Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy XII (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Quickenings and Espers thread (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2957)

Max the Man 11-26-2006 11:18 PM

Quickenings and Espers

I am not very far, as far as I know, into FFXII. I'm currently wandering around the Ozmone Plains trying to level up past level 30 before I venture into the Henne Mines. I have 2 quickenings and one Esper. And I was wondering... who here uses Quickenings? I've only got 2, Feral Strike and Fulminating Darkness, and then Ashe I've given Belias (cause it made sense to me XDDD) so I was curious... who in your party has quickenings and espers?

Zeromus_X 11-27-2006 12:02 AM

Re: Quickenings and Espers

Ashe, Basch, and Fran all have three Quickenings. The rest of the party members have one Quickening so I can use them as mist catalysts in battle if I need to finish of a boss or something. Ashe has Belias and Mateus (the legacies of Raithwall), and Fran has Shemhazai. I plan on giving Basch Zeromus when I finally obtain him.

I haven't been paying attention to most of the Espers though. xD For Zeromus, I just couldn't kill him, because he stops everyone from using magic, so I had to rely on X-Potions and he summons six Dark Lords and grargh. I'll have to try again some other time.

Staircase 11-27-2006 10:37 AM

Dont worry about the henne mines too much. I'm level 23 and i just finished the mines with ease.

For me, i have everybody with 2 quickenings and i have one esper. I never use him though, i find quickenings much more useful.

darkshadow2247 11-27-2006 09:13 PM

Everyone in my party has two Quickenings and Basch has my only Esper. I battle ordinarily with my characters. When a boss begins to use more powerful attacks (usually after half of their HP is depleted) I break out my first chain of Quickenings. I usually get an 8+ combo. This takes most of the HP away from the boss.

If I happen to screw up my Quickening combo, I pull out Basch and summon Belias. I fight with them until either of them dies. Then, if my potions or MP get low (low as in almost not enough to preform a Rank I Quickening) I use the Quickening combos.

If I screw that up, then I pull out an ether to heal my party leader's MP. Then I take off his/her magick gambits and attack to charge MP (I have the augmentation licenses to gain MP as I take/give damage) and use my Quickenings again. I'll usually be able to pull a 4+ combo through Mist Charges.

This has worked for me everytime (my characters are 26, 28, 27, 28, 27, 26) including in the Henne Mines.

Phoenix Flame 11-27-2006 10:32 PM

I'm at Arcades - at 31 hrs. Every character has 3 MQs and 0 espers right now. I don't see me using them much until later in the game (maybe.)

darkshadow2247 11-28-2006 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reasoniamalive
I'm at Arcades - at 31 hrs. Every character has 3 MQs and 0 espers right now. I don't see me using them much until later in the game (maybe.)

I don't know about using Espers as a main source of attacking, but I do thing they are good for absorbing damage. You can let your Esper attack a boss and you can cast cure on it. Keep running around the arena as well as attacking the boss for MP charging. It's slow, but it does a considerable amount of damage.

Spiff 11-30-2006 05:39 AM

I got all my Quickenings as soon as possible, and use them all the time. Espers haven't been very good to me, they usually die quickly.

Max the Man 11-30-2006 06:13 PM

Gah... my friend said that all the monsters were lvl 36 or above.. *stabs him*

mel 12-11-2006 08:42 PM

I have all espers but zodiark almost all the marks except Behetmoth king,fafnir,lindwyrm,and . almost all the hunts and i did every event but the rare fishing rod. and im at the last part of the game I'm trieing to fisnish everything up b4 i beat the last part. my top three strongest characters are lvl 65-70 and my weakest 55-60. I also have all the quickenings and almost all the license blocks.

Doctor 12-13-2006 02:10 AM

I am currently past Archades, on my way to the Feywood...

All of my characters have 2 quickenings except for Fran (she only has 1.) It's hard to get to a quickening when you have to buy liscences for bunch of other stuff you don't even want to use...

I only have 2 espers. >_> but I find them to be quite useless...unless I happen to find a powerful one...

Vann is level 41, and the rest of my characters are leveled in their 30's (I'm trying to catch them up)

Rezanon 12-20-2006 03:55 AM

I am at level 23 and I have all three quickenings on Basch, Fran, Balthier, and Vaan. Ashe and Penelo have two. Ashe has Belias, although I rarely use him. I am heading into the Stilshrine. I am about to go kill the trickster. I have been doing most of my marks. The trickster isn't hard at all. I took a stab at him without Larsa in my party and got him down to at least 10% health. He Choco-Comet-ed me though. I am going to go back and Quicken his ass. I get up to 15-chain at max and average at about 12, so I pretty much mess him up.

Phoenix Flame 12-28-2006 12:44 PM

I'm having trouble w/Zodiark. Anyone own him yet? Got a strategy? I've searched gamefaqs and don't like the idea of having to get 3 black masks (besides, Darkja KO's your characters randomly anyway so I don't see the point.) I'm on level 90 w/three characters and around 65 with other three. Using Bubble belts, zodiac spear, save the queen and Ultima sword. He keeps putting up that stupid perfect barrier and I die before it goes down.

Kat 01-13-2007 07:22 PM

i have just a small question out of curiosity,how many espers can you obtain in the game?

Phoenix Flame 04-09-2007 04:17 AM

13 I think Kat. Umm... Is there RLY a use for the damn espers?

I didn't use them at all the whole game through. Did anyone else find times they were particularly helpful? :confused:

Hydra 04-09-2007 01:11 PM

Just using Belias when you first obtain him. To knock away the weaklings, since you're probably one yourself that early in the game. =O