Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Other Video Games (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   RPG Maker 2 make ur own Final Fantasy (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58)

XeroFF7 01-28-2005 04:12 PM

RPG Maker 2 make ur own Final Fantasy

I have this game and im trying 2 make my own FF7

does any 1 else have this game

Gumdrop 01-28-2005 06:40 PM

do you mean your makeing a spinn off or more or less of a copy?

XeroFF7 01-28-2005 09:26 PM

less of a copy or a spin off or a new kind off final fantasy

~Hidan~ 02-08-2005 12:23 PM

I'll give this much to you, you got patience. Personally it takes too long for me to mess with that a whole lot. So GL

PEace

XeroFF7 02-08-2005 01:36 PM

ur tellin me iv been working on it and i only got the chars and abilities down

ShadowHeart 02-08-2005 02:28 PM

Oh just you wait until you've started working on all the monsters, the world, all the towns and dungeons and make it all fit together in a good story.

~Hidan~ 02-08-2005 09:28 PM

I altered Ragnarok Online to be my own game and even that has taken me a long time, and I didnt have to change much...

Hazzah for trying my friend Hazzah

Quezacotl 04-01-2005 05:21 PM

I've tried using RPG Maker before. It takes far too long to get anywhere with it, it's a nice little program, but I just don't have the patience to keep at it long enough to actually put a whole game together. =\

Maybe I'll try the new RPG Maker sometime soon... but I doubt I'd finish anything again. :p

Zeromus_X 08-06-2005 03:12 AM

Re: RPG Maker 2 make ur own Final Fantasy

well Xero, if you do finish your game, please put a link to it, for Ill definitely play it! :)

Andrew Scaves 08-07-2005 01:44 PM

Where can you by this game, It's my life dream to start my own Final Fantasy.

Spiff 08-07-2005 03:32 PM

eBay

and I'm sure you can get it at any video game store.

ShadowHeart 08-07-2005 08:06 PM

The RPG Maker program has been available for download to PC for many years already, and it's not that big (~20 MB if I recall correctly). There are also newer version of it out for PC, the latest being RPG Maker 2003. I'm not sure on the legality of downloading and using them, but I'm sure it'd be a heck of a lot easier to work with them on your computer than on your PS - not only because you have a keyboard and a mouse, but also because you can download extra graphics (or make your own in a paint program) easily and use, and the same thing with the music. The only real downside to it is of course that you can only play the games on your computer (as far as I know), if you consider that a downside.

Just google on it and you should find info on the different versions. There are also other RPG making software for PC, and I know at least some of them are free to download and use as you please without having a bad conscience over it :)

Arkacia 08-16-2005 04:53 AM

I think RPG maker is legal to download. I found lots of reputable sites with it available in its various versions.

Have downloaded it (need it to play the freeware Final Fantasy Final Nova). Problem was I could'nt work out how to launch it as there was no exec file in either RPG maker or the FF game.

ShadowHeart 08-16-2005 07:48 AM

When I last checked up on this stuff, RPG Maker 2003 was illegal to download, but the earlier versions were okay to download and use as much as you want. But that may have changed, as it was a couple of months ago..

Arkacia 08-16-2005 10:49 AM

Thats why I said "I think" :).

I downloaded the RPG Maker 2000, and it was ok. Didn't look at the later versions because the game I wanted it for needed the 2000 version, so you could very well be right about 2003 being illegal.