Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy VII
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy VII The Legendary Final Fantasy! Come talk about this classic Hit from 1997

Old 08-07-2005, 08:00 PM   #16

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart
Re: Final Fantasy 7's Hardest Bosses

And we are pointing out things we disagree with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart250
The Ultimate Weapon has only two attacks: Quake and the Ultima Beam.
That's not true. I know he uses a Gravity attack as well, but I can't remember if it's Demi, Demi2 or Demi3. One of them. He can also use Shadow Flare, but that's only as finishing attack (And if you want to learn it, you may want to equip all your Enemy Skill materias on the character tha will deal the last blow, and make sure s/he survives it). I'm pretty sure he can attack physically as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart250
After several Bahamut ZERO and Knights of the Round attacks, Emerald Weapon will probably try to kill you with Aire Tam Storm.
I've heard that Emerald will only use Aire Tam Storm if his eyes are open, and then you can easily prevent it by attacking his eyes (20k-30k damage is enough to make him close them, if I recall correctly) as soon as he opens them. I don't know for sure though if that's how it works.
Memories will fade
ShadowHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 03:20 PM   #17

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.

I also notice how he completely skipped how to lessen the damage Aire Tam Storm deals. And the WEAPONS are not the hardest bosses anyway, with the exception of Ruby and Emmy. I happen to know that Sephiroth is much more powerful than Ultimate, so how come he isn't mentioned either? And Diamond is a cinch. I had more trouble with the Guard Scorpion than with Diamond (Early Chocobo Breeding = Midgar Raid with Knights). Why don't you put some other hard bosses on here?

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member
FFnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 08:08 PM   #18

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

The hardest regular must-face bosses are probably Materia Keeper, Lost Number (well, depending on at which stage of the game you face him) and Demon Wall. Well, they are about the only bosses in the game that I constantly see help threads for at GameFAQs' FF7 message board. They pop up like there's no tomorrow. And yes, those 3 can all be pretty challenging if you're underleveled and/or don't know what strategy to use.. probably more difficult than any other boss in the game, except Emmy and Ruby. At least they are the 3 bosses I remember having the most trouble with during my first playthrough at least (especially Demon Wall).

EDIT: Realized Lost Number isn't a must-face boss, and I'm not sure I even fought him on my first time through. But anyway
Memories will fade
Old 08-09-2005, 09:02 AM   #19

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.

I have never had any trouble with Lost Number. Now Rapps is annoying. That no-materia fight is the only one that I can lose many times in a row. I just have to hope that I get lucky and he doesn't Aero3 my team to the grave every time. Which he usually does.

Official Ex-Member
Old 08-09-2005, 05:58 PM   #20

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Lost Number caused problems for me my first time at least, because I had never fought him and hadn't read anything about it.. so I ended up with his physical form and I don't think I I survived it (he can after all, one-hit kill all your party members if you're not in the back row and/or have barrier active). Since then I always make sure to get his magical form, and finish him with limits. But yeah, if you fight him as soon as possible, and you don't know anything about the fight before-hand, he may very well be trouble.

Ah yes, Rapps. I know that Aero3 whopped me nicely the first time through, but I can honestly not remember ever losing that fight. I tend to level quite a bit though.
Memories will fade
Old 08-09-2005, 06:48 PM   #21

FFnut
Master Thief

I always spammed spells whenever I fought a boss. I can't remember ever physically attacking LN, even when he was in his magic form. It was before I knew anything about him, too, so I was confused when my magic started dealing so little damage when he transformed.

Official Ex-Member
Old 08-10-2005, 07:33 PM   #22

Lionheart250
Cactuar Thorn

Location: In the Northen Crater helping Sephiroths real body!
Send a message via AIM to Lionheart250

I kinda copied this thing besides the one that only has Emerald and Ruby!!!
...jeezz...
Lionheart250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 07:44 AM   #23

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Lol, yeah I kind of guessed you did
Memories will fade
Old 08-12-2005, 04:56 AM   #24

Lionheart250
Cactuar Thorn

Location: In the Northen Crater helping Sephiroths real body!
Send a message via AIM to Lionheart250

(Dangit, they got away with it, my pride could of been like Squall lying to Seifer (Z) Alasmy)
I mean...*sob*
We'll it's kinda weird posting this,lying to Seifer (Z) Alasmy) I mean watta heck is that.
I'll post this but I'll get away with my pride with others threads!
Lionheart250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:19 PM   #25
Luis
ˇˇ Fresón rebelde ˇˇ

I don't remember all bosses by their names, and I have translation problems too, as in the Spanish version of Final Fantasy legacy some names change(the main character of FFIX was called Yitan in the Spanish version, and by the other hand I heard it was called Zidane in other countries(like the French football player ) ) So, could you tell me where could we find Lost Numer and Rapps?
Sephiroth was much harder than Ultimate Weapon and Diamond weapon for sure!!
The first time I played Final Fantasy VII I won Rubi Weapon (I can't remember what I did!) as I didn't use any tactics: I was just trying to keep my team(well, at least one of them) alive, and waiting to see it day after beating it quite a lot; and I won this Weapon 5 years ago!!!(The first time I completed the game).
Nevertheless, I've never won Emerald Weapon, and after seeing how my team was so easily defeated(after all game's progress) I chose forgetting about it and going to visit the North's Cave.
Man, Final Fantasy rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 09:32 AM   #26

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Rapps is the small dragon-like boss you fight in Wutai after Yuffie's stolen all your materia. It's Don Corneo's pet.

Lost Number is the boss in the safe in Nibelheim.. you know, you have to enter the right combination and the safe will open. After you beat him, you get the Odin materia and the key to the basement so you can get Vincent.

Materia Keeper is the giant spider-like boss in the Nibel mountains that you see on the screen and have to run into to fight.

Demon Wall is the demon wall boss at the end of the Temple of the Ancients.

And yes, the main character in FFIX is called Zidane in all version that I know of. I guess they just changed it some European translations (we don't get a Swedish translation of games in Sweden, thank GOD for that.. it's the same as dubbing a movie, horrible IMO).
Memories will fade
Old 08-13-2005, 11:35 AM   #27
Luis
ˇˇ Fresón rebelde ˇˇ

Oh yes, now I remember. Well, I think the hardest one of all these is Demon Wall. Materia Keeper was hard too, but others were just bosses. I think the main problems are those bosses which you fight in a moment you didn't expect to, as you probably don't have enough macig points or life points in some of your characters..
The trouble for Materia Keeper was the magic he used(I don't know how was it called, as I know the Spanish name for the spell),that one you could learn with Enemy Skill.
Anyway, we could say that Emerald Weapon is the hardest one,(I've been told that if you fight Sephiroth with your level at 99, he becomes much more stronger, but I've never tried it). Don't you agree with me?
Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 07:07 PM   #28

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

The Enemy Skill that Materia Keeper uses is called Trine.. it's one of the most useful attack spells in the game in the earlier stages IMO

I've heard that Sephiroth's HP increases with each level you gain starting from a certain level (can't remember which one).. which would give him the most HP when you're at level 99. But I can't confirm that..
Memories will fade
Old 08-18-2005, 01:17 PM   #29

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~

Emerald and Ruby were the hardest by far, they made even Sephiroth look like a wimp.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:19 PM   #30

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Well, of course.. I don't believe anyone has ever claimed anything in this game to be more difficult than either Emerald or Ruby
Memories will fade