PDA

View Full Version : Girls and self defence.

Zerlina
09-28-2005, 12:44 AM
Oh and here's a point that I forgot but have noticed more and more this year. When you wear uniforms, old men stare at you. It really sucks.

Zeromus_X
09-28-2005, 01:02 AM
Oh and here's a point that I forgot but have noticed more and more this year. When you wear uniforms, old men stare at you. It really sucks.

nyao...should i ask why ? ^^;;; :confused:

ShadowHeart
09-28-2005, 06:01 AM
Probably something to do with sick fantasies on their part..

Zeromus_X
09-28-2005, 08:17 PM
...ick... :(

Zerlina
09-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Yeah. Completely. It's so gross.

And an example of which- today on the bus I was sitting down across from this girl who was also in a uniform. This old guy got on and put his arm around her and started touching her shoulders and stuff. She just kept ignoring him, and then when she got up to get off the bus, he tried to look up her skirt. He started talking to me, and was trying to get me to sit next to him, so I went and sat on the other side of the bus, and then he just kept staring at me. It was so creepy! Luckily some of my guy friends were in the bus ahead of me, because when I got off, he followed me (I pushed the button thing at the last minute and then got off the bus as late as possible, but he like...darted off). I saw my friends and I was so unbelievably relieved. That whole bus ride was just scary. I kept having to watch him in the window (reflection), and the looks he was giving all the school girls was just gross.

Zeromus_X
09-28-2005, 11:00 PM
ew! :( :mad: doesnt the driver do anything? jeez, nobody even says anything? thats gross...

Arkacia
09-29-2005, 02:51 AM
Yeah. Completely. It's so gross.

And an example of which- today on the bus I was sitting down across from this girl who was also in a uniform. This old guy got on and put his arm around her and started touching her shoulders and stuff. She just kept ignoring him, and then when she got up to get off the bus, he tried to look up her skirt. He started talking to me, and was trying to get me to sit next to him, so I went and sat on the other side of the bus, and then he just kept staring at me. It was so creepy! Luckily some of my guy friends were in the bus ahead of me, because when I got off, he followed me (I pushed the button thing at the last minute and then got off the bus as late as possible, but he like...darted off). I saw my friends and I was so unbelievably relieved. That whole bus ride was just scary. I kept having to watch him in the window (reflection), and the looks he was giving all the school girls was just gross.

I doubt that was just the uniforms fault though. He just sounds like an out and out pervert. I'll bet he would have been exactly the same even if you were in street clothes.

One thing the uniform can be sort of responsible for is that they do mark a girl out as underage, so any weirdo's would be able to spot one without any trouble. Thats not the uniforms fault though, its the pervert who is taking an interest in school girls who bears all the blame.

I see the girls here out of school wearing jeans and skirts halfway down their butts and tops that barely cover their chests, leaving their stomachs and the top third/half of their butt cheeks bare. A perfect dirty old mans dream. If something happens though, its not the clothes that are to blame, but the men who commit the acts.

Zerlina, a bit of advice. If anything like that happens again, especially if a strange man touches you without your consent, for heavens sake report it to the school and/or your parents and/or the police. Men who show an interest in young girls like that need to be stopped before they do something really terrible.

ShadowHeart
09-29-2005, 05:02 AM
^Agreed (the last paragraph). The world would be a much better place (but still not a good place) if all perverts.. I guess they may be called pedophiles.. like that were gone :/

Spiff
09-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Zerlina, this is a good time to get a cell phone. That's the only problem with uniforms IMO. They can grab the attention of the wrong people.

Luis, that was sarcasm.

Luis
09-29-2005, 02:14 PM
Therefore, my headache didn't allow me to see the sarcasm :D
I agree with Arkacia too. It's not about the uniform, it's about the dirty mind of the pervs and the stalkers. And yes, you should repots those kind of situations to your parents/school, in the case it happens again.

Zeromus_X
09-29-2005, 08:20 PM
yeah, that just isnt right :mad:

Totorosama
09-30-2005, 06:39 PM
Self-defense would be useful. So would an aggressive attitude. Also, if you want, you can stare (evily) back. You don't have to take any crap.

Zerlina
09-30-2005, 11:42 PM
I know self defense! I can flip a 300 pound man (And I'm on the bottom of average, weighing about 100 pounds.) Plus, I can break a man's collar bone fairly easily...and a bunch of other stuff. Yay womens' self defense. It's quite useful. Did you know that 2/3 of women will be sexually harassed at least once in their lives?
The problem is, you can't just go all agressive on some guy on the bus. You'll get arrested or something.

*snickers* but my guy friends DID offer to "take" him.

You gotta love hanging out with guys.

Totorosama
10-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Also, non-physical self-defense. Words, facial expressions, stuff like that. You can flip a 300 lb. dude? Good fighter or not?

Zerlina
10-01-2005, 08:17 PM
You mean me? I can't fight for crap. But I can get away ^^. That's what the point of the self defense class I'm taking is. Basically, just rendering your attacker incapable, then running as fast as you can. The exams are funny, because they call you in one and a time and pretend to talk to you. Then someone sneaks up behind you :P. Once you finish you can go to the upstairs and watch everyone else go through the same thing!

Arkacia
10-02-2005, 05:05 AM
Its quite a different story when you are grabbed from behind by a stranger on the street.

I'm speaking from experience as it happened to me about 20 years ago. I knew basic self defence too, but was so bloody scared that I didn't remember any of it while the guy had hold of me. I even had very sharp knives in my bag (was working as a fish filleter at the time and was on my way to work) but the thought of getting one out never crossed my petrified mind.

Being grabbed by a stranger is a lot different to self defence classes. No matter how random the practice attacks are, you know its not real and you are safe. When this guy grabbed me all I could think of was talking him into letting me go, which I'm glad to say I managed to do. I just hope the next woman he got hold of was as lucky as I was (I reported him to the police but they weren't very interested).

Zeromus_X
10-02-2005, 06:52 PM
what i want to know is...why any guy would want to do this to women? is it a control issue? :confused: i just dont understand these things...

Totorosama
10-02-2005, 09:13 PM
It's just people with problems. You probably don't want to know what goes through their heads. You know what's weird? We're completely off-subject...

Arkacia
10-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Quite right Totorosama :).

I've split the thread as this subject seems to be very interesting itself.

Zerlina
10-02-2005, 10:38 PM
My sensei says it's people who have power issues, and feel that they need to be in control. The least common attack is from a stranger, believe it or not. The majority of violence against women is committed by familiar people.

Also, there was a survey done at a university a while ago, and they asked a bunch of college men if they would rape a woman if they knew they could get away with it. Something like 40% said they would.

Zeromus_X
10-02-2005, 11:06 PM
this is interesting and horrifying at the same time... :confused: ;;

i honestly had more faith in the human race...sigh... :(

ShadowHeart
10-03-2005, 05:04 AM
Also, there was a survey done at a university a while ago, and they asked a bunch of college men if they would rape a woman if they knew they could get away with it. Something like 40% said they would.

Holy shit. Are you serious?? Never expected it to be that high.. That's sickening :(

Luis
10-03-2005, 02:23 PM
Human behaviour is just about the synergy and the mix of our own circunstances. You may have 'faith' in the human race Zerosmus... But you'll find muggers, assassins, thiefs, betrayers... and other people which you may consider 'normal', but have done 'bad things' too. I do not have 'faith' at all... You live in a world which is being destroyed by humans... socially and phisically. I think you should act in a cool way, in these situations; I mean, trying to follow your reasoning and not your feelings... But honestly, this is really difficult, as Arkacia said.

Spiff
10-03-2005, 04:45 PM
There's a difference between saying you would do something and doing it.

75% of sixth graders said they would kill someone for 10,000 dollars.
10% would kill someone for 5.

BTW: it's spelt defense ;)

ShadowHeart
10-03-2005, 04:57 PM
I guess that's true, Spiff. But still, even saying you would do it.. that's just wrong :/

And it's "defense" only in American English ;)

Spiff
10-03-2005, 05:05 PM
And it's "defense" only in American English ;)

I had that suspicion. :) but what better way to find out then to ask (in a round-a-bout way)

Zerlina
10-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Usually the american spelling is the more literal one, and the canadian/british spelling is more fancy.

There's a difference between 6th graders and college students.

Totorosama
10-03-2005, 06:43 PM
My guess is that the world will never be perfect. WIthout the problems, you don't understand what is wrong, which then means you don't know what' s right. This was brought up in the thread (serious subjects) about the criminal activities in New Orleans after Katrina.

Rorschach
10-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Yups....
And that rape college poll is just gross...

Zeromus_X
10-03-2005, 08:30 PM
My guess is that the world will never be perfect. WIthout the problems, you don't understand what is wrong, which then means you don't know what' s right.

well...that makes sense.

Arkacia
10-05-2005, 05:13 AM
The rape poll is very disturbing. The only good thing about it is that 99% of that 40% will never act on that answer and attack a female.

For those that do, its mostly a power thing. Their chance to dominate and abuse an unwilling woman gives them a sick pleasure. Looking into the lives of most rapists, you'll find they were dominated themselves by mothers, sisters, wives or some other woman in their lives. Most of them hate women because of that and their acts are power and payback based. Very sick I know.

Totorosama
10-05-2005, 06:43 PM
I think that we should end this. Too many disturbing things and atrocities and details.

Arkacia
10-05-2005, 11:29 PM
Don't worry, I'm watching the thread carefully, and am sure Shadowheart is too :).

I'm a member of a couple of forums where this subject would have been closed down right from the first post, but believe its something that needs to be out in the open and not hidden away and only whispered about behind closed doors. Things like this do need to be talked about.

If people go past the line, they will hear about it and if the thread does degenerate, it will be closed, but for now, its ok.

Zeromus_X
10-05-2005, 11:32 PM
The rape poll is very disturbing. The only good thing about it is that 99% of that 40% will never act on that answer and attack a female.

For those that do, its mostly a power thing. Their chance to dominate and abuse an unwilling woman gives them a sick pleasure. Looking into the lives of most rapists, you'll find they were dominated themselves by mothers, sisters, wives or some other woman in their lives. Most of them hate women because of that and their acts are power and payback based. Very sick I know.

kinda feel sorry for them...but only a little.

Lyde Lyde
10-06-2005, 09:37 AM
I have concern for my safety too. That's why so every often I go out to the gun rage. You have to protect yourself from perverts.

Totorosama
10-06-2005, 06:23 PM
I'm surrounded by them. It's sick. Thankfully, I'm a guy.

~Hidan~
10-18-2005, 05:01 AM
Girls taking self defence is a good thing, my girlfriend could really use itt.

Totorosama
10-19-2005, 06:24 PM
Actually, everyone could use it. Not just if you're a girl, but everyone: the seniors, the disabled, etc.

Squall Lionheart
01-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Fighting abilities always can be a helpfull factor in life.....

Kat
06-29-2006, 05:53 PM
creepy......so were can you learn defense abilities?

Tiny Bronco
06-29-2006, 06:10 PM
I think that in some states schools have to offer self defense classes. Your parents would know I bet.

Spirit
06-29-2006, 09:37 PM
Even though I'm a guy I do feel terrible for girls.

Hydra
06-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Meh.... as a personal experience, alot of defenseless women rely on their man to help them....and THAT'S the problem.. o_0 If your boyfriend is a rapist, he'll wait for the right moment and time to do....well....you know. He'll do anything. Defending you to get your trust to....yeah. Girls taking self defense classes is a great idea. If they didn't know any better, could you blame them?

On a guess here, but most rapists probably have a dark past. IE, abusive back stories...and whatnot. Parents abusing one another...the father hitting the mother... early childhood.. it's like a big puzzle. And when said child gets older, and doesn't know any better, they look to what their parents did.

