Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy Tactics / Tactics Advance (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I just beat this recently. (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1655)

Zeromus_X 08-20-2006 09:56 PM

I just beat this recently.

I guess it was okay. I still don't think the game is the greatest thing in the world, but it was fun and challenging and had great music. I'd like it a bit better if the story wasn't so confuddling. I far prefer Tactics Advance's story and gameplay. Of course, a lame translation can be blamed for some of the confusion in this case (hah, Ultima's 'Face Up' is an obvious error).

Since I just wanted to get the game through with, I used Orlandu, and sure enough, he's sickeningly powerful. I breezed through most of the game (I took a break to collect the other optional characters), including getting Cloud. But I'm too lazy to train him, though I've heard he's a great character once he's leveled up.

But anyway, what are your opinions on the first Tactics?

Griever 08-21-2006 03:12 AM

Re: I just beat this recently.

Cloud is definatly worth training..he is really helpful in battles.

I like dit..but the storyline was confusing..like one second i understood what was going on, and then i'd get confused and not understand anything. I had to play it through two times though..because the first time i even played it i got to the castle (i don't remember the name of the castle) but i had to go one on one with wiegraf and then defeat him as a zodiac monster. But to say it in a plain way, i was greatly ill-prepared for that battle and i could not get more than 3 hits on him before dying. I neglected to get auto potion so i just got my tail handed to me. I had to start all over to train them in certain skills i missed before. I had accidently saved over an old file from before i went into the castle, so i couldn't go back and train. Anyway, the second playthrough i was more prepared and it helped me understand what was going on a little better. Other than the confusing storyline and the fact that the battle system pissed me off at first (until i got used to it of course) i think it was a pretty good game.

Zeromus_X 08-21-2006 09:59 PM

Yeah, I just Yelled like crazy as per FFNut's faq. Of course, shooting at him as a Chemist is an option. :)

But yeah, really confusing. I still don't understand some of the phrases.

"But...the Lucavi made them to land in this world..."

"Defeat Dycedarg's elder brother!"

"Ramza...what did you get?...I..."

0_o;

wingman 08-24-2006 06:50 AM

i didnt even use cloud i used beowolf, golden dragon i think its called, a monk and 2 ninjas

Zeon 08-24-2006 07:02 AM

ive only played tactics advance so i might just buy this and try it out :D