Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy XI
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy XI Take the FF world to the MMO world. Whats your thought on this cross platform, cross region game.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:24 AM   #1
BASTA
T-Rexuar Snack

Final Fantasy XI

Did anyone else think that this game was even close to being worth the money it costs to buy it? I thought it was kind of crap...
BASTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:12 PM   #2

Kiera
Princess of Capoeira

Re: Final Fantasy XI

How far did you get into the game <_< because from levels 1-20 it sucks because you have to level through Valkurm Dunes/Korrokola Tunnel or Bubumiru Pen. , After that you have to get yourself to rank 6 atleast to be able to do Dynamis and also get yourlsef a sub Job or else you'll be gimped through the whole game. The beginning of it isn't as fun if you don't know what you are doing but once you get the hang of it and start knowing your way around you will like it more. The new expansion is a constant war and a good storyline also, there is always a battle going on and also you have to defend your stronghold in the past for it to be safe in the present. You meet Generals in the peresent who were just normal soldiers back then and you see the story tie together from Zilart -> Chains of Promithia -> Wings of the Goddess and also Aht Urghan. Any questions, just ask me.

"The Body is Limited to the Mind, but the Mind isn't Limited to the Body."
Kiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:31 PM   #3
Dbdesigns
T-Rexuar Snack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASTA View Post
Did anyone else think that this game was even close to being worth the money it costs to buy it? I thought it was kind of crap...
I bought this game three years ago and still have not achieved some things and with a WoTG just coming out I doubt that will change anytime soo... If you like spending money to waste years of your life trying to accomplish something in a video game this is the one for you! lol
Dbdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 04:48 AM   #4

Kiera
Princess of Capoeira

lol, just limit yourself to play a few hours a day >.> but then again , I mostly have gotten all of my things back from my last account already. You just have to know what you're doing.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:01 AM   #5

Shinra Soldier 1
Chocobo Jockey

Send a message via ICQ to Shinra Soldier 1

I actually just got a laptop and was considering buying this game, but I won't have much time to play it between school and work, do you still think I should put the money into it?

Edit: I go to college and work, leaving me with limited time to play video games, do you think ff11 would still be a decent investment?

Last edited by Phoenix Flame; 02-07-2008 at 06:41 AM.
Shinra Soldier 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #6

Dartvalince
T-Rexuar Snack

Send a message via AIM to Dartvalince

I only play the game for about 2-3 hours a night b/c of work and family. Even though it's $12.95/month, I still enjoy it. The only downfall is the simple facts about the game. This game is built with the idea that it's really hard to complete missions unless you do it as a "party". Leveling up takes time and effort and at times it seems like it's really not worth it but, it's going to be that way with any MMORPG. Also FFXI has a very intricate Job system that allows you to combo it with "sub-jobs". Not only that it has the different "Craft" skills, Guilds, Conquests, and the actual story. Plus because it's a fee based game, the server is updated regularly with new quests, and fun little events. You also have the Linkshells which add a great sense of community among the players.

If you can at least get about 15 hrs/week then you'll be ok. Like i was saying above the game has TONS to offer, so much in fact that it came seem overwhelming. If your going to get it for your laptop then i suggest going to your local Gamestop and getting the FFXI starter pack for like $1.99. It includes the original game and you get a month free, which is a cheap good way to test it out.

If you do get it and play....I'm in the Bahamut World (server) and my name is Dartvalince.
Dartvalince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:37 PM   #7

Kiera
Princess of Capoeira

Join my server D8 >.>;;;;
Anyways, I use my brother's account now. I deleted mine because I thought I quit =/ I was wrong lol. Anyways for the game to really get interesting, you just need 3 things.

A level 75 job , Have sky and sea acces. Once that's done, you really have just started the game and started knowing what's going on. It shouldn't really take long to get this, Sky, is practically a floating castle in the sky that you fight 5 Gods in. Sea have sea gods dealing with Bahamut and such. If your time is constrained, just limit yourself to a few hours a day, remember that you have the game forever and you really don't need to put that much into the game to get far. I usually only play when there's an event for my linkshell that I have to lead.