Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > RPG Stories > Final Fantasy: Persecution
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy: Persecution New Final Fantasy Based RPG Story. Open ended.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:32 PM   #1

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~
Chapter 1

Nobody is sure what happened ten years ago. Maquin was a peaceful country; while not perfect it was a country even its enemies had respect for. The Quin-Jin were a powerful race, respected by the moogles for their adaptability. Their life’s within this nation was built around discipline of mind and body. Eleven years ago the Kruasarians showed up on the south boarders of Maquin. Nobody knows where they came from, they had never been seen before, not even in legends. They seemed to be lead without a true leader, organized in a way that resembled a hive-mind. Even the summons were killed with ease by these new foe. For the hundreds of thousands of warriors the Maquin had to protect their country, only five Kruasarians died in the entire invasion.

Present day:

The capitol city of Maquin, Rutilus Urbs, was now the largest slave driven city in the world. Nari watched as many of her people, younger then her, worded as slaved for the Kruasarians. She shook her head in disbelief. “These poor souls are stuck forever.” She whispered to herself, remembering that in the end, even if freed these people have no self will left in them. The Kruasarians had “treated” them, infusing their blood with the Quin-Jin.

Nari leapt onto the next building roof, she was looking for food, the bandits she had joined had sent her, the fastest and most gifted thief of the group to find medicine for some of the recently wounded members. Elixers were hard to come by these days.

As the last soldier passed Nari jumped down into an abandoned Herbalists hut and dug through stack after stack of empty bottles. She pulled her sack off her back and started putting in the potions, phoenix feathers, and Elixers. Nari’s ears perked as she heard the chink of armor outside of the store. The heavy breathing of a Damascus Wolf made the hair on the back of Nari’s neck spike in fear.

The door started to open as the Wolf poked its head in, Nari quickly jumped out a window close to her and scrambled up the back of the building and started hightailing it or the wall. Nari was a good thief but she had no desire to fight off a Damascus Wolf.

The Wolf burst through the back wall and came quickly after Nari’s scent. Nari was pleased to see that the fire her comrads had started on the other side of town kept the Kruasatians busy, she didn’t have much to worry about them at least. She turned to face her quickly gaining opponent. Her daggers drawn Nari took a bounding stance. The wolf jumped high, exposing a gap in its armor. A quick strike and a roll to the side Nari watched as her single precise attack took down the three hundred pound wolf.

Nari rolled out her thief tools and started dismantling as much of the metal as she could, getting only a few plates off the wolf before deciding its was time to get moving before more of them came, she was lucky, had it not jumped at her she would probably still be fighting, or worse dead. Only a few hundred feet till city wall, a quick leap and she was out.

A few hours later she was back at the underground thief camp thirty miles east of town.

“Ah, Nari! Yu made it back.”

“Yes Ashar, I got what you guys sent me there for too, enough to last a while.” Nari opened her sack to reveal a trove of medicine.

“You did good kid. Glad you joined our camp, though something tells me you were just fine living in the city.” Ashar joked

“Nari, did you see anything?”

“No Sam, only a set of soldiers, and a Damascus. I killed the Damascus and managed to get three plates off it, but other then that the usual, slaves and soldiers.”

Nari pulled the three pieces of high grade metal from her belt and handed them to Sam. “Give these to the blacksmith, he should be able to make a good sword for someone, I need some rest, its been a long day.”

Nari climbed up into a ledge in the cave and unrolled her bed. “Night all.”

“Night Nari, you’re a lifesaver.” Ashar smiled.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:25 AM   #2

rissole25
Highwind Captain

Re: Chapter 1

(This is the first time i've wrote in one of these so i hope you like it)

The night air whipped across Jayden’s face as he unwrapped his sack. He pulled out a piece of bread and ate the whole thing, realizing he’d have to find more food soon before he ran out. With his hunger still there, Jayden picked up his sack and his bow and set off towards the capital.

Thoughts of Nari came into Jayden’s head as he was walking. He was hoping she would be okay wherever she was. Jayden started thinking of where she could’ve gone when he caught something out of the corner of his eye. Without thinking, Jayden automatically grabbed an arrow and was ready to fire if anything attacked him.

As Jayden got closer to the object, he realized it was just a scroll of parchment. Jayden lowered his bow but stayed alert for anything unusual. He bent down, picked the scroll up and unrolled it. The first word he saw on it was “SLOW”. He realized that this was a magic scroll. Jayden was about to throw it away when he remembered what Jiran told him before he left on his journey.

“Anything you find has value and can be sold depending on the value”

As much as Jayden hated this, he pocketed the scroll, realizing that it was a magic scroll so it would sell for at least two hundred and fifty gil. Jayden continued his walk, feeling dirty on the inside.

At last Jayden saw the capital’s walls before him and started jogging towards them. When he got to the walls he realized how high they actually were.

“How am I supposed to get up there?” he said to himself.

Jayden climbed the nearest tree until he got to the top of it. There he scanned the top of the walls.

“No Winged Forlers.” He muttered, “Something must be go…wait, what’s that?”

There was smoke rising miles away in the city. He could see figures flying towards it. Jayden guessed they were the Winged Forlers that were supposed to be stationed on the walls. He realized this was his chance and with great ease, he jumped over to the walls and landed safely on them.

Taking a quick rest, Jayden got up and scouted the buildings below him. There was a hole in the roof of one of them. With stealth, Jayden made his away over to the hole. He peered down through the hole and saw a ladder leading down into the kitchen area of a house. Jayden knew that there would be food in there. With his bow ready, he jumped down.

After landing, Jayden knew the coast was clear. He made his way to the fridge and opened it. Upon opening it, he saw the whole fridge stacked with food. Quickly and as quietly as he could, Jayden took everything he could carry, not realizing that danger had just arrived.

With his sack full, Jayden proceeded to climb the ladder. As he put his foot down on the first rung of the ladder, he knew something was unusual. When he put his other foot down on the second rung, he started to smell one of the worst smells in the world. He knew that a Shadow was in the room.

As soon as he turned his head around to look for it, the Shadow knocked him to the ground. Getting up quickly, Jayden looked around to see where the Shadow was but knew it was no use. Shadow’s were vile creatures that played with its meal before it killed it. They were invisble and only appeared at night because they hated the sun's light. The only reason you could tell if a Shadow was around was by its smell.

Jayden knew what he had to do. He started firing arrows at random places, hoping that one would hit the Shadow. On his fifth arrow, he knew he had hit it because an arrow was floating midair in front of him. Suddenly, the arrow started moving at light speed. Jayden caught flashes of it around him and knew the Shadow was too fast to attack.

An idea came into Jayden’s head which he didn’t like but he had no other choice. He took out the magic scroll he had picked up in the forest and began to unroll it. He started reading the scroll, thinking and hoping that his parents would forgive him. After he had finished reading it, he held the scroll firmly in his hand

Nѐpolit dѐra apѐn casaѐ.” he said, focusing his mind.

He felt an aura around him that soon left him. The scroll burned up in his hand until there were only ashes in his hand. He felt dirty again, but he had to do this if he wanted to live.

“SLOW”, he yelled, looking at the arrow as he said it.

The arrow’s speed decreased, making it easier to see. Jayden staggered, feeling weak because this was the first time he had ever cast a spell. He quickly readied himself and shot a flurry of arrows at the floating arrow. They all struck the invisible being, knowing he had killed it. It soon dropped to ground with a loud thud.

Jayden stared at the floor for a while, lost in his thoughts, thinking of how he did the very thing he told himself not to do. He soon returned from his thoughts, realizing he had to leave now. He picked his sack up and climbed up the ladder through the hole. He was glad he was in fresh air again, breathing the air in as he climbed up onto the wall. He looked around, making sure the coast was clear. Then he jumped off the wall and ran into the forest to get some rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissole25 View Post
My 1000th post was about you Leon
rissole25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:42 PM   #3

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~

Nari woke to the same silence as usual; the cave did not have much movement at before the sun came into the morning sky. Nari got up and pulled on her clothes, dropping her sleeping bag on the ground and rolled it up. It was her last day with the resistance and she wanted to avoid saying goodbye. It only took her a moment to gather her few belongings. She then chanted a quick Ninjitsu and bolted out the front door.

Nari had been one the run for two years now, somehow she had been marked on the top ten most wanted list, something about her scared the Kruasarians. It’s what kept her moving from rogue camp to rogue camp as often as possible. She desperately looked for her friend Jayden. She lost him when the invasion happened in her home town, her mom and dad were killed, most of the village as well, Jayden had only fallen a little behind when escaping, lucky for him his race was not on the to kill list. She knew he was out there, but where?

Nari decided to head back towards the town she had just come from, she knew it pretty well and so did Jayden, with little effort at this time of morning, she hid in a small side chamber of the sewers where they use to hide from the other kids. She setup a camp and waited.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:15 AM   #4

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

Walking along the outskirts of the forest, Clief could only think back to his island, his home, his childhood.

"It's been 10 years now. I still cant remember what happened." he mumbled to himself.

He kept walking along the forest, before finally entering it. After about 30 minutes of avoiding falling tree branches and stepping over large tree roots, he could see what seemed like a camp fire. He hastily, but stealthly made his way towards it. He could see the fire now, and an area where it appeared someone had been sleeping.

"Whoever was here is long gone now" he thought to himself.

He walked towards the fire and kicked nearby dirt on it to put it out. Then left it and made his way to the other side of the forest.

After a couple days of travel, Clief finally made it to the other side of the forest, where he could see a city wall in the distance. He began to make his way to it, when he spotted some people making his way to him. He hurridly tried to make his way back into the forest but didnt make it in time.

"Hey, you there!?" yelled one of the men.

Clief turned around, and upon closer inspection noticed they were a Kruasarian patrol.

"Oh no, i cant deal with three of them by myself..." he thought to himself.

"Do you think you could get into the city? HA! I bet you wish you could dont you? Rubbish!" spat one of the partolmen.

Clief grinded his teeth as he spoke "Whatever do you mean? I'm but a simple man living in the forest, who just wanted some fresh air"

The patrolman on the left withdrew his sword "You dare lie to us!? Get on your knees and beg for forgiveness!!" he yelled.

Clief hesitated for a moment, then withdrew his steel sword from his hip. He knew instantly it was a mistake. He quickly rolled out of the way from a fire spell. without realising it, he dropped SLOW spell parchment on the ground. He then jumped at one of the guards and attacked him from above, but was deflected and put off guard. The patrolman then punched him in the face and he fell to one knee. Without hesitation he yelled "HASTE!". He quickly rolled 2 meters away from them, then dashed towards the city wall.

"Damn, i didnt want to use that now," he thought to himself.

Upon reaching the wall he spotted a tree, quickly jumped up it and then over the wall. He was safe....for now
Old 12-20-2009, 06:35 AM   #5

rissole25
Highwind Captain

The night air blew against Jaydens face. He needed to get some sleep but couldn't. He had alot on his mind.

The Shadow, how did it know I was there? And I used magic........ I feel just like them now.

Jayden stopped thinking for a moment. He would have to forget his troubles if he were to find Nari.

"Nari", he murmed. "Where are you?"

He was hoping that somehow, she would hear him but he knew she wouldn't.
Jayden needed sleep so he walked back to his campfire only to find a cloaked figure standing infront of the fire.

Jayden raised his bow, arrow in hand. Jayden was cautious and didn't know what to do so he did the only thing he could think of.

"Who are you?", he asked curiously.

"I....", the figure responded, " am a prophet".

The voice was of a female. It was soft and gentle yet it was intrancing. The woman walked into the moonlight and removed her cloak so Jayden could see her.

Her eyes were a deep purple colour. Her silver hair curled down to her shoulders. She wore a blood red dress that went down to her feet. Jayden was amazed at how beautiful she looked.

"What do...you want?

"I have much to tell you Jayden", the woman replied.

"How did you know my name?", he said, wondering who this woman was.

"As I said, I am prophet and I have come to warn you", she said in her same gentle voice.

"Warn me", he said confused, "about what?"

"An evil force will soon rise into this world", she explained, "A force that will enslave humanity".

Jayden was confused. The Kruasarians have basically enslaved half the world. If their was a new force to take over the world, the Kruasarians would not give it up easily.

"This force is even bigger then the Kruasarians", she continued. "It will will enslave all on this planet. The Kruasarians are no exception".

Bigger then the Kruasarians? The Kruasarians are worst things in the world. What could be worse then the Kruasarians.

"Believe me", she startled him. "Impossible it may be but it is true".

"But why are you telling me this", he questioned her. "Why dont you tell the leader of some resistance group or something.".

"Because", she said quietly. "You are destined to stop this evil force".

WHAT!!!

"Me........stop an evil force, Jayden said, astounded. "I er..think you have the wrong guy".

"It's not just you Jayden", she said while staring into the fire. "There are others, like you, who have the power to stop this evil. You must go on a journey to find them.

This is all to much for me. Maybe I'm dreaming this

"I'm leaving now to find the others who will accompany you on this journey. If you don't go then that is your decision and I cannot stop you. However, if you do go on this journey, then we will meet again.

She put her cloak back on and started to walk away.

"WAIT", he called out to her.

"My name is Seri. If you wish to find your friend, she is in a cave to the far east. If you wish to reach her, then you will need to use a chocobo.

And without another word, she vanished into the darkness.

Quote:

Last edited by rissole25; 12-20-2009 at 06:39 AM.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:35 AM   #6

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

Clief awoke on the side of the street, it was just reaching dawn.

I guess i should be on the move. Don't want people asking questions

He got up, put his equipment back on and headed deeper into the city. Along the way, markets were beginning to open, people trying to get him to go to their carts.

I don't have the money to buy things today

As he got closer to the center of the city, the scenery changed. It seemed the poor slaves of the Quin-Jin lived on the outer skirts of the city, and the Kruasarians lived on the inner.

Hmph, just like every other town. they have no respect. Filth!

The Kruasarians began to stare at him as walked. Some even calling him filth, and questioning why he was in this part of town. He wasnt sure himself, only that this way was the fastest way to get through town. He was constantly hiding from authorities, trying not to get caught being in the wrong area, but it was inevitable that he would get caught. Two patrolmen, searching the streets for low lifes spotted him.

"You there!! Stop!!" they yelled at him.

Great, just what i needed to slow me down.....SLOW!! Thats it hehe

He reached around in his coat, only to find nothing.

"Damnit!" he murmerd.

"You say something scum!?" they spat at him.

"Only that i forget to say your prayers for you!" he yelled as he withrew his steel sword.

Shocked, the patrolmen stood, helpless. Cliefattacked the first guard, and slashed him straight down the middle of his torso. He fell backwards and lay dead on the floor, in a puddle of his own blood. Clief then turned towards the other one. He quickly deflected a blow, but the force of it pushed him back several meters into a nearby wall, cracked it with the impact. Clief gasped as he hit it.

"This realy isnt your lucky day my friend. You werent expecting a major to be on patrol today," he said as he took off his shirt, revealing a tatoo of what appeared to be a giant lion.

Clief stood back up and stood his ground.

"Your right, i wasnt expecting it. But i bet you werent expecting to come across the last of the Tyen race!" he yelled as he went in for the attack. He swung his sword from above, but was defected with ease.

"A Tyen you say? What a push over," laughed the major, "I am Kontari! NOW DIE YOU SCUM!"

He raised his hand and yelled "FIRE!"

WHAT!? A spell without a scroll!!

What appeared to be a fireball shot out of Konatri's hand towards Clief.

I have no choice, damnit

A flash of blue came from Clief, deflecting the blast. Once the smoke cleared away, he was standing there, his steel sword sheathed. Instead, in his right hand, he wielded his Crystal Sword. From where he stood, he slashed the air, creating a beam. It was aimed and Kontari. He dodged it to the left and it hit the wall behind him. A look of disbelief on his face was all that he could muster up. He looked up towards Clief, but he was gone.

Clief had jumped up onto the building and begun jumped the alleyways.

That'l alert the whole town. Damn, ive done it now!

He kept jumping the alleyways for a while,wondering why he couldnt see anyone running around trying to find him,he felt it was strange, but brushed it off. He came to the other side of town in a short while. He was out of breath, and out of energy to make the last jump onto the wall. He looked behind him to make sure no-one had followed him. The coast was clear. He took a deep breath, then jumped for the wall. Barely making it, he pulled himself up, and onto it, took one last look, then jumped down. He was out.

