Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy V
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy V The controversial classic released in 1992 with two different translations.

Old 08-27-2006, 05:33 PM   #1

Zeon
Master Thief

Location: where the tonberry lies, i'll be there, where the sea meets the sands, i'll be there...hell :)
Send a message via MSN to Zeon
what methods did u use to beat neo-ex-death?

im stuck........and ashamed by it im an FF gamer and cant beat this game

ive been training for a while but i just cant win (its the psone version) can anyone help with a strategy to kicking his ass?

like recommended lvls/equiptments/job (id have thought either bare or mimic jobs myself as i have them all mastered ) would be of great help

thnks and kind regards in advance

Zeon matrix
Zeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 05:43 PM   #2

Yggdrasill
Cruxis Angel

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrasill
Re: what methods did u use to beat neo-ex-death?

Well I normally beat him by using "Guardian" and "Shell" on my weakest characters to reduce the damage done by his magic attacks. By that time I has mastered "Red Mage" so I could do two spells in one turn.
The only advice I can give you is heal every turn and try and balance your party out before attacking, such as using defence spells and such.
Neo-Exdeath is very hard though so it may take lot's of tries.

Homer: I've learned that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.
Yggdrasill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 05:46 PM   #3

Zeon
Master Thief

Location: where the tonberry lies, i'll be there, where the sea meets the sands, i'll be there...hell :)

ok thanks for the help. ill try in the next few days again and get back too u on the results
Old 08-27-2006, 07:25 PM   #4
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Everyone should be Bare with their best mastered abilities, so they can equip Ribbons, Angel Rings, and Red Shoes for free.

On the first battle, summon Golem to intercept his attacks. Your equipment should nullify status ailments. Now, cast Haste 2 and Shell on everyone (or just Guardian/Big Guard/Mighty Guard if you have it). This carries on to the next fight with Neo-ExDeath, so Almagest (ignore 'Ultragust'...) and his other level 3 spells won't do as much damage.

Use your strongest attacks. Holy/Meteor/Flare/Throwing Shuriken/X-Fight. He'll go down. A really monstrous combo is to use GilToss ('$Toss') and Mime it with a Mime or someone with the Mime ability. That, or Throwing 'MagiShuriken' (Fuuma Shuriken) and Miming does alot of damage, for free. Well, you'll have to use one item, but Miming won't use up any more.

Good luck. He's pretty difficult too. They just don't make final bosses like they used to...
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:04 AM   #5

Zeon
Master Thief

yer thts cool advice. ive got enuf ribbons and red shoes etc and ive mastered all abilitys so shouldnt be any issues there but what sorta lvls would u recommend for facing him? im in the 50's atm i think......would tht be ok? (i read in a walkthrough tht it should be but just to get a professional opinion )
Old 08-28-2006, 08:15 PM   #6
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

I usually beat the game in the thirties, so you shouldn't have any problems. xD
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #7

dappa
Master Summoner

You've mastered all your abilities ok. I first defeated him on my first time at level 30 but since then I've been beating him on level 50+. Have everyone on mime. at least one character with the summon magic ability then eveyone else can have various combinations of their other abilities in the mimes customisable slots. Have one character cast guardian then someone summon bahamut then everyone mime it. This is a foolproof strategy cause your characters will get 4 or 5 turns before neo x death gets its turn. Within 6 or 7 summons of bahamut neo x death will fall. I dont recommend any other strategies which involve not hitting all x deaths body parts at once because when he is down to one body part left he seems to speed up and attack constantly with meteo spell. Thats why the mime bahamut strategy works as all his body parts will die at the same time and he cant hammer you with meteo. Hope you find this helpful mate.
dappa is offline   Reply With Quote