Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy VII (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What's the name of Cloud's wolf? (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3708)

_XxRikuxX_ 05-01-2008 01:13 PM

Re: What's the name of Cloud's wolf?

The Name of the wolf IS FENRIR!!! u guys have never played final fantasy VII Dirge Of cerberus??? He calls the Wolf Himself Fenrir! and Fenrir is a very popular WOLF in all the final fantasys, includin FF9 Eidolon - Fenri (a wolf) and FFX enemy Fenrir (a wolf) ETC.. in all the final fantasys is a wolf called fenrir...think about ff7 where is fenrir?? it isn't because fenrir is the name of the wolf and OF THE BIKE HE RIDES!!! Fenrir

strife 09-17-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My hero Squall (Post 112824)
Ok well, I didn't really know how to explain this so i"ll do my best.
In FFVII the main character has a ?GF? (just like in FFVIII Squall's GF was a lion). Now I know that Cloud's animal is a wolf but I want to know the name of the wolf and what it signifies.
Like just how Squall's lion's name is Griever and signifies Strength and pride I think. Any ideas?

I always thought that the wolf was a personification of Zack, not Cloud.

clief101_ 09-27-2009 01:38 PM

at no point in the original game does cloud have anything to do with a wolf, other than of course fighting them in the many constant random battles. he names his bike in AC (he got it before the events in AC) Fenrir, but at no stage did he derive that name from the bike he rode to escape midgar, nor does it even say the name of the bike.

TherathxRikku 10-26-2009 11:28 AM

A wolf is the symbol of loneliness or repressiveness. It symbolizes that Cloud can't let go of the past, both that Aerith and Zack died and he "failed" to protect them. In short, th wolf has no name, other than Sorrow.

rissole25 10-27-2009 05:11 AM

Yes, Sorrow. I guess that would be the only name for it. It's represents a lot of things to Cloud and I guess Sorrow would basically be all those things in short.

TherathxRikku 10-27-2009 08:45 AM

Regret, too, but that leads back to sorrow. The wolf really says a lot of things about the game if you didn't play or finish it. But, essentially, it has little to do with Cloud and more with Zack and Aerith, since Cloud's sorrow and regret centers around those two.

clief101_ 10-27-2009 08:50 AM

its like a reminder to cloud about how he let them down and couldnt do a thing for them. in the world he is all alone, thats y at the end of AC he realises that hes not alone

TherathxRikku 10-27-2009 08:52 AM

Perty (southern talk, ftw!!) much, yeah.

UltimaFenrir 02-13-2011 01:52 AM

The Wolf is call Fenrir it symbolizes loneliness... something like that

Tip Daniels 05-17-2011 05:23 PM

red XIII

RPGgamer 05-10-2012 09:31 AM

To be honest i dont see a wolf