Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

View Poll Results: Is it right to cheat on someone you is in a relionship?
Yes 3 9.09%
No 30 90.91%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2006, 05:23 AM   #16

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor
Re: Cheating

People who cheat are despicable. If I ever did something like that, I couldn't live with myself.

However, a person's sexual desires can drive them away from their partner if their partner refuses to have sex with them, or just doesn't feel like it. And often times, cheating is just a way to get revenge on their partner if he/she made them angry or did something they thought was wrong. Or the cheating of a partner could be done out of spite (also to get back at another person, etc.)

There are many reasons for cheating; too many to count, but my opinion is that no matter the reason, if you cheat, then you're doing a most horrid thing. Someone who cheats does not really deserve a partner, especially if that's all they want to do is cheat on them.

I have mixed feelings....But I know it's wrong.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:00 PM   #17

Yggdrasill
Cruxis Angel

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrasill

I think cheating in a relationship is horrible.
If you're in a relationship with someone and you love them and their cheating on you it just shows they have no feelings towards you. Personally I think that if someone is cheating they should just tell the person their in a relationship with instead of doing it in secret. If they aren't happy with the person their currently with they should admit it to that person so they can at least move-on with their lives.

Homer: I've learned that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.
Yggdrasill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:30 PM   #18

Staircase
Shinra Owner

Send a message via AIM to Staircase

I have noticed something quite interesting... everybody here is younger than 20 except Reason who admitted to cheating. And I'm guessing a lot of us haven't had more than 3 girlfriends in our entire lives. Now i am in no way saying that cheating is right, but this may be a topic where opinions change over time. None of us know the pressures that are on us in a real relationship (not a high school crush). So it may be much more difficult than a lot of us think.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:11 AM   #19

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

I'm over 20, and don't believe there is any excuse for cheating on someone whom you profess to love and who trusts you. It is really the ultimate betrayal. This is serious relationships though. The teen tryout type things will involve cheating because those involved are young and learning how to handle relationships. Some young people learn faster and better than others. Immature boys, and girls, bouncing from one partner to the other rarely take the time to consider what their actions have on those they leave behind. While that isn't nice to the person hurt, it is part of the learning process and we've all been through it.

After leaving the teen years behind, I've never cheated on any guy I've been in a relationship with, but was cheated on once (that I know of), and immediatly dropped the guy like a hot brick when I found out. The anger and hurt was immense.

Really, once things cool to the point where eyes and thoughts start wandering, then it is time to pull the plug on the relationship. The hurt from breaking up is bad enough, but the hurt from a partner cheating is a 1000 times worse.

Glad to hear Reason realised what he'd done, and is now trying to repair the damage. Be aware though, that your girl will never totally trust you again, there will always be that speck of doubt in the back of her mind. This is the sort of betrayal that will never totally go away. I wish you luck rebuilding the relationship though, seems that old saying is true, you truly don't know what you have, until it is gone.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:41 PM   #20

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

Hurting someone in their herat is far more worser than anything I can think of. It kinda changes a person too.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:48 PM   #21

Kat
k i t t y .

Send a message via AIM to Kat Send a message via MSN to Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressCrystal
Hurting someone in their herat is far more worser than anything I can think of. It kinda changes a person too.
Lol,yea i've been cheated on twice in my life and i've definatly changed since.

The perfect Example of: Imperfection
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 01:00 AM   #22

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

I really haven't been cheated on, but I still know how bad it can be.

Last edited by Seyluv; 01-13-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Seyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 06:29 AM   #23

Zeon
Master Thief

Location: where the tonberry lies, i'll be there, where the sea meets the sands, i'll be there...hell :)
Send a message via MSN to Zeon

cheating is wrong i agree with all of you that the factor tht if your in a relationship with someone else and your temped by another then you should talk with them about it. try and figure out whats driving you into wanting someone else. i myself did this. my ex-gf moved away and it was a hard relationship even before then. i was always working/at college and she was just out and about with her parents and working hard at school (i 1st year col she was yr 11 skl) and then i met someone at college whos just perfect for me. we have so much in common. well.....i obviously wasnt gunna cheat on her. she was miles away and tht would have just drven me mad with guilt. so i called her up tht night and said about this girl. and we agreed tht the distance and tht we wouldnt see each other often enough was too much and so we broke off. me and the girl from college got together and are very happy . i didnt need to cheat to make myself feel loved by another. practically everything can be sorted with words and becoz of this i believe tht cheating is unnessasary and wrong and therefore pointlessly stupid. for those who do it, shame upon you. (im not having a go at you Reasoniamalive...as you've been there and learned from it.) and for those of you still out there who are considering it.....not tht there should be......try telling either the person your in the relationship with or if you dont think she could handle it a very close friend and ask for advice from them. if they really are your friend then they'll help you make the right decision for you. But just dont CHEAT!!!!!!! so yer.....thts wat i have to say. cheating = wrong.

ive never been cheated on (tht im awre of) but im sure tht im not tht great so someones bound to have done it to me. but im happy with my new girlfriend and i really couldnt care. i do have sympathy to those who have been cheated on and i honestly cant imagine what it feels like but i hope tht we all learn somethign from it and start to progress in this world to making the right choices.

Last edited by Zeon; 12-26-2006 at 06:33 AM.
Zeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 12:02 PM   #24

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

Thank you Arkacia and Zeon for your thoughts and honesty. I agree w/you that it is immaturity behind it because I was very immature for my age. My background had a lot to do w/that (although I am not blaming my selfishness/immaturity on that.) In the end, it just comes down to common sense, or selfishness. You know what you should do, but you let the 'dark side' win. Zeon makes a very good point that talking things over almost always has a better outcome than cheating. Far less (if any) guilt associated with talking also.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 12:47 PM   #25

Spec Highwind
The Portuguese Dragoon

Send a message via MSN to Spec Highwind Send a message via Yahoo to Spec Highwind

It's good to see that we all think the same way. 10-0

"My hopes live on in those who remain"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
omg.
that quote is totally going in my sig.
Spec Highwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 02:18 PM   #26

Zeon
Master Thief

Location: where the tonberry lies, i'll be there, where the sea meets the sands, i'll be there...hell :)
Send a message via MSN to Zeon

its great to see also so many different veiws about why cheatings wrong too. makes you wonder just how deep human emotions really go. and its great to see we can share the same opinions no matter what
Zeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:29 PM   #27

Cloud101
The Dark Guardian

I would never hurt my little Tessa, I would die for her, I would wait an eternity for her, she makes me so happy, and I her. We're perfect for each other, I'll never cheat on her!
Old 01-13-2007, 12:27 PM   #28

Phoenix Flame

^ Sigh...
Old 01-14-2007, 09:57 PM   #29

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

Haha, I've cheated before.

Actually, it's nothing to laugh about. It's actually quite saddening. Cheating, or "seeing other people", can mean different things to different people. I've only cheated once, and that was when I wasn't satisified with my relationship, but I cared too much for my girlfriend's feelings to break it off with her. So, I decided to cheat on her. It felt wrong, horrible, and dispicable the first time I kissed another woman other than her while dating. o_O But y'know what? I liked it. I actually felt that our relationship could go somewhere.

That's why I cheated. I just wasn't happy, and I at least cared for my other. Hell, I even told her. I had that giant hole in my stomach(the butterfly feeling, lol.) for a few weeks, but I eventually got over it. Live, love, and learn. If you feel your relationship isn't going anywhere, and you don't want to break it off because you care for her, then go ahead and cheat.

The only wrong thing to do is cheat for a long time without telling your other. Now that's something I'd NEVER do. I told Ashley (that ex I was referring to as "her" in the first paragraph XD) that I was cheating on her in the first few weeks of doing it. You can't live with yourself if you do turn your back on your lover for another, without even giving her the slightest insight.

So, cheating is alright. It's not the most smart way to deal with a bad relationship. Sure, sex and needs also play into the role, but if you're actually serious about a relationship, then cheating isn't so bad. You just have to be truthful, and ready to face whatever comes your way. You may have broken her heart, but at least you didn't lie to her. For that, she'll give you the least bit of respect, but it's something. It's better than losing a lover, then a friend in the same process. XD
Old 01-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #30

Phoenix Flame

I totally disagree w/you Hydra... but that's because I've been there. If you are a 'friend' wouldn't you talk about how you are unhappy and stuff before cheating---> or say "I think we should see other people" or "I feel unhappy and want to experiment w/someone else" or something...anything!? Just not do it first and hide it ---> no matter if it's a day, a week, or a year! I was so stupid/naive/immature and I know that; but you live and you learn.

Anyway, that's how I feel. I've definitely learned more about myself and 'us' from the experience...but never would want to repeat it!
~fin~