Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > RPG Stories > The Story of Palis
Community Mark Forums Read

The Story of Palis A continuing story of worlds trapped in war, where their only hope are Heroes from other worlds.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:47 PM   #1

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~
The temple was cold, dry and very old. Ashlyn stood and looked around her, a huge temple of the air god, but nothing like hers. She could hear a monks voice coming closer; she quickly raced up the side of the shrine wall freezing the sweat in her hands to stick to the walls.

“I admit that I saw the light come through the temple glyph but I don’t see anyone here.” The priest said to another that followed him close.

Ashlyn was surprised to hear them speaking the same language she used, even though the writing was far different from her own. She dropped down silently and calmly walked up. “I think I might have been that light you saw.”

The second monk screamed and backed away pointing but not saying a thing. The other stood still and looked over Ashlyn. ”I see, you don’t look like you’re from here.”

“I don’t even know where here is.” She said looking around. “But sure is beautiful!”

“Where are you from then?” The monk said standing still and calm.

“Devilvain Mountain! I don’t think that’s on this planet though, I don’t sense anyone else like me here.” Ashlyn’s tail swished back and forth as she looked around the room.

“Are your people good or evil?” The monk swallowed hard.

“My people, hmm my race is a very violent and powerful race that kills mercilessly and has no better sense of justice then their own honor and pride, damn them all! Kicked me out! Why…….” Ashlyn said falling to her knees and crying near the air god statue.

“Why did you get kicked out?” The Monk asked.

“You see my Silver hair? It’s the mark of a healer, a wind and water user. Only there is no water in my home world, its forbidden because of the threat water and wind have to fire and earth. I was banished and raised by air monks. The only peaceful remnant of my world.” Ashlyn said between sobs.

The statue of Shu’s eyes began to glow. “Listen my child, that world tested you for this one, you will face many hardships here, but you will find happiness, friends, and a reason for life here.” Shu spoke, and then went back to normal.

“Not in a thousand years has a god spoken.” The monk said grabbing Ashlyn’s arm. “No god has spoken to an outsider ever! You must have a purpose, please we must allow you to stay here as our guests till your ready to go.”

“Thank you!” Ashlyn said. “My name is Ashlyn, but I go by Lyn.”

Last edited by ~Hidan~; 01-12-2013 at 02:37 PM.
~Hidan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #2

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~
Re: The Nation of Shu

The Town was small, in its center was the Temple Lyn had just walked out of, around its basin were many small shops, and outside of that many farms on the river, a very simple quite town, no guards or sign of military, a very different world from her own.

“As you can see we are a simple people, mostly because of where we are in the world. Its nice though the other nations don’t seem to even know we are here, a hard place to live, but at least its not in the five nation war.” The monk said as they walked through the town.

As Lyn got closer she could tell the town was in poverty, the buildings around her were basically falling into the ground. A slight sigh came from her. “So I am right to assume that this county is dying though.”

The monk nodded. “They blocked off the river sometime last year, they don’t let enough water reach us so we are probably going to disappear in the next ten years.”

At the end of the small street they came to a large stone building, the priests sanctum. “Hold it, you know no outsiders are welcome in the sanctum.” The monk guarding the door said coldly.

“Step aside, cant you even tell, she’s no normal mortal. Just look at the tail and small horns.” As the monk began to say this he stopped and turned to Lyn with a raised eyebrow. “Wait a second, horns and a tail, just what are you?”

Lyn looked around as she felt pressure she had felt only once before, when she was three and her hair turned silver. “I am a Devilari, a descendent of devils, the core of all evil existence in the universe. Once every couple of thousand years a silver haired child is born, in the past those with silver hair were considered holy. But now we are banished, only the monks of the sky will take in a Silver haired Devilari. Unlike the rest of my clan I cannot manipulate earth or fire. I do not have the destructive power that a Black or Red haired member of my clan has. I am from an evil race, but I was given the power to heal, and create life in ways that scare my race. That is what I am.” Lyn said as she raised her hand up and pointed a few yards in front of the sanctum.

The monks watched in amazement as the sand they had just walked over slowly sank a little, then turned dark with moisture, sinking again a small pond of pure water remained. “Lyn is that really…..?”

Lyn nodded. “I told you I am a life bringer, the most feared creature in all of Devildice. Now am I aloud in, or should I just be on my way?”

The Monks both looked at each other. “You really are here for a reason. Please come in.” The guard moved out of the way, bowing slightly to Lyn, the laughter of kids could be heard as the door started to close behind her, she looked back to see children drinking the water, they instantly looked healthier and happier.

“Lord Obu are you here?” The monk called.

“I am.” Obu walked of the corner of the room and walked over to Lyn. “Thank you my child, you have brought hope to this town. The spring you made will bring new life to us.”

Lyn smiled slightly. “The water is enriched, so only use it for human a animal care, it won’t help crops. It will remove the sickness I felt in this town.”