That was too easy. They really are stu...

He looked infront of him and stood there shocked. Three Patrolmen, two winged forlers, and Kontari.

I'm in for it now. I cant them all on, even with my Crystal sword. And i still cant control Duegan, its too risky. Should i try and fight my way out of this? Perhaps someone will hear the commotion and come to help me....or would more of them appear...DAMNIT!
Old 12-20-2009, 08:02 AM   #7

rissole25
Highwind Captain

Jayden tied the chocobo to the dead tree. He looked at the chocobo and thought what great creatures they were. He turned his head to the sky and knew that night was falling. Jayden walked into the forest to gather some wood.

Okay, when I find Nari, what will I do then? Is she just supposed to believe that I'm sone great warrior that will stop the world from being destroyed? I do...

A loud noise pierced the air and interupted Jayden's thoughts. It was followed by some yelling. Jayden dropped the wood he was carrying, grabbed his bow and walked through the bushes. It took him only moments to find what had caused the noise.

6 Kruasarians were surrounding a person into a wall. A Patrolmen appeared to be taking out a sword from the wall and Jayden guessed the noise was from the sword hitting the wall. The person the Kruasarians were after started dodging the Krusarians and attacking them. Surely he could not take them all on, Jayden thought and decided to help him. As Jayden raised his bow, the person had already killed a Patrolmen and was taking on another.

Jayden released to quick arrows in succession at the Forlers. The arrows hit their targets and the orlers dropped dead on the ground. This seemed to have taken the mystery person and the remaining Kruasarians by surprise.

"He has a friend", the largest one told the remaining Patrolmen, pointing straight at Jayden. The two Patrolmen started haeading towards Jayden. The mystery person ran upto the one of the Patrolman and stabbed them in the back, killing him. When he went to kill the other Patrolman, he found it already dead with an arrow sticking out of it.

Jayden thought it was a good hit and ran over to assist the guy in taking down the largest Kruasarian.

Quote:
Old 12-20-2009, 08:29 AM   #8

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

"Looks like i owe you one stranger," Clief said to the man.

The man looked at him quickly then back at Kontari. Clief followed his movements.

"Just because you have your friend here to help you, does not mean you can win that easily. You took me by surprise before, but now i know that attack, it wont work again!" he yelled as he raised his hand towards Clief.

The other man froze up, a look of rage exploded on his face. Clief could only guess what he was thinking, but had other things to deal with. With his Crystal sword in his hand, he slashed upwards, creating another beam at Kontari. Kontari had cast another fire spell. Both attacks exploded, forcing all three men to fall backwards. The strange man was quick to his feet.

"You shall fall this day! I'll never forgive you!" he screamed and she shot of three quick arrows at Kontari. Kontari was able to deflect two of them, but the third pierced his left arm. He yelled out in pain as his body lashed backwards from the impact. Clief could only stare as these events unfolded, he couldnt see him shoot those arrows. He looked on in disbelief as the man took another arrow and aimed it at Kontari's head. He fired the arrow, and it went true to his head, but Kontari moved just in time.

"I'll kill you both you scum!!" he yelled out in fury.

He disappeared, then reappeared infront of Clief, he barely had time to react, but was able to block the attack justt in time. As a result, he was knocked back into the air and landed several feet away.

What was that! I couldnt even see him move! What am i suppose to do now?

However the other was moving his head as though he could follow Kontari's movements. Clief was puzzled as to just how strong this man was. He got back up and took a battle stance.

Lend me some strength. Don't fail me now.

Cliefs eyes turned solid blue, a serious look on his face now. He could see Kontari's movements. He also disappeard, and reappears next to the man.

"Together we attack, and we can beat him," he said very seriously.

The man looked at him for a second, and nodded. He withdrew one arrow, and aimed carefully. Clief raised his sword above his head. They both attacked, the arrow slighty faster than Clief's beam. It struck first, straight at Kontari's heart, then the beam hit, and cut straight through him. As the dust settled, there was nothing left of Major Kontari. The man looked beside him, but Clief wasnt there. He looked down, and there he was, collasped from exhaustion.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:01 AM   #9

rissole25
Highwind Captain

Jayden gave the chocobo some food and walked back to the unconscious man. He tended to the mans wounds but there was nothing more he could do. He would simply have to wait till the man regained consciousness. As Jayden stared into the flames of the fire, the man stirred. Jayden quickly turned to the man and helped him get up.

The man stared at Jayden for a while and spoke after a while.

"Your a fine ranger", he said, staring at Jayden.

"As are you a fine swordsman", replied Jayden.

The man stared into the flames until Jayden spoke.

"What is your name?", asked Jayden.

"Clief...", replied the man.

"Well Clief, I'm Jayden. Pleased to meet you."

Jayden thrust his hand forward for Clief to shake. Clief stared at the hand, then Jayden and finally shook the hand.

"My thanks to you Jayden", said Clief. "If you had not appeared to help me against Kontari and his men, I don't know what would've happened".

"Its alright", replied Jayden.

Clief felt a bit lighter then usual. Then he realised his swords were gone.

"Where ar..", Clief started but Jayden stopped him.

"There by the fire".

Clief looked beside the fire and surely enough, his Steel sword and Crystal sword were lying sword side-by-side.

Clief felt relieved now. He turned to and saw the chocobo eating.

"So where are you heading?" asked Clief, still staring at the chocobo.

"To a cave", replied Jayden. "In the east. I'm looking for my friend Nari and...."

"And?" said a puzzled Clief.

"Ah...Nothing. It's nothing", Jayden said quickly, not wanting to talk about Seri and what she had said.

"I see....", said Clief. He could tell Jayden was keeping something from him but decided not to bother him about it.

"Well", said Clief. "We should get some sleep".

He lay back down.

"Night Jayden".

"Night Clief". And as Jayden started to lay down, he started wondering about Clief's Crystal sword.

Quote:
Old 12-20-2009, 09:19 AM   #10

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

Clief awoke to the smell of a smouldering fire. He sat up, and looked around. His swords were still next to the fire, but Jayden was missing. He looked towards the chocobo, it was still there.

I wonder where Jayden went?

He stood up and wandered over to his swords. Still hazy from the battle the day before, he fell to one knee.

"You should take it easy," said a voice from behind.

Clief quickly spun around alerted, only to find Jayden staring at him with a large smile.

"Only me friend. I just went to get some water, I'll be leaving soon," he said.

Clief looked relieved and Jayden walked past him towards the chocobo. He put some bags of water over it, then gave it a stroke.

"I am curious....you were able to move so fast, and follow Kontari's movements so easily....how?" asked Clief.

Jayden hesitated, but answered his question short "through alot of training."

Clief fell silent, he knew instantly he had touched a soft spot. Jayden then changed the subject.

"I am also curious. That sword, the crystal one. It's not an ordinary sword is it?" he asked.

Clief paused for a moment

Should i say anything and reveal who i am? I dont think he has a taste for magic judging by his reacting to the fire spell yestiday. Still, he saved my life, so i think i should owe it to him....hmmm

"To be honest? I'm the last of my kind. Those bastards killed everyone...my home...my family,"

Jayden looked a little shocked, but then smirked a little.

"Then we have something in common my friend," he replied.

Both men laughed, even though feeling immense pain at what they were laughing at. It was good to laugh, it had been so long for Clief, and he had a feeling it had been for his new friend aswell.

"You say you are heading for a cave in the east?" asked Clief.

"Yes"

"Well, it could be dangerous, i think i may join you for a little bit, until you find your friend that is," Clief said with a smile on his face.

Jayden hesitated, then nodded.

"I only hope that thing can carry the both of us," Clief laughed as he pointed to the chocobo.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:51 AM   #11

rissole25
Highwind Captain

"Hehe, actually I'm gonna let it go", replied Jayden. "The cave to the east isn't that far and I think the chocbo has had enough of me riding it".

"Thats fine", said Clief.

Jayden untied the chocobo and he and Clief watched it run happily over the hills to find other chocobos.

With there equipment, the two men strolled into the the forest, unaware that they were being watched.

