Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy VII
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy VII The Legendary Final Fantasy! Come talk about this classic Hit from 1997

Old 06-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #1

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

Is Sephiroth and Cloud FFVII?

Okay, so everyone knows who Cloud and Sephiroth are. but dus any1 else think that these 2 alone created FFVII?

I think that they have, on the basis from the character build up of them both, we know the history of both characters, and why cloud is out to get sephiroth.

also, i think i speak 4 every1 wen i say the cloud and sephiroth r the greatest protaganist and antagonist throughout final fantasy. their rivalry i guess u could call it, is the basis of FFVII

im just wondering if anyone shares my oppinion, or if not, sujest what they think made FFVII wat it is and y its so well known
Old 06-20-2008, 06:45 PM   #2

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: Is Sephiroth and Cloud FFVII?

Well it wasn't JUST Cloud that had it out for Sephiroth...although, I'm pretty sure Square could have easily turned the plot into something similar to Crisis Core (just based off of what I've read of the script.) Still, it was everyone working together in the end to not only right Cloud's history, but also settle their memories of Aerith in their hearts. The death of a playable character (that you either loved or hated) is one of the other landmark of the VII story that was vital to the playability of the game in my opinion.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #3

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

thats true. but still, my point remains, i dont think FFVII would have been anywhere near as successful without these two characters. i mean, one of the 1st things anyone thinks of when thinking about this game is these two characters, right?

and in AC sephiroth is actualy out to get get cloud....wel, fair enough, he happens to be the only person he see's, but he is enjoying tormenting cloud.

i realy believe that without these two characters FFVII wouldnt be as big today as it is.

if you look at VIII, there isnt any rivalry, except for maybe squall and seifer, but that doesnt last, and isnt very big in the storyline itself.

IX kinda does, but not to the degree that VII does
Old 10-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #4

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to TherathxRikku

I don't think that's true, when I think of FFVII, the thought of Shinra and Materia and dying planet flies into my mind. Sure, Cloud and Sephy made the game lots more famous than if it didn't have them at all, but people don't think past the picture. Cloud is famous because he was the main character, the center of attantion, 80 game hours of just Cloud. And Sephy is famous because he's the center of attention for the female otakus. xD

To be honest, I kinda disrespect Cloud and Sephy because EVERYONE else like them so much. When I first bought Dissidia, I couldn't use them. I was afraid that I'd be good with them and spam them like everyone else does. >_> (Instead I went with Tidus and Terra. ^-^) But I digress.

I think the game is mostly famous for it's storyline and depth more than just because Cloud and Sephy are in it. What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clief101_ View Post
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!
TherathxRikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:19 AM   #5

rissole25
Highwind Captain

What is the female otakus? And yea i'll probably train myself in Firion and Ultimecia or something. But definitley not Cloud or Sephiroth like you said. Everyone would use them.

Yea FFVII wouldn't be like its is without Cloud & Sephiroth but Aeris/Aerith (Aeris to me) is a big part of it. If she hadn't of died, she could've been annoying as Selphie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissole25 View Post
My 1000th post was about you Leon
rissole25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:49 AM   #6

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Otaku = Anime Geek in Japanese.

And Aerith/Aeris' name all depends on which game you played first, In VII, she's Aeris, but in CC she's Aerith. :P I liked CC better, so I just call her Aerith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the person who posted before the great TxR
she could've been annoying as Selphie.
Let's not muddy her up TOO much, here dude. lol

Quote:
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!
Old 10-27-2009, 08:54 AM   #7

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherathxRikku View Post
Otaku = Anime Geek in Japanese.

And Aerith/Aeris' name all depends on which game you played first, In VII, she's Aeris, but in CC she's Aerith. :P I liked CC better, so I just call her Aerith.
it can be either 1, its supposed to be aerith, but was translated wrong. th and s are the same in japanese.

you make good points really thanx

oh, and i use every1 in dissidia, well i try to anyway...i will admit, i have used cloud most XD
Old 10-27-2009, 09:01 AM   #8

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clief101_
th and s are the same in japanese.
I feel ashamed for not realizing that. lol

And you're welcome, I think? It's just how my head works, when someone asks me a question, I just think about it, then answer in the most "break it down" way I can. lol

As for Dissidia, I use everyone too, even Cloud, I just try to keep out of crowds as best I can. :P

Quote:

Old 10-27-2009, 09:03 AM   #9

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

haha, i found that out a while ago, i realy love FFVII, try to find as much info as i can on it
Old 10-27-2009, 09:08 AM   #10

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Same as me with X. lol

Quote:

Old 10-28-2009, 04:51 AM   #11

rissole25
Highwind Captain

lol they were both great games.

Yea its Aeris to me but Aerith looks better for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissole25 View Post
My 1000th post was about you Leon
rissole25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:26 AM   #12

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

it used be aeris to me for a long time, but after playing both KH1!&2 and also crisis core, ive jus come accustomed to aerith
Old 10-28-2009, 09:29 AM   #13

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Aerith is somehow easier to say to most people. It depends on the kind of person you are, my friend in Psychology says it deals with how you look at her. If she seems like a strong person and she speaks out to you, then a "th" would be your automatic name for her. And if she seems kind of concealed or repressed, then "s" is more your type.

I don't particularly agree with it, but Psychology is a lot deeper than I can handle. lol

Quote:

Old 10-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #14

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

i dont see how that could change how u say her name. its just wat ur used to and wat u know? just like how u would pronounce a name of someone else?
Old 10-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #15

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

That's what I was thinking. :P

Quote: