Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:24 AM   #1

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
How have you asked another out?

K, so I was at homegroup tonight and we were talking about male/female relationships; specifically, how one might ask the opposite sex out on a date...even a social 'date.'

So here's why the post: we want to know how you may have asked a new friend, casual acquaintance, love interest, etc. out the first time. What words did you use, how was your composure at the time, and...perhaps more importantly, your would-be date's reaction to your proposal. Please be as honest as possible.

You may also wish to state your reaction to a proposed date... its all good.

I guess I'll begin.

I met Susie at work. She's Asian, so she kinda stood-out (in a good way.) I was never candid with my emotions, so - opposed to stating my interest in intimate dating - I asked her to coffee one night before we elected to work some overtime hours. It was really casual/simple. We had a fabulous time getting to know one another and a few weeks later we had breakfast. We developed a really strong friendship that lasts to this day...romance came a couple of months later (this was over 4 years ago now.)

So how about it. I'll post another story here once in a while as needed to keep the thread alive.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:59 AM   #2
Luis
·· Fresón rebelde ··

Re: How have you asked another out?

But is it referred to finding someone to be with(girl/boyfriend) or to have a fling?
Old 03-01-2007, 09:02 AM   #3

Phoenix Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasoniamalive
K, so I was at homegroup tonight and we were talking about male/female relationships; specifically, how one might ask the opposite sex out on a date...even a social 'date.'
Just for laughs, or because you have a genuine interest in getting to know the person better.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:25 AM   #4
Luis
·· Fresón rebelde ··

lol
Then it depends on your specific interest, the other person, the culture...
It also depends on whether the other person is easy going or not.
If it's just for laughs, the other person knows it, and you think you may have fun together, just ask for it. Or if he/she tells you something that is happening to him/her, you may also ask for meeting him/her in a quite place, such that you both talk about that.
But first of all, both of you must have some connection. It's not like meeting a person in the street, and then just saying: 'Perhaps we could meet sometimes!' (though, now that I'm thinking about it... I've made it! O_o But in Germany, and the situation is completely different.)
I think I'm going nowhere with my explanation... XD I'm not sure what do you want me to say reason XD
I'll try it with an example.
I was in Germany, in a disco, waiting in the queue for the checkroom. And I was talking with a Spanish friend of mine (in Spanish, obviously). Then we accidentally pushed the girl behind us, and we said sorry. Then, she 'tried' ('cuz she was german) to say 'Don't worry' in Spanish. Then we started talking to her in German. I ended talking to her in German. After some of her 'Spanish exhibitions' then I suggested her to be m4h Tandem partner. (Which means, we talk for a while in German, so I can learn German and she corrects me, and then in Spanish.) She agree'd, and then she gave me her cell number. I told her I'd call her.
I never did it XD But only 'cuz I was really busy by then! =\

Here in Spain, I used to ask to m4h classmates their number, then sometimes I sent a SMS, just to ask how is everything going. And in time, that makes a connection which gives you a 'reason/excuse' to ask him/her to meet for a while.

Last edited by Luis; 03-01-2007 at 09:34 AM.
Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:29 AM   #5

Phoenix Flame

Perfect example... thanks Luis.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:35 AM   #6
Luis
·· Fresón rebelde ··

ˇDe nada! XD I only had to remember XD lol
Old 03-01-2007, 10:38 AM   #7

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis
ˇDe nada! XD I only had to remember XD lol
XD

I matured early for m4h age. As in, I wasn't thinking about "smex smex smex" when I was in high school =D. I was trying to score a woman and have a good time, but learn also. The learning part didn't happen much. XD

So when I was a freshman at high school (this is before I met Janice. =S), I met this fine girl. @_@. Her name was Ashley Richardson. She was a Sophomore though, so at the time, I thought I could never win her heart over. XD

When I gathered information that she was single, the next day, I clung to her. In other words, I stayed around her. All day. She thought it was cute. And a little wierd. XD The next day, I got her a bouquet of roses. Not A rose, mind you, that ;cen stops after you grow up. XD

She thought it was very affectionate, and gave me her phone number. Then I just called her and asked her out on a date. =D

It didn't last though, that's the ironic part!

