipping your characters

Anyway.. well, I think Tifa was simply too shy to let Cloud how she felt. In the Gold Saucer right before going to the Temple of the Ancients, you go on a date with either one of the girls or Barret, as you know. And if you get Tifa as your date, at the end of the date sequence she seems to be trying to tell Cloud something but she doesn't dare to. This _could_ be about Cloud and his memories not being right, but I've always thought about it as that she's trying to tell him how she feels, probably because of that one scene at the Temple of the Ancients (I saw that scene before Tifa's date sequence.. got Aeris as the date on the first few times through). And at that scene at the end of the 2nd disc, she just wants to have that moment with him but she doesn't dare to tell him how she feels.

Yeah, I think she's just too shy. But then again, I think it's good in a way that it is doesn't go any further than that (than just hints of her feelings), because there are so many ways they could have screwed that one up.
Memories will fade
Old 09-21-2005, 08:59 AM   #13
Midnight Angel
T-Rexuar Snack

Smile Re: sometime cloud said to tifa him love her?

Hey guys I just signed up anyway I was reading your posts and did you all forget the countless times throughout the game that Tifa has made it so obvious she loves Cloud it's not funny. Whether Cloud feels the same way about her has never been stated for sure.

But seriously think about it on the train to the reactor Tifa says "Too late to turn back now" and then Cloud says "Why did you come anyway" "Because......." but Barret interrupts them.

Or in the temple of the ancients when CaitSith it making the prediction if Tifa's there she says "What tell me I won't get mad" but she starts tapping her foot when he says it "You 2 were made for each other".

Or when Cloud gets sick Tifa stays right with him the whole time yep she loves him no doubt about it but Cloud never said I love you to her he was cold to her at the start then. The subject never really was brought up by him at all. The only other time it came up was their talk at the end of disk 2 with tifa's line "Cloud there's more ways to show how you feel than just with words let me show you" Personally I thought she said "Let me tell you" but my brother swears it was let me show you and he thought they had a special moment but I don't think so.

I personally think Cloud loved Aeris though, he seemed to warm up a lot more after he met her. And Tifa kept her feelings to herself for way to long she should have said something anything but then again maybe Cloud was oblivious to her attempts to let him know I mean he didn't exactly get that Aeris had a thing for him either or if he did he didn't really care about either girls attempts.

Anyway that's what I think but hey I could be wrong.

'Without suffering there would be no compassion'

"Do the wave for Boromir the disco king"

'Hmm is it just me or is Aragorn cheating'

'Live each day like it's your last'

I'm spying on you

You shouldn't judge a person until you've walked a mile in there shoes, because when you do your a mile away and you have their shoes.
Midnight Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:51 AM   #14

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Since you weren't sure about what exactly Tifa said, here it is, copied from the FF7 Game Script FAQ at GameFAQs (the Game Script for a game comes in useful in these situations):

Cloud: Hey Tifa...... I...... There are a lot of things I wanted to talk to you
about. But now that we're together like this, I don't know what I really wanted
to say... I guess nothing's changed at all... Kind of makes you want to laugh...

Tifa: Cloud... Words aren't the only thing that tell people what you're
thinking...

Cloud: ............
Memories will fade
Old 09-21-2005, 02:19 PM   #15

Necro Mortis
T-Rexuar Snack

heheh, that was great. Made me chuckle anyway. Kind of an adult refrence, huh?
Necro Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote