Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   General FF Discussion (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Moogles Vs Chocobos! (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26)

Gumdrop 12-22-2004 06:49 PM

Moogles Vs Chocobos!

Which do you think is better/cutter moogles or chocobos? I prefer moogles, I think they are much cuter :D

FFnut 12-22-2004 06:56 PM

WARK!

Let's see... one heals, one lets you ride it... one is a playable class in FFTA, one is a controllable monster type in FFT... Cait Sith rides one in FF7, you breed one to get the cheapest summon spell in the game... yeah, chocobos have this whole thing wrapped up. Go Warkers.

Shaggy 12-24-2004 02:33 AM

Chocobos..no comparison.. :)

Gumdrop 12-24-2004 08:49 AM

I noticed generaly men tend to like chocobos and girls tent to like moogles, I wonder why that is?! I hope more girls come here, I want moogles to win ^_^

Shaggy 12-24-2004 04:37 PM

Never....chocobos will always be on top.. ;)

primus 12-25-2004 12:22 PM

yah i liked the whole "chocobo world" thing in FFVIII although it was very unfair for those who have PS becuse they couldnt play it without a special cosole of some sort.

The Dark Paladin 12-30-2004 02:22 PM

I would have to go with moogles, for one reason: can a chocobo bust out those great dance moves of Mog's from FF6? No. Moogles rule.

Gumdrop 12-30-2004 04:51 PM

yay another moogle vote ^_^ good reply too :D

FFnut 12-30-2004 05:43 PM

Can any other moogle bust out Mog's dance moves? No. Mog's one-of-a-kind there. That doesn't help moogles as much as it just helps Mog. Remember, Mog is also the only moogle capable of speaking Human (I'm not saying english because the games were originally japanese) so he's more of a paragon of the moogle race - better than all other moogles. He's also the only moogle who lived through the end of the world and he has a yeti slave. He's too advanced to be compared to normal chocobos when normal moogles are the subject of this debate.

...wow, that was a lot of typing. And I'm not even done yet.

Another problem with moogles is that they are so specialized - they dance, most of the time for weak healing amounts. Chocobos have varying powers (Choco Meteor is one of the cheapest attacks a monster can use in FFT) as well as different movement abilities (green walks over mountains, blacks can fly and land in forests, etc.). Not to mention that even pieces of chocobos (most notably their feathers) can be equipped as accessories to provide bonuses to characters. I'm really having trouble seeing where a regular moogle is better than a regular chocobo.

Gumdrop 12-30-2004 08:13 PM

i hate it when they cast choco meteo -_- moogles are just cuter and thats that :P would a chocobo let you save in ff9? no! all they do is make you breed them or play stupid mini games that take up hours of your time, just to get to locations that are slighty out of reach! *stopms on chocobo* meh, that will teach it to take up my time :D

*and cuddles moogle*

FFnut 12-31-2004 12:14 AM

I couldn't stand FF9. It was one of the few RPGs that I've never played all the way through. But now we can turn to a less conventional Square game; Secret Of Evermore for SNES. In that game, a chocobo's egg increased your max health by a lot if you had one as a charm. What did moogles do? They weren't even good enough to be put into the game. Moogles are also a bigger waste of time than chocobos are. You know the mini-game "Mog House" in FF7? Try playing that without having any idea when you've fed Mog too much or too little. I lost all my gil, went out to get some more, lost it all again, and ended up breeding the gold chocobo in between playing this game. Eventually I figured out "Maybe when he jumps it's perfect" and it worked fine, but up until that point it wasted more time than chocobo breeding. I stand by the idea - no, the FACT - that chocobos are superior to moogles in every way.

...I have no life...

Gumdrop 12-31-2004 07:15 AM

that's one game, so what? and mog house was easy, and at least you did not have to do it to get any special iteams! btw, I think ff9 ruled :P don't know what your problem is with it -_-

FFnut 12-31-2004 01:47 PM

That's another thing, when did a moogle help you get a special item EVER?

Oh, about FF9... I don't know why I hate it so much, I'm just repelled by it. I couldn't stand playing it, probably because the gameplay was horrible, but I can't pick out any particular thing about the gameplay I didn't like.

Gumdrop 12-31-2004 04:01 PM

its a good thing that you don't need them to get a special iteam, it means we don't have to spend hours breeding them or playing mini games -_-

Zatsugaku 01-23-2005 07:32 PM

ff10 really took a huge chunk out of my love for the almighty chocobo with those malevolent races, so boko and his kind still top that duo... but id have to say that cactuars rule my roost