“Lord Obu, this is the one that caused the light in the temple.”

“I know, I am supprised to see a Devilari here.” Obu said pulling off his over robe, under a large tail came around to the front, a sign of the Devilari male. Then he pulled off his hat to reveal short black fire hair. He knelt down and bowed. “I am Obu Markitus son of the third ruler of Devildice. I came here six thousand years ago, but never would I think another of my kind would end up here, let alone a silver haired child. You must have many stories to tell about the royal city.”

Lyn stepped back. “What kind of trick is this? A blackflame, a royal blackflame? Bowing to me? Just what kind of joke is this? If you knew anything about Devildice you would know I am an outcast and have never seen the inside of the city.” Lyn said as she started to float off the ground.

“What! You’ve never seen the inside of the city? And your and outcast! What has happened to my world?” Obu said this as tears of silver ran down his face.

“Oh, wait a second you haven’t been there for a long time right? Maybe you left before my kind were considered a threat, and became banished.” Lyn said calming down.

“When I was there last, the Silver haried maidens were a sign of power, and connection with the gods, the royal healers, and usually, the wives of the most powerful lords, or even kings.”

Lyn Nodded. “I knew of these times, but that is beside the point. Why haven’t you done more for these people?”

“I can’t bend earth, not here, the sand is to hard to move. Fire doesn’t do much to help either. The only thing I could do is join the war, but no medic can help a Devilari. Only medicine from our world, or the healing touch of silver haired can help me. I am weak now too, I haven’t been able to use my powers here.” Obu said feeling disgrace.

“Well keep leading this town, I’ll fix the water problem. Tell me more about the war.” Lyn sat down.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:10 AM   #3

TritonX
T-Rexuar Snack

“Hey Alice, wait up a second! Have you heard anything about the repair status of our mechs? The Ayakashi have been more active lately. The Death Adder mission logs say more of them are coming out of stasis daily. They may be getting ready to make their final push to take over the Zardelac home world. Of course that means stopping off here to make some more converts,“ said Soren as he chased down Alice.

“That is true, but unfortunately repairs are nowhere near complete. We really tore our Jackel VXs up in that last fight. I just hope that they don’t attack for awhile, otherwise we are going to have to use basic suits. Can you imagine it, Shell 4 soldiers wearing grunt armor? Nykoren would have a fit!” exclaimed Alice.

Just then a loud piercing siren went off causing the both Soren and Alice to wince and cover their ears. It was the Level 1 crisis siren.

“Crap looks like they’re here. Grab a random mech and let’s go, they’ll brief us as we head out,” yelled Soren over the sound of the alarm.

Unfortunately the two were in the base’s gym, the structure farthest away from the launch hangers. Alice and Soren ran as fast as they could, but by the time they got there all that was left was the training units. The training mechs were old single pilot mech models known as Off-road Mark 8s nicknamed “Off the Marks” because of their clunky maneuvering and lack of precise weapon controls. Each of the two got into a unit and started up the communications systems. They then changed their call signs from training to their Shell call signs. Almost immediately they heard Colonel Nykoren’s voice booming over the radio.

“Soren, Alice, what the hell are you doing? The computer says you are piloting Off the Marks? This is no time to joke around. We have never dealt with this level of threat before. The invaders are all Home World Prime Ayakashi. The bastards wiped out Shell 6 and 7 almost immediately. There are seven total, but their behavior is different from normal. They are tearing up the city searching for something in an organized manner rather than just the general chaos and murder we are used to. The weakest one has broken through the backline and seems to be heading for Sector 6 Area 10. You two get into your mechs and hold him off till back up arrives. It will most likely be a squad from Shell 2 since they will be closest,” reported Colonel Nykoren as he summed up the situation.

“We got a problem Colonel. Our suits are still in repairs and Off the Marks are all that’s available. We are standing by for instructions,” said Soren.

“Damn, well we don’t have a choice. If that Ayakashi makes it past Sector 6, he will enter the residential area and at that point the number of casualties will increase dramatically. Hold him as long as you can and we will send back up as soon as it’s available. Now launch those piles of crap and slow down the fucker!” exclaimed Colonel Nykoren.

“Roger that! Shell 4 assault team 8 heading out,” said Alice and Soren in unison.

The two fired up the Off the Marks and hurried to point of interception. All the while they could hear the straining of hydraulics and creaking of metal as the mechs strained under the pressure of being thrown into max throttle.

“This is not good Alice. These suits can barely handle moving at max speed, what will happen when we are in combat? I think the best strategy is for you stay back and snipe while I fight up close. If my suit starts failing, I will try to hold him down long enough for you to get a clean shot,” suggested Soren.

“Sounds good, but don’t go dying on me trying to be a hero,” remarked Alice.

The two soldiers reached the target area which was an old oil refinery on the edge of the industrial district. As they scanned the area, the Ayakashi made his presence known by rupturing multiple large oil containment units behind the two soldiers. The resulting explosion sent shockwaves through the refinery. The air became thick with smoke and flame and the force of the explosion knocked the mechs into a concrete wall. The hydraulics of Alice’s unit was rendered completely useless by the impact. The left arm of Soren’s unit was rendered inactive, but he could still move.

Before Soren could get up, a seven foot tall Ayakashi came sailing through the smoke with a double sided axe raised overhead. The Ayakashi’s axe came down on Soren’s left shoulder as he tried to roll out of the way to dodge. This resulted in a slash that cut through the upper layers of the armor, but didn’t cut clean through. Soren got the mech to its feet and ejected the left arm, exposing his own arm to the smoldering air of burning refinery.

“Alice, are you ok?” bellowed Soren as he drew a vibro blade in his right hand and prepared to fend off the Ayakashi.

“Crap! The controls aren’t responding, but I can still move the arms a bit. Draw him back a little and I can shoot him,” said Alice as she frantically checked the computer diagnostics to see what was still online.

Soren drew his Luger P08 in his left hand, fired at the Ayakashi, and began to run away from Alice. The Ayakashi blocked the shots with his axe and ran towards the concrete wall, jumped up, and kicked off of it propelling him toward Soren. Soren turned just in time to block the Ayakashi’s downward swipe. The force of the blow, and the fact that Soren was of balance, knocked Soren to the floor and sent the sword flying out of his hand in the opposite direction. Before the Ayakashi could take advantage of the situation, Alice was able to get a shot off with her sniper rifle. The shot hit the Ayakashi in right shoulder causing him to howl. The Ayakashi in anger turned his attention to Alice.

“Too bad for you Meat! If you had just stayed down and stayed quiet I might have let you live,” snarled the Ayakashi as he walked over to Alice.

“Die you filthy beast!” exclaimed Alice as she took another shot which pierced the Ayakashi’s lower abdominal area.

The Ayakashi cackled, “Do you think your pathetic weapons can hurt me? Look I am already healing Meat.”

By the time the Ayakashi walked over to Alice, his wounds had healed. He smacked the gun out of Alice’s grip with the back of his hand. He then grabbed the helmet of Alice’s mech and lifted her off the ground and began to tear off the armor piece by piece to get to the pilot within. Soren, in the meantime, was struggling to get his mech operational. The hydraulics were completely destroyed when he was knocked to the ground. He struggled frantically to get anything to work as he heard Alice screaming for help. Finally, he was able to get the armor ejection system to work ,burst forth from mech, and charged the Ayakashi who had already stripped Alice’s mech’s arms and legs off, living Alice’s limbs exposed.

Soren drew his daggers and rushed the Ayakashi stabbing the beast in the back. The Ayakashi howled, and flung Alice aside so he could deal with Soren. The Ayakashi swung his axe at Soren. Soren managed to dodge the blow and the Ayakashi’s axe, whose blade sunk deep in to the ground. Soren used the axe’s haft as a step and jumped into the air slicing the Ayakashi in right cheek. The Ayakashi freed his axe from the earth and swung at Soren who was still in the air. Luckily, the haft of the axe hit Soren and not the blade. However, the force of the axe haft hitting his left arm shattered it into pieces and Soren was sent flying into the concrete wall so hard that it nearly knocked him unconscious.

“I have no choice. Alice is hurt and reinforcements aren’t coming. I have been practicing this technique for a while, but a Home World Prime Ayakashi is more powerful than anything I could imagine. I’ll have to seal myself in with him so that the power of the barrier is stronger,” said Soren to himself as he raised his hand to point at the Ayakashi.

“What’s the matter Meat? Are you afraid? Beg for your life and I might spare you,” said the Ayakashi.

“Hoi, Joso, Ketsu!,” exclaimed Soren as a green translucent barrier appeared around him and the Ayakashi.

“This technique is an Ayakashi technique,” remarked the Ayakashi in amazement. “To bad it is too weak to hold me.”

“Soren what are you doing? If you collapse the barrier with you inside, you’ll be destroyed too,” cried Alice.

“I have no choice. Goodbye Alice, just so you know… though I never said anything…I love you. Metsu!” exclaimed Soren.

Metsu was Soren’s newest technique. Not only did it destroy everything it within it, but it blew the leftover pieces into another dimension so that the entities within the barrier could not regenerate. However, as Soren activated the technique, the Ayakashi punctured a hole in the barrier. As the barrier collapsed, the force blew Soren and the Ayakashi through the hole which due to the properties of the barrier became a wormhole flinging them through time and space.

Soren felt himself being flung through what felt like a tube and could see nothing but a blur of black and white. The next thing he knew, Soren saw a bright light and was flung into a poorly constructed shack. The shack broke on impact further injuring Soren. He now had a broken arm, a bruised back, and deep gash above his left eye. It bled so profusely that the blood ran into his eyes and obscured his vision. Soren could hear the howls of the Ayakashi nearby.

