Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Non-Gaming Related > Hardware Heaven
Community Mark Forums Read

Hardware Heaven Computer hardware discussion, talk about everything from performance, problems, and ask for help. NO game talk.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:55 AM   #1
BETA
T-Rexuar Snack

Gaming Keyboard/Mice

I was wondering which was better. Is the Logitech MX518 better than the Razer Diamondback Plasma?

I want it for gaming and just work/surfing and life.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:11 PM   #2

Leon
Lugeo Spiritus

Re: Gaming Keyboard/Mice

Well a few people I know have those two, so I'll just post their experiences:

"The Razer Diamondback Plasma was incredibly accurate and the main buttons were well designed. The mouse was great for lefty or righty gamers, but some felt it was slightly uncomfortable.

The Logitech’s MX518, a mouse similar in features, but cheaper in price to the Razer Diamondback."

MX518 Technical Specifications:
• Image Processing: 5.8 mega pixels/second
• Resolution: 1600-dpi native, adjustable to 400- and 800-dpi
• Acceleration: 15 g
• Throughput: 16 bit/axis USB data format, and 125/sec USB report rate

"The nice thing about the MX518 compared to the Razer is it has on the fly resolution adjustments in hardware. No drivers required to switch between the 3 settings. There is a little + and – button above and below the scroll wheel to accomplish this.

The MX518 is definitely heavier than the Razer. The buttons on the MX518 are one solid piece of plastic, instead of the nice huge rubber grips on the Diamondback. The mouse has a “dented” metal look to it, and has a pretty nice black and silver color scheme."

"The MX518 performs on par with the Razer, though I think it’s SLIGHTLY less accurate. Using the mouse is effortless and it glides around with ease while gaming. I found sniping and shooting just as easy as compared to the Razer.

Using the mouse was easy and effortless for everyday functions, and the ease of the on the fly resolution adjust with a quick click is much better than holding a button and using the scroll wheel like the Diamondback. Because the MX518 felt a little more solid, I found it easier to use for everyday functions.

The mouse is definitely designed for righty gamers only. It’s contoured to your hands shape, and rests your thumb along the side in a ridge. There are button, and forward and a back here that are easy to press and discern between."

"I really like the MX518. In fact, I do think I like it better than Razer Diamondback. Even though it doesn't feel as accurate, it's more than adequate for gaming. The comfort level for me personally is much improved for the Diamondback, but this is a righty only mouse. The MX518 has a much better implementation of on the fly resolution adjustment. Overall it's a winner."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
This forum will never end. I has gone through some rough times lately, but it will never be shut down!!
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote