Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > RPG Stories > The Story of Palis
Community Mark Forums Read

The Story of Palis A continuing story of worlds trapped in war, where their only hope are Heroes from other worlds.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2005, 06:02 AM   #1

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~
Palis, Chapter one. Allience!

It was a dark, just turning to sunrise. Gracia gleamed in the sunlight as it came over the mountains. A faint wind from the east rang chimes and rustled the leaves. The soldiers in front of the palace changed watch. The sound of footsteps quickly raised as people left their homes to attend the Royal Court of Ishia for Morning Prayer. The center coliseum of Gracia held every one of its one hundred and seventy thousand citizens.

Ishia had ruled Gracia for almost seven hundred years now, yet she still looked as though she was only in her twenties. As she came to the center of court all began to cheer wildly. Today was the anniversary of her 699th year as the queen. She raised her hand in silence.

“Thank you all for coming today, as you all know today I pass another year on as being your chosen leader. I thank you for your support and am happy to say I will be here for many years to come.” She said with a soft voice that all could hear. “Today I would like to introduce you to our newest member of council, Brius Osidius.”

A quite cheer followed.

“Thank you all for your warm welcome. I will do my best as the newly appointed general of the west legions. May honor guide us to more victories then the following year.” Brius said loudly.

Morning Prayer went on for server more hours; many new things were to be discussed this morning.

Meanwhile in a city seven miles south of Gracia Nichi sat on the north most tower of Vesta. He held a telescope to his right eye and watched the Morning Prayer in disgust.

“When will these simple people learn to have their meeting under a roof, anyone could attack them.” Nichi shook his head

“Well getting over the coliseums walls are anything but easy my friend. The fact that you can even see from here is only due to the elevation. Being a good thirteen thousand feet above the walls is one thing. You know Gracia is very well protected.” The tower guard said while smoking his last cigarette. The guard was a wolven, half human half wolf, how he held the cigarette still confused Nichi.

“That all well and all but the Kain and his friends do have dragons, I have seen and slayed countless ones, they are not easy in numbers and if Kain should ever be so wise to mount his men on them it would spell disaster to the free world.” Nichi said as he got to his feet.

“Off to get your next bounty?”

“No off to get breakfast.” They haven’t had any good jobs for me recently, Nichi thought to himself. As Nichi lowered himself onto the ladder a medium red dragon was spotted of the southern tower. “Time for the morning workout I guess instead.”

Nichi jumped off the tower and landed on all fours he picked his sword off the wall by the base of the tower and ran towards the south tower. The dragon was circling the south tower as Nichi arrived and threw all the weight into his sword to throw him to the top of the tower. Nichi landed off foot and twisted with his sword almost hitting the tower guard with the end of his sword.
“Out of the way old man!” Nichi yelled at the man who darted down the ladder. Nichi’s eyes turned a burning yellow as he started chanting a flight spell. This wind around him brought him face to face with the dragon and within a couple of moments Nichi returned to the ground with his sword in one hand and the dragons head in the other.

‘Yet another boring day’ Nichi thought as he walked to his house and prepared something to eat and fell asleep.

Fire, all around him fire. The city was falling. The fire clan had sprung a surprise attack on the ice village. Nichi watched as his father and brother were torn apart by the fierce blade of the Rigutsu Warriors. Nichi’s eyes turned that burning yellow for the first time. Watching the others fight he gained several new abilities and with the new found power snapped. Unleashing all sorts of massive attacks he managed to overwhelm the Rigutsu Warriors that had killed his brother and father. After killing them he picked up the sword that had killed his kin. It was seven feet long and over two feet wide, bout it only seemed to weigh a couple of ounces. The yellow of his eyes turned almost red. He began to slay man after man and with the rising of the sun he came to notice he was the only person alive in the village. He then also noticed a strange wind that was lightly pulling him, it slowly got stronger and stronger. He held tight to the sword as he was pulled into the darkness of the origin of the winds. Nichi woke in a strange new land. Before him stood a man of metal over sixty feet in height, before him stood the doors to the Gracian City.

Nichi woke in a cold sweat. Twenty one years and he still had the same dream at the beginning of each New Year. Palis had become his new home, but he was still unable to come to love it will all his heart. Somehow the weapon that killed his kin felt closer to him then even his home.

Last edited by Shaggy; 04-12-2005 at 02:42 AM.