“Hahaha…a new world for me to conquer for the God Mother Zlyphila! Let this new world know the terror of the Ayakashi!” exclaimed the Ayakashi as he began to tear down shacks with a swing of his axe.

Soren’s head felt fuzzy. All he knew is that his was in what seemed to be a poor town. He knew he had to stop the Ayakashi. He slowly got to his feet, drew a dagger in his right hand, and hobbled over to where he believed he heard the voice come from.

“I don’t have much strength left, but I have to stop him,” said Soren.
TritonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:38 AM   #4

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Before Obu could start to speak a loud explosion could be heard from the town, then a loud howl followed by “Hahaha…a new world for me to conquer for the God Mother Zlyphila! Let this new world know the terror of the Ayakashi!” Lyn quickly raised her head in fear, “Something huge is here, along with a human who stinks just like the beast, everyone get the others to safety this could be bad. Obu, you too, your power is dim, I’ve got this, don’t worry.”

Lyn walked out the front door and then darted off at high speeds, the wind pushing and lifting her as she closed the first sonic gap, meanwhile forming in her hands two tiny glowing balls formed in her hands. Her fists hit hard and deep into the creature’s side, the impact sending the beast flying over a hundred feet, the explosion from the plasma balls leaving a patch of bone exposed. “What are you and just what do you think your doing hunting humans.” Lyn leered from atop a building, her tiny frame surrounded by a ball of crackling lightning and wind, her eyes glowing a burning pink color.

“That’s an awfully big punch and mouth for something so puny. I don’t care where I am HUMANS are my MEAT, and now so shall you!” The Ayakashi lurched forward to attack.

Lyn pointed at the ground and turned her hand into a fist, a forty foot tall first came quickly out of the ground, made of water at the base but quickly turning to ice as it hit the Ayakashi dead on. Stopping dead in its tracks it fell over, knocked out, Lyn simply soaked the creature in water and froze it in its place. “I thought you’d show up, I think he won’t be moving too soon. Let me fix your wounds. My name is Lyn, yours?”
Old 07-20-2009, 02:27 AM   #5

TritonX
T-Rexuar Snack

Soren was taken aback by the strange creature in front of him. She looked like a demon and was able to quickly dispatch the Ayakashi. Soren knew the Ayakashi was hardly defeated and would soon break free of his icy prison. Soren collapsed on the floor, too tired to fight off the demon who had grabbed his arm and began doing something to it. He figured he didn't stand a chance anyway so why fight any longer. The demon introduced herself as Lyn and after a few minutes Soren realized she was trying to help him.

"That icy prison won't hold him long. He will either kill everyone once he is free or if he finds something else interesting he might go and pursue it. Ayakashi tend to shift their attention to things they find interesting. Unfortunately, by showing your strength, he may consider you a worthwhile opponent and want to fight you. I am Soren by the way," said Soren as he kept careful watch over the frozen Ayakashi. "I might be able to lend you hand in fighting him, but if I go all out, you may not like the results."

The ice began to crack as dark energy slowly oozed out. The Ayakashi had regained consciousness and was slowly breaking free. Lyn and Soren had at max 10 minutes before the Ayakashi was free.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:17 AM   #6

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Lyn could feel the ice cracking, but having confirmed this creature a menace she wouldn't have to be gentle again. It only took a moment to heal all of Soren's wounds, after a deep breath Lyn stood up and reached out her hand to Soren. "Come on this isn't over yet. I have a feeling I can kill it, but if it fails your going to have to back me up." Lyn said as she jumped over to the Ayakashi scum. Lightning formed around her entire body, a change of stance and the lightning became plasma flowing within the walls of her air bubble. "Be careful while I move in, this isn't the most stable move, and I have never had to use it."

The Ayakashi broke free of the ice prison and started to charge Lyn. Lyn focused her sight and formed a tunnel of wind shooting in the plasmatic energy in the chest of the beast, both the Ayakashi and Lyn instantly knocked back, Lyn hitting Soren in the chest as she passed out having had used most of her energy, she turned back into her normal form, her transformation reversed she became the mortal of lust, her clothes she had chosen long ago not to allow her to be exposed, even so her new body gained unwanted attention.

The Ayakashi crashed in two pieces, dark energy exploded from it. "Ok I'm really pissed off now." The Ayakashi roared as its body reformed. "Wait a second what the hell did you do to me woman?!"

The Ayakashi slowly began to shrink back to a child state. Its eyes burned with rage as slowly all the dark power in its body was sealed, leaving only a small pup of an Ayakashi behind.

Soren stood up, with the true form of Lyn resting in his arms. "Looks like you did know how to stop him, just didn't expect you not to kill him." Soren looked around a moment, and noticed people now surrounding them both, the Ayakashi quickly hid behind Sorens feet. "Haha, your so weak you'd hide behind me for protection, fine I wont let them eat you."

"Ah, eh, What happened." Lyn said opening her eyes. "Oh, I'm sorry." She quickly turned back to her smaller self and pulled her clothes tighter. "Did it work?"

"I'd say so." Soren said looking behind him. "Is it stuck like that?"

"Like what..... oooh how cute. She said leaping out of Soren's arms grabbing the Ayakashi and picking it up." She sniffed it. "Yup 100% child safe, well except the little teeth i guess, I wanna keep him." Lyn started dancing around with it as more people gathered around.

"Two visitors in one day, what a rare day indeed, please come join us at the Sanctum for dinner." Obu beckoned

Lyn looked at the Ayakashi. "Whats you name little one?"

"Rankar!" It attempted to growl, failing.

"Rany! well come on, you can either come with me or just be a stray, your not getting those powers back." Lyn smiled.

"Fine, but don't expect me to be nice." Ran whined.

Last edited by ~Hidan~; 07-20-2009 at 07:50 PM.
~Hidan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:05 AM   #7

TritonX
T-Rexuar Snack

Soren knew Rankar would eventually become a threat again. Considering the power of Lyn's technique it could take months, but eventually his regenerative abilities would restore him to full strength.

"Lyn, I don't think you should keep that monster. It will eventually regenerate. Don't be fooled by his tiny stature. I was being sarcastic when I wouldn't let people eat him. He needs to die...like the rest of his kind," said Soren as he drew his dagger.

Rankar hid behind Lyn and pretended to quiver in fear in order to prey upon her female mothering instincts. It worked. Lyn could not think of letting anyone hurt Rankar.

"No one is going to hurt him," said Lyn.

"He was about kill everyone in a village a moment ago and now you are protecting him? Apparently you are a bit juvenile. Let me show you how we settle thing in the real world," said Soren as he prepared to strike.

"Go ahead Meat, you could never beat me otherwise," said Rankar as he attempted to snarl but wound up snorting.

"I stopped him and I healed you. You owe and me. Besides, if he gets out of hand I will deal with him," said Lyn as she prepared to fight if necessary.

"In your current state I could easily knock you aside, however, you're right. You beat him, so he is your mark. Do what you want with him, but keep him away from me. My hatred runs deeps," said Soren as he holstered his daggers and looked away. "So where is this anyway?"
Old 07-21-2009, 02:40 AM   #8

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

As they walked across town Lyn tried her best to fill in Soren. "This seems to be a different planet of dimension, its been a long time sense I visited one, but from what I can tell its very very far from my world."

"So you know very little it seems." Soren sighed looking around.

"I do know this, they are primitive here, but only in technology, it seems they are a very neutral race here, able to preform both great evil and good." Lyn looked at her hands, which were still pale from the blast.

"So what exactly are you?" Soren turned and asked looking up and down the child like form of what was once a much more mature version of the same person. "Also what was that power you just used?"

Lyn giggled slightly. "I am a Devilari, really I'm not sure what to tell you, I haven't met many other races, being an exile and all. As for my power, I'm not entirely sure how it works, it was invented to suppress the Obsidians back in the day. From what I know, it drains all the power of a creature and sends it to another, with the right control you can learn to put that power in what ever creature you want, but I can only do the lesser form."

Rankar looked up with its eyes wide open. "Someone else has my powers right now?"

"No, just your power, you still have all your powers, just nothing to fuel it with, hopefully i put it in something that has no powers of its own." Lyn smiled.

"So your saying Rankar has no real power left, just his genetic ability's."

"Yes, he can grow back up, though it will take his normal life span to get back to the age he was, as there is no dark energy in him though, no power will return." Lyn assured Soren. "And really how mean can he be with no power, especially when he has to travel with us and watch us grow stronger."

Dinner was fairly silent, no one really spoke. They just looked at each other, the monks all leering at them. A feeling of not being welcome came over them.

Afterwords Obu met them in a room that was prepared for them. "I'm sorry about the others, but the power young Lyn showed yesterday scared them all. I'm afraid even though you've helped us, we cant let you stay. I'm sorry Lyn, Soren, but these are my people now, i have to take care of them."

"You dont have to explain, its best we leave, knowing the Ayakashi, they already have my scent, even if they are not from this planet I feel more will come." Soren sighed, lounging back on his bed.

Rankar looked puzzled. "You have a point MEAT, my brother will come for me. Just you wait."

Lyn shook her head. "Well then I will need my rest if we are leaving, and going to have to fight more of your kind."

Rankar attempted to jump onto Lyn,s bed, but was quickly smacked into the far wall by her fist. "Even if you begged you couldn't stay in my bed." Lyn blushed.

"Would this happen to do anything with the moment earlier?" Soren scratched his chin.

Lyn rolled over and pulled the blanket over her head. "Leave me alone, and yes it does. I cant control that power when i am asleep. DUH!"
Old 07-21-2009, 03:24 AM   #9

TritonX
T-Rexuar Snack

Soren could not sleep well that night. Not only was he on a strange world, but there was no possible way home. Lyn had already mentioned that the technology on this planet was still primitive in nature. He wondered to himself what was the point of going with Lyn tomorrow morning. He no longer had a reason to fight. The inhabitants of this planet were not his people and he had no obligation to protect them. Even if the Ayakashi came, he had no reason to fight them unless they came after him.

Soren stared out the window at the night sky. It was cloudy and the moon was obscured. He figured he would go with Lyn to the next town. Once there, he would try to get a job and settle down. There was no need to push himself. Plus, traveling with Lyn might be annoying. Soren was the serious type and Lyn was very cutesy and sweet. Sickeningly so from his perspective. He was thankful she helped him, but her personality was a little more than he wanted to try to get used to.

Soren drifted into a restless sleep. The snores of the Ayakashi pup filling the room and the odd sleep rambling of Lyn buzzing quietly in the background. If Soren had been more open minded, one could call the situation peacefully, even homey.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:45 PM   #10

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Lyn tossed and turned all night in her sleep. For the first time she saw her parents looking down on her as a three year old child.

"My dear child, don't you forget not everyone is as black hearted as our leaders, forget our kind and move on, there is hope out there for you.” A blink after her moms head fell to the ground, her father holding a large sword, now covered in his wife’s blood.

“Scandalous woman, hiding a Silver one from us. Ashlyn you are hereby banished from Devildice Metropolis, Now get out of my house you abomination!” Her father yelled as he slammed the door, leaving Lyn on her knee’s crying in a pool of her own mothers blood.

“Mommy! Mommy, mommy Wake up!” Lyn began to cry. “I can’t die yet mom, right? I have to do what you said, I will make you proud.” Lyn quickly took her moms ring and pendant, hiding them in her mouth; she quickly changed and ran for the main gate. She was only aloud what she could wear on her way into exile.

Lyn woke up from her dreams to find that Soren had already woken and was sitting in the window looking over the town. Standing up Lyn didn’t bother fixing her transformation as she dragged herself into the sunlight. “Good morning Soren.” A much more mature, more sinister, more arousing voice said behind Sorens back making the very skin on his back craw with the fear of a true man killers seductive tone.

“Whao, you weren’t kidding, you really do change.” The little Rankar brat said playfully.

“This is what all of my race is like, proud cousins of the Succubus, sigh.” Lyn voice once again made Soren cringe in a strange fear.

“You are truly scary Lyn.” Soren managed to say turning around, only to be faced with a girl a distracting as her voice. “Goddamn it! First it’s the immature little girl, and now you’re just a physical distraction.” Soren accidently burst. (Sorry if it ooc) “Sorry, but why do you even change forms, you’d have half this planet on their knee’s if you stayed like that, yet yesterday you were just a little girl.”

Lyn quickly changed to her younger self. “The younger form uses less energy to keep up, so unless I really need the extra power I try not to use my real form. Also it kind of pisses me off being in my real form, no one can talk to me for more then ten seconds without getting a nose bleed.”

Soren looked back into the room looking at Lyn and the Ayakashi brat. “Makes sense I guess. So what are you going to do here?”

“I think I am going to follow the river inland and destroy the damn that is blocking it, then I’ll see what happens next.” Lyn smiled slightly. “I have a good feeling I was put here for a second chance, to actually live and do good things for a world that isn’t destroyed yet. It might be the same for you.” Lyn jumped off the bed and stood on the other windowsill looking out over the small town.

A black ball of lightning started to appear in the sky over town. A claw came slowly out of the darkness the power from the creature sending shivers down Lyn’s back.

“Please tell me its not what I think it is.” Lyn swallowed hard. “No it is……. Ummm unless you have a way to get really big, we need to run!”

Then like meteors the black ball of energy started shooting down pods. One landing right in front of the windows they were looking out, before them stood something only feared in legends around the universes, a Necron Immortal!

“We have to run, those are the most dangerous creatures in the universe I swear it, we have to run, right now. I don’t know how they arrived, but If I’m not mistaken, its an entire legion, meaning a C’tan is with it.” Lyn whispered, gathering her stuff as fast as she could.

The immortal looked up at Soren and raised its Guass Cannon. “Die!” it hissed as a large ball of green energy came flying at Soren, who easily evaded, but the blast left a good warning, don’t underestimate them, not for a second, as a ten by ten hole was cut into the ceiling, al the way to the sky.

Soren grabbed his stuff and followed Lyn out the back of the building, People fleeing all around them, every so often a half burnt green skeleton ran past on fire, or fell next to them. A small sailboat sat close to the water, Lyn and Soren ran quickly for it, once in Lyn grabbed the rudder and pointed it towards the other side of the river. “Hold on tight.” She raised her hand and filled the sails with wind, once taut she then unleashed a gale of wind, blowing the boat at super high speed right across the river, and onward through the sands.

Soren caught his breath. “Ok so just what the hell was that?”

Rankar nodded in agreement. “Yeh, explain please.”

“I have only heard legends about them. Living metal, Immortal, intergalactic conquerors, the Necrons have lived for thousands of years. They are a scary bedtime story in my world. They were said to have come to our planet once, destroying all but once city on the planet, and suddenly leaving.” Lyn explained. “If they are here I fear the world for this planet, and for us.”
Old 07-22-2009, 03:10 AM   #11

TritonX
T-Rexuar Snack

Soren was amazed at the similarity of the Necron invasion tactic to a Ayakashi brood assault. The fact that they were thousands of years old also perplexed him. Soren realized he must be far beyond the ridge. The ridge was the end of what Earth authorities deemed as free explored space. The ridge is pushed outwards as more space is explored and investigated by earth's scientists. The ridge boundary, however, remained constant in one area. That area of space belonged to the Ayakashi. The Ayakashi being thousands of years old, owned a region of space much larger than the area deemed free explored space. Not to mention they had attacked many areas far beyond the region of their control. For Rankar not know of the existence of the Necrons meant that Soren was an unfathomable distance from home.

What puzzled Soren even more was Lyn's shock as to the appearance of the Necrons, almost as if they had emerged from the mists of time immemorial. They Ayakashi were awaken from stasis as well. Funny how ancient evils can awaken from slumber simultaneously in multiple places in the universe without knowledge of each others existence. But, then again if they knew of each others existence they would have fought till only one remained. So in a way it did make sense.

"If the Necrons are as viscous as you say, why would they even leave single city standing? What is their drive to conquer? Do they enslave their foes or just murder them? Why would something that powerful, that existed so long, not be more well known? Did the planets under their dominion decrease?" asked Soren in rapid succession.

"I can't answer all those question now. I will answer your questions once we get a safe distance away," said Lyn.

"Why so inquisitive Meat? The only ones you need to worry about are my brothers. These beings are interesting and surely would make a great base to add Ayakashi blood to, but they are hardly strong," remarked Rankan with a sigh of disinterest.

The makeshift sand-ship continued its forward progress. The town behind shrouded in smoke and flashes of green light. Soren tried to convince himself this was not his fight and the people of this world we not his concern. However, the blood curdling shrieks of the injured and the unanswered pleading of mothers begging God to spare their young, sent a chill down Soren's spine. He knew he would not sleep well tonight either.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:58 AM   #12

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Lyn stopped the boat after getting about 30 miles outside of town. With a quick flick of her wrist a blade of wind cut the mast. "Tie down the long end of the sail to the front of the boat, I'll tie it to the sides, I need a good look at this place." Lyn calmly asked Soren. She was frightened, you could tell as easy as the face of a dead person. Something about the Necrons frightened the hell out of Lyn.

"Ok tied. I hope this works how you think it will." Soren sighed as he sat under the sail with Lyn.

"I hope so too, but I really need to know if its as bad as it looked." Lyn started blowing wind strait into the sail lifted the boat into the air, in a few moments they could see the town in the distance a little higher up they could see clearly. the entire village had already been destroyed, the people already gathered to become energy for the three giant monoliths that came through. Lyn's fears were worse then she thought though, not only was a C'tan there, but they had brought its sarcophagus.

Pointing at the sarcophagus, "What is that giant black stone they are moving into the temple?" Soren asked looking worried.

"Its the end of this world, unless we can kill the C'tan and destroy it." Lyn shook her head. "The good news is we know where it is, and that they wont be moving on for a few months. The bad news is that in a few months they will have a full headquarters setup, and they will take over most of the planet, only leaving small area's to harvest living creatures from to fuel their lives."

"How many months is a few? Are we talking 2 or ten?" Soren wiped the sweat off his forehead.

"We have nine." Lyn lowed the boat and started moving east again. "We are going to cross and ocean soon, we can worry about it on the other side, far far away from the C'tan, This whole continent will fall into darkness in the next week, evil will take over the people, Tzneech will rise to fight against the Necrons for control of the worlds souls."

"What your saying that their not the biggest problem? Am I right?" Soren shook his head in frustration. "First the Ayakashi, now a new world, with Ayakashi, Necrons, and Tzneech, whatever the hell that is, you better start explain some of this, how do you know so much about them?"

Lyn shook her head and pulled a small book out of her robe. "This is a History book, unlike most it tells you the history of thing you write into it. A long time ago I found a Lance that was once used by the Necrons when they invaded my planet. After I used this book to find out all about them, and only one thing was very consistent, necrons show up at random, without notice, and if a sarcophagus landed on a planet, Chaos' would rise at the rule of Tzneech. "
Old 07-23-2009, 04:17 AM   #13

TritonX
T-Rexuar Snack

Soren was utterly confused. More foes and complicated situations seemed to be arising and very few questions were being answered. The whole doomsday scenario was a bit much to digest . The Ayakashi were ruthless fighters, but conquering a planet could take them years of waging war. Now here was a race that could wipe out life even faster. Soren wondered if they should just find a way to leave the planet, leave and forget before any sort of questions of morality and justice could be discussed on the issue. As it is they were running away, so why bother to care?

