Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy X
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy X The FF that made the new generation graphics really take you back and go.... Wait, really?

Old 11-11-2009, 01:11 AM   #1

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to TherathxRikku
Otherworld: Breakdown of the song (Lyrics Included)

LYRICS:
Go now, if you want it
An otherworld awaits you
Don't you give up on it
You bite the hand that feeds you

All alone, cold fields you wander
Memories of it, cloud your sight
Fills your dreams, disturbs your slumber
Lost your way, a fallen knight

Hold now, aim is steady
An otherworld awaits you
One thousand years, you ready?
The otherworld, it takes you

Go into the sand, and the dust, and the sky
Go now, there's no better plan, than to do or to die
Free me, pray to the fayth in the face of the light
Feed me, fill me with sin, and get ready to fight
You know you will
You know you will
You know it, you know it, you know it, you know it, that you will
You know it, you know it, you know it, you know it, that you will
You know you will...

Fight, fight, fight
Fight, fight, fight
Fight, fight, fight
Fight, fight, fight!

Hope dies, and you wander
The otherworld, it makes you
Dreams, they rip asunder
The otherworld, it hates you

Free now, ride up on it
Up to the heights, it takes you
Go now, if you want it
An otherworld awaits you

Possibly, the best boss battle music ever, next to One Winged Angel and Fight with Seymour.

The lyrics literally tell the story of FFX. I read them as a kid and didn't get what it was saying and writ it off as gibberish, but now after playing the game through a million times, I've figured it out, for those of you who have not, I shall help you.

The first verse is saying, "If you truly want something, then you must do what it takes to get it," in a nutshell. This relates to the game by Tidus' personality, stubborn and afraid to really take a chance. He refused to find out what happened to Jecht (you bite the hand that feeds you) and tried to move on, but Jecht wanted him to know, so he took him to Spira (an otherworld awaits you).

The second verse, I think, relates to Tidus' homesickness. "All alone, cold fields you wonder" speaks of how he's in a completely different place and he has no clue where to go. "Memories of it, cloud your sight, Fills your dreams, disturbs your slumber" means he is always thinking about Zanarkand and he keep his mind fixated on it, not concentrating on anything else. "Lost your way, a fallen knight" I think somehow relates to Auron, seeing as he died and still has some duty to complete, I'm not 100% on that.

"Hold now, Aim is steady." basically means to face the struggles you are currently facing head on, without blinking. Tough quote, but it can mean a lot to some people. "An otherworld awaits you." is pretty obvious, something you're used to is gonna change, in this case, Tidus' world. "One thousand years, you ready?" again, obvious to those who played the game, if you haven't...

SPOILER!!!!!
It's talking about how Tidus is transported through time to Spira. It also means that things are gonna change drastically as if you moved a thousand years through time. :P
"The otherworld, it takes you." is, in fact, a reference to Sin. The "takes you" gives it away.

"Go into the sand, and the dust, and to sky, go now, there's no better plan than to do, or to die." this one is wordy, it means basically, journey forth to find what you need to find and don't give up and die. Throughout the game, Tidus faces everything he comes across with determination, and everything he came across was pretty traumatic, yet he still fought. It's a line of perseverance, pretty much.
"Free me, pray to the fayth in the face of the light, feed me, fill me with sin, and get ready to fight." The first line refers to the Yevonites, their belief is with cleansing humanity of sin and evil, they will no longer suffer under Sin's destruction. The second line is all about Seymour, he wished to "feed" on the souls of the living to gain power and to become the next Sin.

The few lines after that seem self explanatory, when in actuality, they are talking about Tidus' thoughts while he is in Spira, "you know it" is referring to him accepting that he is stuck in Spira, he knows he's never going back. "fight, fight, fight" is what he's thinking when he is protecting Yuna. The best way to protect someone is to fight.

"Hope dies, and you wander, the otherworld, it makes you" if you were paying attention, this should also be obvious, it refers to Tidus' hope of getting home being crushed. The second line basically means that Spira has "remade" Tidus, making him act different than he used to, also, his feelings for Jecht eventually changed.
"Dreams, they rip asunder, the otherworld, it hates you" is pretty much the same as above.

And the final verse is Tidus' indecision to go back to Zanarkand after his chance comes up for him. He begins to love Spira and the people from Spira, therefore making it hard for him to go back, it is also a preview of what happens in X-2, sorry, no more spoilers. :P

And that's all that's in the song! Hope you enjoyed and I am gonna break down some more FF songs to help you guys out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clief101_ View Post
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!

Last edited by TherathxRikku; 11-13-2009 at 07:57 PM.
TherathxRikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:48 AM   #2

rissole25
Highwind Captain

Re: Otherworld: Breakdown of the song (Lyrics Included)

I downloaded it the last week. I have to say its pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissole25 View Post
My 1000th post was about you Leon
rissole25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:49 AM   #3

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Indeed.

btw, I probably won't be able to complete the breakdown of the song for a while, but I can periodically work on it.

Quote:
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:50 PM   #4

Heartless Angel
Vivi's Minder

I love this song, and thanks for the lyrics because I could never figure them out, as the guy voice is kinda distorted. But thats what makes it cool!
Heartless Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #5

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

I could somewhat figure out the first verse, but then I get lost in the totally awesome guitar solo.

Quote:

Old 11-13-2009, 07:59 PM   #6

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

(excuse the double post)

I'm finally done, I'm gonna break down Cosmos and Chaos for you guys one of these days.

Quote: