Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy Game Information
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy Game Information This forum is for information on the FF games. Walkthroughs, screenshots, cheats and tips, game summaries ect.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:29 PM   #1
Slider
Master Summoner

Thumbs up The FF8 tip page

Cool, I thought I should start this;
Anyways for all posters just post any random (but useful) tips for ff8 and plz no cheats because this isn't for a specific platform!
So here's some of my junk (always questionnable for modifications, this includes any of my posts):

The Begining:

- I remember that when you first start the game, make GF Quezacotl learn Mag-J, that way you can easily draw 9 magics each time and stock up fast + improve your junction stuff + have a good Mag Stat if you'll cast magic
- Take care of your GF, if you leave it it will learn bad abilities (you get diffrent abilities depending on the order of abilities the GF is learning) and you'll have a low compatibility with that GF meaning the summoning will take longer in battles.
- The beloved Doom ability of Shiva can't be learnned at least before she's level 10 or better and after learning many other abilities (it usually appears as the last ability)
- Um...use Shiva against Ifrit for big time damage
- Use Quezacotl on the X-ATM092, and junction Thunder/Thundara to your elemental attack, generaly the realistic battle features makes every machine weak against Thunder and every human ( Soldiers, Seifer, Raijin etc) weak against Poison

General tips:

- Both GFs Cactuar and Bahamut's attacks ignore all defenses, so use them against opponents hard to damage like Giants, Behemothes, Turtapods etc........
- CC Card Quest: After becoming a SeeD you can start this quest (in the same order) by challenging Jack, he's the SeeD in Garden's main hall. Then there's Club the guy walking at the upper side of the Garden (usually out of or into the Parking Lot or the Dorms), the Diamond twins are the two in the main hall that walk and stop in front of the directory, Spade is the guy on the 2nd floor hallway who gives you 7 cards to start with, Xu is Heart and Quistis is the King, but to get to her talk -i'm not sure if you should also beat- Dr. Kadowaki then go in your room and rest to meet King Quistis who'll wake you and challenge you to a card game....finaly Joker is the item seller in the Training Center but he appears randomly after you take the door on the right side, doing this quest will get the CC group on Ragnarock after Time Compression so you can play against them again (explainned later below)
- There's a hidden free Ultima draw point at Mayor Dobe's house, it's in the top floor next to that funny machine on the right, that'll save you the 5k gils you pay in the Shumi Tribe entrance to access the other Draw Point in there.

Golden Tips:

1- Best Magics Tip: An awesome tip is that the best magics can be found on the Heaven and Hell islands, they are the islands to furthest right and left of the World Map respectively,(remember that Draw Points are on the World Map can't be seen even with Siren's Move-Find ability), just run around (preferably with Diablos' Enc-None junctionned if you're not lookin for a fight) pressing "action" and you'll find the best magics like: Ultima, Meteor, Triple, Full-Life, Holy, Quake n all the good stuff!
That'll save you the Mayor Dobe visit (IF you had the Ragnarock)bet you're ecstatic now
2- All Cards Tip: I don't think you can get all the cards in the game since you have to sacrifice some to get others (like Ifrit to get Rinoa and those you give to the Card Queen) so instead, do the CC Card Quest. Then after Time Compression, when you're climbing a huge chain on the way to Ultimecia's Castle, you'll find 3 floating portals on your left, get close and use "action" to jump to any of them, one will lead you to the thick eastern forest of Esthar (I think it's the gate in the highest position), look around and you'll find a big bush in the forest "Yeh you're right it's the Chocobo Forest" Anyways, do your stuff to ride a Chocobo out of it and head south as much as you can. Somewhere in the far south you'll find water shallow enough to cross from Esthar to Centra continent look around in the sand desert and you'll find your beloved Ragnarock, a better surprise is that the CC Card Group are all inside and survived Time Compression, an even better surprise is that they've got all the powerful cards you're missing, but the big pay-off is that they have an infinity of them!
You see there can only be 1 Squall card in the world but if you have it and refine it into an item, Voila! you can win another one from them and so on have as much as you desire of refined cards (Note: I'm not sure they have the Pupu card since I never got it from them, but then again I haven't done the Pupu quest at that time either )
3- Stats Tip: Here's my take on the Devour ability (some enemies you devour increase your health or poison you, this is my guide for those who permanently increase your stat) it's not much but it's what i know:
T-Rexaurs are known for their strength, so have one to increase yours by 1
Ruby Dragons give you +10 HP
Adamantoise give +1 to Vitality
Malboros give +1 spirit

- A tip's tip: Why is the previous tip useful you ask? because if you have already high stat then you don't need to junction most of the powerful magic or junction them for something else Ex: (Ultima is the best Str booster, but with high Str you can use it as Elem-Def +100% to each element if you have 100 Ultimas, even better if you max out your character's stat and junction other character abilities than Str 60%, HP 80% and so on!
4- The Extreme tip: To have the most invincible charcters in the game (after mine) manipulate the junction system (but not like those jerk say) I mean use Amnesia Greens (bought from Timber Petshop) on your GFs to make them forget their unneeded abilities and using items or making them from Eden's GFAbl Med-RF to teach them whatever your heart desires!

If you followed those previous golden tips you'll have ultimate characters with the ultimate GFs and abilities along with the ultimate magics and items to use

That's it for now and PEACE!

Last edited by Slider; 02-21-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:29 PM   #2

mrx619
T-Rexuar Snack

Re: The FF8 tip page

good stuff, i gave it to my friend and he's very pleased. Don't worry, i gave you credit.

There can never be pure evil, as pure has an association with good. Therefore, it cannot exist.
mrx619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:45 PM   #3
Slider
Master Summoner

Meh tnx, but i don care about credits, m jus doin in it for the sake of the game !
I'm jus glad it's helpin somebody!

Alright let's get to work:

This time for the FF8 high level professionnal who prefer physical attacks and limit breaks, I'll be throwin in some to tips to complete your Weapon Monthly magazine, also some tips on how to get some weapons and where to find their items, then finally some Limit Break explanation!

Weapon Monthly Guide:

- Althought you can buy all the issues at the Esthar bookshop, but you'll have to be very patient to get there, you can obtain all the issues before you arrive to Esthar even,so here's where you can find the issues in the order of events:

- March Issue (Revolver, Metal Knuckle, Flail, Chain Whip):

You automatically get it after defeating Elvoret, that was Squaresoft's way to introduce the magazine, but now it's up to you to find the rest

- April Issue(Shear Trigger, Maverick, Pinwheel, Valiant):
After finishing the SeeD exam, you'll find it in Squall's room

- May Issue (Cutting Trigger, Valkyrie, Ulysses, Slaying Tail):
This has confused alot of people, but to clear it out you CAN'T get the magazine in sewers with Quistis Zell and Selphie (althought you can only see it behind a door), so to get it you have to use either Rinoa or Squall and Irvine when sneaking into the Presidental Palace (Sorceress Assassination) and access the sewers from there (before climbing the crates) to get the magazine

- June Issue (Flame Saber, Gauntlet, Morning Star, Red Scorpion):
The only other magazine that you don't have to look for, you get it after defeating BGH251F2 in the missile base

- July Issue (Twin Lance, Rising Sun, Bismark, Crescent Wish):
After the Garden fights, look around in the Training Center and you'll find it (sorry I can't be more specific but I can't remember more than that)

- August Issue (Punishment, Ehrgeiz, Cardinal, Save the Queen):
There's a treasure a few steps south of the gargoyle, that be the Trabia gargoyle statue (gargoyles can be found in all 3 Gardens main gates, ok i'm driftin off) anyways walk slowly south of the statue (where Selphie's friend is sitting) and you'll find it on the floor

- The First Issue (Lion Heart, Shooting Star, Exeter, Strange Vision):
Bein the very first (and most awesome) issue from Weapon Monthly, it existed before Squall's time, yeh you got to get it during the past -so called dream world- as Laguna. After escaping from Lunatic Pandora, go back there and talk to (it was either Dr. Odine or his assisstant) one of them will have it!

Now for the weapons, and how to get their items (Ordered by Characters):
(Small note: The "where to find items excludes the Card Mod way and all GF refining abilities, since I figured not everyone is a card game fan + it'll do you some good to look around and get to know the game more. Only exception is the Lionheart's Pulse ammo in which you'll need the Ammo-RF ability of Ifrit)

Squall:

Revolver:

6 M-Stone Pieces (Really common, most commonly obtainned from Bite Bugs, Caterchipillars, Glacial Eyes, Red Bats, Buels, Fungars + many others)
2 Screws (Screws can be found most commonly from Geezards, but sometimes some machines drop it)

Shear Trigger:

4 Screws (Screws can be found most commonly from Geezards, but sometimes some machines drop it)
1 Steel Pipe (You can get it from Wendigos, sometimes from machines)

Cutting Trigger:

1 Mesmerize Blade (You normally get one from Mezmerizes)
8 Screws (Screws can be found most commonly from Geezards, but sometimes some machines drop it)

Flame Sabre:

1 Betrayal Sword (You can get that from a Blitz or a Forbidden)
4 Screws (Screws can be found most commonly from Geezards, but sometimes some machines drop it)
1 Turtle Shell (Aramdodos and Adamantoises got those)

Twin Lance:

1 Dino Bone (You seriously didn't know? ok it's from T-Rexaurs)
2 Red Fangs (Hard to get item, my sources are Hexadragons and Chimeras)
12 Screws (Screws can be found most commonly from Geezards, but sometimes some machines drop it)

Punishment:

1 Chef's Knife (Tonberries got those [and fight you with it])
8 Screws (Screws can be found most commonly from Geezards, but sometimes some machines drop it)
2 Star Fragments (This is a little hard to get, try the following list: Iron Giants, Ruby Dragons, Anacondaurs, Tri-Faces. It depends on their levels + these aren't the only ones)

Lionheart:

1 Adamantine (Found also from Adamantoise)
4 Dragon Fangs (Try the dragons, like Hexadragon, Blue Dragon, a Grendel is also a dragon)
12 Pulse Ammo (You MUST refine the ammo from items using Ifrit's Ammo-RF ability, but I'm not lettin you down and will tell you how to get the items, ok here we go:
10 Pulse Ammo can be refinned from 1 Energy Crystal (Get it from Elnoyles, some Behemothes and Ruby Dragons)
5 Pulse Ammo can be refinned from 1 Laser Canon (Most commonly MobileType 8 if you're lucky, and there's also Elastoids then Belhelmel)
20 Pulse Ammo can be refinned from 1 Power Generator (I'm not too sure, but try machines that use Ray Bomb like X-ATM092 or GIM52A if you don't want to miss the FMV)

I knew this post wasn't enough to keep that much info ;ouc so the rest is pushed into the next post

Last edited by Slider; 02-23-2007 at 03:18 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:09 PM   #4
Slider
Master Summoner

(PIC REQUIRED ;shr)Rinoa:

Pinwheel:

3 M-Stone Pieces (Really common, most commonly obtainned from Bite Bugs, Caterchipillars, Glacial Eyes, Red Bats, Buels, Fungars + many others)

Valkyrie:

1 Magic Stone: (Really common, most commonly obtainned from medium level Bite Bugs, Caterchipillars, Glacial Eyes, Red Bats, Buels, Fungars + many others)
1 Shear Feather: (Commonly from Thrustaevises, or some Death Claws)

Rising Sun:

1 Saw Blade (From Belhelmels, you even see the same blade rotating when fighting it)

Cardinal:

1 Cockatrice Pinnion (.........maybe a Cockatrice? [yes])
1 Sharp Spike (Grand Mantis usually, some Death Claws and Armadodos)

Shooting Star:

2 Energy Crystals (Get it from Elnoyles, some Behemothes and Ruby Dragons)
1 Force Armlet (Not too easy to get, some Ochus, and Forbiddens, oh and you might get it from Edea after fighting her in Galbadia Garden)
1 Regen Ring (Usually Mesmerizes and Vysages have them, try also Torama, Turtapods, and some Chimeras)
2 Windmill (Thrustaevises, Abyss Worms, and maybe Death Claws[not sure thought])

Quistis:

Chain Whip:

2 M-Stone Pieces (Really common, most commonly obtainned from Bite Bugs, Caterchipillars, Glacial Eyes, Red Bats, Buels, Fungars + many others)
1 Spider Web (Defeat Caterchipillars to get them)

Slaying Tail:

2 Magic Stone (Really common, most commonly obtainned from medium level Bite Bugs, Caterchipillars, Glacial Eyes, Red Bats, Buels, Fungars + many others)
1 Sharp Spike (Grand Mantis usually, some Death Claws and Armadodos)

Red Scorpion:

2 Dragon Skin (Like the dragon fang, you can get it from dragons like Blue Dragons, Hexdragons and Grendels)
2 Ochu Tentacle (Surprisingly, you get it from Ochus)

Save The Queen:

4 Energy Crystals (Get it from Elnoyles, some Behemothes and Ruby Dragons)
2 Malboros Tentacles (Yes, go defeat a Malboro)
4 Sharp Spikes (Grand Mantis usually, some Death Claws and Armadodos)

Zell:

Metal Knuckles:

1 Fish Fin (From any of the Fastitocalons)
4 M-Stone piece (Really common, most commonly obtainned from Bite Bugs, Caterchipillars, Glacial Eyes, Red Bats, Buels, Fungars + many others)

Maverick:

1 Dragon Fin (Only Dragon that has a fin is the Grendel)
1 Spider Web (Defeat Caterchipillars to get them)

Gauntlet:

1 Dragon Skin (Like the Dragon Fang, you can get it from dragons like Blue Dragons, Hexdragons and Grendels)
1 Fury Fragment (Most commonly Blue Dragons, but try Grendels or Ruby Dragons also)

Ehergeiz:

4 Dragon Skin (Like the Dragon Fang, you can get it from dragons like Blue Dragons, Hexdragons and Grendels)
1 Fury Fragment (Most commonly Blue Dragons, but try Grendels or Ruby Dragons also)

Still more posts on the way

Last edited by Slider; 02-23-2007 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:36 AM   #5

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor

You just have everything down, don't you? Your tips are amazingly awesome. XD

Here's my battle advice:

Personally I think (but many other people also) that the Malboro is the most annoying enemy in the game, or any FF. Confusion, Berserk, and poison can be the worst, but most don't like to take advantage of junctioning certain Magic to prevent the status alliments inflicted by the creature.
If you ever want to survive battles with the tentacle-covered nightmare, JUNCTION AS MUCH MAGIC THAT WILL PREVENT THE STATUS EFFECTS AS POSSIBLE. For example, if you have 70 Berserks in a character's stock, and you junction them, there is a very good chance that it will prevent Berserk from being cast. It's not 99 percent, but it's still a fairly high chance. But you won't often get away with just 30 or 20 Berserks in stock; that won't prevent much.
Protecting yourself against the Malboro is vital if you need to steal Malboro Tentacles as well, so be careful!

The reason why I'm giving this tip is because, well, to me getting just 1 Tentacle was freakin' HELL. And it took me a VERY long time to realize what I was doing wrong. So please, don't be incredibly stupid like me, and use your junctions to the fullest. XP
Old 02-22-2007, 09:45 AM   #6
Slider
Master Summoner

Tnx man !
Now more work for me! ;sma;whi

Selphie:

Flail:

1 Bomb Fragment (Only from Bombs)
2 M-Stone Pieces (Really common, most commonly obtainned from Bite Bugs, Caterchipillars, Glacial Eyes, Red Bats, Buels, Fungars + many others)

Morning Star:

3 Sharp Spike (Grand Mantis usually, some Death Claws and Armadodos)
2 Steel Orbs (Usually from Wendigos, sometimes machines)

Crescent Wish:

1 Inferno Fang (Fight Hexadragons and Ruby Dragons)
1 Life Ring (Mesmerizes and Toramas mostly, try also Turtapods, and Vysages)
4 Sharp Spikes (Grand Mantis usually, some Death Claws and Armadodos)

Strange Vision:

1 Adamantine ((Found also from Adamantoise)
2 Curse Spikes (Creeps, Grand Mantises, Imps, Forbiddens, and maybe Malboros even!)
3 Star Fragments (This is a little hard to get, try the following list: Iron Giants, Ruby Dragons, Anacondaurs, Tri-Faces. It depends on their levels + these aren't the only ones)

Irvine:

Valiant:

4 Screw (Screws can be found most commonly from Geezards, but sometimes some machines drop it)

Ulysses:

1 Bomb Fragment (Only from Bombs)
2 Screws (Screws can be found most commonly from Geezards, but sometimes some machines drop it)

Bismark:

4 Dynamo Stone (Get plenty of those from Blitz, Cockatrices, maybe Creeps)

Exeter:

2 Dino Bones (You seriously didn't know? ok it's from T-Rexaurs)
1 Moon Stone (A rare item you get from Imps, Toramas, and Elnoyles)
18 Screws (Screws can be found most commonly from Geezards, but sometimes some machines drop it)
1 Star Fragment (This is a little hard to get, try the following list: Iron Giants, Ruby Dragons, Anacondaurs, Tri-Faces. It depends on their levels + these aren't the only ones)

Awesome! It looks pretty nice now, will revise the whole thing one more time before starting the Limit Breaks, maybe later I'll talk about Magic junctioning!

Last edited by Slider; 02-22-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:06 AM   #7

Shotgunnova
T-Rexuar Snack

Well, I wrote this a few years back, but it should be useful for people who like to scrape together the best 'stuff' at the earliest possible moment.

---

HOW TO GET THE LIONHEART WEAPON ON DISC ONE:

[1] - Start a new game. Name Squall and wait until you have full control of him in Quistis' class. Log-on to the computer and get your GFs (Guardian Forces) which will be used quite a lot. Name them, then exit.

[2] - Meet Quistis at the front gate, let her join your party, then exit to the world map. Junction Quezacotl to Squall and Shiva to Quistis and lock the skills of your choice (preferably one with Item).

[3] - Quezacotl learns a GF ability called Card which is an imperative skill to learn. It costs 40 AP to learn and since you probably won't want to fight T-Rexaurs at the moment, go to the beach and fight the second-best AP-givers, Fasticalon-Fs. Have Shiva learn I-Mag RF while you learn Card so you can change the Fish Fins that the enemy drops into Water, which can be junctioned to HP if you need a boost. Either way, learn Card.

[4]
- Now that Quezacotl has learned Card, the skill Card Mod is unlocked. It costs 70 AP, so go lay it on those Fasticalon-Fs. After Card Mod is learned, you won't need to learn anymore high-class skills for a long time (but be prepared).

[5] - Hopefully you drew Blizzard magic from those Fasticalon-Fs, because you might need some when you fight the next target, Ifrit. He's weak against ice but since his HP isn't that great, he can be brought down without them. Go to the Fire Cavern (beyond the forest near Balamb Garden) and enter. Quistis'll talk to you about junctioning, but ignore with Triangle if you already know what she's talking about. Go up to the Garden faculty, select your time, and race through to fight Ifrit (straight forward, pretty much). When you get to him, have Quistis act as healer and attack if everyone's HP is decent. Once defeated, he'll give you the Ifrit Card and some other junk, but will be the biggest help. Junction it to Squall and go back to the beach to level up Ifrit. At level ten, Ifrit will learn Ammo-RF.

[6] - The components that are needed to create a Lionheart are as follows:

01 Adamantine
04 Dragon Fangs
12 Pulse Ammo

You're out of luck at the moment as far as most of these go, but getting a headstart on the Pulse Ammo can be done right away. Your objective is to find Elnoyle cards which can be refined into one Energy Crystal, and, through Ammo-RF, can be made into ten Pulse Ammo. If you're paying attention, you know that you need twelve Pulse Ammo, so yes, you need to find twenty Elnoyle cards. Don't despair though; Disc 1 is fairly lengthy and you'll have all the time you need.

[7] - Continue with this step when you get back from the SeeD mission. The only problem is you need to be below level 28, or, just for the sake of this challenge, be around level 25. Monsters level up with your characters, and due to that, if you're a high enough level, their dropped items change.

T-Rexaurs that are level whose levels are somewhere in the twenties will drop Dragon Fangs which are needed for the Lionheart. You can find them in the forests outside Balamb and inside the Training Center. Only level twenty-ish T-Rexaurs drop them, however, so that's the reason why you need to keep your level down. Here's my advice for when you fight one:

When you finally find the monster, you may notice they are susceptible to the Blind status effect. Junction 100 of them (for safety) to Squall's weapon (Grats in the T-Center carry the magic). Now, blinded, the monster will attack you and hopefully miss a lot. Quistis should act like the healer again and heal Squall (the attacker) when applicable, and use Shiva otherwise, since they are also elementally-weak to Ice. A low-leveled T-Rexaur won't have that much HP, but it will still be around 10000 or so, so you'll need to stock up on items, magic, etc.

If you're lucky, you can get four Dragon Fangs in one drop (like me) but if you go up a level and get nothing, it's your decision to restart and find another one or keep going and hope that you'll get some more. Alternate save files are useful for this.

DRAGON FANGS OBTAINED!

[8] - Now, finding the cards. There are a few select people in Balamb Garden who will carry Elnoyle cards and other useful items. Dr. Kadowaki, for instance, will carry a nice repertoire of cards that you'll want to pick up and carries at you can win some Elnoyles from her. Also, in the back of the cafeteria, there are a bunch of loafers who are sitting at tables. At the right table, the guy in the back will carry some Elnoyles (as well as the Quistis player card) and some Elastoids, which can be made into Steel Pipes, a main component in other characters' weapons (and some of Squall's lower-leveled ones).

For a checklist, these are some of the cards you'll want to get before you even attempt to take the train to Timber. Leaving Balamb Island is the turning point for the story, and if you're missing the Dragon Fangs, you'll have to restart. They're one of the items unable to be obtained through card-modding. Anyway, the checklist:

04 - Dragon Fangs
?? - Elnoyle Cards (At least seven or eight, is good.)
01 - Ifrit Card
01 - Quistis Card
01 - Mini-Mog card (Win it from that kid who does laps in the Garden)

Hint: If you lose a Triple Triad battle, restart. Winning them back can take awhile.

Supposedly you can get Dragon Fangs in Roshfall Forest (the big forest near Timber) but as I've never fought one in the two hundred hours I've played FF8, I'm not going to advise you to try to get them then as I've never corroborated it.

[9] - If you think you're prepared to leave for Timber, get a ticket and board. Do the Laguna sequence and continue until you get onto the Forest Owl train. Duel Watts and get the Angelo Card (or whatever you named the dog), get the Pet Pals magazine in Rinoa's Room after the conference, then complete the Train Mission. There's nothing to do but follow the mandatory plot steps, so do so until you have access to the world map.

Now, the next part of the mission is getting the Adamantine item. They'll almost always come in pairs and drop the item at a low success rate, but to beat them you'll need a few things. First, draw some Berserk magic from the Wendigos in the forest and draw Blind and anything else you need from Vysages in the cavern to the left of timber (Vysages are hard, mind you, but give 12 AP!). Anyhow, make your way to Dollet, but don't enter. Save, and go to the beach and run around. This is one of the few places to fight Adamantoises, and they'll repeatedly cure themselves and blind your people unless you take the initiative and impair them first. Berserk, Blind, then kill. You can also draw Protect/Shell magic from them if you choose. Once dead, see if you've gotten the Adamantine. If not, repeat the above.

If you find this too hard, you can always Card Mod the Minotaur card that you can get later on for completing the Tomb of the Unknown King sidequest, but this is a much easier method and doesn't take away one of your best cards, either.

ADAMANTINE OBTAINED!

[10] - Now, to complete the Elnoyle cards. Depending on how much time you spent or wasted in Balamb Garden, you'll have that much less work to do now. You'll find most of the Elnoyle cards in Deling City, but I have won a few from some of the punks in Galbadia Garden. Noteworthy points of collection:

-The man dressed in black at the Deling Arcade
-The three kids in Galbadia Garden who stand by a podium (all have good cards)

They'll always have good cards, so keep trying them until you milk 'em of all their Elnoyles. Once you have twenty (or ten, if you already modified), modify them into Energy Crystals and use Ammo-RF.

PULSE AMMO OBTAINED!

There is a weapon shop in the Deling Arcade screen, across from the man in black, and there is also one in Timber if you want to drive that far. Anyhow, you've now got the Lionheart and the game has just become easier than it already was (which is saying a lot).
Old 03-03-2007, 06:53 AM   #8

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

...and you just became Squall Lionheart's best friend (among other's who <3 VIII) XD!
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:26 PM   #9

John Smith
~Wizard~

Send a message via MSN to John Smith Send a message via Yahoo to John Smith Send a message via Skype™ to John Smith

Slider and Shotgunnova, I love you guys! =D

Click here to read Dragon Ball Multiverse! Includes several languages! =D
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:41 AM   #10

Koby_Fish
T-Rexuar Snack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider
Meh tnx, but i don care about credits, m jus doin in it for the sake of the game !
I'm jus glad it's helpin somebody!

Alright let's get to work:

This time for the FF8 high level professionnal who prefer physical attacks and limit breaks, I'll be throwin in some to tips to complete your Weapon Monthly magazine, also some tips on how to get some weapons and where to find their items, then finally some Limit Break explanation!

Weapon Monthly Guide:

- Althought you can buy all the issues at the Esthar bookshop, but you'll have to be very patient to get there, you can obtain all the issues before you arrive to Esthar even,so here's where you can find the issues in the order of events:

- March Issue (Revolver, Metal Knuckle, Flail, Chain Whip):

You automatically get it after defeating Elvoret, that was Squaresoft's way to introduce the magazine, but now it's up to you to find the rest

- April Issue(Shear Trigger, Maverick, Pinwheel, Valiant):
After finishing the SeeD exam, you'll find it in Squall's room

- May Issue (Cutting Trigger, Valkyrie, Ulysses, Slaying Tail):
This has confused alot of people, but to clear it out you CAN'T get the magazine in sewers with Quistis Zell and Selphie (althought you can only see it behind a door), so to get it you have to use either Rinoa or Squall and Irvine when sneaking into the Presidental Palace (Sorceress Assassination) and access the sewers from there (before climbing the crates) to get the magazine

- June Issue (Flame Saber, Gauntlet, Morning Star, Red Scorpion):
The only other magazine that you don't have to look for, you get it after defeating BGH251F2 in the missile base

- July Issue (Twin Lance, Rising Sun, Bismark, Crescent Wish):
After the Garden fights, look around in the Training Center and you'll find it (sorry I can't be more specific but I can't remember more than that)

- August Issue (Punishment, Ehrgeiz, Cardinal, Save the Queen):
There's a treasure a few steps south of the gargoyle, that be the Trabia gargoyle statue (gargoyles can be found in all 3 Gardens main gates, ok i'm driftin off) anyways walk slowly south of the statue (where Selphie's friend is sitting) and you'll find it on the floor

- The First Issue (Lion Heart, Shooting Star, Exeter, Strange Vision):
Bein the very first (and most awesome) issue from Weapon Monthly, it existed before Squall's time, yeh you got to get it during the past -so called dream world- as Laguna. After escaping from Lunatic Pandora, go back there and talk to (it was either Dr. Odine or his assisstant) one of them will have it!

Now for the weapons, and how to get their items (Ordered by Characters):
(Small note: The "where to find items excludes the Card Mod way and all GF refining abilities, since I figured not everyone is a card game fan + it'll do you some good to look around and get to know the game more. Only exception is the Lionheart's Pulse ammo in which you'll need the Ammo-RF ability of Ifrit)

Squall:

Revolver:

6 M-Stone Pieces (Really common, most commonly obtainned from Bite Bugs, Caterchipillars, Glacial Eyes, Red Bats, Buels, Fungars + many others)

Shear Trigger:

Cutting Trigger:

Flame Sabre:

1 Betrayal Sword (You can get that from a Blitz or a Forbidden)

Twin Lance:

1 Dino Bone (You seriously didn't know? ok it's from T-Rexaurs)
2 Red Fangs (Hard to get item, my sources are Hexadragons and Chimeras)
12 Screws (Screws can be found most commonly from Geezards, but sometimes some machines drop it)

Punishment:

1 Chef's Knife (Tonberries got those [and fight you with it])
2 Star Fragments (This is a little hard to get, try the following list: Iron Giants, Ruby Dragons, Anacondaurs, Tri-Faces. It depends on their levels + these aren't the only ones)

Lionheart:

4 Dragon Fangs (Try the dragons, like Hexadragon, Blue Dragon, a Grendel is also a dragon)
12 Pulse Ammo (You MUST refine the ammo from items using Ifrit's Ammo-RF ability, but I'm not lettin you down and will tell you how to get the items, ok here we go:
10 Pulse Ammo can be refinned from 1 Energy Crystal (Get it from Elnoyles, some Behemothes and Ruby Dragons)
5 Pulse Ammo can be refinned from 1 Laser Canon (Most commonly MobileType 8 if you're lucky, and there's also Elastoids then Belhelmel)
20 Pulse Ammo can be refinned from 1 Power Generator (I'm not too sure, but try machines that use Ray Bomb like X-ATM092 or GIM52A if you don't want to miss the FMV)

I knew this post wasn't enough to keep that much info ;ouc so the rest is pushed into the next post
Power generator is obtained from the Blitz enemies in the Centra area. It's a random stolen item of a certain level (over 30), and it's a rare steal.
Koby_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:52 PM   #11

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

So rare I didn't manage to steal it once in all these years..

On disc one, after you have been on the train, return to Timber and encourage the guy outside the Timber Maniacs building not to give up his dream. On disc two he will reward you with a pet nametag.

Auto pilot on Raganarok - hit select until the big/most detailed map comes up. Move the cusor to the location you wanna go then press circle and it will auto-fly there.
Gumdrop is offline   Reply With Quote