"I don't understand why you or I should care about this Lyn. We are not from this world. No need for us to get involved. If this planet is going to die let's just leave. If we can find a way to another world we can forget about this. Why should you care for others anyway? You said you are an exile. There is no reason to choose to interact now," said Soren as place his hand on Lyn's shoulder.

"You have a point Meat. No reason to fight a battle that has no feasible gains. If I was in a condition to conquer this planet I would fight them tooth and nail, otherwise there is no reason to fight. These people are weak and they must pay the price for their inferiority," remarked Rankan who was impressed by the Necrons ruthless efficiency. "If I get my powers back I will use the lessons I have seen here today to wipe out my enemies quicker."

Lyn smacked Soren's hand away and slapped Rankan in the face. "Quiet you evil brute or I swear...oh I swear," said Lyn as she lost focus on controlling her wind powers. The boat suddenly began falling. Lyn quickly recomposed herself and stopped the boat just before it hit the ground. "Just don't talk to me for a little while. I don't think I can handle both your unconcerned attitudes toward those poor people."

Soren decided to let Lyn be. Eventually she would have to talk and explain the situation more. She obviously expected him to help and she would speak when she felt the need to convince him. Soren, however, knew he would not be convinced. He thought he may have felt a little guilty moments before, but he shrugged off the brief sinking feeling as a reaction to the boat's sudden free fall.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:51 PM   #14

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

By nightfall they had gotten to what seemed like the ocean, Lyn set the boat down. "We camp here tonight. We shouldn't have any problems, the effects of chaos shouldn't be effective for at least a week."

Soren looked crossly at Lyn. "So what exactly are you so stuck on helping these people?"

Lyn sat down and looked around her. "Look where we are Soren, I don't think you noticed but we don't exactly have a ticket out of this place. We are faced with world destroyers, this is a backwards, mid-evil world our best bet is to rely on ourselves, no one else is worth relying on."

Rankar looked oddly at Lyn. "She actually has a point you know."

Lyn threw the History book at Soren. "Everything you want to know is here, I already ashed it about this planet. We are in the middle of Eden system. We are alone, eden was left alone as part of the intergalactic treaty. No one will enter this space."

Rankar raised his ears in attention. "Wait a second, the Eden system is the birthplace of all humanoid life right? Even the spirit of the Ayakashi came from here, doesnt that also mean that this is the birthplace of the Elements?"

Soren looked a little suprised. "For an Ayakashi pest you sure know a lot."

"Ayakashi might be a power happy race but we still learn. We know what planets to target, but even the Ayakashi has respect for Eden. Though some will still come loking for you Soren, I doubt the army will come."

Soren looked a little confused by the Ayakashi's words. "If even the Ayakashi have respect for this place then why are the Necrons still here, they are an old race right, shouldn't they respect this place too?"

Lyn shook her head. "The Necrons are the orriginal race, betrayed by an evil god they are slaves to his will, they have no respect for this place because they have no free will."

"So is there anything good we can take from this?" Soren smiled, ever so slightly.

"The planets in the Eden system have the strongest elements in the known galaxy. Our powers can grow here faster than anyplace, and there is no remnant of dark energy here so, the enemy will not grow any faster then they are use to." Lyn smiled and looked across the ocean. "This is our fate to be here."
Old 08-03-2009, 01:28 AM   #15

TritonX
T-Rexuar Snack

Soren contemplated the information that had been made available. There was a lot to process, but two questions in particular stood out. Why would the Ayakashi be coming for Soren? It would make sense if they came to find Rankar, but Soren wasn’t that special. Maybe even though the Ayakashi were coming out of stasis, their numbers were too low for their next military campaign. That could explain why they sent Home World Prime Ayakashi out hunting. The Home World Prime Ayakashi could gather half-breed Ayakashi and force them into service of Zlyphila. Also, gathering half-breeds through the use of Home World Prime Ayakashi would mean quick and easy missions without any casualties on the Ayakashi side.

This of course was just speculation, but Rankar would not answer him if Soren asked. Soren saw no point in pursuing this line of thought if no nformation could be obtained. He would just have to make a mental note that should Rankar’s brethren come, Soren would have to capture one and torture the information from them. Under normal circumstance he would just torture Rankar, but unfortunately Lyn’s compassion toward Rankar limited Soren’s course of action. Annoying as Lyn’s weakness was, Soren didn’t want to upset her by harming Rankar.

“Lyn, you mentioned that there isn’t any dark energy on this planet. However, when you exorcised Rankar’s power, you released dark energy into the world. What might the consequences be? Are there going to be greater obstacles than just the Necrons because of this?” asked Soren.

Lyn let out a sigh and gazed out over the horizon as she contemplated what the consequences of her actions might be. Soren sat silently and waited for a response.