Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy Tactics / Tactics Advance
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy Tactics / Tactics Advance Final Fantasy goes Tactical based! Its been reborn Several times, a classic, and a favorite of many!

Old 09-21-2007, 07:39 AM   #1

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Why do you like FFTactics?

I like it because ALMOST every battle is a challenge. From the first random battle on, most of the game you have to stay on your toes, try to think several turns in advance and think strategically. This game is not for those of us who have a hard time focusing. Sure, there's a really GOOD storyline, but when you are getting teamed-up on by 6 chocobos and a mindflare, things can go South REAL quick. You SHOULD save before and after every battle, you never know when there's a party of 6-8 dragons/black or red chocobos/behemoths/marbols around the corner. Not to mention if you make a mistake with the job system.

= D

I've been playing this game TOO much lately. I'm going to try and give myself/my PS2 a breather for a week. In the mean time - how many of you out there who've played this game, love it - and why?
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:20 PM   #2

Max the Man
Master Thief

Send a message via MSN to Max the Man
Re: Why do you like FFTactics?

I'm a sucker for Strategy RPGs xD (I'm an NIS America ADDICT. Can't get enough of nonsensical SRPGs)

But I like it too because when you get a new character it's not a pain to level them up xD

All you have to do is give them good armour (in the original >.>; and they'll level up in no time

Click on JunJun's face for a rad song~
Max the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:15 AM   #3
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

It's fun, a bit more challenging than most FFs, and has a nice story. I'm playing the PSP version now, and I'm also enjoying the new localization.
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:14 AM   #4

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor

Ah, Tactics...

The storyline...the depth and meaning of the plotline and the characters...the battle system...

Tactics was my first strategical RPG, and one of the biggest challenges I ever got out of any game. The game's brilliance still strikes me today, and I can't wait until I can get a copy of the PSP version (I've been saving up for one.)

So I suppose there are many reasons why I like Tactics. Why I ADORE Tactics. X3
Old 12-30-2007, 05:59 AM   #5

Phoenix Flame

M'kay...well after you're done finding yourself in FF1 on the PSP, you can buy Tactics and THEN let me borrow it...m'kay?! = d

J/K =( I would really like to play this game soon - but can't. (No PSP, new apartment, wedding - planning).... D='

I say the list of what you DON'T like about Tactics would be a lot shorter than why you DO like it. Eu gosto muito! = D
Old 12-30-2007, 05:11 PM   #6

Griever
He is legend

Send a message via MSN to Griever

I like it because it makes you think, as Phoenix said before. If you don't plan ahead and stratigize accordingly with the situation, you could find yourself reloading your file really quick like.

I also like the fact that in order to use items, you have to train as a Chemist and learn the proper skill for every item; as opposed to other final fantasy games where you can use them freely as long as you have some stocked. It makes it a bit more of a challenge in my opinion. (Not saying it isn't annoying sometimes)

I love the challenge of trying to steal weapons/armor/etc from bosses such as Wiegraf, Elmdor, Balk, etc. I will admit I have gotten frusterated trying to steal from them and failing many times, and having my thief ganged up on, and having to revive him/her 56836954769043643 times but I think that's part of what makes the game as fun as it is.

All in all, a great game! ;]
Old 01-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #7

Lucavi86
Moogle Farmer

Send a message via Yahoo to Lucavi86

I agree. I have so much fun trying out new strategies in Tactics. Most of the other games are fairly well set into what you are suppose to do with each character where as Tactics, everything is up to you. Your party is entirely set up as you want it to be. You don't have to a be a Knight. You can be a Samurai, a Ninja, or a Black Mage. It takes the Final Fantasy series to a whole new level. Thats why I love the game and have beat it some 30+ times.

Which FF Character Are You?
Lucavi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:54 AM   #8

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucavi86 View Post
I agree. I have so much fun trying out new strategies in Tactics. Most of the other games are fairly well set into what you are suppose to do with each character where as Tactics, everything is up to you. Your party is entirely set up as you want it to be. You don't have to a be a Knight. You can be a Samurai, a Ninja, or a Black Mage. It takes the Final Fantasy series to a whole new level. Thats why I love the game and have beat it some 30+ times.
Wow...that's a new record. XD;;

Got War of the Lions...besides the technical problems, I'm adoring how they re-translated the dialogue, and the new voiced cutscenes...but they kept true to the classic, and that's what I like about this version of Tactics the most. =3
Old 07-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #9
Ewen The Knightfall
T-Rexuar Snack

Send a message via AIM to Ewen The Knightfall

hi new here thought i'd post on my favorite of all ff games.

i love fftactics as many as you said every battle is a challenge. you always have to look at your enemys first and see what they have. i think it is a million times better then ffta and a2 because it is harder, and you need to be careful. but my greatest joys in it is cloud and the lancer class. i never get tired of this game because i just 2 vs everyone with ramza as a lancer/squire and cloud as solider/timemage
Ewen The Knightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:42 PM   #10

Phoenix Flame

Welcome!

Yeah. Great comments. Time Mage + just about anything owns though. ^ ^;