"Um...Jayden", asked Clief. "Do you know where your doing?"

Jayden looked around. He had passed that rock before, he was sure of it.

"I thought that rock looked the same", said Jayden, wondering where they could be.

"Oh no", said Clief, look worried. "We're in the Jemot Forest".

"And why is that bad?"

"Because the Jemot Forest is magical. It supposedly it confuses its visitors by making them walk the same path. Eventually....", said Clief with a heavy heart. "You die. You die from starvation. And before you die, you go crazy from not seeing anyone".

Jayden stared at Clief with his mouth open.

"Lucky for us", said Clief. "We have eachother to keep us from going crazy. And the only way to get out safely is to fly out".

"Fly...", said Jayden in a confused tone. "And how do you suppose we fly out of here".

"Well we ju....."

A loud screeching sound echoed around the forest. Birds flew from the trees and into the sky.

"What was that". asked Jayden, sounding a little nervous.

Quote:
Old 12-20-2009, 10:05 AM   #12

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

Both Clief and Jayden looked around in a panic.

Are we losing our minds already? Sure not, it's only been a few hours. Then what was that!?

"I think we should move from here," said Clief.

"Move where? We'll only end up back here," replied Jayden.

Clief thought for a moment, hesitated, then withdrew his Crystal sword.

"What use is that going to be? We dont even know whats out there?" Said Jayden.

"Like i said, the only way ou is to fly....I'm not comfortable with doing this though. I can't control him," Clief said worried.

Jayden looked at him confused?

Should i realy do this....I have to, its our only option....but...

"What are you goung to do Clief!? We dont have much time!" yelled Jayden.

"Okay okay.....here goes," Clief replied.

He pointed his sword to the sky, then swung it around three time and smashed the ground with a giant swing. His sword lit up a bright blue, and filled the area with this bright light. Jayden squinted through the light, not able to see a thing. As the light faded, he backwards to the ground.

"Wha....what is that thing!?" he exclaimed.

"No time, just jump on!" Clief yelled.

He extended his hand to help Jayden up, to which Jayden grabbed his hand. It reminded him of their handshake the night before.

"Duegan, get us out of here!" he yelled at the creature.

Fine, but dont get used to this

The voice echoed through Clief's head. Both Jayden and Clief got on the back of the giant beast, and took flight.

While in the air Clief explained everything.

"Before you ask....i'll just be honest with you. My Crystal sword is not normal. It contains the spirit of this dragon. He is a Crystal dragon. I.....I am the last of the Tyen race," he said.

Jayden had nothing to say back to him at this point, and stayed quiet the whole trip, until finaly they landed on the other side of the forest.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:00 AM   #13

rissole25
Highwind Captain

"Wow", said an excited Jayden. "I've read about Crystal Dragons and seen pictures of them. But never in real life.

Clief turned to Duegun and said, "Thanks Duegun".

Duegun grunted and materialised into the Crystal sword. The sword glowed a bright blue, like it had when Duegun was summoned. Then it soon returned back to its natural colour.

"I can't wait to tell Nari that I actually saw a Crystal dragon", exclaimed Jayden.

Clief chuckled. "How close are we to finding your friend", he said.

"Not far", said Jayden. "In fact, we're only about an hour or two away.

"How do you know where the cave is", asked Clief.

Jayden stood there thinking.

Should I tell him about Seri. How would he take it? Would he even believe me?

"I....I'll tell you when we reach Nari", said Jayden, hoping Clief wouldn't ask anymore questions about it until they got to Nari.

"Oh...yea okay", said Clief, not expecting that answer.

Quote:
Old 12-21-2009, 09:52 PM   #14

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Nari sat in the hidden room down in the sewers, two days had passed, but no sign of Jayden. She sighed and looked at the remaining rations she had in her backpack, she was going to have to leave that night. A cold breeze came in the cave with sudden force. A cloaked figure appeared before her.

“Ok, who are you and how do you know this place.” Nari said slipping her hand behind her onto one of her dagger blades.

“No need for alarm Nari. I am a friend nothing more nothing less.” She pulled off the portion of the cape covering her face. “I am Seri, a messenger of sorts.”

