Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > RPG Stories > The Story of Palis
Community Mark Forums Read

The Story of Palis A continuing story of worlds trapped in war, where their only hope are Heroes from other worlds.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2005, 07:22 AM   #11

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~
Two hours later they arrived at town. Nichi had walked the rest of the way because Belials little pet had managed to damage his carnasor’s motivation to come with. Nichi was use to walking though. He was right though that damn demon needed his help that was the only reason he came. Nichi thought it might be a good idea to remove his restraints now knowing that he was in fact going to need full power to fend off such a powerful creature as this. Everyone dismounted and they tied up the carnasors outside of town, Belials pet disappeared into the darkness.

Malice and Magus looked ready; Belial just looked like he was thinking of how he could cheat the situation.

Nichi lifted up his Pant legs and pulled back his sleeves revealing two bracers on each limb. One was think and plain the other ornate but very thin. He first took off the plain ones from his arms and dropped them. Malice looked intrigued. The bracers hit the ground with a large thud.

“What were those exactly?” Magus said

“They seem to be training weights.” Malice said.

“Yeh Magic training weights that I’ve been wearing for about ten years now, they increased in weight every time I got stronger.” Nichi said. “They were around 30lbs each when I put them on. I have no idea how much they weigh now.”

Malice bent over and picked one up. His eyes wild. “These must weigh at least 150lbs now.” Malice looked impressed.

Magus picked up the other. “Very interesting!”

Malice took of the others on his legs they also seemed to weight about the same. “With this demon after Belial we can’t be too safe. If you have anything that will help you fight better please have it ready.”

Malice looked at the other bracelets. “What are those?”

“These suppress ki, the only time I have ever taken off these was fighting Belial, and He can tell you how nasty they can make me.” Nichi said looking at Belial who nodded in agreement.

Malice went and pulled up his pant legs and pointed to his own training weights. “I only keep them on the legs, my physical attack depend too much on speed to hinder it with weights.” Malice smiled. “It’s interesting we would use the same training methods.”

Nichi nodded, and pointed at the gate into town. The cane tapping started. Belial started in waving at the others. “If I find anything you’ll head them screaming, try to follow that.”

Malice magus and Nichi all entered together staying in a group. Nichi couldn’t believe how much lighter he felt. As he was enjoying how much lighter he felt the broad side of an axe hit him knocking him out of the air as he was jumping. Malice and Magus turned around to see a hulking beast about 8 feet tall that looked like a gain oxen demi-human.

“I think we found one.” Nichi said as he got back to his feet. ‘He doesn’t seem too happy to see us though.”

“But I don’t see any sign of a crystal in him.” Magus said readying his scythe.

Malice drew his daggers and pointed at its eyes. “Its one all right no whites in the eyes can only mean that he is possessed.”

Malice readied for attack and conjured his wind walking abilities; Magus started casting a large void spell. Malice went in, the monster swung his axe and malice went under its arm on the right and side and sliced the tendons. As they started to heal Magus launched the void spell on his the back side of the same arm, taking it almost to the bone. Malice caught foot and turned and hit the arm again with the end of the blade hitting bone and taking off the entire arm. As this happened Nichi Attacked the left arm and managed to cut the monsters hand off with two well placed blows to the wrist. Magus readied another void spell the creatures dismembered limbs started to grow back but not fact enough to block against the combined force of Nichi and Malice’s furry of head on attacks. The void spell hit right in the chest of the beast and knocked it down. Nichi went in for the final blow but the beast kicked him in the face. Nichi screamed in pain and fell to the ground holding his eyes. Malice used the winds current to throw the beast several feet into the air and as it came back down Malice used his daggers to plunge into the back of hits head. The beast went limp and turned to dust. The crystal shard laid on the ground a pale white color. Malice smashed it with his boot.

Magus was already at the aid of Nichi who was holding his eyes as blood spew from behind his hand. “Are you ok? What’s wrong Nichi?” Can I do anything?” Magus said concerned.

“Water I need water.” Nichi managed to say after much sobbing with pain.

Malice put a sack of water in Nichi’s hand and Nichi took it and got on his knees and poured it on his face. He turned to Malice and Magus.

Malice looked in horror. “Your eyes, they are gone.” Malice said looking into the now empty sockets of Nichi’s face.

Magus looked as well and felt his own eyes and shuttered.

Nichi got to his feet and started walking. “Makes no difference, I’ve been blind before. I can travel by hearing but I can’t fight like this, Belial might be able to help.” Nichi shivered at the thought of letting hit black magic touch him.

Malice and Magus nodded at each other and followed Nichi.

“So you can no longer learn skills by use of those eyes of yours?” Malice said sounding somewhat upset.

“I wouldn’t think so.” Nichi laughed. The pain was already going away.

A loud scream came from the road just ahead of them. Belial stood there with a faded crystal in hand and crushed it. He didn’t even seem to have broken a sweat killing whatever he had just faced. He looked at Nichi who was walking towards him. “This is not a good sign. I remember you being strong, not weak enough to loose your eyes to a damn lower demon.” He almost laughed as he said this.

“This might be funny and all to you but I can fight like this.” Nichi shuttered again. “I need your help; I know you can heal me, though the side effects are going to be less then desirable.”

Belial looked very pleased to Malice and Magus; it was almost as if he wanted this to happen. “Well I can’t give you back eyes, but I can give you better hearing.” He chuckled. “Only thing is if I do this, you’ll hear everything, including the demon aura talking to you.” Belial lit a cigarette. “Oh and you’ll be a semi-demon from then on, a half breed.” Belial said grinning in a way that made him look like he was doing it just because he knew that Nichi couldn’t see him doing it.

Nichi thought this over. “Is there any other way?”

Belial smiled again. “Well I could give you white eyes.”

Nichi had heard of white eyes, eyes that could only pick up the aura of creatures by the flow of their energies. It however also is said to drive people who have them crazy because they see the dead, and can’t sleep because they can see through their own eyelids. Problems that can be solved if give the proper items. “Will those taint me as being a demon?”

Belial sneered unhappily. “No you remain mortal. Lucky for you should you choose that I happen to have taken some off the last guy that lost a poker match to me.” Belial couldn’t look more pleased with himself to Malice and Magus.

“Don’t do it, neither of those cured ways of gaining back your sight is worth it.” Malice said.

Magus looked confused. This world was so very strange compared to earth.

Nichi though this over. “Give me the eyes.”

Belial smiled happily. “It’s your choice remember that.” He pulled out a jar from under his jacket and poured the two eyes into his hands. Placing his other hand over Nichi’s eyes and the eyes disappeared from his hand and the hand over Nichi’s eyes glow black.

Malice noticed something strange right away when Belial took away his hand. Nichi didn’t have the white eyes. They looked more catlike. “Is that how hey are supposed to look?” He pointed.

Belial looked at Nichi and shock filled him. He looked at the jar. “Oh shit!”

Nichi’s eyes were a dark red and looked very pissed off.

“What the hell did you do Belial?” Malice said stepping back from Nichi who was now glowing a black aura.

Belial swallowed hard.
Ensayne appeared and looked at Nichi’s eyes. “Belial what exactly do you think your doing?” She looked at the other two. “I’d get back if I were you. A bad thing is going to happen to Nichi here and I don’t think you want to see it.”

Before they could get back two horns came to the surface of Nichi’s forehead. Fangs grew and his shirt was burned away by the energy surrounding him. The marks of the ice tribe burnt away. The mark of Xeris formed in its place.

“What the hell is happening to him Belial?” Malice said

Magus looked and then said “He put the wrong eyes in. Those were dragon eyes. Nichi’s body is about to be replaced completely with a new one of its design.” Magus had heard about this once on his travel, but he thought it was only myth.

Ensayne nodded and pointed.