XDD
Old 03-01-2007, 12:56 PM   #8
Luis
·· Fresón rebelde ··

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra
XD

I matured early for m4h age. As in, I wasn't thinking about "smex smex smex" when I was in high school =D. I was trying to score a woman and have a good time, but learn also. The learning part didn't happen much. XD

So when I was a freshman at high school (this is before I met Janice. =S), I met this fine girl. @_@. Her name was Ashley Richardson. She was a Sophomore though, so at the time, I thought I could never win her heart over. XD

When I gathered information that she was single, the next day, I clung to her. In other words, I stayed around her. All day. She thought it was cute. And a little wierd. XD The next day, I got her a bouquet of roses. Not A rose, mind you, that ;cen stops after you grow up. XD

She thought it was very affectionate, and gave me her phone number. Then I just called her and asked her out on a date. =D

XDD
It doesn't matter. You got it. That's the point! XD ;wel
You're my hero! XD lmao ;ble
Old 03-01-2007, 12:59 PM   #9

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Lol, oh please. XD

I haven't had a lot of girlfriends. XD

Just a few long lasting ones.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:12 PM   #10

Keelus Mclain II
T-Rexuar Snack

Send a message via AIM to Keelus Mclain II

I dont know
I've never asked anyone out really

Would making a basketball shot = a date be considered 'asking out'?

anyway that was long ago.
i dont even date now

;ouc
Keelus Mclain II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #11

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

You don't even date "now"?

You're only fifteen! XD

Give it a chance later. =D
Old 03-02-2007, 06:13 AM   #12

Phoenix Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra
XD

XDD

What about Janice... speaking of that - and before I forget - WTF are you going to post a pic of you too nOObz? LOL! ...tell us how you scored her! Nao!!!

;unc

Or I'll send him to get ya ^___^
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:06 PM   #13

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasoniamalive
What about Janice... speaking of that - and before I forget - WTF are you going to post a pic of you too nOObz? LOL! ...tell us how you scored her! Nao!!!

;unc

Or I'll send him to get ya ^___^
Don't you mean HTF and not WTF? XD
Old 03-02-2007, 02:23 PM   #14

Mong00se
Moogle Farmer

Well you see children. When a man and a woman love eachother, they sometimes cannot hold back their feelings for one another, and they engage in sexual intercourse... oh is this not the sex ed thread (yes rhyming)?

Well, I can't say I've ever really conventionally asked out a girl. I'm 18 and really only had two serious relationships. The first just kinda happened and was unspoken, even though we knew we were going out. One day she asked me 'Are we going out?" and without missing a beat I said "well I certainly hope so!"

The other I'd been into for a long time, and she was from out of town. When we finally got together (mind you we were at a summer camp most of the summer with eachother), I said "so, where do we go from here?" and she kissed me. My own smoothness sometimes eludes even me

Mong00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:06 PM   #15

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mong00se
Well you see children. When a man and a woman love eachother, they sometimes cannot hold back their feelings for one another, and they engage in sexual intercourse... oh is this not the sex ed thread (yes rhyming)?

Well, I can't say I've ever really conventionally asked out a girl. I'm 18 and really only had two serious relationships. The first just kinda happened and was unspoken, even though we knew we were going out. One day she asked me 'Are we going out?" and without missing a beat I said "well I certainly hope so!"

The other I'd been into for a long time, and she was from out of town. When we finally got together (mind you we were at a summer camp most of the summer with eachother), I said "so, where do we go from here?" and she kissed me. My own smoothness sometimes eludes even me
It eludes me too.

=D

I've had three. One lasted a few months, one lasted a month(Ashley. XD), and there's one in motion right now. =P