“Ok so what kind of message do you have for a thief?” Nari relaxed her guard and started packing up her stuff.

“I am known as Seri.”

“Wait, Seri of the black winds?” Nari tilted her head and looked startled.

Seri looked at Nari with surprise. “You know of me?”

“Only rumors, you’re an oblivion traveler, my dad mentioned stories of you.” Nari sat down intrigued. “What do you want with me?”

“Well actually its not just you I’m interested in, Jayden was the first, and now you, and you’re not last.” Seri explained. “The whole world is in threat of being enslaved.”

“Enslaved? Hasn’t that already started?”

“Well it’s not the Kruasarians you should be scared of. I can’t give you any more details, but know this, Jayden will be looking for you in the saves to the south.” Seri pointed southward.

“So the rumors are true, you don’t get involved you just warn of the dangers, is the eye of worlds real too?” Nari’s eyes opened wide in wonder.

“Yes, you’ll need to find it if you want to save this world.” Seri smiled lightly. “Believe in the path, and find your friend Jayden.”

Nari nodded and watched as Seri disappear into nothingness. “I wonder how she knew about me and Jayden being friends.” Nari thought out loud to herself. The caves that Seri had mentioned were about two days travel walking, but Nari’s Ninjitsu would solve that problem.

As she finished packing her bags a stone that her father had give her when she had first heard the story about Seri fell out of bag. “Hmm, I almost forgot about this.” The stone had over a hundred different symbols on it. “This is supposed to be the key to the eye of worlds. I hope it can help.”

Nari took off for the south. She hoped she could make it in time to see Jayden again, it had been way too long.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:43 AM   #15

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Nari arrived at the cave in little time, Ninjutsu once again made her life easier. She looked around and a spark of memory came to her. This was the cave that her and Jayden found when their village was being massacred. Her heart sank as she remembered the day.

Jayden and her as usual had gotten into trouble with the local blacksmith for breaking in to his forge and making the set of daggers she now carried. Jayden made them for her with the rare black metals that they had found early that summer during the meteor showers. An angry Mr. Druan, the smith, chased them out of town. Following Jaydens footsteps Nari and Jayden ended up in the middle of an open plane, where they found these caves and explored. They didn’t return to town till that night as the moon was rising only to find the village ablaze.

As she snapped out of her little dream she could hear two people walking behind her laughing away. She quickly chanted and made the right hand movements to disappear. She watched as the two approached.

“So who is this Nari person you are trying to find anyways?” One asked the other, still too far to make out who was talking but she could clearly hear them.

“Nari is like a little sister of sorts, her and I have known each other for a long time. Her clan found me after my people were destroyed.” Jayden familiar voice echoed over the planes.

Nari dropped out of stealth and ran towards the voice dropping her bags and leaping onto Jayden hugging him. “Jayden!! I thought I’d never see you again!”

Jayden was completely taken by surprise as the five foot tall little girl jumped into his arms and hung around his neck. “Nari! Is that you?”

Nari let go and dropped down to the ground and looked up at the familiar face of her best friend. “It is! Damn its good to see you, and who is your friend?”

Clief looked at the strange little girl with her short spiky bland hair, bright blue eyes and pointy ears. He could tell instantly this girl was trouble in one-way or another. “My name is Clief. Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too. Are you guy’s long time friends now? It’s been two years, I hope I haven’t been replaced.” Nari joked looking all puppy eyed at Jayden.

“Actually we just met.” Jayden smiled. “So how long have you been here? I was told to find you here.”

“I just got here and was told to find you here.” Nari giggled. “Seri ring a bell?”

Jaydens mouth dropped. “You mean she came to you too?”

“Yuppers, pretty cool eh? Can you believe we actually met someone of the Black Winds? Its pretty cool, never thought it was possible to meet a legend.” Nari said with way too much enthusiasm.

Jayden chuckled a little. “So I’m guessing your dad told you about her. Well guess what I got to see! A crystal dragon!”

Clief watched as the two young adults squatted down like two children and bragged about the interesting new things they had both seen. His interest in listening quickly falling as the stories became more and more absurd. “Will you two knock it off? Can someone please fill me in on just what is going on here?”