That's why you see alot of rapists that twist males AND females. It's all about being a good parent, and looking out for everybody. Look outside the box at people, instead of what you see. And take self defense classes...like the topic says.. :D

~Hidan~
06-30-2006, 07:06 PM
I know a girl who is a world champion in kickboxing, I was with her going to a club once and someone tried to hold us up, it only took her a few second to land the guy bent over a trash can in the side of the street.

Staircase
06-30-2006, 11:55 PM
The rape rate where i live (New York) is simply amazing. It makes me want to vomit. And self defence is a must. I think carrying a gun is also a great solution. My mom and dad both carry 9mm guns with them almost everywhere. Dead serious. They both have their licences (obviously) and cmon, who is gonna try to make a woman with a gun feel uncomfortable. As long as you are responsible with a gun.

Sorry if thats hard to read... i think theres like 50 run on sentances and missing commas, but im way too tired to rewrite it.

Greendragon
07-05-2006, 09:46 AM
*.....hmm...* yep rape in new york is pretty high.. pretty sick stuff..i hate how people objectify women here. its disturbing..they started teaching self defence in out gym classes too, mostly for girls but its open for everyone...get on aim stair.....

richboywonder
07-22-2006, 05:49 PM
you can look nice but you can be pure evil on the outside or inside.

Zeon
08-25-2006, 08:14 PM
im actually english so i dont know what its like in america. i knew it was bad but tht poll rate from earlier was just sickening. i couldnt even begin to imagine why someone even with a twisted childhood would wanna do tht. where im from i can walk around at night free and safe without a care and sometimes i feel so lucky. but a couple years ago i went around my local towny place and there was a group of idoitic 18 year olds just walking about drinking and smoking. they came over anf started having ago about "hey this our area get out" and i was on about public rights and stuff and one of them hit me from behind and knocked me down. i was on the floor getting to my knees and one of them kicked me in the stomach. after tht i got angry and when another one tried the same i grabbed his leg and stuck my teeth into it. his blood did not taste ncie i can assure u.....anyway i got up and basically did the same thing tht the guy was trying to do to me and the others just took one look at me and left........i was lucky. they could have easily taken me out but becoz they were drunk they wernt so aware of how scrawny i was back then. i never leave the house at tht time of night without defence (eg knife) HOWEVER if think tht having a gun is a bad idea. think if ur parents can hold of a gun tht easy then whats stopping the rapists and murderers getting one too? nothing thts what. the only weapons i can get hold of is garden tools and display blades (eg sets of 3 blunt aluminium samuri blades) which are pretty useless really.....

anywayz ending off i just wanna say not knowing whats its like im sorry tht its tht bad in the areas u live. in a way it can be the same here but most the time its sound. self defence is most certainly the way to go and only when we fight back against these sons-of-b*tches will we ever truely be safer in our areas and around the globe :)

Phoenix Flame
06-11-2007, 04:50 AM
Now-a-days its great to know self defense...no matter who you are.

Marius
06-12-2007, 06:03 PM
it's important to be defensive especially if u live in a bad area.i too have had some times where i had too defend myself.i live in a bad area myself and also had got myself in a pretty bad relationship to say the least.i had to learn my lesson the hard way. it's not an easy way to deal with ignorant people. but there r those moments when u gotta handle a situation.some times its our of your control and u may have no choice but to protect yourself.

Darkreno
06-13-2007, 01:29 AM
yes marius u should kno ur a forth degree blackbelt . u can whoop my butt no kidding. but then again i'll never hit a lady.especially marius(well i couldn't even if i tried lol)

Shinra Soldier 1
08-27-2007, 11:41 AM
Wait, I thought this was about self defense? I have been in martial arts a while and was looking to share my knowledge haha!

Darkreno
09-03-2007, 05:28 PM
omg you too well at least you & marius have something in common..sheesh if dal ill lady wanted to she could fold me up like a pretzel and well.....you get my point. but yeah this threads about women & self defence. which i happen to believe now adays they rly need it. cuz theres a lot of wakko's out there.